Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:24 PM Post #41
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=3#21
Author: Dragonfly99095
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 10:19 AM
Do purebred/themed luporas lose their purebred/themed icon after you regenerate them?

Themed, no. You can't Re-Gen their colors.

Purebred... Hm. That's going to be a problem. I'll have to spend some time figuring out how that's going to work lol.
Edited By Krinadon on 10/20/2018 at 3:24 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:35 PM Post #42
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=4#37
Author: Daylightapparitions
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 2:49 PM
Hi, I have two questions:

1) What does re-generation mean, how do we do it, and do we have to do it?

2) How do I participate in festivals? I joined while I could still go to the Summer Festival, but it was grayed out.

When we Revamp a species like this and things change, we allow players to re-allocate Traits and Colors due to significant changes or the original combination just literally isn't possible anymore.

If a pet is able to be Re-Generated, the owner has a link they can click on their profile page to access a special Generator page and re-select whatever the pet is eligible to have re-selected.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:54 PM Post #43
Alright, so I see the concerns w/ the lack of Re-Gen stuff. So I'd like to just specifically ask everyone about it.

Just to reiterate, ALL Lupora will be affected with the following no matter what:

-AC1 will be changed to current EC, as it's generally the current gene accent color used.
-AC2 will be changed to current C3, as it's generally the current mutation accent color used.
-C3 will be changed to current C2, as it's the new mane color that C2 currently is.

-C2 (new stomach color), AC1, and AC2 will all be Re-Gen'able for every single Lupora.

And then, if any Traits are affected - which is 150,000 Lupora atm, the affected Trait Slots will be able to have their colors re-allocated.

So the majority of Lupora will have at least 5 color slots Re-Gen'able. The color slots that won't be Re-Gen'able are ones that won't really be changing at all.

Now, all that said, please provide direct feedback on what you'd prefer. I am very against initiating Full Trait and Color Re-Generations as it's happened in the past because it would end up being about 200,000 out of the 250,000 Lupora eligible for that and I'm not willing to do that. It may seem like a good thing, but it would destroy the Lupora value long term.

Now, full color Re-Generations, I am a lot more flexible with. But are you guys wanting 150-200k full color Re-Generations? Or are you wanting specific types of pets? Or specific situations?

Also, since it was brought up and I hadn't previously thought about it, what do you want me to do with Purebreds? So, as a reminder, with Themed, they are never able to have colors Re-Gen'd. If the Themed got changed and needs adjusting - I go ahead and do that. So for all Lupora Themed, I will be doing the following:

-AC1 will be set to current EC.
-AC2 will be set to current C3.
-C3 will be set to current C2.

-C2, AC1, AC2, and potentially more colors will be re-selected for all Themed. Players will then have the choice for updating their Themed to these new selections or keeping their pets as is.

So with that in mind, how should I go about adjusting Purebreds?

So - yea. All that. =P Please provide your feedback on what you guys want to see and then I'll brainstorm how I can best address all of those wants and concerns.
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:02 PM Post #44
So, personally, I don't have much of an opinion on the regens, since most of my lupora are low-trait themeds. However, just as a breeder, I know that what we establish for purebreds rn may impact other future regens.

My understanding is, purebreds tend to have value primarily bc they carry over the same color schemes and titles (well, not same titles, but you know what I mean) of the original themed parents/ancestors. So, wouldn't purebreds loose their worth if they were recolored in regens? The only way you'd know that they were purebreds at all would be through title. And honestly, it messes up potential future bloodlines and breedings. So perhaps treating them like themeds would be best? Unable to change colors on them? Is that possible?
Edited By Silverraven on 10/20/2018 at 4:03 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:04 PM Post #45
If it comes down to one or the other, I'd rather have color regens. Full trait regens would be nice too... but I understand why you'd hesitate to give them. Full color regens are more important, I think. Even if it's not on all the pets... maybe like if they have more than one trait that moves, they can get color regens...? I don't know.

Purebreds... I dunno. It'd be kinda fun to have off-color PBs like on other regen species :P but no strong feelings about whether they're color-locked like proper themes or not.
Edited By Somneli on 10/20/2018 at 4:04 PM.
GhostPirate
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:05 PM Post #46
I agree with Som on this one.

I'd love a full trait and full color regen for my 6vis project, but full color is better since there is an alternate 3vis version of said 6vis design.
Edited By GhostPirate on 10/20/2018 at 4:07 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:12 PM Post #47
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=5#44
Author: Quetzaloe
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:02 PM
So, personally, I don't have much of an opinion on the regens, since most of my lupora are low-trait themeds. However, just as a breeder, I know that what we establish for purebreds rn may impact other future regens.

My understanding is, purebreds tend to have value primarily bc they carry over the same color schemes and titles (well, not same titles, but you know what I mean) of the original themed parents/ancestors. So, wouldn't purebreds loose their worth if they were recolored in regens? The only way you'd know that they were purebreds at all would be through title. And honestly, it messes up potential future bloodlines and breedings. So perhaps treating them like themeds would be best? Unable to change colors on them? Is that possible?

So the issue with Purebreds atm is that... they are far from all the same. They have different parents and different color swings and all that.

Then, let's say I then change a Themed (which, technically, they all will be). Players will have the choice for their Themed whether to keep the default color sets or update to the new. Well, how would that affect Purebreds?

Literally, the only solution I have atm is to do the exact same for each Purebred. Auto update them just like their Themed was updated and then give players the choice to keep them as they are or update to the new colors for each pet. I can't really see how it could work any other way.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:13 PM Post #48
I feel that for the purebred the same rules as the themed should apply, it would make the most sense and keep the PBs within their theme, Silverraven put it best I believe, part of what makes them so special is that they carry the title, and color of the original theme over so that should be preserved.

As for the full color regen I think that would be best since I can understand the hesitation towards a full trait regen. But the full color regen for all pets who need to have a trait or two regened anyway would be best, I don't have a specific preference towards the situation just so long as I do get to re-color some of my lupora, especially those with 2-5 traits regened.

EDIT: saw your reply to about the purebreds, and I can see why that would be difficult, I suppose what you suggested would be best, it;s either that or you just don't update the purebreds like the themed, and if you do end up updating the themed update the purebreds and maybe leave it open for a bit of color swing to get a similar effect for usual pbs?
Edited By Grapejuice on 10/20/2018 at 4:17 PM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:22 PM Post #49
for me pure breeds are themed and should folow the same line as the there tagged parents (or further back gread gread grantparents like things) if people want to be abel to re-color there pure breed offspring so they can use it for other things without having to use pet dyes fine with me. as long as they will have the same option as the tagged of the themed to automaticly ajust there colors to the new/ adepted colors so they fit beter with the way the new design and traits work.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:41 PM Post #50
Personally, for me, as I don't even have a set projct in place right now, and thank heavens I don't, but I do have 4,5,6v lups I really wanted to play around with both with colors/traits. But traits aren't a huge thing. The colors are, as I really have fun coming up with combinations on those regen pets, of any species.

So that said, non-themed of course, (including offspring), wild pets, those that had essences used, I would like to see colors be able to be changed for most, if not all of those. If not possible, totally understand, but thats where I feel best comfortable with.

Adjusting purebreds, I think, they could be left as is. There are reasons players breed purebreds, especially if they are colors they like, and are working on a specific project.

And really, please do give my thanks to the artists, I really really love the new lups. 100x's more than the originals. But, reminds me, I need to go save the old lupora picture lol.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.