Page 36 1, 2, 3... 35, 36, 37... 51, 52, 53 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 4/5/2017 at 10:22 AM Post #351
Zarune~ 29 years old~ RG

The dream was peaceful at first, full of beautiful landscapes and scenes he had recalled from his many of travels. So many faces flashed before him, many of them priests he knew but some were strangers still. He could see the roads, that he walked so many times before, the homes he had stayed in while traveling. But it all faded away as he was placed back in his home, on the front porch the day when his already terrible life took a turn for the worse. He was dressed in the clean clothes that he only wore when they had to go to the temple for some reason, he was clueless to why. Was mother and father making him to go to the temple to pray like they usually did when he was bad? No they said nothing about it so why would that be it? It was strange to think of why they were doing this to him. He still hurt all over from the ram's battering that he had gotten just a few days before. His arm lay wrapped in his lap where it was broken and bruised. Many of his ribs too were broke making every breath a struggle. So he sat on the stairs of the porch petting the family barn cat while he waited right where his mother told him to. The boy dared not move as that would just result in more beatings from mother and father. Already he hurt so getting beat was not an option. When the hoof steps echoed down the drive he sent the cat away before sitting up straight. There was mother and father on their horses, with someone else behind them. There was an overwhelming sense of dread as he recognized the man as his mentor, the man that beat him worse than both mother and father. The man climbed down from the horse and approached the boy. A heavy hand came down on his shoulder as the man talked to the boy though it was no words he heard. It seemed the man was shaking him? Why was that? He didn't recall that in the memory. Slowly he opened his eyes to find a chamberlain standing over him, with what a confused look on his face. What was going on? Where was the child?! He was panicked now as he pushed himself up from the chair. "What's going on? Is something the matter?"

Molly~25 years~RG

The horse swayed beneath her as they made their way towards the village she had been to not too long before. To think that she had walked these streets on this horse just a few hours before as Zarune nearly bled to death in her arms, it was a scary thought just like it was to think that he actually kissed her back in the garden. Did he think the same way she did about him? Maybe if she lived through tomorrow she would confess to him her love. The taste of his lips was still present on hers, a sweet tangy taste that left her wanting more. It was strange to think that a man of the church was able to love as he did. Maybe they stand a chance together. But that was not why she had came out all this way, no she was seeking the guidance of her father. He was a blacksmith in the town though these last few summers had had him down. He was living with a maid now since his eye sight has started to fail him, though he was still all in his right mind. The house she had once called home was standing before her as inviting as it was though it had changed in a way. It seemed darker, bleaker than before when she had left. Still though it was home, and she felt as if she was a child again. Sliding from the horse she looked at the home in thought of it she really wanted to do this or not.

Thea~15 years~DC

She pulled away from the woman a bit shocked that she had actually though of touching her. How dare she? Herbs? She wasn't going to eat herbs straight, that was unthinkable! Thought the woman had done it just before her, maybe it wasn't that bad? She looked over each herb, some she had in her pocket at the moment in fact. They were easy enough to tell apart from others for she knew some already. Glancing back at the woman she tried to see what exactly was on her mind. She was a hard slate to read in truth. Strange really. How could a woman be like that? Everyone she had seen had been so easily to read before but now this woman took the cake. How did she do that? Thea dared not answer to it though as she didn't want to given anything about herself.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 4/6/2017 at 12:51 PM Post #352

Cullyn of the Sapling ~~ Crown Prince ~~ 5 ~~ Currently in RG

The chaimberlain took a step backwards and so did the bard, holding the prince, as the man got up from the chair. Neither him nor the bard is a fighter. Heck none of them have anything to call a weapon. The closest thing the two men have to a weapon is the daggers by their hips that they use to eat with. But with no real combat experience if it was something going on they could pretty much just act as meatshields untill guards reached the prince. The young chaimberlain stood between the man and the bard that slowly backed away with the child still sleeping deeply in his arms. He had not seen the priest before so he had no idea it was the new teacher, or had been, to the young prince. "Just who are you and why was you holding the prince?" he asked in a serious tone, his hand resting on the small dagger just in case as it truley is the only thing resembling a weapon he have. Well, no thats a lie. He have one more but that one isnt much better as its only used to open letters for the king. That one isnt really suited for battle either but if he have to he will truley give it a try atleast. Granted that if the man really wanted to hurt the prince he would have already done so while beeing alone with the boy. But he really really have to atleast take some precautions after finding a stranger holding the sleeping prince.

