Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Sylestia Economy
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/30/2019 at 12:20 AM Post #11
I also play flight rising(I just love pet games and dragons XD) and the economy isn't too bad there compared to here because the breeding cool downs are so much longer and people can't go around breeding with other people's dragons and there's a very limited hatchery space with a possibility of only getting 1 egg. I for one dont breed much on there and exalting is a good way to get a bit of gold or if you're running out of space(me lol).

I fully agree that the game needs to do more to encourage players to release. Avatar items would be fantastic as they don't hurt the value breeding items. But I think that devaluing breeding items to add value to projects and pets is worth it because you can't buy dyes from diamond shop but you can buy essence. This means that if pet value increases, more people would make personal projects and that would mean more essence purchased. And that helps that game since diamonds would be needed more.

An item that would be a good prize for releasing pets would be genetic scanners like you said. People who are in to big breeding projects, have probably already bought the unlimited genetic scanner(like me) But people who might be interested in becoming a breeder could collect genetic scanners until they save up for unlimited genetic scanners. And breeders can sell genetic scanners since they'll release a lot. There's people providing free genetic scanner services so dropping the genetic scanner's value won't be a huge deal.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 8/30/2019 at 12:23 PM Post #12
Yeah, though I often see people complaining about the economy of dragons and occasionally trying to figure out some way to make them more valuable. Often it is the same way: do something to prevent players from breeding. While that might help, I feel that those are often things that need to be in place when a pet site starts rather than something added after players have gotten used to unlimited breeding (or however the breeding system works on that site). That is why I often try to figure out ways to get the pets out of the economy.

Yeah, I figure that the genetic scanners would have limited appeal, as once players get more active in the game itself, if they are interested in breeding, they will likely get the permanent one. I know I am working towards it.

That is why I feel that multiple items would be good, and not all the same rarity. I don't know the 'market' for most of these items because I tend to be the type that would prefer to earn my own, rather than buy off other players (just a quirk of mine, I will buy if I figure out that it is cheaper/I really want the item NOW), so I wouldn't really know which ones are best.

I was thinking something like this:

10 releases would put you in the running to get a specific pool of items. Say Item A - C. each release after 10 would up the chances of getting one of these items.

After 30 releases, you are in the running for Pool of Items D - F.

After 75 Releases you are in the running for Pool of Items G - J

and so on. The numbers of course would be reworked to make it so that the items in those pools aren't devalued, and there could either be a point where you are guaranteed an item from a specific pool (after say 50 releases you are guaranteed an item from Pool A-C) or it could stop so you are never guaranteed an item if RNG hates you.

After you get the item, the chances reset, so once you get an item from Pool A-C, you won't have a chance to get another one until you again release 10 pets, and then you have a 50/50 chance.

Maybe during events that dont' have releasing components to them (or even ones that do), event items could be added (so like this event, sun tokens, various summer beach supplies and the like could drop randomly from releasing).

The goal would be to keep players continually releasing rather than mass releasing only when an event is on, or when they run out of room or at 42 days of age. (there could be a limit where the pet HAS to be at least an adolescent to prevent players from breeding with everything and releasing every single egg, or the pets have to have the adult image etc.., if that is a concern for some people)

The pool of items could periodically change as well, and perhaps, though this might not be a good idea, as I don't know the deal with retired items and pets, for VERY high releasers (say 10K or more) an eggling of a retired theme could drop, I know if I oculd get some of the retired themes I would be tossing pets back into the wilds right and left :D Same thing with retired items.

Personally I would like to see something like this done first, and then if that doesn't seem to help in the long run, I would start looking at putting limits on breeding and/or hatchery space.

(also, the mass release button would be great, as long as there were safeguards in place to prevent it from being a 'my mouse misclicked! I just lost an entire stable!' type deal ;) )
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Posted: 8/30/2019 at 2:10 PM Post #13
I saw an idea for an NPC to buy your un-needed pets. I'd say sell pets for scales to an NPC and then you can buy stuff in the scale market. There can also be scale shop exclusive avatar items that can cost thousands of scales. This also would be good for big breeders who may need lesser dyes. And if 1pet=1scale, it would still make dyes valuable because no one is releasing 1k pets regularly. But it also gives more reward compared to mass selling pets for 1g. This would still make nurturing important but it'd also make releasing pets more appealing.

