Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Sylestia Economy
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/5/2019 at 11:30 AM Post #31
To be honest, I have no clue what you are talking about? I never mentioned anything political, nor did I even know who was the person who brought it up.

I just said I didn't like the idea because then pets that have had their breedings used up would be useless and probably dumped on the market for dirt cheap. Which is what this suggestion is meant to prevent.

I never mentioned inbreeding, or anything like that.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 9/5/2019 at 5:44 PM Post #32
I mentioned three people in my last post; that part of it was directed to one of the others I was replying to. Sorry for the confusion ^.^;

You brought up a point I hadn't really considered though. And I'm not really coming up with any ideas around it, unless you just plain can't sell them at that point. (Of course, then people would just sell them dirt cheap with only one breeding chance left...)
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 9/5/2019 at 6:42 PM Post #33
Having played on games that had the 'you can only breed x number of times ever' or 'you can only breed til x age'.... I left them all because the mechanics were so restrictive, I just couldn't get into breeding and having fun. I am a project breeder here with many, many completed projects and love breeding my pairs (at request) for people to buy offspring from. If they were limited by either of those mechanics.... I can't even imagine. Honestly, I'd probably leave because the game just wouldn't be any fun to me anymore.

I agree that there needs to be some kind of incentive to get the lesser desired pets out of the market. I have always liked the idea of the NPC that will purchase pets that you no longer want, for those that don't really want to release their pets. If the NPC became a thing, I would want to keep releasing as an option, assuming you couldn't 'buy back' your pet from the NPC the way you currently can when you release. The Lost Grove nest thing was a good first step in the direction of incentives, but many people are burned out from grinding away in there, so getting a chance at a nest after holding a bunch of pets to release after a month and a half really isn't all that enticing for a good number of people. Having other ways to remove the pets from the market would be good.

Also, very much support a mass release option. Have needed one for years with my project breeding XD
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 9/5/2019 at 7:03 PM Post #34
i dont get how thats political lmao. but your arguement that inbreeding is a problem irl like puppy mills doesnt add up w/ how you address mass breeding.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/5/2019 at 8:55 PM Post #35
Ah, okay, I only saw my name, so thought that it was all to me. (also very sick, so what I read may not make sense anyways)

Yeah, I don't really see a way around those issues, because players will find a loophole somewhere.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 2:26 PM Post #36
Had an idea, not sure how good it is.

One thing that most talks about economies have in common (and this is game economies, across sites) is they always talk about changing existing features or trying to make existing items valuable (or pets)

But what if, instead of trying to fix the economy by changing how the game works or things like that, introduce a new feature/mechanic to try to make it valuable.

This idea is coming from Howrse, which I tried for about 10 minutes, but would have stayed around if they had this. They have horses called Divines, or special horses, which have special properties and can only be collected at certain times (from what I read, most of them can't be collected unless you pay premium currency, which no...) However, when I looked at one divine, the collection process was intriguing and I wanted to start hunting.

However, instead of something like that, here is my 'Sylestian' Version.

There are special pets. I was envisioning more truly unique pets such as all new species, though I can understand that takes a while and might not be something Krin wants, so they could be brand new themes.

These pets would be collected in different ways and have different bonuses. They might not all be available all the time, but new players coming in years after they were released would always have a chance to get them (say they only return one day a year, and thus every year, players would have a chance to do the tasks required to obtain them.)

They also have different breeding rules. Most of the horses I saw couldn't breed at all, but I don't think that would be particularly popular here (though if they did other things, maybe these could be infertile pets), but some of them could breed once with another specific divine horse usually to produce another specific divine (there was one which could produce others of its own kind). Instead of that, perhaps have these pets on a VERY long cooldown, or only able to breed X times a year etc.. (yeah, very long cooldown but a bit more specific than a '6 month cooldown', more like Can only breed on anniversary of being captured etc..) This would keep them from being bred into oblivion like most themes are, and so any offspring they are able to have would be more valuable for much longer.

The divines also give bonuses. I don't know how those work because obviously I never owned a divine.

So (prepare for more long windedness ahead), here is how it would work on Sylestia.

1. Depending on how rare or exclusive the site wanted these pets, they can be obtained in a number of ways.

A. Lost Grove - When a pet is running around areas of the Lost Grove, they have chances to find a token. These can range from being in chests, found when fighting regular opponents (probably end up being the most common of the lost grove pets) to dropping very very rarely when fighting named bosses in various parts of the grove (most rare). Take 50-500 of these tokens to a new NPC (not found in the lost grove, but perhaps in the first area) and you can turn them in to recieve an exclusive pet.

