Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 7:49 PM Post #11
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=1#10
Author: Somneli
Time Posted: 10/20/2019 at 7:47 PM
[quote=1863518]

Mm, let me try to reword it then. Just an example, of course; all numbers and stuff are made up.

Say this fall fest, I end with 2000 tokens left over.

Next fall fest, this will presumably turn into 2000 expired tokens. It's under the cap - no problem. But I don't sell them right away, because I want to save them for when I need gold. (Kind of like hoarding mission satchels and opening them when you need to buy things.)

Next fall fest, I end with 4000 tokens left over.

The year after that, when it's time for tokens to expire again. Those 4000 would want to turn into 4000 expired tokens. But I still have the stack of 2000 left in my inventory. Would the old 2000 expired tokens and the incoming expired tokens collectively max out to 5000 expired tokens? Or would the 4000 left over, being under the 5000 cap, expire as 4000 tokens and merge with the old 2000 into a stack of 6000?

The script won't care how many expired tokens you already have so it wouldn't have any affect if you hold onto them from Festival to Festival.
Gingertail
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 30
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 7:51 PM Post #12
I still have all my brewing agents. Am I still allowed to use those in the next festival? (sorry for all the questions, it's my first time going through this)
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 8:06 PM Post #13
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=2#12
Author: Gingertail
Time Posted: 10/20/2019 at 7:51 PM
I still have all my brewing agents. Am I still allowed to use those in the next festival? (sorry for all the questions, it's my first time going through this)

Thank you for letting me know.

There was an issue with the script not removing those items. They've been removed now. They were already counted in the reimbursement totals ran initially.

In the past, I did all of this manually by hand. It'd usually take a solid 4-6 hours and was a pain. So I decided to finally start scripting this stuff to make my life easier moving forward... but there's a lot of things that it's trying to keep track of as well as doing new things that I've never done with it before (such as using limited caps). It's also hard to carefully analyze prior to running because there's just so many things running. I tried to do a lot of test runs and check stuff but I obviously missed some stuff. =(

I do appreciate the help and the good news is that once this script is properly set up, it can just be applied to all future Festivals year after year without me having to really do much at all.
Edited By Krinadon on 10/20/2019 at 8:06 PM.
Gingertail
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 30
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 8:22 PM Post #14
No problem, I'm honestly glad to have helped. I totally understand and appreciate the work you are doing to make Sylestia better.,
Edited By Gingertail on 10/20/2019 at 8:31 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 8:24 PM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=2#11
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 10/20/2019 at 7:49 PM
[quote=1863542]

The script won't care how many expired tokens you already have so it wouldn't have any affect if you hold onto them from Festival to Festival.

Alrighty. Thanks for the clarification. ^.^
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 51
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 8:32 PM Post #16
RIP 5k of my tokens. So this update gives me a loss of... 3mil. Joy.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 8:57 PM Post #17
Thanks Karina! Take your time, get in some sleep and relaxation, and enjoy your own holidays

Oh and...uh....

Yeah.

I mean, i was new last year so i don't lose much

But i just reread everythign so..uh...

*points at other people* listen to them. I doubt i have enough sway since i lose little this round and i never save mor ethen 2k somehow....
Edited By Orca2Whale on 10/21/2019 at 12:34 AM.
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 9:17 PM Post #18
This... is a hard pill to swallow. I had saved over forty thousand tokens from the last year's worth of festivals, and you are saying I am going to lose the vast majority of that with no compensation? The amount of time I spent grinding to earn those tokens was immense, not even to mention the gold I spent buying unwanted tokens from other people. The system might not be perfect, but retroactively making time and effort we have already invested in the game pointless is... not the right way to go about it. Take steps to change the festivals from here on, give us proper warning so we know not to horde going forward, but... not like this.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 9:49 PM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=2#18
Author: Xovinx
Time Posted: 10/20/2019 at 9:17 PM
This... is a hard pill to swallow. I had saved over forty thousand tokens from the last year's worth of festivals, and you are saying I am going to lose the vast majority of that with no compensation? The amount of time I spent grinding to earn those tokens was immense, not even to mention the gold I spent buying unwanted tokens from other people. The system might not be perfect, but retroactively making time and effort we have already invested in the game pointless is... not the right way to go about it. Take steps to change the festivals from here on, give us proper warning so we know not to horde going forward, but... not like this.

