Forum Index > News and Announcements > Expired Currency
Page 7 1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:17 AM Post #61
While I get the desire to increase token spending on growing items, completely removing them from the zone seems a bit overkill. With the elimination of auto completion, people will be needing a lot more growing items. People will not be helping out others except for the absolute minimum to complete the daily task because they will need them for their own pets.

I am also a bit concerned about the keys coming from completion of all the daily tasks. There is always one task to find a themed pet that is really out of my control. Last feast was extra terrible for me trying to find one. Nests are my only hope and they were not spawning for me for the longest time.

I think it is a great idea to have a way for people to boost up starter pets and/or wild caught pets as well as max stat pets with specific traits. I am assuming the wild stats gained in this way are being treated differently when it comes to breeding than those you get from breeding with LG pets? It seems like it would make the most sense to make these prestige wild stats a different thing all together that can not be passed on at all with breeding. That would keep super stat and max stat projects viable while still allowing people to boost their favorite pets.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:48 AM Post #62
Hi Krin.

All these new changes sound really... interesting. I respect you wanting to improve Sylestia's economy. I know this has been a constant battle on many fronts. I really hope this helps to achieve that. Going into this, I'm going to keep an open mind. I want to see how this works, and hope it does what is needed to help the economy. Overall, I don't mind these changes, and I am excited to see how this 'Maws of Madness' plays out. I was worried about how I might add Wild Stats to my Ryori project, but this helps. The one thing I will miss is gaining some of the Festival items like Brewing Agents, Essences, and such from battling and chests in the explore Zone. Hopefully a good balance is found to this.
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:58 AM Post #63
Wow, this is a lot of stuff to process. I can see that a change is needed, and I mostly agree with the changes, except for some of the things others have brought up.
Getting a growing pet to 100% always seems to take a lot of resources and time. If there's no auto-completion or zone drops of agents, I certainly hope either fest tokens are going to be more available, the price of agents in the fest shop will be dropped, or some changes could be made to growing itself.
Fest tokens having no gold value is fine, and maybe I will be more motivated to spend them, but it just doesn't seem like enough for everything still.
Also, there's always the question of getting valuable things late, although the extended time is nice.
This may make paying tokens with other players interesting...
But thank you for being upfront about all this and explaining your reasoning. It's good to know you're looking out for us.

Edit: One possibility may be making the quick-grow or equivalent easier to find or buy? Don't know if anyone will see this, but I think it's worth considering.
Edited By Lonefox on 10/21/2019 at 8:19 PM.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 9:31 AM Post #64
Ok. Reading thru this, I'll have to re read again. The token intention is nice for the future...

Festival items need to keep dropping in zone. Just to keep my interest in the grind. What bothers me is the fact that catalysts dont drop there...or extremely rarely, and the fun of that alone kept me in the grind. I dont want JUST avatar items and pets i dont want from the zone, i actually enjoy the grind, but i want something to GRIND FOR.

Now for wild stats...ive never really understood the whole wild stats for supers thing completely.

I think i would enjoy a simpler technique for super stats....period. the whole...stats decrease per breeding threw me off and tbh I absolutely hate it. Made no snese to me to throw that in..

Thr maws of madness sound...fun. confusing atm but fun...tho i very much hate how the arena is here, it sounds more like a "rift" from diablo 3 to me at this point, i look forward to giving it a try.