Agrona ~~ Poisonmaker master ~~ 22 ~~ currently in: DC

while the girl retreated she simply ignored it as she would a wild animal she tried to break for training. Simply giving the girl some space when needed but she did notice that she slowly aproached again while watching the herbs she was showing and poinitng out for her. "Did you get all that or do I need to tell you again?" she said in a calm, comfterble tone. She may be injured and having a cold but the girl is still ages away from actually beeing a threat to her. Honestly, most in this village ... town ... whatever you want to call it, is beneth her skills. If she wasnt injured or sick she could probably take out every single guard here without a problem. And if she used her herbs? Heh, the entire town would be in her grasp within a few houers. They would all be at her mercy. If she mixed in just a tiny bit of poision in the water they would all be crawling on the ground, gasping for air while rolling on the ground in pain as their intestines would disolv. And there in the midst of all the pain and death, she would sit, waiting for her harvest to be free for the taking. After seeing the scene play out in her mind for a while she left the thought while still waiting for a reply from the girl.

NPC for Sapphire

As Aris stoped and talked to some of the guys he looked to the side when he heard a big, delightfull scream mixed with a gigle. With A smile he easly swung his legs over the back of the horse and bent his knees. A two year old rushed up to him with open arms and the man wrapped his arms around the child. "Hello there, how is my little princess today?" he asked softly and the girl answered with a rather loud "good!" With that he stood up, holding her softly against him as a woman only a few years older than him walked up to him. "Hello there handsome" she smiled, kissing him softly. "Hello there beutiful" he replied after the kiss. However the girl did not aprove of beeing left out and gave up a disaproving sound. "Jelous little one?" he smiled, kissing his daughter on the forehead. "Of for work?" she woman asked, leaning against him while taking the girl in her arms. "Yes." he replied with a soft smile. "A long time this time thought" he replied with a sad look on his lips, pulling his wife closer.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/6/2017 at 3:26 PM Post #353
Rose

She saw the head guard talking to what she presumed as his family from him kissing them. She knew no one knew how much she missed her family but she didn't miss her old life. She loved being a guard even if it meant she might never see her family unless they visited but they didn't know where she was. She knew that even if she saw them again that she would be begged to come back to the farm life in which she had hated. She waved at the head guard's child and wife. She took off her helmet for a bit since her forehead was now glistening with sweat. She shook out her hair. The other guards gazed at her and she was tempted to kick one of them so they knew she was not going to tolerate their stupid girl crazy actions. She sighed and held her helmet. She saw that Aris was looking at her.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/8/2017 at 12:02 PM Post #354
NPC for Sapphire

He just held her close to him. Their daughter not quiet understanding why her parents were so down. "Cant we come with you?" the woman asked. At this he just smiled with a sad, almost dead expression in his face. "Sweetheart, its a job. We dont have a horse to spare and it might not be for the lords liking." he said , hiding his face in her hair. The woman just got a steady grip of him. "I dont care, I miss you." she mumbled while hiding her own face against her husband. The child however couldnt quiet get the mood and gave up a disaproving sound. At this he just shuckled, turning to his daughter. "And what do you want my precious princess?" he asked the child that just pointed at the horse. "horie!" she said exitedly so he walked up with the child to the animal, putting her on the saddle. With a delighted sound she grabbed the saddle and looked as if she was ruleing the world and nothing less that that. The horse however seemed more surpriced and anoyed by the screaming little creature he got on his saddle. But his rider didnt seem to mind the little weird thing beeing there so he just sighed before shaking his neck and standing compleatly still, relaxing with the exited child.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 4/8/2017 at 12:11 PM Post #355
Aris and the Rose

"They can come along." Aris said. "We can share horses. I am sure Rose can take care of the child or your wife can while riding with you." He hated to see anyone cry right now. He smiled kindly. The child was so kind and small but surely Rose wouldn't mind. He looked at Rose and saw her vibrant red hair. She was stunning but he looked at the guards who were elbowing each other and probably eyeing her up. "If you can't respect a lady then why are you even guards!" Aris growled at them. The guards froze and stopped. They all looked away. He laughed and turned to Rose who seemed grateful. He smiled and looked back at the head guard's family.

