Forum Index > News and Announcements > Expired Currency
Page 8 1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 11:21 AM Post #71
Quick thought about the whole token thing....

Looking thru Krins response, even taking the amount given from the last yearly fests and slicing some off of the total, it still feels a bit like punishing us for the time we spent, not knowing THEN that there would be future adjustments.

Suggestion: Leave the stale tokens be for the next year, so those that have spent their time collecting, get their investment back wholly. From this 2019 Fall fest forward, absolutely delete extra currency at the end of every fest. That way, from here on out, people know not to save their stuff and to use it, but at the same time, we wont feel like we are being punished for previous fests....A lot of us do look forward to having that extra couple million to spend..during the first 2 weeks of a new fest...things arent exactly cheap in the beginning..

That's my take on the whole token thing. It sets up awareness for the future, and fixes the token thing, but enables players to collect what they spent time gaining for in the past year.
Edited By Ayelaeyairelyese on 10/21/2019 at 11:22 AM.
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 11:34 AM Post #72
For the curencie/ token issue maby there could be a better way to achive the same goal, instead of simply deleting them those supplies could turn into somthing that would not affect gold but, instead, be used in a trade of some type.

Maby creating a 'box' for a rendom retired old themmed, from a specific list, only avalable for a limited amount of time and with those retired token only, let's say 800 retired tokens for a chance by exemple, would still give a value to the tokens without affecting the amout of gold directly. Players could still sale and buy those tokens/pets so nobody would feel like they have lost to the change. Another positive point of that suggestion would be to allow more older pets, mostly exclusive, to get access to the newer traits that were added after their creations.

Another solution would be to make those token usable to purchase new growing items or maby even speed boost of some kind for growing, it would also help make it more fair with the time limitation for finishing their creations in the end of the festivals.
Giraffe
Level 72
Threads: 68
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 11:36 AM Post #73
4. "Festival growing items will mostly cease dropping from the Festival Zone. The Festival Zone will be focused on rewarding players with the unique Avatar Items, the unique Themed Pets, a grind-able method of obtaining Festival Tokens, and a way to easily level up pets."

I like getting grow items in the festival zone. It gives me a reason to keep beating bosses. I really don't care about collecting avi items unless I like them. If you are only able to get these grow items in the store I think it will be impossible to complete all the pets we want to grow in a timely manner.

Not to mention, people who can't afford diamonds will be left in the dust when it comes to catalyst and grow item availability. People with diamonds will be able to buy everything from the store or utilize all the features like the haunted house for diamond fees. This is an advantage that people who grind for hours just don't have but work super hard for. If the items we rely on to grow pets are not being dropped then only diamond players or people with a ton of tokens can afford to make pets. And i usually don't buy grow items from the festival shop because they're more expensive then just taking time to forge or battle for them. I would never make enough tokens to afford the festival shop prices for grow supplies to make more than one pet.
WickedImpulse
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 50
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:01 PM Post #74
I think a major question on many people's minds is,

Will this devalue or make obsolete current max stat pets?

The wild stat increase and regular pets being on par with Maxes seems to be a concern among the breeding community, as we are concerned that max sales will take a hit if people can get their own regular pets there via prestige, no matter how inefficient.

I know you support people doing breeding projects, and there's a handful of people who really only DO breeding projects. If you could clarify some of the wild stat things for us, or how it could affect our maxes, I feel it would put a lot of minds at ease.

I too, also have a concern about the tokens not being a drop in fest zone. Are you planning to have the fest tasks give out more tokens?

And OHBOY Madness thing sounds exciting!
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:10 PM Post #75
Basically I agree with all of what Giraffe said.

I somehow missed this part reading last night. I don't want to sound melodramatic but I'll be honest. I'm starting to feel a sense of dread going into this festival. We already end up at the end of the fest with avatar items being sold off for a few hundred a pop. It's hard to maintain interest in just farming avatar items when it's so easy to buy them cheaply instead. I'm not sure if the wild stat stuff will keep the interest up. I'm probably just going to be stuck nurturing assuming I can still get crafting stuff from pouches that way so I won't even have much time in the zone. I mostly just want to collect themed pets. I just feel like there's not enough motivation to do actual hard work during this fest with the way things are sounding and that the hard work a lot of people have done is being punished. I really, really hate sounding this critical. I think you know that I'm generally very open minded and I tend to try to not sound this negative. Just this sounds so stressful that I feel like I have to speak more of what's on my mind.

I know that your concern is the stability of the site. It's just a lot to take in at once. I worry what this will do to people who can't afford to buy diamonds regularly along with just feeling like a stressful event in general. It's just too much at once.

Is it going to basically be impossible to craft a male and female of every themed pet with the way it's going to be set up? Now I kinda hope we just don't have avatar items in the shop anymore. And tokens for crafting will be competing with trying to do haunted mansion assuming that's still going. I think we need more information on what exactly you're intending to do.
Cyradis4
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:34 PM Post #76
Pretty much all of this I can go with, its change but.... Its ok.

What really concerns me, as a working adult who sometimes has a schedule that blows up.... is the lack of any sort of auto-complete. I got caught out time wise this past fest, and with no auto-progression, I had to scramble at the end to get pets that were planted in the first days to completion.