If there is just one constant in this game its the community. So many love how hard you work, mistakes included, *chuckles*. You are human after all. We much rather have discussions before massive changes, so I definitely appreciate this as many others are as well I see.
Lampyridae
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 9:33 AM Post #65
I love this idea, especially the prestige. As you said, the top 24th overleveled pet only has enough for, like, 30 levels? What if each level is...five or ten to a stat? That isn't overpowered, but it's worth it, and I like the idea! I wanted to take the entirety of the LG with my starters, (because I like them and have always used them) but realized once they capped out, my only option would be to rank up, which is slow. And now I think I can! Thank you.
I love sustainability and growth, and reading through a few above posts, I think I agree in that prestige stats should not be passed down through breeding.
*but I like saaaand* But I like a stable economy more, and I think this will make exclusive pets worth more. I definitely will enjoy the challenge of planning what to plant and when, and trying to complete everything. And, of course, putting more effort into each pet, instead of a random bulb catalyst thrown in a box an hour before the fest closes. If I lose a few? No sweat, really. I'd rather have the free stable space than another food draining pet. Well...perhaps if it has a 3vis additive, and is over 90%, or something like that? Just a little sand? London has...a few ounces of sand.
But I slightly disagree with growing items not dropping in the explore zone-that was where I got most of mine last fest. Maybe only have them drop rarely, from chests only?
I struggled with the Arena for a while, but I actually like the challenge and mechanics. Taking my main team into battles like that, with level 70 abilities, grove stats, and tactics sounds really fun. Except, kind of, having keys from completing all festival tasks. Would you increase the themed spawn rates? I actually only completed that task...five times during the entire fest.
And once again, thank you for being an understanding admin and actually trying to balance the economy and gameplay. Really.
Edited By Lampyridae on 10/21/2019 at 9:46 AM.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 9:40 AM Post #66
The main thing I am concerned about is autocompletion going away. I know that most of the pets I had growing at the end of the summer fest were actually planted before the festival ended, but by that time supplies were very scarce.

Combined with no longer being able to find the supplies in the fest zone itself, it makes me nervous about growing pets.

However, since it was said that there would be other ways to obtain the supplies, I will reserve judgement about it.

About the new features, they all sound interesting, and one thing I absolutely love is the pet stat thing.

I understand the concerns about max stats, but I have always been the type of person who gets attached. I dislike changing my party (on any game) in order to do certain things or changing midway through a game, so being able to bring my original party of tamed/starter/offspring pets up to max stat level, or even nearly, is a great thing in my eyes because it means I won't necessarily have to change to a max stat team. With some effort, I can take the original pets I started with and bring them up to that level.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 9:49 AM Post #67
Ooff...although maybe now i might be able to splurge on avi items XD

I really don't have anything to say (for once, then again I just woke up 5 mnutes ago) but I do suggest gettinga lot more sleep befor ethe fests start running rampage for the next 3 months. Seriously. RGo have a nice cup of coffee and I'm sure you'll feel way better (and maybe come up wiht more and better) ideas.

(Also p.s. I hate and and I hate rain. What do I do about that? I literally live in a desert my whole life.....Really I think I have a problem XP)
Edited By Orca2Whale on 10/21/2019 at 9:54 AM.
Inkspell
Level 39
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 10:07 AM Post #68
As a relatively new player (less than a month) most of this stuff does not even apply to me, however some of it I am excited about because it gives me more to look forward to as I play more!
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 10:50 AM Post #69
Please reconsider against making these changes immediately.

I have over 33m tied up in frost tokens and was really relying on that. I understand that you think this is a good idea, and it may well be moving forward, but punishing players now for decisions made in the past - that were based on years of precedent and sound financial judgement at the time - is not the way to do it.

This is the exact same problem as last festival. WE NEED TIME TO ADJUST TO THE CHANGES YOU MAKE! One day is not enough for collecting all the items needed to grow sculpting pets. One festival before is not enough to undo choices we made last year. Would one more winter and spring festival really destroy the economy that badly that you must retroactively penalize players for utilizing the system in a way it wasn't necessarily intended?

As I explained in my earlier post, I use the fact that tokens have a static value on a delay to keep my otherwise rampant overspending in check. I know this is not the purpose tokens were made for, but when I can spend 4m gold now in return for a 5m return in a year, it's not only fiscally responsible but allows other players' tokens to have value. And I'll have the gold when I need it rather than spending it all at once.

If this is 'abusing' the system, so be it. Tell me so now, and I won't do it again. But that won't change the fact that last December things were stable and reliable, and I made choices based on that stable reliable system.

Please, please, please don't do this to us. I beg you. Leave the Winter and Spring fest token conversions as they were a year ago, and with full forewarning we will know to not horde tokens moving forward.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 672
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 11:16 AM Post #70
Thank you Malikas! This avi seems to be a big hit.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.