Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Fall Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Silverscale576
Level 75
Fabled Ice Carver
Threads: 171
Posted: 11/25/2021 at 8:29 PM Post #41

Autumna, The Goddess of Autumn

Autumna, the Goddess of Autumn, is the lost daughter of Demeter and Zeus. She takes after her mother, in both looks and powers. Autumna left her parents at age 12, believing that she would be better without them (lol, the rebellious teen). Autumna soon learned that she couldn't live on her own and tried to come back to Demeter and Persephone (Autumna's sister) but they cast her down into the mortal realm. After a year of searching the mortal realm for a town, she found one. Tired, she stumbled into the town, begging for food and water. Most villagers turned her away, some in disgust, some in pity. However, one woman took pity on Autumna and lead her inside where she fed and watered the young goddess. Autumna asked if she could take a shower and the kind old lady agreed. After the shower, Autumna felt some of her powers returning so as a thank you gift she gave the sweet lady a handful of wildflowers. Apologizing that it wasn't much, she didn't notice the tears slipping down the womans face until in a hitchy voice she told Autumna that wildflowers were the last thing her wife had given her before she died of starvation. Autumna, worried she had offended the woman started apologizing profusely but the woman stopped her, telling her that she was crying happy tears. Autumna then asked the woman if she could stay, and look after the woman until the day her wife stepped down from heaven to welcome the woman into her loving arms. The woman accepted and Autumna stayed with her till the day the woman died.

(Lol, this was sucky)
Moonlarki
Level 75
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/27/2021 at 3:17 PM Post #42

Heronimia, Demon of Spirits and Fearsome Creatures

Theres an torn piece of old parchment - perhaps torn out of a book - in your pocket. Youre not quite sure how it had gotten there. Maybe someone had accidentally slipped it in somehow. The paper feels rough and thin, and rather fragile. Faded cursive is scribbled on it, reading:

A Study on Heronimia, Demon of Spirits and Foul Beasts

By Professors Merhiths, Yuvene, Hindergald, Naimiolhe

You scan the page. A few letters are scratched out, but it looks readable.

Many reports have been made of the fear - inducing demon named Heronimia, but none are accurate. We, the Professors Four, have written all our findings of this demon, with firsthand experience.

Day l - Prof. Yuvene is going to study where this demon usually wanders. She will be back in a day or two to report on her findings. I and the other professors are going to look for information on demons like Heronimia.

Day ll - Yuvene hasnt returned - well be expecting her tomorrow. We have noted in our studies on other demons that they normally like shadows, and have some way of keeping themselves hidden, so we can assume that Heronimia will be hard to spot and lurking in the shadows.

Day lll - Yuvene still hasnt returned. Prof. Naimiorhe will be off to search for her, and to try to learn a bit more about this demon.

Day llll - Naimiorhe has returned with news of Yuvenes death. The professor had Yuvenes remains in a bag. It seemed like she had been murdered by one of the demons beasts, or spirits. Naimiorhe told us that she had saw a figure fleeting from the scene, followed by a purple creature and ghosts. This is presumed to be Heronimia.

Day V - Hindergald seems to have been kidnapped. In his sleeping quarters, a message was scrawled on the wall, in what looked suspiciously like blood, and it read:

I am Heronimia.

A flash of yellow crossed our eyes, sending a shiver down our backs. It was most likely a spirit sent by the demon to scare us.

Day Vl - Hindergald came back, gasping for air, at precisely 6:36 in the morning. He informed us that one of Heronimias beasts had captured him, a lilac fox (possibly what Naimiorhe had saw), and left him in a dark forest filled with evil spirits. He had just barely made it out of there before Heronimia came, presumably to devour his soul. Apparently he had seen the same yellow flashes as we had, and they meant that Heronimia was out on the prowl for helpless souls.

You look up and realize that its already getting dark. Maybe you should head home

Before you can, a blinding yellow flash appears. You freeze. Its nothing, you tell yourself. Its just a silly old legend. She isnt rea-

A purple fox snatches you up and carries you to the nearest forest. A dark figure awaits, looking like the demon described in the page. No, she IS the demon. Heronimia smiles, sharp teeth showing, and calls upon her spirits.

-Good. I havent had a fresh kill in decades, not since that fool Yuvene.- She bares her teeth once more.

The demons spirits encase your body, and squeeze.