Rose rode up closer to the head guard. She smiled at Aris who had noticed the guards but she didn't want to know what they were thinking. Was the head guard crazy to bring her along with many males? Would this trip end badly? Would she attack anyone before this trip was over? She sighed and looked at the child. She knew the family would most likely come and she was sure she might have to take care of the young girl. She wouldn't mind that much though
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/8/2017 at 2:11 PM Post #356
Zarune~ 29 years old~ RG

Who was he? Who was HE?! Did this man not know a priest when he saw one? Granted he was not in robes though still! One should be able to tell by the way he talked, how he held himself that he was one of a temple. Yet still they didn't know, he might as well tell them what they wanted to know. "I'm Zarune, priest of the temple of Finn. As for what I'm doing here, I was looking after the prince for the time being and making sure he was alright since neither of you seemed to be here." He said calling them out on their mistakes. "I was also asking him if he liked learning under my teachings." What more did they want? All in all he wished he could sleep again, with the child in his arms. It just felt natural, like he was a father to the boy yet he wasn't. Was that even what it felt like to be a father, or way he just making things up? He hadn't a clue. It didn't help that his own father wasn't one to do all the hugging and loving that a father normally did. He was lucky if his own father even looked his direction at dinner or when he passed on the way to the barn. Many times before he was sent away the boy had tried to gain the attention that his father refused to give him. Once he had even cut his own finger to gain the love of either mother or father but instead he himself had to tend to his wound after his mother and father both turned him away saying that he wouldn't die from it. Then there was the incident with the sheep, even to think about made the man shiver slightly and cross his arms over his chest. Well as good as he could that was. The sling arm was still in place with the other laying on top of it as he watched the men before him. That was not something to be thinking though as he was just answering to whom he was. Who were these men anyways? How did he know that they weren't assassins looking to catch him off guard? This thought made him tensed. What if they were just trying to get him away from the prince long enough to kill him? Then again they could genuinely be people of the court that are scared of whom he was. Being careful was the only move he could make, after all both of his arms were rendered useless as the wounds on them throbbed with pain. To call upon magic now would most definitely kill him, through the amount of pain more than anything else. To use a knife was out of the question, he would have to both hold the weapon and swing it, both of which he was unable to do. He was at the mercy of these men if they wished him dead. He was a sitting duck, a target that could easily be cut down. Cullyn was already theirs he might as well lay down and let them kill him. What a pleasant thought.

