Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 11:55 AM Post #281
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=28#280
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 3/16/2021 at 11:24 AM
The store owner is the one arguing.
The other person notices you asking them and throws their hands up in exasperation. "I'll settle this later," they shout over their shoulder as they storm out.
The store owner wipes their forehead in relief, then hurriedly composes themself and turns to you. "Sorry about that, can I help you?"

"Oh uhh, yeah, hi, umm" Evan replied, a bit baffled on the store keepers quick recomposer "I was wondering if you had any soup?"
Lovador
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 2:59 PM Post #282
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=25#243
Time Posted: 3/5/2021 at 7:15 PM
You flip the page, somewhat expecting more on the topic, but that just appears to be the end of the section on that particular occurrence. You can close the book now, pick up another book, or read another section of the book if you wish.

Selena decided to read another section from the book.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/18/2021 at 1:21 PM Post #283
"A multiverse? Now that's a possibility, " she mutters. "I mean, surely, even if you're the weird girl, you aren't going crazy. As for telling anyone, well, I suppose it doesn't matter in the end but I'd prefer no one else gets in my way," she says cryptically, gesturing at the conked-out library aide. "Well, it's possible that it would matter, but I haven't quite fig-"
She's cut off by some sort of commotion downstairs, you can't tell exactly what's going on, but there's some people talking in loud voices, unusual mostly because, well, you're in a library.
Edited By Larkien on 3/18/2021 at 1:25 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 3/18/2021 at 1:45 PM Post #284
"Huh thats weird." Eleni mentions about the noise, going to investigate. "Wonder whats happening..."
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/18/2021 at 2:06 PM Post #285
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=28#274
Time Posted: 3/12/2021 at 8:37 PM
They can be, but they've got variation in style and type just like any other objects, depending on the crafter, price, and whatnot. Ones that are meant to have magic of the more showy type usually reflect that, but it's still up to the crafter/price the commissioner is paying for how much they want to embellish on top of the bare minimum. In addition, some of them may have more complicated materials concealed within them, or are purposefully downplayed, so you can never really be too certain.
Then again, if this Sir Gallio Torsney cares to give away a magical item, even if he's rich enough to have a whole collection, the item is still bound to be on the cheaper, and therefore less fancy, side. So again, it makes sense.

Read the other placards or do something else?

(Clarification because words are hard: magic doesn't automatically make things fancy looking, it's basically just putting materials together in a certain way. If it's more magicky, people might want to also make it appear more fancy to reflect that, but it doesn't have to be. Plus people might not want to do that so it doesn't get stolen or so it can be like a secret weapon or something. And of course the more ornate the actual craft, the more money it's going to take on top of it being magical, so they might forego the fancy appearance in favor of practicality/affordability.)

I take a look at some of the other placards, but I could easily be swayed from this is something more important at hand.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/18/2021 at 3:03 PM Post #286
The book does not open and your finger just sort of glances off the edge of the page you meant to open to, as if the pages are glued shut. After some trying, you find that aside from the front and back covers, the book only opens to a different page in the middle of the book. Strangely, only the left side has text, the entirety of the right side is blacked out with a faintly iridescent substance. In addition to the text on the left side, there's a scribbled commentary and other notes in the margins, written in rushed but readable handwriting, as well as underlines and other markings, some just looking like doodles (mostly of some sort of deer creature) or mindless scribbles, but others that are probably meaningful. There's a suspicious brown stain in the corner that could be either tea or blood, you're not really sure, but it's pretty clear this page was well read.

(Annotations in parentheses)
/is a creature of considerable power (would definitely benefit from clarification), rumored to rend the souls of anyone unfortunate enough to even touch its antlers (overstatement), and leave a path of decay in its wake (confirmed tracking possibility | Trial 1: broke all natural items in the room). There is no doubt that any magical creations based from it would be incredibly powerful, as it is likely aligned with life or death (confirmed). However, it is unknown exactly what properties would be possessed by the creation (Trial 2: reformed from existing parts). Not to mention, of course, that experimentation on ingredients with such alignments is illegal (oops). In addition, only the gods know what would happen if such a creature were to be slain (does that make me a god then?), so even acquiring such ingredients would be extremely dangerous (also confirmed) and a large risk. (Note: Ingredients no longer in my possession) Rumors of the (must remember to/

Edited By Larkien on 3/18/2021 at 7:51 PM.
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 3/18/2021 at 8:41 PM Post #287
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=23#224
Time Posted: 2/28/2021 at 11:37 AM
(What is with people in this RPG and researching weird history
Also btw it happened on the 12th but you wake up a day berore that)

It had been a pretty regular day as far as it went. You'd just returned from the library when the urge to draw something struck you, and you had one foot out the door when it began. The first thing you noticed was that the books on the table were... flickering? Then they vanished completely, leaving only the void behind, as if it and everything around it were actually a 2-D image that had burned out.
You heard a faint sizzle over your head to see the doorframe above your head disappewring similarly, and this time the black rushed down, engulfing you in seconds...
The next thing you know, you wake up in your bed, and everything is once again perfectly normal. Everything about what just happened makes it seem like it had to have been a dream, but it sure doesn't feel that way from what you remember...