I would understand if Krinadon doesn't want to make new items just for this though your idea is quite unique and would work well so I'd offer that^ as an alternative. Though the themed egg dropping after like 10k releases would be a great idea! That would encourage people to release while not damaging the value of themes since it'll take a while to release 10k pets.

But good dragons with traits that people want in flight rising cost a lot. I've bought 50-100 diamond dragons just because they were pretty > < I get most of my gold and diamonds from making art because it's so hard to get gold and diamonds on fr(I do 100d/100kg for 1 colored headshot).

I'd use mass release buttons for hatchery...because that's where most of the useless breeding project pets are. I like to name everything so I can see what I want and don't want, and then I go in and release them individually. The reason why I turned off the "release all un-named" thing is because that system caused me to accidentally release a 2vis exclusive and many other pets that I bought and wanted to keep un-named until I thought of a good name.
I know that after people finish projects, they need space for a new one so they go in and release all the old useless project pets which could be quite annoying so I think that would be a nice feature for stables and I also agree that it might lead to releasing a pet unintentionally but there's always the "claiming" system for 50d.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 8/30/2019 at 2:24 PM Post #14
An NPC to buy unwanted pets would be interesting, I haven't really thought of it (my first thought in things isn't usually to bring in an NPC but rather use existing mechanics) so don't really know how I feel about it.

As an alternate way to get scales, it would be nice, nurturing is good, but it can take a while, especially when you are constantly interrupted, and if you accidentally click on the wrong button, you miss out on that scale.

I sort of wish that there were some other players who could/would chime in on what items might be good as rewards for releasing, as I don't know much about the sylestian economy. I do know that many things seem to be very expensive (and I understand why, this is just a 'new player's' perspective), but I have seen older players say that there are a great many items that trend towards 1K and under (though those may all/mostly be avatar items, which you only really need one copy of.)

But yeah, I agree that it would be nice to see at least *some* pets, especially themed, get a boost, I personally wouldn't want ALL pets to trend more expensive (and by expensive I mean towards the 100K price range), as I do like the ability to go and buy pretty pets when I want, without bankrupting me (and for me pretty are nice colors and traits, not necessarily six vis, or max stat, or even themed), and I like that newer players have that opportunity as well.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 10:26 AM Post #15
amusing to see incentives to release pets. tbh I would pay gold to mass release pets lol. It's cumbersome to release pets, click the pet -> click the release button -> popup box -> copy the name -> paste the name -> click enter. 6 clicks per pet, wow.

Lots of ways to make it easier. As is, my stables feel like they're rotting.
Mass-pricing, breeding, etc. would also be great.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 9/3/2019 at 11:56 AM Post #16
I haven't had time to read every post here, but I'll just say I'm not really a fan of limiting breeding. I'm not a project breeder; I breed to see what kind of weird and wacky combos I can get from my favorite pets. If I was penalized for how much I breed, I wouldn't really be able to do this and there would go a large portion of enjoyment I have for this game. I tend to put pets I don't want to keep up for sale until they reach 42 days, then release them myself. I sell maybe two of those a month, out of a batch of 100+, for maybe 100 gold each. I've just accepted breeding doesn't make money, and I'm fine with that, because I don't breed to make money. I do it because it's fun and silly to get dishwater pets and the occasional "holy cow that one came out really nice". I haven't bothered with max stats because you pretty much need to buy philters and I just don't have the interest or time for that when you can get much the same benefit grinding gear and levels or figuring out different battle strats.

Anyway. I think one of the original ideas of having NPC buyers or NPC auctions would help.

I think a kind of pet voting system would help boost the popularity of non-themeds. It'd serve as advertising and promotion of new ideas, and it'd be a way for folks new to the breeding game to get a foot in the door. You might have to put in tiers, like people who have already won a contest could then only compete with others who have won a contest, or something.

