Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival 2014 - Avatar Dress Up
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 10/28/2014 at 9:15 PM Post #41

So, you've heard some of the stories and come to get the full tale from the village elder, hmm? Well, no one much remembers her real name, but most folks around these parts have taken to calling her The Blood Priestess these days. Supposed to be 300 years old, if you believe the crazier of the rumors! Now, there's a lot of far fetched explanations of how she came to be this way, but the one I believe the most says she came from that big ole town they used to have up the road a ways, past the woods. Some folks say she was a young priestess in training during the 'Dark Era', when crime ran rampant up there. I don't know if I rightly believe that she was alive clear back then, but I do know the town had it's problems. Those who dedicate their lives to selflessness in the art of healing others can end up seeing a lot of those problems up close and personal.

They say that her heart was once young and pure, but the darkness of the people surrounded her, and as the years went by, well.. that darkness worked it's way in. It was subtle at first. No more crying when a patient didn't make it at the temple. Feeling a bit less sympathy for the poor. Some say her hair went dark, and her eyes got just a little brighter those years, and her staff changed, too. It grew dark and tarnished, and the heart shaped stone at the top of it begun to pulse with a life of it's own.

One day the priestess witnessed a riot that broke out in the middle of town and decided she had seen enough. She walked out into the woods to live away from the world, and leave her life of healing behind. They say she wanted nothing more to do with the world, making friends with only the forest's wolves. The staff had other ideas, though. It's said to speak to her, to be her calling. The reason she shows up when she does. That staff guides her to the suffering of those pure at heart.

She comes to them, wordlessly.. with her now darkened locks, and glowing red eyes. Her face remains obscured by a veil and many say an inhuman maw lies hidden behind it. She lifts her staff, and pulls the wounds and sicknesses out of those the staff deems worth saving.. but that saving comes with a mighty price for someone else. For each time The Blood Priestess is spotted, she's sure to be seen again. That twisted staff of hers.. it guides her to not only the pure, but the guilty as well. She comes to them like a screaming banshee, she does! Passes on all the pain and the suffering she took from those she saved, to those she condemns. She is a savior and damnation, all at once.

Don't you go getting any ideas on ending her reign of blessings and curses, though. There's a lot more to her than may meet the eye. She keeps her most trusted wolf at her side, and wears her weapons upon her back in the form of blade-edged wings, least anyone think they might manage to sneak upon her from behind. Way I hear it, folks in the big town up the road there got together one day to go hunting for The Blood Priestess when they got tired of her judgement upon them. The whole town came out to search the woods for her! I hear they never did figure out where it was she stays. You say you didn't see a town up the road when you came in, huh? Heh, well.. you sure wouldn't these days! That town's been gone since the day those folks went hunting the priestess.. but that, my friend, is a story for another day.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 10/28/2014 at 10:01 PM Post #42

"All Hallows" Eve

Eve did not like Halloween. Of course, when she was young, she had dressed up and gone trick-or-treating like all the other children but she abandoned the holiday much earlier than her peers, and when asked, she even denied ever having enjoyed the festivities at all. By the time she was 8, she refused to accompany her friends in their trick-or-treating adventures, and by the age of 10, she had stopped dressing up altogether. When asked why she so disliked the holiday, she could never really give a direct reason, and always mumbled something about childish costumes and not liking sweets, even though the latter was a lie.
On October 31st the year she turned 20, Eve was walking back to her apartment. She was approaching a small bridge that crossed the river, when all of the sudden, a gust of wind nearly pushed her over. Not wanting to be detained any longer than necessary, Eve walked on - in the middle of the bridge, the wind came again...
Eve awoke after what felt like ages. Sitting up, she felt a strange lightness about her body - and looked down to see that she was, in fact, outside it. She was standing on the bank of the river a little distance away from the small bridge, and lying half-submerged next to her was her own body, her neck twisted at a nasty angle. Eve was surprised to discover that she did not feel upset about dying in the least; she was far more annoyed by the sounds of the Halloween party she could hear taking place in the house just across the way. That ridiculous music made her want to - Eve thought for a moment. Since she now appeared to be incorporeal, she wondered whether she could - Ahah! She passed through the wall of the house and into what seemed to be the living room, where she found a crowd of fully-grown adults wearing the absurd costumes she so hated. She ripped the mask off of one man, who froze in the middle of his ludicrous dancing and looked around wildly for what had de-masked him. She left him glancing suspiciously at the man next to him. Finding the source of the music, Eve unplugged the stereo, removed the CD, and snapped it in half. Nobody seemed to have seen itpeople started looking toward the stereo, wondering what had happened, but Eve merely passed through the same wall through which she had come, and began wandering back to her apartment.

Several Halloween parties reported the same mysterious phenomenon that nighttheir music would suddenly cut out, and the host would find the stereo unplugged and their CDs or other devices destroyed. These partygoers soon learned of the death of a young woman named Eve, who by all appearances had thrown herself off the bridge because of her dislike of Halloween.

Now, whenever a piece of a costume gets whipped off by the wind, or a CD of Halloween music mysteriously goes missing, the townsfolk place the blame on the ghost of "All Hallows" Eve.

