Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival 2014 - Avatar Dress Up
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/23/2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1
The object of this game is to go to the Wardrobe and create the most creative avatar that you can manage! Come back to this thread afterwards and post your avatar here along with a short paragraph describing your character.

You may not use your avatar entry from past Dress Up Contests. You must create a new one.

Rules

1. You are allowed to dress up your avatar in any style or item from the wardrobe. You do not have to own the style or item.

2. You are only allowed to submit one entry.

3. Along with your avatar image, you must write a short paragraph about your avatar character... either by giving a back story or by talking about your inspiration for creating the avatar.

4. You can edit and change your entry, but whatever you have in the thread is what I'm using when the contest ends.

5. This ends at the end of the festival...which is November 9th at 11:59pm.

Prizes

Krinadon and I will judge the entries and choose a first, second and third place winner. Everyone who participates will receive the forum title Fancy Pants. :)

1st Place

1,000,000 Gold
1 Fall Festival Basket
3 2014 Visible Fall Festival Themed Pet
10 Lucky Tickets

Katasaur

"Get off of my lawn, you crazy hooligans! I've told you a thousand times, no trick-or-treating on my property! You're upsetting Mr. Twinkles with you're infernal knocking!!"

It's best to avoid stepping on Ms. Clowder's grave on Halloween, unless you want to get an earful of the angry cat lady's ranting.

2nd Place

750,000 Gold
2 Visible 2014 Fall Festival Themed Pet
10 Lucky Tickets

Xavion

Vladimir Von Yarasa
(Vladimir is a Slavic name meaning Universal Ruler, Yarasa is Turkish for "bat." So basically... Ruler of Bats :D)

Once a simple human peasant known only as Vladimir from a distant land, now a risen ghoul who serves the Headless Horseman. In the early years he tried to resist the Horseman's dark commands, but as time passed on his sins became too much to bear. Vladi was driven mad by the horrible things he had done, and as he descended deeper into that madness he came to embrace his role as a force for evil.

Eventually he became a zealot for the Horseman's cause, and he strove to serve at his best. Where others would fail to do the Horseman's bidding, Vladimir would succeed, often exceeding the Horseman's expectations. These actions didn't go unnoticed, and once Vladimir rose through the ranks he was rewarded with a powerful gift: dominion over bats. It was then that Vladimir was called, "Von Yarasa," a name given to him by the people he and the Horseman preyed upon. This, too, Vladimir embraced, and he kept the name forever more, always using his bats to serve in his schemes.

Now, as the Headless Horseman's second-most faithful servant (second, of course, only to the Horseman's steed) he is trusted with tasks of the highest priority, most notably so, to gather the souls of the innocent in order to raise the dead.

Vladimir completes this task by various means, first finding potential subjects and then putting their virtue to some type of test. He may pretend to be lost, or to have lost something important, or feign illness or an injury. Other times he may come up with something more creative, with elaborate schemes promising entertainment and fun times for whoever would follow him. Delightful music played to lead victims to their doom, enchanting stories told while awaiting the chance to strike, or the promise of adventure the likes of which have never been seen! Those with chivalry and kindness enough to aid him, or those innocent and naive enough to fall for his ploys, are always deemed worthy.

Be wary as you walk the festival grounds; someone may be watching. ;)

3rd Place

500,000 Gold
10 Handfuls of Candy
1 Forum Game Item

AaronAmpora

The Blood Faun

Deep, in the darkest part of the woods,
Far, far away from all that is good,
A faun of unusual color has stayed,
For many years, in his hideaway.

His fur black as night,
And his skin ghostly white,
With eyes of the brightest red.

He speaks with the dead,
Or so it is said
Of that strange and unusual faun.

He creeps out at night
To give you a fright
Or maybe to just say hello,
Though the second I doubt
For when we sent him out
His spots and horns were white.

Velyanthe

The essence of duality: Light and dark, fire and ice, night and day (the sun color on the moon crown), and life and death (the crow).

Those who embrace the essentialism of duality live apart from typical society, preferring to live in tiny communities closer to nature. They are usually spellcasters, learning magics that balance each other, magics to speak with the earth, and magics to summon spirits from other realms.

Some depart from these societies to live with the rest of the world. Some take what they have learned and use it for their own gain, taking from the forest or using destructive, unbalanced powers. The cruel ones never tend to get very far in their endeavors--the land takes hold of them so that the sun or frost may destroy them as the crows condemn them.
Edited By Faiona on 11/13/2014 at 11:18 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:14 AM Post #2
This thread has been moved to: Official Games and Contests.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3
Time to play! :)
Hemmons
Level 61
Trickster
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:42 AM Post #4

This avatar is called Protector of the Forest. She protects the forest and creatures in it from those who seek to harm them, and helps plant new trees. She helps nurture the wild hatchlings, and will protect the young with her life. When asked why she does what she does, and is not living in normal Sylestian society, she replies, "My roots are here, and I love taking care of those who might need help. I could never leave."