Molly~25 years~RG

Why was she so scared? It was just her father that she was speaking with, so why was she still standing outside the home. It was like the home would consume her when she stepped foot into it. In a way it seemed to feel almost hostile as she looked up at it. Why though? It was was still the same home, housing the same person that she had known all her life as her father, so why was she afraid to step inside? Taking a deep breath she pressed forward taking long strides to reach the oaken door that had kept the cold out the whole time she had been growing up. There about waist high was the mark the arrow had made when she was learning how to shoot. And there! A hand print she had dyed on the wood the day she had been born. She knew that her parents had been the ones to place it there, but in a way she felt that it had been her doing. This was home. With a smile she let a hand fall upon the door, the knock echoing throughout the wood. Slow footsteps approached the door before it was opened.
"Molly?" The elderly woman on the other side of the door asked eyes wide in shock at the woman standing before her. Mari, her fathers maid, was standing on the inside of the home peering out at the woman whom had knocked.
"Mari, it's so nice to see you again." Molly answered her with a tight hug to the older woman whom was now shedding a few tears as they hugged. It was such a nice confrontation between them with no more words then what was needed. "Mari I came to see father." Molly said upon pulling away from the hug.
"Why of course dear! He's in his room." The elderly woman smiled moving aside so Molly could enter the home. It was just as she remembered. The wood stove set to the left of the door, blazing bright to keep the cold at bay. A table set to the front of the door though Molly was able to reach it in two steps. It was a small home, but it was hers. Fathers room was to the right through a door. The room was dark thus Mari brought in a lamp and set it to the side of his bed. He had gotten thinner since last she had seen him, and his eyes paler till now they no longer say anything.
"Father?" Molly asked kneeling at the side of his bed.
"Molly?" The man asked reaching out towards the voice. She took his hand in hers and put it to her face in a loving embrace. He seemed so weak, nothing like the man she had left home when she had gone to train. It nearly brought tears to her eyes. He needn't know that this was most likely the last time they would speak or see each other again. "What brings you here?"
"Father..." Molly started. "I-I think I found the one." This seemed to be music to the man's ears as he perked up some.
"Do tell then sweetheart. What is his name?"
"Zarune, but father...he's a priest." The man looked a bit confused for a moment though he sighed it off. "I know it is wrong to love a man of the church father but he is so kind and frankly I think he likes me back."
"Molly..." The man started with a sigh. He was quiet for a moment before answering with a kind smile. "You have my blessing al, the same. I wish you two the best of luck in life. Mari?" He called and the woman returned to the room. "Get the box, Mari. It's time Molly had them." With a nod the elderly woman left again to retrieve the items.
"Father, you don't have to." Molly started before the man stopped her.
"Molly, I'm not long for the world and I know this. This might as well be the last time I see you. I want you to have them before it is too late." Mari returned now with a box and handed it to Molly. The woman too it and looked to her father for instructions. "Go on open it." Carefully she did as told. Inside the box was two rings, one from her mother the other from her father. The gift brought her to tears as she threw her arms about the man's neck.
"Thank you.." She whispered. The man said nothing as he hugged her back.
"Go now, and ask him Molly. When he says yes, bring him here so I can meet him." Molly nodded and released her father before backing away and exiting the room. She thanked Amati before leaving. The question now was what would Zarune say?

Thea~15 years~DC

"I got it." She said simply just as the door opened yet again. The man had returned with an armful of vegetables and a package of meat. There was so much there that she wasn't sure how in the world they would all be able to eat just that much! She could eat for months on that much food. Everything from carrots to tomatoes, and potatoes along with some things that she had never seen before. Where had he gotten them all? Who knows but it looked amazing.
"Right then who wants to help? The potatoes need peeling and cutting as does the meat. Thea think you could do that for us?" Ruairi asked holding out the package towards her. Reluctantly she took it from him after a while of looking at it. She carefully opened the package to find some deep red meat, some lighter red, and some a pinkish color.
"What is it?" She asked in confusion while picking up a bit of the meat.
"That is venison, there's also pork and chicken in there for the stew. What better to keep one warm on a cold night? And it is also filling. Just cut them into chunks for us if you will." The girl was still a bit confused but did as she was told. Once all the meat was cut it was added to the pot over the fire. It smelled heavenly! It was hard not to eat the vegetables as wel, as they sat out for the world to see. Maybe these people weren't that bad after all.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/8/2017 at 3:49 PM Post #357

The chaimberlain just glared at him before rolling his eyes. "A man of the horned god dressed in clothes as such? Ypu truley cant think much of us if we are to take you for your words." he said in a chilly tone. Carefully he looked back at the bard and nodded. With a soft movement the bard shaked the child gently untill he woke up. Confused the prince looked up at the bard, yawning widely. After rubbing his eyes he smiled at the bard. "It took you some time" he yawned. "My apologice your highness but I was wondering do you know that man?" he smiled to the boy before nodding at Zarune. Still not awake in his mind he looked at Zarune before yawning again and nodding. "Thats Zarune, my teacher" he mumbled before simply falling asleep again. At this the two men relaxed a bit. "I do apologice sincearly, but you have to understand that we got worried as we saw his highness in the arms of a stranger to us." the bard said, looking at the prince that sleept in his arms. With that done the man exused himself and carried the boy out of the workroom and into the livingroom. With calm movements he walked through the livingroom. The embers was glowing faintly in the dark room. The cold stonefloor was coverd by a expensive carpet in the kings colours of green and black and golden embroderies for detailing. Upon the darkoak table was the main source of light in the room, a candle that made the furniture cast dancing shadows on the walls.

