Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival 2014 - Avatar Dress Up
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 11/5/2014 at 12:55 PM Post #71

Who am I, a lady bright?
I am Mistborn, creature of the night.
Could it be that Zane is right?
These mists are me, I was born to fight.

My avatar is inspired by Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series, and the above lyrics are from the fan-made Mistborn song, "Creature of the Night." I thought it fit. :}
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/5/2014 at 5:24 PM Post #72

Jit the Hedge Maid, is from Terry Goodkind's book series that include The Omen Machine, The Third Kingdom and just released a couple months ago... Severed Souls. Goodkind's description of Jit gave me nightmares for days. Her magic was based in the Underworld, and the veil between the Underworld was suppose to be a glowing green. Her mouth was sewn shut before she could speak, because her voice is fatal to all who would hear it. She is fed by her familiars from people she captured... slowly drained of their blood.
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 12:41 AM Post #73

Have you ever seen the blue witch?
She lives by the stream in a hut.
She doesn't say much,but when she does get ready for your ears to pop.
Her eyes are never seen,and her hair is always clean and never to turn old.
She has a pet cat,who chases the rats and jingles as he goes.
He is so very loud,but she doesn't say quite down,instead she sits there and snores.
She of course wears blue but also some purple and even has tiny shoes.
Sometime if your lucky,she'll go running to find her cat in a tree.
She then will stretch her wings and fly like a fish to rescue the poor little thing.
She really likes candles,they match with her to and they always float like bubbles.
They never seem to burn but watch and you'll learn,to never put one on the table.
And did I mention her cat like nose and the flowers she grows,that she likes to wear as clothes?
They don't seem to itch but they do like to swish,luckily they aren't poorly stitched!
What about her smile you ask well her smile be as nice as a golden pass.
Oh what poor rhymer I am to think I could do such a deed!
If you want to hear more just go to her door and knock,just don't forget your knees!

{I will have to organize this more later,get my mom to check it.}

Reason for the outfit:
I was messing around with the wardrobe when I made it.I really wanted one of the ghost cats so I decided I would make and outfit to figure out which one I wanted.I at first was going with the purple on but when I saw those blue candles I was just like,I'm getting the blue.I usually don't wear makeup but I wanted to use it for this outfit,I think it looks nice with it.I have worn this outfit for like half of the festival!
Edited By Malas120 on 11/6/2014 at 12:46 AM.
Coda
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 133
Posted: 11/6/2014 at 8:16 PM Post #74

This avatar is called Protector of Dawning Autumn. She creates festivity within the hearts of others, goldens and drops the leaves, and creates the 'blank canvas' of spring into a glistening portrait.

Edited By Scarlettkitsune on 11/6/2014 at 8:16 PM.
Emgeal
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/7/2014 at 11:44 PM Post #75

As he looked at the mechanized creature he knew that it would never work. You could not create life using all the magic in Sylestia. However... he hesitated... Could he give up without giving it a chance? Decided he began to twist the magics his Sylesti standing by his side. She would live. She would remember. His wife could never truly die. The magic surged forward and wrapped around the metal sparking a blue glow across it. Unexpected aspects twist and perverted his design. When the light dropped the thing that stood before him resembled his wife no more than a strange. "You will show me this world." She said in a voice like grating nails. "You have brought me into it. Now you will show it to me and I will learn for what reason the magic allowed this to happen." All things considered it was an oddly self-cognizant statement for a creature that was only just created. He showed her the world, the good and the bad, and the entire time she said nothing except to ask questions. Then, little by little, as the time passed, he noticed her complexion softening. The metal was gradually replaced by flesh and color came to her skin. "What you needed." She said on the day when the last bit of metal receded. "Was not your wife back, but a friend to share your time with. That is what the magic made." They remained friends until the end of his life.
Keanai
Level 66
The Hallowed
Threads: 71
Posted: 11/8/2014 at 12:49 AM Post #76

Ravenna is a roleplay character I developed after noticing that AaronAmpora's Death's Wish and Black's Deathsong were almost exactly alike! (Just different things). A theme formed for an avatar, and I loved this avatar. I wanted to make a roleplay character I could use on site; so Ravenna was born.

Much of her early childhood is unknown (undeveloped), but as a young adult, she had these mechatronic wings grafted onto her. She was a science experiment, and a successful one - the wings functioned perfectly. Released after the scientists made sure the wings would work, Ravenna would wander around until she found Astaroth, the shadowstalker in the image. Astaroth is a sentient being in a shadowstalker form, based on a prophecy/ foretelling that those with unique features such as wings or horns would play a significant part in her life. A year or so later, Ravenna encountered the injured Azrael, the fae dragon in the image. Azrael is another sentient being; a companion of Astaroth that she brought with her. He is her loyal companion. They mostly wander around, although at the current time she is in the far left region, in the village outside the mountain meeting with someone named Esme (played by WayCrazy, her avatar). Using liquid time, she's also in the north meeting with Black, played by... welll.... Black. Chronologically in Ravenna's past,the meeting with Black comes first.

it's 2 am, pardon spelling mistakes.
Lumya
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 12
Posted: 11/8/2014 at 2:25 AM Post #77
Dont blink!