B. Other areas - These would be more accessible to new players and thus not be as valuable, but the tokens to obtain them could be found in the two dungeons, and again turned in to the new NPC (which is why it needs to be in the first area)

C. Festivals - Perhaps while wandering the festival zone, or doing festival activities, users could either run into a special egg (very VERY rare chance) or tokens could drop.

D. Special days for the site - Anniversary could give users the chance to collect tokens for an egg and so on.

2. I won't say much about the breeding, because there isn't much to say, but keeping these pets low breeding would potentially allow their worth to remain higher.

3. Bonuses are things that I don't know if they would work on Sylestia or not. However, it would give these pets a reason to be more valuable, even if you didn't like the species or theme. I know I would be more likely to have a Nyte in my stables, if it gave me a bonus I really wanted. Also, some of these bonuses could be passive, or they could be things that have to be applied.

A. Breeding bonuses - This would perhaps be the most common type of bonus. There are a number of ways these could go, being specific specific, so that a qit special pet would give bonuses to qitaris etc.. They could also be passive, such as a qit upping the chances of visibles being inherited (for when you have two carried or a visible and nothing etc..), or active, such as a special gene set that could only be introduced by the bonus (a special type of wings that you would have to activate the bonus when breeding two qits together to have a chance to have it appear in offspring, no matter what was originally supposed to be in that slot)

B. Zone Bonuses - These could be passive, raising the chances of encountering specific types of things (not just lost grove, but all areas of the site) from enemies to items. These wouldn't be huge bonuses, such as 10% but smaller bonuses, that could perhaps be cumulative with other bonuses of the same type (so for instance I have 3 Lost Grove Spritely Branch Morrkos, each giving a .25 increase to find spritely branches, I would have a .75% increase in finding those branches).

C. Fest bonuses - Much like the zone bonuses, these would be bonuses to various activities in festival areas, such as a reduction in the amount of time it takes to sculpt a pet, to perhaps getting better items from fishing and including finding things while exploring the festvial zones.

D. Currency bonuses - These are the type that I would most love to see, but would probably be most game breaking. They would simply give out currency, diamonds, gold, scales etc.. at certain times or for certain activities.

I am sure there are other bonuses and other ways that could be viable for these pets. These pets could also be set apart by using the star system, with a different colored star (or stars) being used to indicate this status.

Basically in conclusion, while trying to get more pets out of the economy is always good, and something that should be done, it can only do so much to raise pet prices, especially since I wouldn't really want anything done on breeding end to limit pets coming in. So, introducing new pets that have different mechanics from the get go and are meant to remain more valuable than regular pets might help perk up the economy a bit, and it would also, in my opinion, be a fun thing to be able to go exploring the low level areas and have chances to find tokens to get a pretty pet, especially if you wanted the bonus as well.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/9/2019 at 11:06 PM Post #37
Not a bad idea.

I played on HOwrse logn enoug hthat I actually almost got a divine. Until i figured out others who playe dmore/longer couldn't even get them either so i gave up.

The divine horse bonuses worked as such:
The gave u extra items, currency, etc. If ou collected all ofa certain type you could get more bouses or aother divine. One or two gave u the hcange to et them if you interacted with them in certain ways too.

This is an interesting idea

Although a new species owouldn't realy work (see fabled species and rikkis for more details)
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 7:54 AM Post #38
Thank you for more information on the Divines, I was only going off what I read, and while I read about some of those, I didn't look too deeply into it once I found out the majority of them were unobtainable unless you got really lucky or paid real money for them.

I also wasn't sure about a new species, since I know it is a lot of work, but will have to look into fabled species and rikkis, because I wasn't here for their release, so know nothing about it.

*heads off to find out more*

My idea is that these special pets would always be available, not necessarily all year, but they wouldn't retire, so player would always have the chance to obtain at least one of them. Unlike Howrse in which most of them I think are pretty much unattainable.
Edited By Jemadar on 9/10/2019 at 7:59 AM.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 8:02 AM Post #39
Thinking about it, it might work better as themes then as new species, since you could get individual bonuses for species, and there are pretty much unlimited themes available to be used. (not quite unlimited but quite a few color combos with the ability to have 12 different colors I believe). It would give the opportunity to have quite a few special pets, at varying rarities, for players to collect, and have the ability to keep bringing out special pets throughout the game's life.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 9/10/2019 at 2:13 PM Post #40
I was just thinking about the overbreeding problem - what if there was a breeding deposit, flat rate to breed an egg, which then you could gain back some/all of by releasing the pet later? For instance,100g for commons, 1000 for fabled, something affordable but that would add up for people like me who breed a lot. That would both put a minimum value on pets and provide incentive to release even for those who don't play or care about lost grove, as well as slowing down the rampant 1-coin profit breeding without being totally insurmountable for those who breed a lot.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.