Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Week of Love - Create a Sylestia Va...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Go to Page:
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 2/11/2021 at 11:59 PM
Create a Sylestia Valentine
No Reserving Posts
1. You must create a Sylestia themed Valentine using real life arts and crafts. Any types of materials may be used as long as your finished item is Sylestia themed and resembles a Valentine.
2. You must provide at least 3 progress pictures of the creation of your Valentine. Each picture must include your Sylestia Username and the Date. You must upload your pictures to an image uploading site, such as http://imgur.com. Failing to follow this rule will automatically disqualify your entry.
3. In order to qualify as an entry, the entry must look like it actually required effort. Please do not just throw something together in 5 minutes with the goal of just simply earning the Participation Prizes. Faiona and I will be the sole judges of what we deem to qualify or not. We obviously are not going to be judging on skill for this part so as long as you actually put forth effort to make something, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. We just want to see everyone who participates put forth some effort as we feel that makes the Prizes fair to everyone. =)
A Player Guide on How to Upload Images
4. You must submit your own entry. You cannot share an entry with other Players. You can, however, work together with other players on your own entries. You just have to of been the one to make it and the one to submit it.
5. The due date for submitting your entry is by the end of the 2021 Week of Love Event.
There will be prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. All entries will be judged and the winners will be selected by the Admins.
There will be a Participation Prize as well.
Here is an example of a winning entry from a previous contest:
Have fun and enjoy!
Thank you to everyone who participated! Again, you all made it exceptionally hard to choose the final winners. We really appreciate all of the effort everyone puts forth on their submissions!
Prizes:2,000 , Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x6
Prizes:1,000 , Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x4
Prizes:500 , Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Week of Love Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x2
All Participants With valid submissions
Prizes:Title: Cutely Creative, [Week of Love Themed Pet] x1, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x6
Edited By Krinadon on 3/8/2021 at 5:15 PM.
Posted: 2/12/2021 at 12:20 AM
I know by real life arts and crafts you mean physical materials, but digital art is my life ;-; and I really wish I could use my very hard earned skill for this art contest, because I know I would put as much effort into it as any baking or physical craft, and I could provide a time lapse replay of the paint process too...
Posted: 2/12/2021 at 12:52 AM
Ooh herm i will have to try this. I have ideas xD rarely do they turn out as good irl as in my head though
Posted: 2/12/2021 at 3:56 AM
Um, do you mean using "Physical Items" for real life arts & crafts? Or, can that be a mix of a drawing done in real life and/or using a art program, with proofs of everything done along the way?
I ask because although I might, and that's a very big might, be able to draw up my line-art by hand. But, even then, I'd have to do all of the original coloring and all visual effects on my PC, within my art program. All of those effects, like shading, highlights, and personalized layers like adding traits are created separately by myself. I even, usually, have to do my line-arts in a art program, even though I hate to have to do so. And, of course, anything created always has proofs upon proofs of everything I've done, making my entire folder for each piece an absolute mess. This is because I have severe tendonitis and nerve damage in my left hand in real life and I cannot draw hardly anything physically anymore and even struggle with filling out paperwork due to that. So, almost all of my art, save for very few crafts, is done on my pc, within my art program while using my right hand. I even type and do my writing on the pc, using one-hand with my right hand due to this. That includes anything from stories, to RP, blogs, ect. ._.
Am not asking for you to make an exception to this rule. But, I'm merely inquiring about said rule due to this. Even if I was able to do a Valentine with my given abilities of using the PC, I'm not currently sure if I'd be able to finish in time as I'm known to spend days and days on getting it to look perfect due to my own preferences and that takes longer for me to do so than if I could just draw something up and color it real quick.
Edited By Midnightwolf001 on 2/12/2021 at 3:59 AM.
Posted: 2/12/2021 at 5:44 AM
I had I question but I figured it out
Edited By Aquadragon8 on 2/12/2021 at 5:49 AM.
Posted: 2/12/2021 at 7:50 AM
Trys to think of how i can make cosplay work for this because cosplay is my life
Posted: 2/12/2021 at 10:16 AM
Do I post all the pictures in one post or all of them sepratly?