The problem is that this has just gotten extremely, wildly out of control. I've deemed it serious enough that it warrants actions now in order to try and mitigate the extreme influx of Gold into the game. As a quick example, I adjusted the script and mock ran it against the Summer Festival left overs.

1,451 players are set to receive 334,031,500 Gold if I were to make no changes at all. That is an average of 230,207 Gold per player - basically - any player at all who was active during the Summer Festival. Those are astounding numbers. To do some comparisons, let's extrapolate that data over all 4 Festivals. My initial announcement regarding the Fall Festival stats were off as I did not include actual left over currency, which accounts for a large percentage of the total reimbursement. If I had to guesstimate, players probably received about ~200-250 million Gold from today. But... hard to say for sure b/c of all the issues that happened today so it really is nothing more than a guesstimate.

Anyway - so let's say we're looking at 1.2 Billion Gold sitting in left over Festival currencies atm for a full year of Festivals... across probably about ~2,500 total players. That comes to a total of ~500,000 Gold per Player.

Currently, all presently active players have just over 2 million Gold active on hand on average (which, I'll get to in a moment). So expired Festival currency - which was initially created as nothing more than just a generous small token of appreciation for players - has molded into this thing where players are waiting for ~25% of their equity to come from at a given point in time. And the trend is significantly getting worse as a rapidly growing rate.

Additionally, we are now all the way up to 8 billion Gold in the entire game (including ALL 135,000 players). So even excluding the fact that 98.5% of the playerbase is inactive at this point in time, almost 15% of the entire game's Gold is just sitting in one year's worth of expired Festival tokens... Something that should be less than a tenth of a percent... has ballooned out of control to almost 15% additional Gold to be added into the economy out of thin air.

All in all, I deem this something really detrimental for the game as a whole for new players. As a final display of this issue... one year ago today, the average gold per active player was 1,200,000. It has doubled in just a single year. if I were to dish out that 1.2 billion in its entirety, we'd see that number most likely increase again by another ~1 million per player.

To me, this would have severe consequences for new players. I feel like it's already very unkind for new players to try and get into the swing of things since everything is so insanely inflated by now.

All of that said, suggestions always come in to provide alternatives. And on that note, I am wanting to release a brand new feature with this year's Fall Festival that will see ways to farm Gold from it. Obviously, way more details will come when the time comes. But that is going to be specifically included exactly for reasons such as this - try to actually provide content with Festival Tokens where players can actively get wanted rewards from... rather than just hoarding 293848293 tokens that just auto turn into hundreds of millions of gold every 3 months.
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 40
Posted: 10/20/2019 at 10:14 PM Post #20
I feel the same as Xovinx, I have way too many tokens left over from Spring and Summer, as there weren't token sinks for those fests. I feel that there should be another way to use the ones we've already earned, instead of just losing them. I was trading event items and accepting tokens as payment, to help other players. So now I won't get any credit for 20-something thousand tokens? I traded away lots of valuable things for tokens that are worthless now. I'd be happy if you opened a temp shop with some items, maybe all the retired fest chests or something, that we could use our old tokens on to clear them out. Had I known about the limit, that's what I would have spent loads of tokens on, having no other choice (rather than losing them).

Unfortunately, the cap limit will cause festival currency to drop in price during fests, which will cause it's own problems... I don't need gold for all my tokens, but something of value would be nice, as I spent many many hours earning them. It would be great to exchange 3000 old tokens for a stable or something.

Based on the numbers you provided, I agree that the hoarding is too much. The changes you implemented seem fair moving forward. I just don't like how those of us that earned our tokens will lose them with no warning to use them first.
Edited By Bunne on 10/20/2019 at 10:30 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.