Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Revamp Plan
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Saramythmaster
Level 64
Trickster
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 11:48 AM Post #31
Wow, these lup's look marvelous! Krin, great work!!
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 12:08 PM Post #32
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=3#24
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 11:08 AM
So no full color regens? Ouch. With pet dyes still floating around 75-125k each I'm going to be booting 99% of Lupes with this one...

Krin, can we eventually get something like an exceptional pet dye that changes all of a pet's colors or something..? I don't think you understand the color struggle here...

Dying projects currently takes about 1-2 million gold worth of dyes PER PET - pet dyes being 75-125k on average and a full redye now requiring 10, up to 12 slots to dye, and dyes having a major margin of error where most dyes fail to get close enough to the desired result. My failure rate is 66%, 2 in 3 pet dyes not being near close enough for my projects which means important slots often take 3 or more dyes to pull off within a reasonable range. This means it takes well over 2 million for A PROJECT PAIR - usually requiring 3-4 mil in my experience of having to throw dye after dye after dye at a stubborn color. (Like getting dark GREEN 12 or so times from a dark RED color hex across 3 pets with 5 slots each needing the color; after about a dozen failures I gave up because I ran out of dyes and didn't have enough gold to buy more and still needed to turn several slots to RED...) It's ridiculous, and nearly impossible to turn profitable which is why I was hoping for some full color regens to get some good-looking stats projects that are actually worth their pricetag...

Not being able to change traits with the regen isn't a big deal; breeding for traits is easy enough even with stats pets. Not being able to change the colors, especially when you're looking at 6-vis pets where every slot has to work together..? Breeding for colors doesn't work so the only options are regen and dying, and since regens won't be able to change the base colors, that means dyes are the only option. And that's unaffordable... depending on how far I can accept the color swings to go I'll be lucky to manage 2 or 3 pairs which will cost about 5-7 million gold worth of dyes, and even then it's only because the last fest dropped their price for a little while and I was able to stock up. (Although those dyes were supposed to go to the Lunemaras since I have several projects in mind for those, I was just waiting to get the right traits for the pairs... -.- )

For the rest of my lupes? I won't be able to afford dyes for them so I'll have no use for them. I won't feel right selling them as they are at maxed stats price because they're far below my aesthetic standards. I refuse to discount them just for being hideous because it would completely crash the stats lupe economy, and I'm not the irresponsible type. I'll have no choice but to throw 99% of them away. A completely wasted opportunity and all that time spent on breeding for nothing, just because the cost of pet dyes is too high and there isn't even a chance at a full color regen with their revamp...

I understand that revamps and regens are a hard thing to balance but wow... not being able to reset the colors on ANY lupe is a major blow. Wish I hadn't spent so much time clearing Lupes for stats, superstats, traits, etc... I respect the decision if there's no other viable option, but I do hope this sheds a little light on the pet dye struggle that players like me face. Not just for revamps and regens and so on, but for all projects in general.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the revamp itself; the genes on Lupes have been desperately needing some better organization, and the depth of detail is astounding from the previews. They're stunning; they'll probably be my favorite species to make designs for. It's just depressing to know that everything I've worked towards over the past few years with the Lupes is ultimately going to waste... The time spent getting to maxed stats, the slow process of bringing new traits into the mix for maxed stats, getting superstats and, again, breeding in the other traits to the superstats standard... Ugh. Now my efforts have just left me with a ton of ugly dishwaters that I'll have to throw away. And this is something I started as far back as 1,281 days ago with the pets I used to first breed my 6V Deathstroke so I could get them to maxed stats. Oh yeah... This hurts... Throwing so much of it away because I can't afford to fix the colors... Think I'm gonna crawl into a hole for a while.

^have to agree with what Xav said. I too can live with limited gene/mutation regens (though I know those of us that breed the pre-tag themes pretty much bank on regens to allow us to get new traits into these old and terribly hard to get themes), but not being able to regen colours is a hard blow. Thinking about max stat projects that have been done with the expectation that at least a few would get regens (including full colour regens) and therefore not worrying about colours, or traits to a lesser extent: these are now next to worthless, and worse, a ton of gold/diamonds went into their creation with the use of several generations' worth of prismatic philters. To get them to selling decency.... well, Xav already gave the numbers on that. Aside from the max stat and super stat projects, though, I know there have been several times in the past where regens, especially those that move *some* traits from one slot to another but not others, can leave a pet looking very, very odd. Even with being able to change the colours of moved traits, sometimes the colours just don't translate to the new look as nicely. Just the way the highlighting and lowlighting changes can make a colour combination that looked amazing on the old design look less than appealing on the new one. Please, can we have a rethink on the colour regen thing?
Tonystark
Level 70
High Warlord
Threads: 245
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 12:14 PM Post #33
Doberman trait? sounds cool , this looks really cool to me
Elii
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 328
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 1:00 PM Post #34
Regardless of what traits trigger a Regen, this will still help breeding projects alot!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 2:05 PM Post #35
Not if said pets need dyes to finish projects, and said pets wont sell to cover 'those' costs....I see this putting a big damper on breeding projects. Trait regens are fun to play with yes, but if you have lups that need to have both done, or just the colors re-done...IT WILL GET COSTLY

Do as you will tho...just don't be upset when the pets you want to sell, don't.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 2:18 PM Post #36
I really like their new look, it's so much better than the original. But I'll have to admit, I was more than a little disappointed by the lack of full trait and color regeneration. I was looking forward to making some small projects with all the Lupes I have gathered. Now, I'll probably just end up sending them all into the wild.

Unlike Xav, I haven't invested that much time and gold into making stat Lupes, but I did spend a good share. I have bred and bought so many in hopes of re-generating for projects, I've even gone as far as buying a new stable specifically for Luporas. While I fully understand your reasoning for not doing full regens, Krin, I really just wish I had at least a few. Also, I'd much rather have full color than full trait regen, if that happens.

sighs....
Edited By Rysk on 10/20/2018 at 2:23 PM.
Daylightapparitions
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 2:49 PM Post #37
Hi, I have two questions:

1) What does re-generation mean, how do we do it, and do we have to do it?

2) How do I participate in festivals? I joined while I could still go to the Summer Festival, but it was grayed out.

Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:20 PM Post #38
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=2#17
Author: SerenityEather
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 9:10 AM
Will we be able to re-generate pets with rainbow mech traits, or pets that lose Spiked Chain?

Those Traits are staying. Spiked Chain will become Broken Shackles. It will be basically the same in concept as the original - just revamped artwork.
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:22 PM Post #39
The new Luporas look great!

As for the regens (or lack of thereof), I have divided feelings.

On one hand, I understand Krinadon's reasoning. I have a ridiculous number of regen pets from previous revamps that I intend to sell, but I only do a few at a time to avoid flooding the market.

On the other hand, I have been working on multiple Lupora breeding projects in the hope that at least some of them would qualify for a full regen, so knowing that it won't happen is a bit of a bummer.

I still spent way too much gold breeding with Luporas with G2 Kitsune and G3 Dalmatian to get full gene regens, since that's apparently the best I can get.
Moonia
Level 58
Fancy Pants
Threads: 142
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 3:23 PM Post #40
As today is Saturday Im really gonna check for the revamped lup a lot so expect me to be online a lot every body (( also my dad did fanart and I wanna show Krin but I cant add pics :( ))
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.