Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Sylestia Economy
Page 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 11:37 PM Post #91
I'd say, the idea of putting a cost on breeding pets that have better stats/traits/species/ect. might need some work? Namely if it would be a price that increased based on those factors.

Newbies are just as likely to be one-off breeding common/uncommon/rare rarity wild pets, dishwasher 6v pets that they bought cheap, or pets that are actually worth something (honestly, a higher price on breeding good pets might also scare some newbies away from it? I dunno.)

Dedicated project breeders are more likely to be breeding the higher stat, higher trait, generally higher-rairty pets, and take multiple generations and often a lot of failed hatches (and the wondering if you'd be able to sell any after) (or if you were just breeding them for yourself, as an entirely personal project and not really expecting to make gold from it.) Which would possibly mean an increasingly exponential cost for no returns outside of finally achieving the very final product, entirely outside the cost of the base materials needed to achieve the goal?

So theoretically, it would work to raise the prices, since you wouldn't be breeding high-vis pets to just sell for 1 or 100 or 1000g if it cost you 5k to breed it, but depending on how it worked it could potentially hurt a newbie's willingness to really get into breeding/breed good stuff over common wild-caught no-worth pets?
Though the extra strain on a more established player who knows how missions work would definitely be less of an issue, but still, a long-term 6v or max-stat PB project could really get up there in overall cost.
I dunno, this is jsut me throwing some nonsense thoughts at the wall here.

Some thoughts:
> baseline selling prices? Maybe running on that same "price based on species/trait/stats" thing?
Baseline selling price has been put forth by multiple people here already, I think? But it might mean perhaps it would keep prices up
(of course, this promptly brings up the issue that the only way to 'gift' pets to people at the current time is pricing them at 1g, but maybe 'can sell for 1g only if there is a player id' would be a viable thing?)

> I went over it in my first post here, but limiting hatchery space, maybe starting new people off with one page, with an extra space unlocked via AP advancement ala. stablehand function, and/or buyable for ap/gold/diamonds (with the bought ones possibly being temporary 'rental' space that you only have unlocked for a certain amount of time)

> Re-inclusion of pet release boards, not just in spring fest but for all fests (especially since the nurture boards often incite people to mass-breed- release board might help balance out the sudden increase in babies by clearing out some of the older pets)
> or some... between-fests release board contest to help clear out those selfsame babies bred for the contests?

> Activities like the patriotic event this year, which gave players an extra incentive to release (cheap pets were just vanishing quick as anything)

> Following through with the idea of an NPC who will 'buy' pets somehow? Or with the ideas people have put forth about NPCs who set 'release goals' for rewards? (such as scales, or, with the projected changes to AP/intention to bring in an 'AP shop', AP could become a viable prize)
Royal
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 15
Posted: 12/17/2019 at 6:30 PM Post #92
Wow the responses are incredible :O Even Krinadon!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.