As he passed the livingroom he opend the darkoak door and walked into the well decorated bedroom. The massive bed that easly could hold two massive men was meant only for the prince as for now and the frame that stood above it hold up the drapes that the boy could use to make it like a fortress. In the fireplace of the bedroom was a small fire sparkling in a calming fashin, showing of the decoration. The same type of expensive carpet as in the living room. Every piece of furniture of exusit darkoak and having the most wonderfull details carved into them. Truley the prince know nothing about the struggles outside the castle walls. Just one of the chairs in the room is worth more than most commoners will ever see in two lifetimes. With that thought running through his mind the boy with golden hair and brightblue eyes was tucked into bed and the man left the bedroom to let the child sleep. With a sigh the bard sat down in the soft, well padded sofa in the princes livingroom, looking towards the study there the chaimberlain and the priest was still residing.

He looked after the bard that went away with the child most likely to put him to bed. A loong time he said nothing, just thinking and processing what had happend. "I do apologice your hooliness. I meant no offence but only his highness best." he said politely before bowing to the priest. Would the man be satisfied with this or did he want more? Honestly he have no idea.

She nodded as she confirmed that the girl had heard what she had told her. As she was about to say something she heard the door opening and glanced at it. Oh Ruairi. She nodded politely at him before looking at what he brought them. Hmm, the food is of good quality and the vegtebles seems fresh and really well grown. After thinking for a while she looked around the room, slowly walking across it, following the sent she had picked out. Once she got to the source of the smell she opend the jar with her healthy arm, the injured still holding the blanket around her. After taking a few of the herbs she walked back and crumbled the dry herbs into the water so it could disolv and give it some taste and get whatever nutrition was still in the dried up herb. With that she sat down, not having anything to cut or prep the food with.

NPC for Sapphire

He looked up at the young lord before bowing slightly. "Thank you ever so kindly for granting me this my lord" he said politely, his wife not beeing able to stay as courtly as him. She simply threw herself in her husbands arms, kissing him passionatly with a wide smile. He blushed a bit but answered the kiss willingly before looking up at Rose that rode up next to his own horse. "When will we be going my lord?" he asked to know if he needed to get his wife up on his horse.The little girl on the sleeping horse seemed as delighted as she possibly couldn and didnt notice anything at all. She was just happy to be on the 'Horie' as she called the animal.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 4/8/2017 at 4:00 PM Post #358
Aris and Rose

"We will head out later." Aris said. "For now we need to let our horses rest. It's nice to meet your wife." Aris got off his horse and looked at the child. He smiled and then looked at Rose. "Let me know if the guards misbehave or step one foot wrong." Aris said. Rose nodded and she got off her own horse. She put on her helmet. Her hair wasn't really in the helmet and hang out the back. It touched her back. She lead her horse to a good space. She pet her horse and looked at Aris then at the child. "To think we have a child here..... do they know the dangers?" Rose said to herself. She saw the other guards approached to put their horses beside hers. She ignored them and they kept quiet. They also stayed away from her and tried to avoid her. Aris walked over to them with his horse. He got down and he smiled.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 11:08 AM Post #359
Zarune~ 29 years old~ RG