What I would suggest, if you are doing away with auto-completion, is that you have auto-progression (even if quite slow) for every pet.

That way, someone who's time goes sideways doesn't loose all of what they started, and if they can't grind enough to get the (large amounts) of tokens needed to get the (large number) of items to progress things, they can still participate, though at a much slower pace.

Cheers!
C4.
Kaosu
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:36 PM Post #77
Yes please and thank you!
I've never been super big on growing/making the pets and have only done so because I've ended up with the stuff and had nothing better to do then make a pet. Giving them a token value was the best thing you did because then I could just sell them and get tokens, but removing them completely as a 'reward' is even better cause then I don't have to deal with them at all unless I desire to.

Experience Philters
:D A reason to use them for pets at level cap? Thank you again!!

Maws of Madness
Will this 'arena' count towards the 'kill' quests that come up every festival? I don't think they should, personally, but I also don't think they would unbalance things to much if they did... I guess I'm undecided, and simply curious, about how it will interact with the contests.

Savynn: There should maybe be a timer on the site that shows when it's basically pointless to plant anything anymore unless you have some sort of quick agent. Otherwise it'll just feel awful if something ends up at like 95%.

Despite not being a big pet maker I 100% agree with the above that Savynn said, as it would def help with anxiety when it comes to making the pets.

I also agree with multiple people saying the fest shop growing items will need a price adjust, but then again it would depend on how many tokens the bosses/monsters will drop since they wont be dropping growing items anymore.

As to everyone talking about hording expired tokens, I feel we've always used it as a banking system, allowing us to horde money away where we will forget about it until we need it. A good fix would be to maybe implement an actual bank system instead?
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:38 PM Post #78
Well I'm not going to Reiterate everyone else's comments, though as many have mentioned it dose feel like your trying to move to fast on some of the changes (Hay saying this from someone who didn't trust the system and trys hard not to leave any fest items in her inventory XD)

I did have one note, more of a back of mind thought, when you give out fest forum game prizes be sure we have time and resources to grow those prizes, or make them... not the catalysts/seeds/sculpts etc growing pets? Or make the contests end a bit sooner so we can use our prizes in good order. I know it can be stressful when you reach end of fest, maybe your all cleaned up, all tokens used and pets grown when you find you won a great prize but your pooched on growing additives now.. that may put people off the contests. Just a note of concern. :)
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:44 PM Post #79
Be prepared for a hopefully helpful criticism. Take from it what you will, this is my opinion and my explanation for it.

Let's start with 1. Krin, please don't spend so much time to fix that. Just let it be and let it go. In my opinion, it's just not worth trying to push yourself to fix it. You do so much already.

2. No returning of festival tokens. I agree with this, as well as putting each festival into their "own little world". Some people may see this as making tokens worth nothing, but point 4 actually fixes that. Not getting festival growing items from the zone means that tokens will be needed in order to get those items. People would still want tokens in order to get things from the festival shop or for the haunted house and such.

3. No more autocomplete. I really like this truthfully. I know that people are upset about it, but honestly, for winter, pets are instant. For fall and spring, pets being made will slowly complete on their own. The only fest, summer, is the one that would have a problem. I would suggest that summer be the only fest with an autocomplete, maybe the 40-60% that I saw suggested by someone else, as well as pets with a prismatic pearl or majestic pets, could be the requirements for it.

4. Going back to 2, these two points work well together. At least from what I can see. The one issue I can possibly see with this is when buying those festival growing supplies. We need a box of supplies like what was available for the spring festival. Then we could have a guarantee of getting one of each supply. If we didn't have something like that, then I would have to not agree with this point as getting rng to give you what is needed...well, it's a pain. I had so much of two supplies, but almost none of the one I needed. Having an item that would give one of each would be very helpful.

5. Increasing the spending period from 1 week to 2 weeks. I honestly have no preference for this. I always try to finish as much as possible during the fest. For those who wait until the end, or get prizes from the games, I can see this being extremely helpful. It's plenty of time for things to be completed. However, when this time starts, is when the fest zone closes. So no more tokens or materials can be gotten. Those people who wait or get a prize will be in a bind if they don't have enough of what they need. There are always people willing to help, but with no way to get anymore supplies, they too will run out. I would say that those people need to plan better but...rng. Rng can be cruel when you want a certain trait and using disruptors can be even worse. Having supplies or tokens as part of the prizes, or other ways to get them would be very helpful in completing pets before the time runs out.

6. Ok, there's a lot of info going on in this one. Firstly, adding all of the last 3 fest's tokens and capping it at 18k. As someone who doesn't really hoard tokens I honestly have no opinion on this. I can see those who do hoard being upset, as currently they are still losing tokens, but this is supposed to be a way to keep people from that hoarding. I do like this idea as it does mean that, if you did earn quite a few tokens one fest, and then almost kept none the next, you would not be losing most of what you earned. If this is the route taken instead of tokens losing value, then it may be a bit easier of a transition for people. Instead of just losing all of what they hoarded, they still get something back. Though I like the idea of tokens only being of value during their fest more.

