ohhhhhh

That's what u meant

ok I get it now :P
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 15
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 10:02 PM Post #72
Krinadon tried to do "breeding limits" on males and females. Something like first 10 breedings will be normal for females and afterwards it'd take from 3 days to a week to ten days. And males also had some times restrain as well. (I tried to find the forum but couldn't) It wasn't taken too well by the community and was never implemented though Krinadon was going to test it with the rikkis. So I don't think breeding limits will every be added.
AC9123
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 145
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 10:03 PM Post #73
Ah, okay :) Good to know. I haven't been around for a very long time, despite apparently having made an account a year before I actually started playing.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 10:12 PM Post #74
Here is the link. Scath posted it earlier in this thread.
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 10:34 PM Post #75
ty and also send to AC9123
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 10:37 PM Post #76
You're welcome.

I did, I think... I used the ping button, but hopefully I didn't mess it up by adding your name to the ping... (still new to this ping mechanic..)
Edited By Jemadar on 10/9/2019 at 10:38 PM.
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 10:38 PM Post #77
haha its fine and you did add mine but thanks cause I was looking for it
AC9123
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 145
Posted: 10/10/2019 at 9:50 PM Post #78
Thanks!
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/19/2019 at 7:13 PM Post #79
@Krin,

It is clear that the price of pets is a real issue and getting worse. There are many threads that pop up about it all the time (like this one).

These threads have many ideas for trying to fix the issue. Some have been tried (such as limiting breeding) and found to be unworkable or unpopular.

Yet I still think there are some good ideas that can really work.

My thoughts on the best ones I've seen:

1) A 1scale per pet "eco friendly" NPC that guides pets into the wild. Yes, this incentivises people to breed just to release, but since sending pets to the NPC takes more effort than clicking the nurture button, it shouldn't affect the scale economy too much...

2) Making a "release board" part of every festival...like the battle and nurture boards. There are some issues with this, namely some people hoarding massive amounts of pets just for the fests...but it does eliminate low priced pets for a while!

***An option for both 1 & 2 would be to restrict qualifying releases to 42 days+ **** Doing this reduces the incentive to breed just for the reward, if thats an issue.

I agree its still a bit clunky, but it is better than hoards of 1g pets, and the lost grove incentives aren't enough for some ppl. Adding either of these two incentives shouldn't make too many waves (particularly suggestion 1).

3) Paying for hatchery space...If hatchery tabs cost as much as stable tabs...then only serious breeders that take it into account would breed on a massive scale... (Then again, it penalises large breeders while still potentially allowing a lot of pets from newbies..so the specific details of how its implemented would make all the difference to its success!)

4) I personally like the idea of a selling price floor (say 5-10k gold) or a "selling fee" of a similar amount. It really does make a difference to the price economy with sites that do this!! In Sylestia though, there is a big issue with people using 1g "sales" to gift to each other... Maybe there could be a "free gift to player ID" button with a price floor publicly?

Anyway, these 4 suggestions are ones that I think would help the most. I know you are busy with the wardrobe update & with the fall festival... but any sort of check in that you have considered these things and/or are making serious plans to fix the Sylestia economy would go a long way with a lot of us...
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/19/2019 at 10:24 PM Post #80
Thank you all for the feedback on this issue, both here and elsewhere throughout the SIte as time has gone on. It has not been ignored!

This has been an issue very brightly on our radar for a very long time. Unfortunately, any solutions keep getting pushed back in lieu of other projects.

I have been evaluating where Sylestia goes from here - specifically, the direction it begins to take over the next 4-6 months - and this is one of the driving factors that will determine that answer.

While I would love to wait for major changes until I can sit down in a nice cozy environment and rebuild Sylestia's framework from scratch over however long of a period it takes to do that, it's unfortunately looking like that is becoming less and less of a realistic possibility.

With that realization in mind, I have shifted thinking more into, "Okay, what path can I take to reach the same goal, but one step at a time instead of one giant leap across the entire ocean?" So I am headed more into the direction of content updates such as the new Wardrobe. Massive feature overhauls with (nearly) zero interruption to day to day play.

If I follow that path, it's pretty obvious what's next on the plate: Breeding Grounds and Hatcheries.

To specifically answer what you're probably wondering, the two biggest things I have been contemplating and am leaning towards doing at this point are:

#1) A charged cost to breed any and all pets. This cost would vary depending on species/rarity/themed/stats/etc/etc. I am not saying all things would influence it and I don't know which would influence more than others. But it'd basically be considered a... "This pet is more fancy than that pet and so it requires a lot more attention during its Eggling/Hatchling stages. And that extra attention results in this price."

This would significantly reduce mass breeding just to breed as well as adding in a baseline price for any bred pet that would most likely settle quite a bit higher than 1 Gold.

Again, I don't know what the actual price guidelines would be or the actual Gold values involved, but it'd probably be in the range of a hundred(s) Gold to thousands of Gold for your ultra special pets.

#2) Simply turning Hatcheries into just additional Stables of some sort. You get so much space at the start of the game for free. You get so much additional space per Stable (and/or Tab) purchased. And you can directly buy additional space.

Again, specific pricing and such, I don't know at this point in time.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.