-I fooled everyone. They thought I was one of them? No.-

-I am Heronimia.-

(If you can figure out what she meant by that, then good job!)
(Also, why do apostrophes not show?!)
(Also also, why in the WORLD do my periods keep on disappearing?!)
Edited By Moonwatcher333 on 11/27/2021 at 6:53 PM.
Dreamfyre
Level 75
Omniscient Gardener
Threads: 30
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 12:56 AM Post #43

A chill wind blows through the cemetery. Crisp autumn leaves swirl in the air. You shiver and pull your coat tighter around you, one hand pushing your tangled hair back from your face. You wish you hadn't as your blood runs cold at the sight on the path ahead of you. The Necromancer chants an ancient rite from her Almanac.
Flickering candlelight casts shadows over her pale inhuman skin and dead, empty eyes. You're frozen as you hear the scrape of moving earth, the rustle of footsteps on leaves. With every ounce of willpower you can muster, you whirl around and start running. You stagger blindly through the dark forest, The Necromancer's low, mechanical laugh echoing in your ears as her Undead Army draws ever closer.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 9:05 PM Post #44

Eleanor the Bloody was once a noble woman whose greed knew no bounds. She committed numerous evil acts to obtain her desires. Yet there was one thing she could not seem to obtain - eternal life. This led her to the path of black magic to try to obtain what could not be bought or taken. Finally, she was able to summon a demon that was as hungry as she was. A pact was made but she was horrified to find herself now an undead. She is forever doomed to walk finding prey for the demon she's bound to.
Catnesia
Level 75
Premier Brewmaster
Threads: 3
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 10:51 PM Post #45

Kiyarine was as beautiful as she was vain, greedy, and selfish. She grew up being the center of attention; admirers never far from her reach. Because of this she often coveted things that were not hers. It wasn't too rare to find her pocketing someone else's ring she thought would look much better on her slender fingers, or a necklace that would look much better adorning her own petite neck.

It was this that finally sealed her fate. One day an old man carrying an intricately designed staff made with the most gorgeous of wood and painted to attract even the richest of eyes, inevitably drew her eye. It didn't take her long to hatch a plan to smuggle the staff away from him in the dead of night.

Things were going seemingly incredibly well and she couldn't believe her own luck as she laid her palm on the staff that night, her excitement growing. However the man awoke with a start and the two locked eyes, both frozen in surprise and alarm.

The man smiled, a dangerous glint in his eye. "Take it if you must, but I warn thee that to covet and steal the things of others never comes freely. You will end up paying a high cost."

She ignored him. He was an old man sputtering nonsense to keep her staff away from her. She grabbed and turned to leave, only to gasp in pain. Her...legs...they were growing and mutating. She bent over in pain, and felt things sprouting from her head. She screamed in terror and stumbled to grab the mirror that lay besides the old man.

No longer was she beautiful. She was a monster. A freak of nature. She looked at him, tears in her eyes. "Please, please! I don't want this!"

He smiled sadly. "This is how you look on the inside. Twisted and devoured by your own greed. You see only the things you wish to possess, and in the process you have hurt many. This is your price to pay." With that, the man vanished as if he had never existed.

To this day, there are whisperings that once there was only eternal summer, but then a monster appeared. Where she touches the land, things wither and die. She leaves nothing but the dead and dying behind. Some say she'd return to her original beautiful form and summer would once more spring forth permanently, if only she could bring herself to leave the staff behind.
Starsilver
Level 75
Threads: 6
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 10:52 PM Post #46

Araleth

Ae woke to the light of the swollen harvest moon shining through the trees, casting silver shadows onto snow and the scraping gray bars of the trees. Ae - did not remember who ae was, why ae was waking between the cradle of an oak and the frozen ground.

The name came slowly, piecemeal, as ae watched the moon sliding down, down, down below the branches, beneath the horizon. As the eye winked half-shut, Ara spun into aer mind. When there was only darkness, the second half came - Lef. Arrrleff. Aralef. Araleth. Araleth. Ae liked it. And that - ae could like things. Ae sat beneath the thin pinpricks of stars through the trees and thought on this until blue bled gold-pink.

...Ae did not think ae liked being alone.

Below aer, the earth began to turn. Something pulled itself up and out from the soft dirt, beneath the wet, clotted leaves. Ae watched, calm moreso because ae did not know how to not be calm.

