Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Sylestia Economy
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 15
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 6:35 PM Post #21
I agree with the need for a mass release button. I'm very lazy when it comes to managing my hatchery so I just leave the pets I need "un-named" so they can be auto-released but that has caused multiple problems(I accidentally released a 2-vis themed once). Though this would help a lot with making releasing easier and it helps organize stables and hatcheries.

I disagree with mass-pricing because it might just make the economy worse if people can just max sell pets they don't need for <1000g. Some people may not be mass-selling because they're too lazy but if they're given the option to mass-sell then the systems will fall apart completely.
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 6:42 PM Post #22
If the items that people got were very common with releasing then the prices of the items would go down and people would just go back to selling pets for <1000g so I wouldn't fully support that but I do support an awards system.

I agree with your last point. I've always been pretty upset that themed pets aren't worth much. I've bought lots of 1g themes in this fest alone. I don't mind dishwater pets being sold at 1g and stuff but the economy is bad because the prices of themes and restrictive traits are super low, especially when they're overbred. I'd like to see more themes and personal projects in the 100k gold range unlike right now.

I know in Lioden they have an NPC that'll take your useless cubs and you can get money or other things(can't quite remember since I haven't played in months) but it was very helpful and the economy there is very healthy and Lions with certain traits are actually worth a lot unlike some(though I'd say most) restrictive traited pets on here.

(sorry about slow reply, didn't check this forum for a while :/ )
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 6:43 PM Post #23
haha I totally agree and then they feel sad and quit the game, it's no wonder why most people who sign up quit plus the active population on this game is pretty low
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 6:52 PM Post #24
making imbreeding a bad thing is going to hurt project breeding so much more than mass breeding.

the 'puppy mill' argument makes zero sense. puppy mills mass-breed as many dogs as possible without caring about health, behavior, looks, ect and sell for low prices. does this sounds like what mass breeders on sylestia do?
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 6:55 PM Post #25
The problem with limiting breeding is that you will then hit the six vis and max stat breeders. They might have a pair that will give max stat/six vis babies, and suddenly they can only produce 25 of them, period. Which means they have to breed another pair, or another female.

This would also likely introduce another class of pets: 1g 'useless' pets, because they can't be used for breeding any more so players would just toss them up on the AS for cheap.

As for the item rewards, I have always been of the opinion that sites need to have a range of prices available. There needs to be very cheap items that, especially, new players can come and easily get and feel accomplished. Middle range cost items that take a little while to obtain, and then the long term high priced goals that require dedication to get.

So, I am not that afraid of some items (especially if they are all consumable and useful) trending cheaper, as long as all items don't crash in price.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 7:07 PM Post #26
That's why I suggested only a "setting" thingy that would let you keep breeding if you turn it off. At least you'll be aware....to some extent lol.

A tutorial or somewhere would be great too
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 7:14 PM Post #27
I was mainly talking about a hard limit to breeding, such as the proposed 100 for male 25 for female.

I have never played a site with that sort of mechanics, but from what other people have said, those that do have such mechanics tend to have a ton of pets be dirt cheap because they are now useless and the players want to get rid of them.

As said before, I am not a fan of limiting breeding (in any way other than how it currently is) but something that could be removed wouldn't be bad. I just prefer to try to get more pets out of the system than limit how many come in.

Especially for games like Sylestia where you could breed hundreds of pets and still not get what you wanted.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 9:55 PM Post #28
I'm not really interested into getting into a political argument over it, tbh. It's a game.... It does make me wince a bit when breeders breed the same pets over a hundred times, even though they're just pixels, and inbred over 40% or so also makes me twitch...but most domestic species have a bit of inbreeding as that's how you get a specific trait to carry over (just like Sylestia!)--too much and you have deformities and health issues. I feel like that's realistic and adds to the challenge of establishing a breed, but, well, it's a shame breeding projects already take so much time and money and give none back. (To be fair, that's true for real breeding too--when done properly.)

I didn't think of the issue of people abandoning pets once they've used up all their breeding chances; that would be kind of icky. Maybe you just couldn't sell them then? I dunno.

Again, I'm a bit iffy on limiting breeding in any way because it's so punishing to something that's already pretty hard. Those two ideas have been kicking around in the back of my head for a bit, and were brainstorms.

It occurs to me from another angle... To me, as someone who doesn't peruse the forums, I don't really "see" the project pets. There's no real selling platform for them but word of mouth or a one-in-a-million chance of coming across them through nurturing or the search function or the like. So being able to expand your audience through some sort of advertisement or another mini-game may be the best help, that doesn't penalize anyone (except poor Krinadon who would have to code it :) ).
Edited By Aizar on 9/4/2019 at 10:00 PM.
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:03 PM Post #29
anyway i dont think breeding limits (of any sort, inc # of breedings and inbred ) are going to help the economy problem. but really its hard to fix it at all esp bc most ppl are used to how it is now.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:11 PM Post #30
Yeah i think we can afford to sacrifice Krin a little, actually i wonuldn't mind cutting out stuff in a fest just to get some major stuff out. As it is 4 months of the year are devoted to major fests, another 2-ish devoted to side fests. It's fest nonstop at this point.

But i got off point again. ANyways, we need a lot of revamped stuff. Wardrobe. Releasing system. Economy.

So...uh...add this to the mile-long list of "must dos"?

(argh krin please dont ban me i was joookkkiinnngggg)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.