Forum Index > News and Announcements > Expired Currency
Page 16 1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falkinsey
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 20
Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:07 PM Post #151
Thanks, Krin. Not too many sleepless nights went into arriving at these conclusions I hope :)

I think you are right to put the prestige stats on hold until you have the time to work out the best way forward with them. I hope that they will come into the game in the future but there's no point in rushing into something and then having to make huge changes because of problems with stat breeding. Som's idea of making prestige points a third category seems good to me but I am not a coder :P

I think that the decision that the festival currency should have no value at the end of each festival moving forward is fair. If people want to make money from grinding tokens they can always buy growing agents and sell them on - they just need to have the self control then to save the gold they make for the next fest. (I have no such self control but I will need all of my tokens for supplies)

Removing auto-finishing also seems fair now that we know about it in advance. And the extra free pot and the maximum 50 slots will definitely help, along with the extra week. If you adjust the summer sand pets for a small amount of magical growth then all that will be required is extra organisation and planning on our part.

The zone drops may become a little tedious without supplies (Looks at 40+ pages of returned broker avi items that have not sold and are duplicates that have very little use and no cash value) but we will soon pm you if that's the case.

Hopefully the Maws of Madness is still happening and may be another way of adding to fest supplies like Snow Wars, or maybe that's just wishful thinking. It sounds interesting and a new challenge that people can opt into or out of as they choose.

Thanks for listening to the players and being adaptable!

Still very excited for the festival :)
Squeak
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:13 PM Post #152
As long as there are no more last minute out-of-nowhere changes like last fest, I'm willing to see how it goes. But I am hesitant to invest any significant time in another fest, until I can trust we won't just suddenly lose all the effort we've put in, due to a decision that it's somehow better for the economy. Personally, I play here because it's a petsite, not an economy sim. >.> I have yet to see how the few millionaires adding more millions to their stacks of shineys is really going to ruin the game somehow, but then I am always struggling for gold and don't keep track of the numbers. I only judge this site on whether it is fun or not. Since it is, y'know, a game. I'd much prefer to play a fun game than one what's way too focused on the health of some artificial economy at the expense of its players.

I also agree with the point about fest grinding being super boring without anything interesting dropping. Even the boss runs will be really tedious with only avatar items I'll never use clogging my inventory. Apart from tokens and equipment, is there anything else at all that will be dropping with all the growing stuff removed to the token/dia shops?

Could we get exact growing times posted in the fest overview (with any updates to changes made during the fest), since fall pets will apparently grow over time? How much percentage per hour? Also, how much percentage will growing agents raise, and how often can we use them? This is information players absolutely need to have, since it will probably be the only way to gauge whether or not we'll be able to plant any catalysts. Last fest, the lack of growing time information caused a lot of unnecessary panic. What's needed is clearly stated information in the fest overview itself, with exact amounts, so that players aren't forced to guess and waste their time stressing. There's been, in the past, a severe lack of information from the admins about the various mechanics, and all these changes are basically the admins trying to fix a problem they themselves created by not being clear from the start.

Going forward, being clear and exact would help a lot to renewing player trust, I think.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:21 PM Post #153
Thank you for addressing everyone's concerns. All of the reimbursement changes don't really affect me as I'm one of the people who spends or sells nearly everything during the festival, so I can't speak for everyone but the changes seem perfectly fair.
I'm very glad to hear that adjustments will be made to the summer festival's growing process, and trust that you will make appropriate adjustments to account for the changes to the zone drops so that everyone can still get what they want from the festival.
Vulpie
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 4
Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:34 PM Post #154
After seeing the new ping, I feel like the decisions placed are fair. While I am sad that we won't get reimbursed for extra tokens after the festival ends, I am glad to see that the amounts we do have for the upcoming festivals will still get that. And I'm perfectly fine with them being sold for a lower price. Without a bank system in place, I have to be a bit more savvy with my gold.

As for the no auto-completes, this doesn't affect me as much as it does others, but I still feel like the decision is pretty fair. The only time I can see this being an issue is when it comes to making fabled and majestics at the last minute, especially when supplies are going to be limited. Nonetheless, I will keep an open mind as the festival's opening approaches.

I'm still looking forward to the Maw of Madness. While the grinding might get a bit tedious, it sounds a bit more rewarding than other seasonal events.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/23/2019 at 9:17 PM Post #155
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=16#152
Author: Squeak
Time Posted: 10/23/2019 at 7:13 PM
As long as there are no more last minute out-of-nowhere changes like last fest, I'm willing to see how it goes. But I am hesitant to invest any significant time in another fest, until I can trust we won't just suddenly lose all the effort we've put in, due to a decision that it's somehow better for the economy. Personally, I play here because it's a petsite, not an economy sim. >.> I have yet to see how the few millionaires adding more millions to their stacks of shineys is really going to ruin the game somehow, but then I am always struggling for gold and don't keep track of the numbers. I only judge this site on whether it is fun or not. Since it is, y'know, a game. I'd much prefer to play a fun game than one what's way too focused on the health of some artificial economy at the expense of its players.