Another idea I have kicking around that would go back on my opinion on limiting breeding--instead of limiting, say, the time in between breedings or number of hatchery slots, maybe give each pet a hard cap of can only breed 25 times for a female and 100 times for a male over their entire lifetime (or something. A higher cap for males because that's kind of realistic and also reflects that some breeders will have a male breed with several females at once.)

Turning the inbred percentage into something more than cosmetic might help too, in that it would encourage people to diversify rather than just hit up the same breeders over and over, but I could also see it hamstringing projects, so I'm torn. I would like it to matter, very much, because inbreeding is a huge IRL problem (puppy mills...) that I'd like to see it treated with some respect in Sylestia too, but...how to make it fair from a game mechanics perspective?
Edited By Aizar on 9/3/2019 at 11:56 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/3/2019 at 4:49 PM Post #17
My idea isn't really a penalty, it's more of a check on how much you breed. Like just cuz there could be a lock doesn't mean you have to keep the lock, you can tur it off if you want to. It just makes it so newbies dont breed worthless stuff and then think "ooh I can make a few coins off this!" Wihout realizing that those pets will just get released or something.

Penalizing for breeding if u know what you're doing isn't one of my points bt might be someone else's but I agree you shouldn't be penalized if you know what you're doing and youre not gonna underpriced or somehing.
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=80202&page=1#5
Author: Orcastration
Time Posted: 8/29/2019 at 7:29 PM
Another addition of suport (or at least of Orca trying to type out her thoughts with fins):

Even though the Releasers are constantly releasing (I hope-it's a bit of a pain on mobile though) it's pretty hard to sell off stuff nowadays. (I personallly feel there should be like a giant mass release or something done in the system that releases any pets fo sale that are a certain price or below or something but then again that raises problems of players who sell to other players but don't use player ids and stuff)

Anyways...

It would be nice if there was a mass release button (which would make releasing more desireable), which i know have been asked for in this forum before. Or-well, basically more things in place to keep the economony profitable for newer players who don't have stat pets or cool themes.

And maybe there could be a limit on how much newbies can breed, at least for a few days or so until they fully understand how Sylestia economy works. Many newbies i have mentored say that onc ethey get their second or third pet they're excited to breed and sell and then they get realy disappointed when their "amazing" pet looks like scratch compared to say, those of a player that's lived through several fests. And that takes the fun out of breeding.

Or maybe like a settings button that toggles hatchery space limits. Like it starts out giving you one page of hatchery space and then after a few days or weeks you can toggle it so that you could breed inifinitely or something. Or only with as much space as you have in your stables. That way newbies dont go crazy breeding useless stuff, experienced project makers/stat breeders can breed as much as they need, and the rest of us....don't go crazy?

Anyways, at any rate, there should at least be a small tutorial on Sylestia economy in the tutorial. Not every newbie heads for the forums first things off and by the time they do, it's too late.

(Whoops. My TedTalk has become a suggestion line. Yay. Um....><> <>< thanks for coming i guess?)
Edited By Orca2Whale on 9/3/2019 at 4:50 PM.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 9/3/2019 at 8:20 PM Post #18
Huh. Maybe a kind of tutorial or "prove yourself" quest to turn off the lock? That could then serve as a vehicle of teaching the new person some good breeding practices before setting them loose.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/3/2019 at 8:48 PM Post #19
True.

Bewbies: Hmm, I bet (beautiful themed rare pet) is worth around 1k, that's already a lot!"

(Two days later)

"Huh, why was it released??????"

Me: whoopsies
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 6:31 PM Post #20
Inbreeding factors and breeding cap will be a huge blow to breeders(since most projects are like >20% inbred) but I do like the voting and promoting idea. It'd help raise attention on non-themed projects. I'd say instead of limiting breeding, the game should try to award players and encourage them to release instead of making a huge economy of cheap pets. I'd hate for breeding to get limited since projects are pretty hard to complete as it is(with the 30-day maturity thing).
But if the inbreeding factors were put in I do think it would be very effective though it would also make many players angry so I don't think the game will ever put in a feature like that.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.