Page 31 1, 2, 3... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/2/2021 at 12:01 AM Post #301
(Perhaps, perhaps xP)
(Also, here's a sort of tip: not everything out of the ordinary necessarily has to do directly with the main point of the RPG. In some cases, yeah, some things might lead to you learning more about it in a roundabout way if you figure out more about them, but realistically, not everything will be relevant- especially considering this is a fantasy world, plus most things aren't affected by the reset at all. So don't be immediately assume anything you find/people you meet hold clues to what's going on, I could be throwing them your way to distract you, or just to be realistic xP)
(For example, the book you just found? It could have just happened to be left by someone who was researching 'undead deer' and have nothing to do the end of the world at all. Not confirming or denying anything, though!)
(Then again, you could just be being humorous/that's your character's approach, and it's completely flying over my head because I'm an idiot. If so, um, oops xD)

The cookbook, shockingly, does not contain any indication of undead deer, unless the one or two recipes for venison dishes actually resurrect the deer rather than cooking them. Looking for an undead deer yourself seems like it could be (possibly extremely) dangerous, if the notes of the book's previous owner are anything to go by, but it's up to you.
You hear the heavy library door swing open at the other end of the room, and you catch a glimpse of a man with a long nose - at least, that's what you think you saw- walk in, though you can't see anything else, as he's quickly blocked from your vision by the librarian's desk.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/2/2021 at 2:15 PM Post #302
"Don't say I'm here- oh, gumdrops," mutters the girl, except she says something a lot worse than 'gumdrops'.
"We've received a report that someone has been-" the officer glances at a scroll in his hand- "disrupting order by forcefully attacking and threatening library staff with heavy books, as well as vandalizing and damaging library material- wait, what did you say about a friend?"
The girl rolls her eyes and slowly backs away from the officers, who still can't see her, although she doesn't seem as fazed as one might expect. "You feel like being arrested today or nah?"
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/2/2021 at 2:26 PM Post #303
(Lol that is a mood, except I would have taken half an hour to write it and then forget to save)
(Man, imagine being called a disgusting feral beast by the person writing you)
(Also, I have never wheezed harder, so... I don't think you overdid it xD)

The office is completely empty, and no one responds to your battle cry. Or, possibly, your mentor is hiding and about to throw you a surprise party, but you're pretty sure it's neither your birthday nor April Fool's Day. Lying on the desk is a note in your mentor's casual scribbly handwriting, as opposed to the neat print he usually reserves for more formal documents such as letters and paperwork- the latter of which is lying in semi-neat piles next to the note. He clearly does not consider you worthy of such formalities.

(Rest of the office description is up to you)
Edited By Larkien on 4/2/2021 at 2:29 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/2/2021 at 5:25 PM Post #304
You wait at the shelf, but the shop keeper doesn't come back out to the counter. You continue hearing him rummaging around or whatever he's doing in the back room for several minutes, which gives way to a couple of creaks, but then the back room falls completely silent and he still doesn't return.
Edited By Larkien on 4/2/2021 at 5:25 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/2/2021 at 5:34 PM Post #305
She looks up at you. "Are we going to go back now? If you're done here, I mean, we can start experimenting right away. ... The faster the better, right? Or do you want to look for more books on tracking magic or something?"
Kittyauthor
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/3/2021 at 9:37 AM Post #306
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=31#301
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 4/2/2021 at 12:01 AM
(Perhaps, perhaps xP)
(Also, here's a sort of tip: not everything out of the ordinary necessarily has to do directly with the main point of the RPG. In some cases, yeah, some things might lead to you learning more about it in a roundabout way if you figure out more about them, but realistically, not everything will be relevant- especially considering this is a fantasy world, plus most things aren't affected by the reset at all. So don't be immediately assume anything you find/people you meet hold clues to what's going on, I could be throwing them your way to distract you, or just to be realistic xP)
(For example, the book you just found? It could have just happened to be left by someone who was researching 'undead deer' and have nothing to do the end of the world at all. Not confirming or denying anything, though!)
(Then again, you could just be being humorous/that's your character's approach, and it's completely flying over my head because I'm an idiot. If so, um, oops xD)

The cookbook, shockingly, does not contain any indication of undead deer, unless the one or two recipes for venison dishes actually resurrect the deer rather than cooking them. Looking for an undead deer yourself seems like it could be (possibly extremely) dangerous, if the notes of the book's previous owner are anything to go by, but it's up to you.
You hear the heavy library door swing open at the other end of the room, and you catch a glimpse of a man with a long nose - at least, that's what you think you saw- walk in, though you can't see anything else, as he's quickly blocked from your vision by the librarian's desk.