Inspiration:
Weeping Angel from Doctor Who
When they are not being observed by another being, Weeping Angels can move very quickly and silently. Their phenomenal speed allows them to close distances of metres literally in the blink of an eye. Their usual mode of feeding is to make use of time paradoxes - with a single touch, a Weeping Angel can send a person into the past to a point before his/her own birth, and can then feed off the "potential energy" of the years which that victim would have lived in the present. The Doctor describes the Angels as "the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely" because their victims are otherwise uninjured and may live out their lifespans in the past.
Edited By Lumya on 11/8/2014 at 2:48 AM.
Owl0430
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/8/2014 at 6:37 PM Post #78

i call my outfit goddes of nature
inspiration~mother nature-and Pan,from percy jackson and the olympians.
she and her shadow stalker are angry at all the people of sylestia for tearing down the forest.so they summoned a ghostly hellhound (toxic) to take revenge on the people of sylestia.everytime someone cuts a tree down another phantom feline,or ghostly hellhound is born.the phantom felines are spirits of trees who were cut down for a good reason.already dead,termites,or sick.the ghostly hellhound is the spirit of a dead tree who was cut down for no apparent reason.still alive,healthy,ect ect.

the items i used are
1.faun horns ~ head
2.ghostly hellhound ~toxic~held
3.wood nymph robe
4.glowing bracnh-fost~wings
shadow stalker~desert~back
Edited By Owl0430 on 11/8/2014 at 6:41 PM.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 2:22 AM Post #79

She's the first frost that comes at the end of fall.

With her ghostly pets, she collects the souls of any living thing that has not prepared themselves for the coming cold winter, or has not already flown or migrated to a warmer place for the coming season.

Sometimes, she gives life ample time to prepare themselves for her coming. Other times, she comes early, unexpectedly, claiming more souls to join her entourage.

Sometimes, she is kind, and lets life off with just a light tap of cold air as warning. Other times, she comes right before her sister, Winter, giving life barely a chance to react, before they are ushered into Winter's rule.

She always comes every year. And when you see her, you know Winter is coming.
Starmax
Level 73
Sylestiologist
Threads: 18
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 5:48 AM Post #80

The Forgotten Queen

Quiet literally the opposite to Star's original story, comes her alternate universe counterpart known as Xam.

Xam is a cheating, lying, and overpowered queen. She rules the underworld in a subdivision that reigns over the forgotten souls. Here, she is a cocky, arrogant, and vicious ruler - being very ungrateful of the services provided to her.

Xam was appointed by Hades to rule this lower, impecunious region of the underworld after she failed to reign over the slave souls - accidentally letting a few escape and float freely into his personal lairs. She is labeled as the Forgotten Queen, not only from her new position of power in the "Region of Forgetting", but also because nobody in the more prosperous regions of the underworld seem to remember who she is. This is due to another side punishment Hades assigned to Xam, where nobody will remember her past 24 hours of encountering her and will re-call her upon her saying her name. Hence, nobody remembers Xam herself for too long, but do remember the bone shattering fear that she inputs into their souls.

Despite nobody seeming to remember her, even those whom she reigns over, she's still just as vicious as she was before her re-location when everyone did remember her. It seems that nothing will appease her, according to her personal servants. No matter how hard they try to please their queen, they are always punished for not completing their task exactly as she told them to.

Her hellhound, Bane, is the only thing she openly shows affection for. Bane is treated with high respect by Xam, and Xam is treated with even higher by Bane. They have a mutual trust relationship and are never found without the other. Bane is her guard hound - he's a brutal and vicious beast. If he feels that someone is too close to his queen, he'll consume their soul on the spot.

Her outfit has a specific function, as well. Despite her being a soul herself and travels through her region by hovering, her wings show her power in the hierarchy scale. The wings themselves are faded and torn like the region she traverses across and the skulls resemble the forgotten souls. When the forgotten souls are either consumed or entirely forgotten, they're transferred to the skulls on her wings and thus giving her more strength than she already has.

The crown is self explanatory yet ironic. Xam wears the Crown of the Underworld and acts as if she is the ruler of the underworld. This correlates to the fact that in her previous life, she suffered from severe multiple personality disorder. Xam, being a power hunger and vicious queen, will often think that she rules the regions of the underworld instead of Hades. This often leads her to lose power as punishment for her crimes.

Her dress carries the heaviest symbolism in her wardrobe. The dress, precisely designed with the broken bones of Xam's previous life, resemble her entrapment to the "Region of Forgetting". She is not permitted to leave the region because of this dress, as it bounds her to the land. However simple it may sound to resolve, her dress is somewhat engraved into her soul. Even though she may not wear the dress to try and leave the region, the curse still carries through with her. Meanwhile, the cuffs around each of her wrists resemble her being trapped in her region and she's not able to make certain signs with her hands (a thumbs up, a rock sign, etc). Her hands, other than being used normally, can only give vulgar signs ("flipping the bird", satan's horns, etc.). The bones resemble somewhat similar to a caged animal - something Hades has grown fond to calling Xam.

Despite her place of power in the hierarchy table and despite her delusional acts of believing that she's one of the most powerful rulers known in the underworld, she's actually the lowest ruler. She knows this fact and it often keeps her up - driving her mad and forcing her to throw things, scream, pull at her hair, and have a mental break down. This is due to the fact that she's afraid of perishing one day herself, which is why she's never found without her wings. If her power and energy fades away, so will she, since nobody will remember her. Bane is the only one to be aware of these attacks that Xam has and often attempts to soothe her to his best ability. Bane is the only creature in the "Region of Forgetting" that cannot perish because he's connected to the region's land himself and can often consume souls when he feels it's needed. He's often transferring a lot of his power to Xam to ensure her safety and health, so that she mustn't worry about perishing like the other souls she reigns over. Xam's power is at it's height the months of May and October.

The reasoning for my outfit design is quite simple - to show that Star's story was a developed one. Starmax, in reality, is my very first character. She was designed and crafted to be one of the top slaves in the region the Hades rules over. However, as more sin and die, she's easily replaced by other slaves and her soul is forgotten - nearly perishing to dust in the act of being forgotten. Once you're forgotten, you're sent to the lower regions of the underworld.

Xam is, more or less, what Star would have become had she stayed a favored slave to Hades.
Edited By Starmax on 11/9/2014 at 3:56 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.