Before I move to the new things that are coming I do want to talk more about the hoarding issue. To me it is an issue. I'm not one of the players who hoard. I worked hard to get what I have. I'm not saying that those people who hoarded didn't work for it, but it's quite upsetting when you try to offer a fair price on something, and then here comes someone with millions of gold from token hoarding. They offer way too high...and then you just have to give up. For those hoarders, it seems not fair to lose all that gold. For those who don't hoard, it's not fair to lose out just because you didn't have the ability to offer an exorbitant amount. If the cap is kept instead of tokens just being used losing value, then it would be much more fair for everyone. However, I can see that the people waiting on that gold are very angry and upset because of not getting any warning. I don't have an idea for fixing that though. If you gave them what they were owed then that wouldn't fix anything, it's just giving into them. So I'll just say that I stand by my preference to just make tokens valueless except during the festival in which they were obtained.

Now, onto the new stuffs! I'm going to leave prestige for last.
Let's start with experience philters...this will be awesome! Being able to earn expertise from battling anywhere would be wonderful. It will be helpful for those who aren't in the lost grove yet or have trouble battling there.

The Maws of Madness...oh wow, another with lots of info. I love the option for different levels and I'm assuming that you need pets of those levels to battle for that option. Being able to gain expertise, experience, and some items like those from the lost grove and fest zone will be very appreciated. I also like how the battle will be like the arena, as well as the soft reset of health, buffs, and ability cooldowns. Reading through...it seems we will be able to use all types of currency for this, with tokens offering their own special types of prizes, so I really can't wait to see what they are. Getting keys seems to be easy, you can get them from doing all the daily tasks, or from either shop, so that's nice as well as having a max you can hold at one time. Maybe a max times you can play Maws of Madness as well? If you can reset with diamonds, then people can take advantage of that and play many, many times. A max amount of times per day would be appreciated. I also like how something similar will be in each seasonal fest. Can't wait to see what the others are like.

Now, for prestige...I've seen some people have some uncertainties about this. They think that all the hard work they've done for making max stats and superstats are going to be for nothing. I took the info to mean that any pet can have prestige, including a superstat. Say I buy a superstat pet...I actually have one that is semi-super, and level it to 70. Once I start leveling past 70 and gain those extra points, at the right amount I can then prestige my semi-super. I see prestige points maybe giving the same amount as if you actually levelled, so about 1 point for each base stat: strength, intelligence...and so on, until the max amount is reached. So, in essence, it would take quite a long time for the max to be reached. This would mean that max stats and superstats could be even more valuable because of how high their stats already are. It would mean less work to get to that new cap of 3k health and 300 mana with the prestige ability. As for wild stat breeding...I still don't know exactly how that works, so I'll just leave it alone for now.

So...I like all the new changes that are coming as well as have no personal issues with any changes happening with the seasonal fests. I know that there will always be people who are unhappy with them or will think them unfair...and honestly, that's how they feel. As for me I look forward to anything that happens. I'll stay around for as long as I can just because this is a great community with an awesome creator who actually cares about us. If you didn't care I would have left long ago. Thanks Krin, for everything you do to make this place fair and hopefully better for everyone, even if some don't see it that way.
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 12:45 PM Post #80
I wrote my thoughts on these proposals as I was reading them so sorry if I repeat something others have said or get too verbose or ask questions which have already been answered:

1&2: Fair enough. To be honest, I always forget if I left anything unspent on the shop/garden etc. from one festival to the next, so I never really expect the refund when it comes. It was a nice extra which helped me get going at the start of a festival, but removing it won't ruin my experience or anything.

3: I'm not too excited about this one because sometimes it takes me a while to find someone selling the catalyst for the pet I want to grow, or I forget to plant it until it's too late, or nurture it before the grace period after the festival ends. However, I know this can ultimately be solved by planning ahead a little more or using one of those speed growth things that lets you use growth items one right after the other.

4: I'm not sure if I'm happy with this, but I'll hold my judgement until the festival is underway and I can experience for myself how easy or difficult earning tokens and buying the necessary growth items is.

I like to collect all avatar items from the festival so I used to spend most of the tokens I got on that, although these last few festivals had little to no new avi items on the shop and if this trend continues it should be possible to adjust to this change.

Question: When you say "mostly cease dropping" that means some will still drop, right? Even if at a far lower rate? And what about catalysts? Will their drop rates remain the same?

5: Yes! Please and thank you.

6: I am okay with this.

7:

- Pet Prestige: Darn it, Krinadon! Stop adding more variables and long term goals to my stats projects! /jk I actually love this idea and welcome it wholeheartedly.

Question: let's say someone has a superstat pet (max stats + bred wild stats) and a plain maxstat pet (without wild stats) and both pets have enough experience to fully prestige them. Will the prestiged superstat pet end up with even higher stats than the prestiged maxstat or just the same? In other words, will the supermax end up as: max stats + bred wild stats + prestiged wild stats or just as max stats + max wild stats?

- The Maws of Madness: So a sort of gauntlet/dungeon thing? I can't wait to try it! :D
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.