((Sorry, it's not a "short" paragraph at all D: ))
Edited By Rixva on 10/29/2014 at 7:07 AM.
Yoriden
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 3:51 AM Post #43

Soooooo I'm a total dorkfish and when I saw Baby Gator (Wilber) my first thought was "OH MY GOSH, IT'S A TOTODILE!" So naturally, I just had to make a Pokemon Trainer. Referencing this image, this task turned out to be a bit harder than I thought it would be with the limited clothing options... originally I was going to do Lyra from HeartGold/SoulSilver, since it's the right generation for having a Totodile, but aside from the hat I just couldn't make it work. From there I moved on to Leaf of FireRed/LeafGreen- that way, I could keep the hat, find a perfect hairstyle and even manage to pull off the outfit. Overall, it turned out very plain-looking, but I am satisfied in that I achieved my ultimate goal- to become a Pokemon Master.
Edited By Yoriden on 10/29/2014 at 4:04 AM.
MourningLily
Level 65
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 59
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 3:12 PM Post #44

The unwanted gift

She had the calling. It was her birthright. A calling bestowed upon that one hapless child who had the ill-fortune of being firstborn. The bearer given no choice in the matter. She had dreams of a life filled with frivolity, friends, and of travel to far off places. But her family's legacy was one that had to be carried on, and personal wants and desires were of little consequence.

It was a horrifying gift.

So very repulsive and obscene, yet at the same time, it instilled a feeling in her of wholeness and....joy. Her affinity considered unholy by most, she was forced to expend this energy inside of her or it would manifest in ways that would destroy all that she loved and everyone she held dear.

Embracing the darkness within, she stepped forth and finally relinquished herself to it.

Jubilation and dark resolution filled her entire being. It consumed it her, this dark gift. It ate away at everything she was and anything she thought wanted. Nothing mattered anymore. Nothing but fulfilling this dark purpose. And as she cast away what little remained of her tattered humanity.....

........the dead began to rise from their graves.

Edited By MourningLily on 11/2/2014 at 9:06 PM.
Diaveborn
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 43
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 8:10 PM Post #45

This avatar is a flower, with beautiful pink and purple petals. The green leaves and stem hold up the flower, and nestled within the petals are the delicate yellow-orange insides of the flower.
Edited By Diaveborn on 10/29/2014 at 8:11 PM.
Caledonya
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 12
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 8:41 PM Post #46

She appears to you in the mist of dawn, the song she plays entices you from your safe haven. Her welcoming kind face tricks you into believing that she if friend rather than foe. She dances and plays, leading you into the black forest and down to the river. Her call has the fog tightening around you, you never see the ferryman's face. From the shore, she continues to play as you are ferried to Death's door.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 9:09 PM Post #47

This is Auzel, she is the guardian of the forbidden forests. She helps travelers find their way through the dark, haunted woods. With her airy lantern lighting the way, the demons are kept at bay. But on nights where the moon wanes she urges travelers to find a different rout, for even her light cannot breach the darkness on those nights.
Anactaka
Level 67
The Artistic
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 9:33 PM Post #48

It was a normal Halloween night for everyone else. Costumes were worn, tricks were played, treats were given out. But for one girl it was special. It was the night she learned the truth.

Rumors had gone around the entire month of October- there was more to Halloween than meets the eye. Whispers in the school hallway perked Cathy's interest- speaking of a spirit realm unknown to most humans. One of her classmates seemed to know more about it than any other.

"What is this talk about the... spirit realm?" Cathy asked when they were alone- in the library one quiet afternoon.

"Well, you know how everyone celebrates Halloween, right?" the odd girl began, her eyes lighting up.

"Ye-es," Cathy hesitated.

"But do they really believe it- about ghosts and spirits roaming about and getting in contact with the dead?" she went on.

Cathy pondered this a moment. What did she even know about it?

"I don't know," Cathy replied.

"If there really were things like demons and angels, wouldn't you want to know about it?" the girl asked, her eyes pleading as if to say she really wanted to tell her.

"I... I guess so. Yes, I would!" Cathy declared. Before she hadn't given it any thought- now it seemed like a life or death matter.

"I can tell you," the girl said, her voice dropping to almost a whisper. "Come to my house tonight. I will answer all your questions- and you will know it's the truth. And it will set you free."

Now is when you PM that girl, me. Bwahahhahaha!!!
So, the girl pictured is Cathy, and she is dressed as if searching for something- that something being the truth.
Dtrox
Level 44
Fancy Pants
Threads: 1
Posted: 10/30/2014 at 6:33 PM Post #49

Guardian of the Night
Her name: Nyx.

Whenever you're out and about, alone at night, do you ever get the feeling you're being watched? Sure, you shrug it off, but are you actually being watched?
The answer is, yes.
You hardly see her, but when you do, it's the glowing jewels and her haughty eyes. Then, as soon as you see her, she vanishes. Her favorite pastime is playing tricks on people. You can sometimes hear her laugh on the wind; that cold, chilling laugh.
She is the wind in the night,
The one they call Nyx.
She lurks around;
She loves playing tricks.
You never know if you see her,
For if you do, she's gone.
But you can be sure of one thing:
She will never be done.
Edited By Dtrox on 10/30/2014 at 9:52 PM.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 10/31/2014 at 4:15 PM Post #50

The Blood Faun

Deep, in the darkest part of the woods,
Far, far away from all that is good,
A faun of unusual color has stayed,
For many years, in his hideaway.

His fur black as night,
And his skin ghostly white,
With eyes of the brightest red.

He speaks with the dead,
Or so it is said
Of that strange and unusual faun.

He creeps out at night
To give you a fright
Or maybe to just say hello,
Though the second I doubt
For when we sent him out
His spots and horns were white.

Edited By AaronAmpora on 10/31/2014 at 4:18 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.