Bones emerged, pale and aged and tinged with green-gold light. The skull tilted, tipped, appraising aer with blank sockets.

Ae reached out, bones and joints creaking, light starting to dapple across snow. The skull tipped into aer hand, bony neck articulating gracefully. The ribcage began to rattle, just a bit, and ae pulled aer hand back, suddenly startled, worried ae had done some damage. The creature followed, pressing more firmly against aer palm, and a quiet noise filled the snow-muffled forest. It was purring.

Ae stroked gently over the delicate planes of bone, rough wood-whorled fingers dragging just a little. It purred louder, tail lashing with pleasure.

No. Araleth did not like to be alone. It was good, then, that ae was not.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 11:24 PM Post #47
Death. A bleak thing one would come to believe in their given lifespans. We really give death a bad rap, calling them names such as the grim reaper and coming up with fearful devilish stories about such a person who would dare take the poor souls who have passed to another realm. We really should give Death a better story, a better name. Without death how would the souls who have passed make their way to another realm? Death is not a scary bleak dark thing, Death is a protector of those newly passed souls. Who would want to be alone in a time like that? Being sent to wander a path of dark mists and fogs - an all but impossible maze for one if they are alone. Death is the gatekeeper, the protector. Death is no monster, Death just wants to help us pass on and though we the mortal may despise them for it we would truly be worse off without their loving help and guidance.

Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 11:49 PM Post #48
The Chill
You're sitting down with your family and friends. Enjoying some hot cocoa outside. You are all by the fire. It's hot, the flames tickle your toes and warm you from the inside out. Everything is nice and warm...
"Gasp!", you tense up quickly.
You feel an overwhelming feeling come over you. A small tingle starting in your toes starts rolling up your entire body. Your whole body shivers as a tide of cold rushes over you. You can't stop it, it rolls over your spine.
"When will it end?", your friend looks at you concerned.
Then as fast as it happened, it leaves. The warmth comes back, and you sigh in relief.
"Are you alright?", your friend asks.
"Yeah, it was just a chill."
You both laugh, and continue to enjoy the evening. You can't help but wonder where it came from. It bothers you a little. What if it was something else?
"No, it's nothing. Just, a chill.", you tell yourself, reassuringly.

Edited By Malas120 on 11/28/2021 at 11:55 PM.
Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 11/28/2021 at 11:52 PM Post #49

Come down, wander 'way to my shore
Let rest your burdens, and admire my livery
For I beg thy heart and need you more
Lyubov moya, pridi ko mne

Join me 'neath these waters
Peace be yours at last
With joy I fill my coffers
and what is given is what is asked

Heavy is my dowry and low is my price
With pearls and ripples in my embrace
Where ne'er shall you feel struggles' vice
But yield your heart to my serene grace

Slip 'neath the surface to see my gown
My hair is dark as midnight
Such beauty would let sense drown
To glimpse skin burnt with moonlight

Notes:
Whew, just got this finished. The actual image is my best attempt at creating a Rusalka with the avi items available on the site (crown of bones when???). Rusalki are a creatures from Russian/slavic folklore - river nymphs who lure men into the water to drown/eat them. Vampire-y mermaids seemed spooky enough for me lol.

Avi specific notes:
Rusalka images I could find usually portrayed them wearing thin, pale/white-ish gowns (makes sense, who wants to swim in a full ballgown). I found equal amounts of dark hair/light hair, but went with dark for contrast against the pale skin. The betta fins and kelp/vine strands are more for aesthetic than mythological accuracy, but I thought they added a nice sense of atmosphere. Rusalki were also associated with a lot of woodland/forest spirits in mythos, so picked the "forest guardian" held. Rusalki are technically freshwater spirits, but I couldn't resist the deep sea with the monster fish hanging out in the back.

Poem/song notes:
I don't think Rusalki actually sing to lure people the way sirens do in Greek mythos, but it seemed an appropriate vibe for them. "Lyubov moya, pridi ko mne" is a Russian phrase meaning "Come to me my love", and a HUGE thank you to Typhlosion for helping with both transliterating + pronouncing it. "Mne" roughly rhymes with the ending to "livery", though it's not exact.
GhostPirate
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 62
Posted: 11/29/2021 at 5:56 AM Post #50
drowned in the cold depths of the sea

(reusing my summer submission because i love it ;-;)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.