"I am the Lorax, and I speak for the trees, and I'd like to say a few words, if you please. Because unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, things aren't going to get better, they're not!"
-Dr. Seuss, the Lorax
Tigrrrlily
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 22
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 2:20 AM Post #5

This is the Count(ess?) of Crepwood as I've started referring to them as. They enjoy throwing rather elaborate (though eccentric) parties in their estate for the spirits of the recently-deceased. Incredibly creepy? Yes. Though it does sort of help ease the transition into non-living existence.
Abraxas
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 3:05 AM Post #6

Before you notice the wings, before you notice the weapon, you notice the girl. There is a kind of ethereal beauty about her, the kind that makes you wonder if she was lost on the way to a ball, or possibly a princess in disguise.
You try to open your mouth, try to ask her what she is doing here, on a farm in the middle of nowhere--and you stop short.
There is something in her eyes, steady and unrelenting. There is no malice. She does not blink. Her expression does not change.
You begin to notice the shining wings, and the sharp scythe--the word 'angel' is the first thing that comes to mind, something inhuman and holy taking human form to appear to people.
You had always wondered why so many legends had angels tell humans "do not be afraid".
You cannot meet her gaze. You cannot look up. You are dimly conscious of her moving towards you, moving without stepping, too close--
Her hand is on your chin, tilting your face up so that you cannot help but look straight into her eyes.

"Do not be afraid."
"Do not be afraid."
"Do not be afraid. I have only come to give you a message."
When she speaks, her voice sounds like the voice of everyone you have ever met, and everyone you have ever loved, and everyone you have ever lost, all blending together to speak in unison, with different intonations in each of their voices.
Some of them almost sound as if they are trying to comfort you.

You cannot move. You cannot speak. You cannot run, and her hand is still on your chin, holding you in place.

You are afraid.
Echosparks19932
Level 56
Fright Master
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 4:17 AM Post #7

"She's the one that's under your bed, she's the one that fills you with dread. She will chop and bite just to get your head on Halloween night."
You can't run you can't hide, you know today is your time.
She's here to collect your head and stick it on her parlor wall.
"Here in the forest, dark and deep. I offer you eternal sleep." - Unkown
Sidgreen01
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 119
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 5:53 AM Post #8
I'll say trick or treat inspired mine also the prettiness of all the leaves falling
Axiothea
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 13
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 7:37 AM Post #9

Mother of Autumn:
She once was a happy wood elf that frolicked in the meadows full of wild flowers and life during the long days of summer. One day she crossed an elderly lady with dry skin, her clothing looked like it was made with dead leaves and she was parched, she asked the young elf to fetch her some water. The silly girl ignored this sweet old lady's request as she continued to play and run her hands in the tall blades of grass. The old woman cackled loudly 'You will regret not helping me" she screamed after the girl. The elf got tired and decided to take a nap under a big willow tree, she drifted off into a fitful sleep and had a terrible nightmare, the old lady came to her and told her that she would be come a tree during the long days of summer. spring and winter and she will only return to her elf form for the days of autumn. She woke from her dream to find herself transformed into the willow she was sleeping under, she couldn't move, see but only hear; she screamed out when she realizes her nightmare came true. As she could hear footsteps approaching, she yelled 'please help!!'. Again she hear the old lady's cackle but she sounded younger, the now young woman said "You should have helped me, I hope you enjoy your new form...' Many seasons have passed, all she can hear is the birds chirping, people playing in the beautiful meadows; but she misses out on the beauty of the other seasons so for whole season of fall, she is miserable and always found with a scornful look on her face.
Edited By Axiothea on 10/24/2014 at 7:41 AM.
Nightoftheraven
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 37
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 9:40 AM Post #10

Natasha the Wailing Woman

Natasha was born in Chadan, Russia in the 1930s. She was the youngest daughter of a rather poor family. At the age of 19, Natasha disappeared after leaving home to visit a friend. The local police station sent out a citywide broadcast in attempt to find her but it was to no avail. After a week of searching only to turn up with nothing, the police withdrew the case as a priority. Without the help of the city police, Natasha's family also gave up the search in order for them to continue with work and schooling. Six months later, a body was found washed up on the riverbank. The city coroner was unable to identify the body and a small funeral was held for the "Jane Doe". Only one person showed up besides the funeral overseers; a pale, washed out woman in gray clothes. The body was buried underneath a white oak tree in St. Rosewood Cemetery.

Decades later, several reports of a screaming woman lurking in the cemetery are still under investigation. The most current report, by a Samuel Bonskoffski, describes his encounter with the woman:

"I was visiting the grave of my late sister when I heard this high-pitched cry. It sounded like someone in mourning, so I didn't think anything of it. It continued to get louder and louder until I was completely unnerved. I went to investigate the noise and found a woman crying at the base of a tree. She was an odd sight. Gray clothes and white skin, like someone from an old film. She had this shimmery aura about her that reminded me of the cheesy ghosts you see in movies. I asked her if she was okay, but she just continued to stare at me, her mouth open and painfully loud cries pouring out of it. Her eyes were so dull and lifeless that I was terrified by her. Unable to take her wails anymore, I ran."

Two days after filing the police report, Samuel Bonskoffski died in a car accident. People are now claiming the woman is an omen of death and despair.
Edited By Nightoftheraven on 10/30/2014 at 5:40 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.