Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:22 AM Post #1
MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION:
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=8#80

We are also planning for a Wednesday release at this point.

Well this only took basically an entire year. =P

Finally, we are at the very end of our incredibly overly long journey of revamping the Lupora species! We are eyeing a Sunday/Monday release for the revamp. I wish I could have gotten this posted with more time in between, however with the Fall Festival rapidly approaching at the end of this week at the latest, there just isn't any room for further delays.

To begin, here is a preview of the soon to be released artwork:

We are still making the final preparations and changes and obviously getting those done will ultimately decide when we can release the Revamp. If they aren't done in time, we will have no choice but to just keep pushing this back until they're finalized. But I am hoping that they will be wrapped up Saturday.

Overall, not too much is changing with the Lupora outside of some major Gene organization. Mutations are pretty much remaining completely unchanged with exception to Lucky Dust.

New Trait Slots

Gene One: Strictly full body designs.
Gene Two: Strictly full mane designs.
Gene Three: Basically just an accent slot now. Either body runes or tail tip/ear designs.
Mutation One: Body Mutations
Mutation Two: Wings, Alternate Manes/Tails, Particle Effects
Mutation Three: Head, Alternate Ears

Re-Generation Information

At this time, there is not a plan for full Trait Re-Generations. However, the following specific Traits will trigger specific Re-Generations which will just simply depend on each individual pet and what they have. But since a lot of the Genes remained mostly untouched and very few pets will be affected by Mutation changes, I don't think there's enough to warrant tens of thousands of full Re-Generations for the Lupora.

Quick Number Example Behind Reasoning: At this point, there are roughly 250,000 Lupora in creation. Just going by the guaranteed list, just shy of 150,000 Lupora will be affected. If all of those were eligible for a full Trait/Color Re-Generation PLUS any of those affected by the potential list... we would literally end up with 80%+ of ALL Lupora receiving full Trait/Color Re-Generations. This would have a terrible effect on the Lupora economy and be way too overwhelming for the majority of breeders. Therefore, for the betterment of the species' future, I would prefer not to initiate full Trait/Color Re-Generations for this Revamp.

Here is the current plan:

Guaranteed Re-Generation Trigger
These are triggered because the original Trait was significantly changed or split into multiple locations. Pets affected by these will be allowed to re-select the original Trait's slot as well as the new destination Trait slot(s), as applicable. Additionally, they will also be able to have those specific slot colors re-selected.

(G1 A) - Shadow Markings (GC1, GC3)
(G1 B) - Tribal Markings (GC1, GC2)
(G1 D) - Runic Swirl (GC1, GC2)
(G1 I) - Spotted Fox (GC1, GC3)
(G2 A) - Harlequin (GC1, GC2)
(G2 C) - Kitsune (GC1, GC2, GC3)
(G2 D) - Maned Wolf (GC1, GC2)
(G3 B) - Dalmatian (GC1, GC2, GC3)

Potential Re-Generation Trigger
These are triggered because the original Trait moved slots, but remained largely or entirely the same. If the pet has an empty slot for the new destination, nothing will change other than the pet will be able to re-select the original and new destination's slot colors.

(G2 B) - Doberman (GC1, GC2)
(G2 E) - Yeti (GC1, GC2)
(G2 F) - Faded Leopard (GC1, GC2)
(G3 C) - Tipped (GC2, GC3)
(G3 D) - Frosted Glass (GC2, GC3)
(G3 F) - Leaf Veins (GC1, GC3)
(M3 I) - Lucky Dust (MC2, MC3)

Guaranteed Color Re-Generation
All pets will be have the following changes/available Re-Generations.

C2 (Current C2 will become C3 for all Lupora)
AC1 (Will be defaulted to current EC)
AC2 (Will be defaulted to current C3)

So, as an example. Let's say a pet has the following:

G1: Shadow Markings
G2: None
G3: None
M1: None
M2: None
M3: Lucky Dust

They will end up with the following:

AC1 set to current EC
AC2 set to current C3
C3 set to current C2

G1: None
G2: None
G3: None
M1: None
M2: Lucky Dust
M3: None

2 Trait Points to Re-Generate
C2, AC1, AC2, GC1, GC3, MC2, MC3 to Re-Generate

Final Note: Because Valentine Lace and Lucky Dust are Restricted Traits, they will override any other Traits and will remain on every pet. However, we realize this is sometimes not desired and players will be able to send me a PM with the pets that they want those removed for for extra Re-Gen points if applicable. Basically, it will work like the last revamp did in regards to this.

So, for example, let's say your pet has Ethereal Wings and Lucky Dust. Lucky Dust will be moved to M2 and remove Ethereal Wings giving your pet 2 Trait Points to Re-Generate. If you prefer Ethereal Wings, send me a PM and I will remove Lucky Dust and then that pet will have 4 Trait Points to Re-Generate. However, you will not be able to re-select Lucky Dust at that point and it will be lost from that pet.
Edited By Krinadon on 10/21/2018 at 2:52 PM.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:26 AM Post #2
Oh wow, thanks so much Krin!
The lups look gorgeous ^^ and it's exciting to know the festival is coming up.
A totally unrelated question, will there still be the trick or treating in this year's fall fest?
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:28 AM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=1#2
Author: Galaxyrose
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:26 AM
Oh wow, thanks so much Krin!
The lups look gorgeous ^^ and it's exciting to know the festival is coming up.
A totally unrelated question, will there still be the trick or treating in this year's fall fest?

Hehe. Yes. We still plan on having Trick or Treating.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:46 AM Post #4
I love the horns on the male, super exited to play around with all the new and improved traits when the revamp is released!
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 4:49 AM Post #5
Thank you Krin :) just looking though some of my lups and looks like i might have a few that will be 6 point regens
Mysterylies
Level 69
Trickster
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:58 AM Post #6
Wow, they look amazing! :o
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:16 AM Post #7
Thank you and the artists for this fabulous work <3
Evieseriously
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 89
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:29 AM Post #8
Omg... I spent this year breeding and collecting lupes, creating designs for how I wanted to revamp every one of them xD I feel like all my work went down the drain. But it will be okay, the revamped lupes look sooo beautiful!
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:32 AM Post #9
Oh wow, they look gorgeous!
Charlottespider
Level 66
Threads: 38
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 7:05 AM Post #10
Noob aha! Moment..... ohhhh thats why some pets have regen and some not. Cool beans. This looks like it will be fun
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.