What will you do?

"That was... mildly alarming," I mutter to myself. I hurriedly get out of bed and make my way to the door, tapping the doorframe lightly. Upon noticing nothing out of the ordinary, I decide to go out and see if my friends are up to anything interesting, and if they also had the disturbingly realistic dream.

Before heading outside, I check if I'd missed anything, my gaze skimming over the room. My sketchbook, an eraser, and a pencil lay on the table, near where the books in my dream had been. I grab all three, dropping the pencil and eraser in my pocket. I check my watch before I go, and my eye catches on the date. It reads November 11th, but yesterday was November 12th, was it not? One more thing to ask my friends, I guess.

I sigh - this day is just getting stranger and stranger. Tucking my sketchbook beneath my arm, I open the door and head outside.
Kittyauthor
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/20/2021 at 9:05 PM Post #288
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96409&page=29#286
Time Posted: 3/18/2021 at 3:03 PM
The book does not open and your finger just sort of glances off the edge of the page you meant to open to, as if the pages are glued shut. After some trying, you find that aside from the front and back covers, the book only opens to a different page in the middle of the book. Strangely, only the left side has text, the entirety of the right side is blacked out with a faintly iridescent substance. In addition to the text on the left side, there's a scribbled commentary and other notes in the margins, written in rushed but readable handwriting, as well as underlines and other markings, some just looking like doodles (mostly of some sort of deer creature) or mindless scribbles, but others that are probably meaningful. There's a suspicious brown stain in the corner that could be either tea or blood, you're not really sure, but it's pretty clear this page was well read.

(Annotations in parentheses)
/is a creature of considerable power (would definitely benefit from clarification), rumored to rend the souls of anyone unfortunate enough to even touch its antlers (overstatement), and leave a path of decay in its wake (confirmed tracking possibility | Trial 1: broke all natural items in the room). There is no doubt that any magical creations based from it would be incredibly powerful, as it is likely aligned with life or death (confirmed). However, it is unknown exactly what properties would be possessed by the creation (Trial 2: reformed from existing parts). Not to mention, of course, that experimentation on ingredients with such alignments is illegal (oops). In addition, only the gods know what would happen if such a creature were to be slain (does that make me a god then?), so even acquiring such ingredients would be extremely dangerous (also confirmed) and a large risk. (Note: Ingredients no longer in my possession) Rumors of the (must remember to/

(Pfff. "Oops" "Does that make me a god then?" I laughed out loud. Also did a Tarr slime their book or something? )

What does an undead deer have to do with the end of the world, I think. I tap my fingers on my leg, trying to remember the last moments.

Elongated hallway. Ceiling crashing down on my head. Waking up in yesterday...

Does it have to do with death? Is this deer the bad omen? Was a member of the undead deer things that splashed this book with... black goo? Was it this scientist's fault for dooming the world?

I close the book and ponder. Maybe I should go look for one?

I open the cookbook and look through it for any indication of undead deer, knowing, deep inside, I'll just need to look for myself.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/20/2021 at 10:41 PM Post #289
"Yes, yes, of course," he says quickly, pointing at a shelf before pulling out a handkerchief and dabbing his forehead yet again. "Over there, if you'll excuse me I'll be in the back room." He hurries out and heads through a door behind him, which doesn't quite muffle his mumbling and what sounds like him rummaging around violently.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 3/20/2021 at 11:03 PM Post #290
Randomly flipping to a section, you come across the chapter simply titled Vanishing.

One of the most prominent and well-known, yet vague stories of the lighthouse is its apparent habit to "vanish", with people often saying things such as that they have been to the same place repeatedly and only saw it some of those times, and that it only appears at certain times of day or on certain days. It's also somewhat believed that if one is in or near the lighthouse when it vanishes, they, too, will vanish, leading to a multitude of tales of disappearing persons who were supposedly last seen near the lighthouse, which is also addressed in this chapter.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30... 33, 34, 35
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.