Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Week of Love - Create a Sylestia Va...
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 8:39 PM Post #41
Yay, I managed to complete this just hours before the deadline! ...I get too ambitious with this stuff. Anyway, fair warning, I have a ton of pictures.

"True Luff"

(Please click for a larger picture!)

Here's the sketch! I was really happy with this design.

And are the materials!

Alongside the embroidery work, I'm also knitting a lace trim with a heart pattern. I wanted to go the extra mile with this, but it sure took a while to get enough lace!

Transferred the design to fabric with a gel pen and a lit electronic device behind it so I could see the lines. XD

Here we go! First thread put onto fabric. I'm doing this entirely by hand, by the way. Just thread and a needle!

Heh, she's a calico Luff at this point.

The first tail! The tails went quickly because the stitches were bigger and spaced loosely. I starting running out of time, though, and rushed them a bit.

I completed the Luffs! Hurrah! I love how the color transitions turned out.

Here they are freed from the hoop! I also added a couple of heart accents.

More lace. The finished project doesn't show the pattern too well, unfortunately.

With the lace finally finished (just today), the embroidery is ready to be made into its final form!

Something about the sewing made the lace not sit right. Not sure if it was the stretch or the curve, but pulling on the lace and stretching it out helped somewhat.

And here's another good close shot!

All in all, I really liked working on this. I haven't done much of this kind of embroidery, but I should try it again some time!

I was planning to embroider the words "True Luff" on the back, but I ran out of time. Besides, it's a bit cheesy. XD
Edited By Anemochory on 3/3/2021 at 10:24 PM.
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 9:23 PM Post #42
So my brain finally... finally decided to work with me and I could get this done.

I went with a nyte theme since they're my favorite species. ^-^

I actually had painted the base color for the canvases before I remembered to take pictures. Lol

Next I got the heart silhouette painted in, then started on the nyte silhouettes.

Heart and nyte silhouettes done~ Now to add the words. ^-^

I actually wanted to go with a different phrase but when I looked at others' work, I saw that Ois had done the one I was thinking of. So went with this one. I like it just as much~

And that's it! I'm gonna have to make more like this pair. I really liked the outcome. :D
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 9:44 PM Post #43
I know this isn't all that good of a drawing but I decided to do a Ferrikki with a heart gem held by her tail.

The first picture is hard to see but I tried doing something of a light sketch first.

Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 10:46 PM Post #44
This is too many pictures, but most of them are of the completed valentine to try to show it better...
(Warning! These images will self destruct in about 2 weeks.)

In case the text is not visible to some, it says "When Love takes flight, I fall for you". I can't do video so I propped it up on the couch to try to emulate the motion in still shots so that you could get the idea better. The premise is that you put the Aurleons at the top and they slide down the spirals until they meet in the middle with a kiss. ^w^ I don't think I got a very good photo of the kiss, even when I moved to the counter where the light was better... You can also push them up from the bottom to make them take flight and rise up to meet Love head on. ;3 The last image is as close-up of the Aurleons as I could get to try to show the details on them better.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 11:06 PM Post #45
Here is my Week of Love Sylestian Valentine~

For this, I used paper, ink and an ink pen. It's been awhile since I've done it, but it was a lot of fun~

Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 11:35 PM Post #46
Finished just in time, Whew. Image heavy post coming up, as a warning :P
So, I decided to test my cake skills for this.

First step was making the actual cakes (duh) - tested a few recipes before deciding on this one.

Made the fillings/frostings next - in order swiss buttercream, cream cheese frosting, frangipane and raspberry sauce (my phone likes to mess color up, I swear the frostings only LOOK like popcorn xD)

It was here that I decided to be unnecessarily complicated, and make macarons (but Ael, how will that work? This is a question I answered myself tonight while decorating xD so wait and see)

Next came shaping the cake layers. (The black is gel food dye I put on a toothpick to trace the heart, not sharpie I promise!)

Had to fill the cake layers.

I wanted to make a card to present the cake with, so I traced out an idea for that (so out of practice with hand lettering >_<)

Began adding it to the final paper

Finished stenciling with pencil (hard to see sorry D:)

It was here that I went into panic mode to finish, so final two pictures of the valentine to follow:
(the candy says "jolly rancher" on it)

The rikkis and eggs were half traced/half free hand from the site images - orbs on the upper page are entirely freehand. (if you can't read it card says "Wishing you a sweet valentine's day| because . . . I love you so ferrik-ing much) It's a horrible pun and I'm very proud of it xD

The cake is about half a foot tall, I'll find out how it tastes tomorrow lol. Flavors are lemon, raspberry and almond.

Some bonus pics with close ups of the card and cake:

(side macarons were removed after the first pictures lol)

Final pic of my Very Important Baking Assistant, who was screaming at me the entire time I spent writing this post.

Happy Week of Love Sylestia!!!
Edited By Aelingalathynius on 3/3/2021 at 11:57 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/8/2021 at 5:13 PM Post #47
Thank you to everyone who participated! Again, you all made it exceptionally hard to choose the final winners. We really appreciate all of the effort everyone puts forth on their submissions!

1st Place

Prizes: 2,000 , Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x6

Anemochory

Lostwords13

2nd Place

Prizes: 1,000 , Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x4

Aelingalathynius

PhilosopherKing

3rd Place

Prizes: 500 , Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x2

Percypjopiper

TwinArmageddons

WingsOfAmber

All Participants
With valid submissions

Prizes: Title: Cutely Creative, [Week of Love Themed Pet] x1, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x6
Edited By Krinadon on 3/8/2021 at 5:14 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.