Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 2/1/2021 at 11:32 AM Post #1

The Eleventh Hour
A Mystery + Adventure + Fantasy RPG
Hh I'm back even though I never left

Closed
Skylarky, Mystiria827, Lovador, Mossflight2, Orcastration, Noha, Whiterosealliance, Kittyauthor

Waiting List
-

~~~

Fantasia's name has long been synonymous with endless possibility, especially to those from faraway lands. It's sometimes even called the City of Dreams, for its technological and magical marvels are more enough to make one think they're witnessing a fantastical miracle.
And the morning of November 12th, it was all that and more - a place where the opportunities for life and invention seemed endless, and the future was only brightening.
Where- how- did everything go wrong?
Between one moment and the next, the sky went dark and the world literally fell apart, as reality itself began to fragment and shatter, disrupting the laws of perception.
By the time any help could've been expected to arrive from elsewhere, even if anything could've been done at all, Fantasia had already been reduced to nothing but a smudge on the map, swallowed by the void in less than an hour.

But the terror didn't end the way you expected it to.
Somehow, you woke up on the morning of November 11th, just over twenty-four hours before everything had come crashing down. And everything was, strangely, just the way ot had been...
For reasons you don't understand, you've been given another chance to make a difference, or to even fix it all, if you think you can.
But be careful - you're not the only one with the knowledge of the reset, some who are determined to ensure it falls for good.

~~~

Since I didn't quite manage to make it clear, the day will continue to repeatedly progress to the End and then restart again unless you do something.
Obviously, much of the game revolves around this "reset" mechanic, and you're guaranteed to have to use it at some points. However, how much more you use it than absolutely necessary can vary depending on your own choices and how you go about the game.
For the sake of both of our peaces of mind, no, this is not going to lead to confusing alternate timelines and time travel things, but besides that, well... let's just say that things can and will change ;D
There are other ways for the timeline to reset besides waiting until the End, but not all of them work reliably. And not even waiting for the apocalypse is reliable all the time. Shocking.
Besides that, it's all up to you and your decisions, and the rest is left to discovery.

~~~

Table of Contents
Meh I'll add it later

~~~

None of the images used in this thread are mine.
Please note that this RPG takes place in a fantasy steampunk setting in another universe. It is not modern-day, and thus modern things like electronics do not exist. See the Locations post for more information.

~~~
Edited By Skylarky on 5/9/2021 at 1:01 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:26 PM Post #2

Rules + Other Info

Rules
Obviously, this is not an extremely comprehensive list of every single rule I can think of, but you should be able to use your common sense for everything else xD I have the right to kick/ban/reject signups for anyone if they do not comply with the rules. I may also change/add rules if a problem occurs with the current ones, but they will either be small changes or I will notify everyone in danger of breaking them.

1. Narrator's word is law. Basically, in the end I have final say in what happens within the RPG. You're welcome to politely contest things I decided happened if you don't agree/think it doesn't make logical sense, but please don't scream at me like "NUH-UH, BILLY TOTALLY SURVIVED LOL GET REKT!"

2. No godmodding/powerplaying. At the base of it, you only have control over your character's thoughts and actions- you are not allowed to make plot happen, e.g. timeskips, other characters, visual details, and you cannot guarantee certain outcomes of your actions, such as dodging something.

3. No Mary Sues/OP/etc. characters. Nope. (If you don't know what that is, think characters that are unrealistically talented, beautiful, loved by everyone, etc.)

4. Please try to let me know if you're going to be inactive for more than three weeks. After the first and second week have passed, I'll ping you with a reminder. If you do not reply to either check (whether that be to inform me of further inactivity or to actually reply) I will automatically remove you from the RPG after the third week (though I'm generally more lax on inactivity if there isn't a waiting list). It would also be nice if you included a quote by your character in the other section of the form. If you would like to leave the RPG at any time, please let me know. The same goes for reserved spots- let me know if you need more than three weeks to sign up for whatever reason or your reserve will be void.

5. Stay in character if you can, don't have a shy character suddenly becoming the life of the party or a non-athletic character immediately take to swordfighting.

6. Please quote or bold my last reply to you and ping me in your response.

7. Try to write more than a sentence in your reply, and preferably include an action unless you're trying to hold a conversation. This is something we're both writing after all so creativity and descriptive replies are encouraged as it's more fun for both of us. And on that note, narrators usually like it when you hint at your own character's ambitions, backstory, random ideas, etc. - that's all your territory and it's good fun, just be careful not to stray into godmodding-ness (see rule 2) :D

8. Let me know if there's anything I missed, if I somehow forgot to reply (usually doesn't happen tbh), to ask a question/clarification, or any other requests. Have fun!

~~~

Other Info
- Yes, this RPG might contain darker themes, e.g. character death, painful suffering, etc. everything will be PG-13, though, I own't go into graphic descriptions of anything. And there'll probably be comedic points in case you're feeling too angsty.

- Clearly, your character can die. Due to the nature of this RPG, that can get fixed, but in some cases, it can be permanent. That probably won't happen too much unless you manage to do multiple extremely stupid things (or you break a ton of rules, in which case I will happily and unnaturally do so), though.