"It's quite alright, there was no harm done. I will be the first to admit that this is not normal priest atire, you will have to forgive me but mine seem to have been unfit for me to wear until they were properly cleaned." The priest appologized before yawning a bit. "Well seeing you have returned I must be taking my leave, it seems that we have lost track of Molly and she needs to be found in case the king wishes to speak with her again." The man said giving them both a slight bow before turning to leave. In truth he just wanted to find the woman again, both to make sure that she was alright and for the fact that he wanted to see her again. That brief moment that they had together was enough to leave him itching for more, though with his standings now it didn't seem right to ask for her hand just yet. But if they somehow survived the next few days he would be sure to spend more time with her before popping the question. After exiting the room he headed towards the garden but again found nothing there save for the flowers and that cat. "What is it that you wish of me?" The man asked towards the animal as it gazed up at him. It drew no closer for him to pet it though it drew no father way this time. It merely sat in the shadows gazing at him as it did, it's bright yellow eyes shining in the light of the dying sun. "I see, you are not one to speak much. I like that. Just sitting and watching the world go round about you as the days turn to night and the night to back to day. Tell me thought friend why do you search for me so? Is there something I carry that you fancy?" Still no reply came from the animal. It was a strange confrontation between man and beast, yet surly it was that most jestful by far.

Thea~15 years~DC

It took mere moments for the meal to prepare, for which she was thankful. The bowl of steaming stew seemed to call to her as she plopped down at the table and attempted to eat as cleanly and slowly as her growling stomach would allow. How long had it been? Two, three days since she had last eat? Too long. So long that the food nearly made her sick to eat, to think that her body wished to expel the exact thing that she needed to stay alive.
The man handed his companion a bowl before feeding the fox then himself. To take food last meant he thought more of these complete strangers over himself. Was he really that generous or was it all a game to win them over? Right now the girl didn't care, all she cared about was keeping the food she ate from returning to the bowl that she had taken it from.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 1:05 PM Post #360

He listend carefully to the man before nodding politely at him and as the older man, and a priest no less, left the room he bowed at him, deep and polite. After all that man is a messenger of the gods. he heard the bard stop his steps in the living room and once the large, heavy darkoak door that led out into the corridor shut closed he walked into the livignroom. The two men just sat down in silence. A loong time neither of the two said anything. They just stared into the embers that was glowing faintly in the mostly compact darkness of the livingroom. "You think someone will hang?" he bard asked after a loong airy silence. The chaimberlain just looked at the older man a moment before nodding. "His highness is furious, he have a bloodlust in his eyes I have never seen before. Granted you might have seeing as you have lived many winters more than me" he replied to the bard that hid his face in his hands before looking towards the bedroom there the small, young prince was sleping heavly. pleace ... pleace dear gods, make the child a better ruler than his father is. After yet a second time of silence the two men looked at one a other, faint smiles spreading as if they wanted to reasure one a other that it would indeed be fine. That the future of the country was not coverd by a vail of thick, heavy velvet as black as ravenfeathers during nighttime but bright and as light as a sunny summerday when a soft breez is caressing you gently to cool you down. After this the two of them just looked at the embers once more, the candle on the table making both their own and the shadows of everything else dance gently as it moved in slow, gentle and hypnotizing movements.

When given the stew she nodded deeplly and politely. "Thank you ever so kindly" she said with a surprisingly calm tone. Yet despite the calmness in her tone it was clear that she was getting a cold as the voice slowly got harsh and raspy, as if she couldnt breath properly. After a quick prayer within her mind there she thanked the godess for watching over her rather than comming to get her she started to eat using her healthy arm. After some time she let the spoon rest in the bowl while glancing at Thea. Had it truley been so loong since the girl had eaten anything that she had to struggle only to keep it? With a sigh she closed her eyes a bit as if she tried to push away pain in her arm. Wich was partly true but not all of it. After simply opening up her magic she looked up at the girl, slightly above her head. Hmm, the thread is thin and barley visable, and barley any longer than Agronas pinky. But as she examined it closer, putting her magic into her own two almost golden like eyes she could see it slowly get a stronger colour. So the fact that they meet this girl saved her life? a bit confused by this she folded her forehead in wrinkles and mumbled a bit to her self.

NPC for Sapphire

Yes sir" he said noddingly and his wife smiled before doing a polite curtesy for the young lord. "its a pleasure to meet you my lord" she said while the child didnt bother to notice it. The little girl were just happy to be with her father and be on a horse. "Come on dear, lets get going a bit." he said and with a arm around his wife he lead the horse away with the more than delighted child atop it. When they came to his father in law he stoped to talk to the man and they did so in relaxed manners and kind smiles to one a other.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 35, 36, 37... 51, 52, 53
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.