I also agree with the point about fest grinding being super boring without anything interesting dropping. Even the boss runs will be really tedious with only avatar items I'll never use clogging my inventory. Apart from tokens and equipment, is there anything else at all that will be dropping with all the growing stuff removed to the token/dia shops?

Could we get exact growing times posted in the fest overview (with any updates to changes made during the fest), since fall pets will apparently grow over time? How much percentage per hour? Also, how much percentage will growing agents raise, and how often can we use them? This is information players absolutely need to have, since it will probably be the only way to gauge whether or not we'll be able to plant any catalysts. Last fest, the lack of growing time information caused a lot of unnecessary panic. What's needed is clearly stated information in the fest overview itself, with exact amounts, so that players aren't forced to guess and waste their time stressing. There's been, in the past, a severe lack of information from the admins about the various mechanics, and all these changes are basically the admins trying to fix a problem they themselves created by not being clear from the start.

Going forward, being clear and exact would help a lot to renewing player trust, I think.

At this point, I have the zone able to drop:

-Exclusive Festival Avatar Items
-Mystery Brewing Catalysts
-Regular Blood Vials
-Spectral Essences
-Brewing Agents
-Chocolate Coins
-Gold
-Random Equipment

The drop rates and how loot is parsed has been moderately adjusted in different ways. I am also looking into adding some sort of mechanic that guarantees such and such loot after so many actions - example, guaranteed to have at least one Avatar Item drop a day after defeating your first 3 Named. Again, this is just an example - it isn't set up yet so don't take this as written in stone... but that is my idea.

And yep, I plan on adjusting the displays inside the Brew Hut to be more informative in regards to growing.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 10/23/2019 at 10:41 PM Post #156
EDIT: You literally posted right before I posted so..uh....hehe. Um....Yeah.

I'm fine with everythign but the drops.

First off, the stuff in there is heck expensive. I don't usually battle a lot until like the last leaderboard or something or unless I have a million spare hours (which with school and church events I don't have now). Don't say holidays-I'm homeschooled.

Removing those means...
1. Less incenative for me to girnd. I hate grinding. I only do it so i can keep up with everyone else.
2. I like projects. And this fest I was planning on goignfor the all-catas reward. But with the stuff in the zone goign away....and autocomplete not happening....I probably won't be able to do that. I can live without autocomplete but I cannot, cannot, live without those essentials drops. I spend most of my tokens on avi items (and only when I've gotten them all do i go for other stuff and evne then I usually buy retired boxes).

Those agent drops in the zone? THe only way I can do anything.

Now I don't mind if the drops are reduced but please don't remove them completely. I don't have tiem to grind for enough tokens (unless those are getting upped to say, 50 a boss battle or 10 per regular battle or something idk im being drastic probably) to pay off my avi item needs AND my pet-making needs. And most of my gold...heh, wel, I'm saving up for certain backs and stable tabs and I prefer not buying tokens off the broker just because it takes the fun out of the fest for me.

In short, don't ocmpletely remove drops. Everything else is fine for me.

Thanks for your hard work Krin and do get soem R&R and time with family and friends!
Edited By Orca2Whale on 10/23/2019 at 10:41 PM.
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:09 AM Post #157
Thank you for the compromise. This, the token debate, was a... fiery topic, but I think that honoring the old tokens at a reduced price is fair. It, at least, addresses my concerns about past effort being made worthless. 1/5th less valuable, I can handle.
As for future tokens being deleted at the end of festivals - I have no objections. It will change how I fundamentally play festivals, but I am willing to adjust my play style to fit. How it will affect the economy, I have no idea, but I'm sure smarter people then I can work that out.

I hope you can continue to talk to the more economically-minded players about issues like these. I learned a lot reading the discussion, and it helped me think of some of these issues in ways I've never had to before. We all play differently, and no one person can fully understand how the current set up, or future changes, will affect other people. I think a permanent serious-economy-discussion-thread would be a good idea.

Thank you for listening through all our complaints, Krin, and trying so hard to fix these London/Egypt problems.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 10/24/2019 at 12:26 AM Post #158
Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. You've no idea how much stress you've just removed from my life.

I'm very curious to see how this new festival plays out. Gonna be fun! :D
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:20 AM Post #159
Cheers!

I only have a small request in light of the pet growing stuff: please for a countdown timer to be added to each growing pet, or at least a note in the instructions saying how fast pets usually take to complete? I feel that'd be important for folks to make sure they'll be able to complete their pets in time.:)
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 44
Posted: 10/24/2019 at 5:20 PM Post #160
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=16#159
Author: Aizar
Time Posted: 10/24/2019 at 9:20 AM
Cheers!

I only have a small request in light of the pet growing stuff: please for a countdown timer to be added to each growing pet, or at least a note in the instructions saying how fast pets usually take to complete? I feel that'd be important for folks to make sure they'll be able to complete their pets in time.:)

Good idea, especially if the pet growing page also included a countdown timer for the end of the two weeks after festival when pets can still be grown, so players can compare the two timers at a glance.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.