(I'm both having fun and that's my character's approach. Rule of Funny :) )

I sigh and put down the cookbook. It was worth a shot. But, then, I see the man with a long nose enter the library and disappear from my sight from behind the desk. Oh well, what the uryy. Might as well see what's going on. Maybe try and explain my situation to him? Grabbing both books I had, I walk towards the desk to see if he is still around. I really hope I'm not doing anything stupid.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/3/2021 at 2:36 PM Post #307
(I had to look up the Rule of Funny, I should be sued)

He's still there, talking to the librarian, he'd just been blocked from your previous point of view. As you approach, you catch a bit of his conversation with the librarian.
"-I do hope you have it, wouldn't want it to be missing." His voice can only be described as oily and perhaps a little sly, though with an undertone of something like admonition.
The librarian looks like she's not sure whether to act charmed or be intimidated. "Well, I can't promise anything, but can you give me, er, a description of it?"
"Of course, I'm sure it would be easily confused, seeing as this entire place is full of books," he chuckles, then frowns for a split second like he's trying to remember something. "It should be quite a bit more old than some of the ones in this, ah, collection. Quite simple, too, no embellishments, enchantments on covers are quite easily disrupted, after all-" he breaks off when he catches sight of you.

(Except with like a Pinocchio nose because that's all the rage these days, and dressed fancier)
Edited By Larkien on 4/3/2021 at 5:12 PM.
Kittyauthor
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 4/3/2021 at 3:26 PM Post #308
(Nah, not sued. I just live in the odd corners of the interwebs. :P)

(Also, ping for self (sorry, Lark, I had to respond before the explanation went away) so I can answer while making a coffee chicken in Stardew Valley after supper.)
Kittyauthor
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 4/3/2021 at 7:23 PM Post #309
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=31#307
Time Posted: 4/3/2021 at 2:36 PM
(I had to look up the Rule of Funny, I should be sued)

He's still there, talking to the librarian, he'd just been blocked from your previous point of view. As you approach, you catch a bit of his conversation with the librarian.
"-I do hope you have it, wouldn't want it to be missing." His voice can only be described as oily and perhaps a little sly, though with an undertone of something like admonition.
The librarian looks like she's not sure whether to act charmed or be intimidated. "Well, I can't promise anything, but can you give me, er, a description of it?"
"Of course, I'm sure it would be easily confused, seeing as this entire place is full of books," he chuckles, then frowns for a split second like he's trying to remember something. "It should be quite a bit more old than some of the ones in this, ah, collection. Quite simple, too, no embellishments, enchantments on covers are quite easily disrupted, after all-" he breaks off when he catches sight of you.

(Except with like a Pinocchio nose because that's all the rage these days, and dressed fancier)

Oh, the book I have. I looked at the worn cover, the not at all embellished spine, the heft of it and the cookbook combine.

Should I give it back though? I mean, it's best thing to do, but what if the undead deer was useful? What if it knew how to fix the end? I swallow my spit and walk up to the man. "Uh, hi, were you looking for this?" I showed him the book. "I found it and the librarian said I could keep it, but you appear to be missing it, so you should have it back."
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 1:53 PM Post #310
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=31#302
Time Posted: 4/2/2021 at 2:15 PM
"Don't say I'm here- oh, gumdrops," mutters the girl, except she says something a lot worse than 'gumdrops'.
"We've received a report that someone has been-" the officer glances at a scroll in his hand- "disrupting order by forcefully attacking and threatening library staff with heavy books, as well as vandalizing and damaging library material- wait, what did you say about a friend?"
The girl rolls her eyes and slowly backs away from the officers, who still can't see her, although she doesn't seem as fazed as one might expect. "You feel like being arrested today or nah?"

"Hey, I like keeping things orderly. I'd never damage library porperty on purpose, I"m not that rich anyways and I would never be able to pay it off. I was helping a friend find some books for some research we're doing and they fell on the floor when we were getting stuff off the lower shelves. Now can I go back to helping her? This research project of ours isn't getting done on it's own and I'd like to have it mostly done sometime today." The lies slip off Eleni's tougnue, and she prays to high heaven that they buy it. Rule #1 of forming a good story on the spot: Roll with it and don't backtrack.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.