- This RPG has a large mystery and problem solving aspect, so you're expected to try to figure out things and solve problems on your own as opposed to being entirely driven by the plot. (Although I might nudge you in the right direction if you're utterly clueless as to how to go about solving something.) It's worth nothing that there's a pretty complex storyline you're meant to piece together, so remember details you think might be important and keep in mind any major discoveries you make.

- This RPG will be single-player, because multiplayer interactions would sadly mess up the storyline and be really confusing xD

- Important information you've discovered will be listed on your character post so that you don't have to ask for recaps or write down too many things yourself, but try not to look at anyone else's because it may ruin the game for you.

- If anyone hangs around long enough (doubtful?) there may be a very confusing ending, though the details will vary based on what you have chosen.

- Aaand that's enough hints for now. Good luck! :D
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:28 PM Post #3

Sign-Ups

I can be picky about forms, but you should be good as long as you don't give me something horrendously out of whack or underwritten.
Please delete things in parentheses.
Posting on this thread is fine xD

Name

Age (16+ preferably)

Species (human/humanoid, you can make your own or be a hybrid or something within reason, but I decide your limitations/benefits)

Alignment (see alignments)

Appearance (Image or detailed description)

Personality

Backstory (include what you were doing that day)

Likes (3+)

Dislikes (3+)

Fears

Worst Flaw (please make it reasonable)

Theme/Color Scheme (for fun xD, ex. feathers, purple and blue)

Other

~~~

Yes you may reserve spots now go eat an apple
Edited By Larkien on 2/7/2021 at 11:43 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:28 PM Post #4

Characters Met
Question marks are an indication of name length ;)

??????
#6db2b7

feat. coat and hat
Male | ~mid-20s? | Looks human but seems slightly not? | ??

Probably knows something you don't. Encountered by Mystiria827

~~~

Siara
#bf8d47

feat. bag-satchel thingy
Female | 16 | ? | ??

Looking for someone who might be her brother, or a seal. Knows an unusual amount about enchanting. Apparently lives in the ocean. Encountered by Mystiria827

~~~

????????
#b50f04

Female | ? | ? | ??

Doing something with library books and smacking anyone who dares to disrupt her in the head with one. Encountered by Orca the Porka

~~~

Carter
#d6a23a

Male | Can't tell too well | Probably halfling-y | Neutral Good

Sells newspapers, apparently. Encountered by Kitty

~~~

?????
#2b2c40

Male | ?? | Something with a long nose | ???

Encountered by Kitty
Edited By Larkien on 4/12/2021 at 1:12 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:28 PM Post #5

I don't want to go into a rant about the universe it's set in, but let's just say that Fantasia is one of many "worlds" sorta floating in the void that can be traveled between.
Fantasia seems to be futuristic to many other people in this universe, but more in the sense of mechanical contraptions and machines (not electronics-wise). It is not a modern city, but rather an entirely different, unrelated fantastical place.
It's also worth noting that Fantasia is on the smaller end of world sizes, which is why so much of it is city. But please don't be misled, the whole world is not entirely a city, the city is just the main part. Undeveloped nature in this world comes in the form of what is called the Outlands, though no part of this world is entirely untouched by civilization (since it's so small).

Locations Discovered

Downtown Fantasia

The largest part of Fantasia and generally what people perceive to be Fantasia in general. Just about everything, work, most shops, factories, universities, etc, is here. As such, it's often pretty busy. It's surrounded on all sides by the Fringes sector of Fantasia, and it can take a few hours to walk from one side to the other, more or less with traffic.

Library of Fantasia

The largest public library in Fantasia. Has three floors and books on just about anything you'd ever want to read about. Well, almost anything. Doesn't get as many visitors as some of the businesses near it, but that just makes it a reliable spot for peace and quiet on a busy day.

~~~

Fringes

Surrounds the "downtown" on all sides. Most people live here, as it's much more quiet (though not as dark as the picture lol), mostly apartments, markets, inns, etc. Walking from the inner edge straight to the outer takes around half an hour. At the eastern end the amount of establishments and civilization dwindles into an unpaved path/field that drops off into a cliff, the west end gives way to the Outlands.

~~~

Outlands

Probably the smallest area of Fantasia (though wider than the Fringes). It's not entirely wild per se, just less "civilized" than most of Fantasia. Some of the more nature-oriented humanoids like to hang around here. At the west edge of the Outlands is the coast. It takes a bit less than an hour to walk across the Outlands from the coast to the Fringes.

The Lighthouse

An abandoned lighthouse found at the edge of the Outlands, at the coast. Popularly believed to be haunted due to numerous tales of mysterious happenings. It is unknown when it was built. Despite the rumors surrounding it, it's not often visited due to it being so far out of the way. Strangely enough, major ships have never been known to sail Fantasia's ocean, nor has there ever been a port nearby, so there's no reason to have a lighthouse.

~~~
Edited By Larkien on 3/6/2021 at 5:50 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:29 PM Post #6
Edited By Larkien on 2/5/2021 at 6:36 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:29 PM Post #7
Edited By Larkien on 2/5/2021 at 6:37 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:29 PM Post #8
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:29 PM Post #9
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/5/2021 at 6:29 PM Post #10
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 33, 34, 35
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.