Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Sylestia Economy
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/15/2019 at 12:11 PM Post #51
I never realized you could get AP by nurturing (never noticed it going up when I nurture) Thanks.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/15/2019 at 12:19 PM Post #52
Dunno if its accurate though but it should be *shrug*
Rottiegirl
Level 74
The Tender
Threads: 34
Posted: 9/15/2019 at 1:02 PM Post #53
There should also be a limit for how many pets you can get
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 15
Posted: 9/17/2019 at 4:42 PM Post #54
ty Orca, just looked at the wiki
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 15
Posted: 9/17/2019 at 4:42 PM Post #55
like per day? I'd say 5
Rottiegirl
Level 74
The Tender
Threads: 34
Posted: 9/18/2019 at 9:18 PM Post #56
I think you could only get 5 pets per day, as well as only drop off 5 per day
Edited By Rottiegirl on 9/18/2019 at 9:19 PM.
Bluejellybeans
Level 65
Cutely Creative
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/22/2019 at 4:09 AM Post #57
Not sure if anyone else on the thread has said this, but perhaps pets should have a limited amount of times you can breed them, or make it so the chance of an egg goes down every time? This could be added on top of other suggestions to make the economy so much more stable.

Edit: Read through the thread a bit more, and i just wanted to add on my "less chance the more you breed" option. Say you have a male and a female max stat, and you want to breed them but you feel limited by the chance of an eggling dropping each time, maybe there can be a philter that can be used on the female that makes the chance drop significantly less (say it drops by 3% each breed, this philter makes it drop by .1% instead.)
Make sure the philter isn't easy to obtain, but not outrageously hard, perhaps you can buy it for 3000 scales or win it in pick a door or forum games?
Im no expert on economy, i just felt like weighing in.
Edited By Bluejellybeans on 9/22/2019 at 4:25 AM.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/22/2019 at 9:13 AM Post #58
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=80202&page=6#57
Author: Bluejellybeans
Time Posted: 9/22/2019 at 4:09 AM
Not sure if anyone else on the thread has said this, but perhaps pets should have a limited amount of times you can breed them, or make it so the chance of an egg goes down every time? This could be added on top of other suggestions to make the economy so much more stable.

Edit: Read through the thread a bit more, and i just wanted to add on my "less chance the more you breed" option. Say you have a male and a female max stat, and you want to breed them but you feel limited by the chance of an eggling dropping each time, maybe there can be a philter that can be used on the female that makes the chance drop significantly less (say it drops by 3% each breed, this philter makes it drop by .1% instead.)
Make sure the philter isn't easy to obtain, but not outrageously hard, perhaps you can buy it for 3000 scales or win it in pick a door or forum games?
Im no expert on economy, i just felt like weighing in.

I feel this would still only shift the problem from newly hatched pets being cheap as dirt, to older pets who either have no breedings left or their chances of producing an egg are so low that it isn't worth it to keep them.

Those pets would then simply be dumped into the AS, especially if they could get at least a few gold for them, as releasing brings nothing, and as stated, not everyone cares about the chances of finding a lost grove egg.

I feel this would also hurt max stat and 6 vis breeders the most. it takes a long time to get to max stat and full vis, so I assume they often have dedicated pairs (from my brief perusal of max stat threads to buy some, that seems to be the case), and so they would suddenly have to pay out 3000 scales or hope to win one somewhere (or buy it off the broker) which eats into their profits. then when they are no longer reliably getting an egg from that pair, they now have to breed another pair to replace them. That cuts into not only profit, but also time, as they have to recreate the pair, and they might not always have the resources available to do so.

It would probably also hurt players looking to breed for full vis. I understand that one of the popular methods is to have one male breeding with several females. That male would soon run out of chances (or go so low that it isn't worth it to keep him), requiring the breeder find another male (and if it is not the beginning stage of the project but a middle or close to end stage it could be near impossible to find a replacement), which might not always be easy (nor would it necessarily be easy to find a female with the specific trait(s) the breeder is looking for to turn into a male)

This is why I don't like the idea (on any pet site, not just this one) of pets eventually running out of breedings, as to me, it makes those pets ultimately worthless, because you are always going to have to replace them, and if you spent time and money on getting that pet the way you want it, in order to breed it, then it would at least make me much less likely to try to do a project and make me not want to put much effort into obtaining the pets I want. Even if I don't think I am going to breed that pet, I would always like the option to be able to do so, because I can and often do change my mind.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 9/23/2019 at 7:11 AM Post #59
something akin to that was briefly tested with ferrikki but quickly removed due to the outcry from the dedicated breeders.
The thing is, I feel like the people most likely to be breeding a single pet many, many times (aside from Stud pets, who obviously... are stud pets.) are exactly those people. The dedicated breeders. Who generally release their failed offspring rather than selling them for 10g.

There are people who have been breeding for Super Max pets from single Legendary Grove studs that take literally hundreds of offspring from that pet before they throw something with high enough stats that philters/nurtures can cover the last of the distance to Super Max.

Sometimes it just takes Ages for a pair to throw what a breeder needs- it took 32 failed offspring before one of my pairs threw me a pet that was at least 4V2c (and that was without us being after a very specific set of traits)- that was over 100 days from the first failed offspring to the success being laid.
If there was a +3% chance of failure to have an egg each time, it would have been a nearly 100% chance of failure by the time the success was finally born (32x3 = 96, 33x3 = 99) and would have added who even knows how long it would have taken.

My personal thought has always been something like, maybe limited hatchery space, maybe starting with access to 1 or 2 pages for a new-as-new-can-be newbie, then unlocking more as you progress.
Maybe using AP in the same way that Stablehand function does (where as soon as you pass 10k you unlock it forever, maybe in tiers, 1k>5k>10k>etc.), or just making more purchasable with AP (cheaper than the stables by a long way, maybe 1k per page? 5k? (maybe a temporary one, like, you get that page for a month, and then as pets leave it the slots lock until it's empty, but you can unlock it again the same way, and you can buy several at once?), but it would still give another use for AP, which currently has extremely limited use)

Something like that might help put a restriction on completely random breeding while still allowing for it, while still allowing project breeders to breed a lot (since once you're breeding that much you probably have enough AP to deal with it?)

I dunno, I'm just throwing an idea at a wall (and trying to drown out the memories of people with over 300 pages of what look like completely random breedings in their hatchery)
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/23/2019 at 11:53 AM Post #60
Just wanted to say thank you for your perspective and the interesting reading (still not finished with it yet). I am not a breeder (yet, I have several projects I *want* to do, but none that are off the ground yet), so could only speculate on how it would go.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.