Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/3/2022 at 9:59 PM Post #2351
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=225#2246
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 9/30/2021 at 3:26 PM
('less than mediocre' lmao, perfect
Well, Inkarnate did most of the work for me, so thanks again for that. Glad you like it though c:
More will be added when you lot find new stuff. I hope no-one travels to the Horizon Lands though, because that was a completely spurious and accidental landmass I have nothing prepared for xD)

Afternoon
--
Looking pleased, Brazentalons looks around and takes in the city outskirts with wide eyes. Fairly new, sturdy buildings stand quietly in contrast to the passers by. They look quaint and cheerful; with no doubt in the coming season they will decorated in the pleasing colours of Chillfest.

There is one dwarf in the group, whose bawling cry trails off as you have no choice but to listen.

"Neaaar, faaaar, whereeeever you aaaaare..."

With that, the guards huddle in their post, trying to ignore the sound.

They seem to be a safe enough distance away, now. Perhaps if you catch up and talk to them you can convince them to spare the Crossroads' inhabitants.

No, I don't think I will. Quickly changing my mind, I make an excuse to myself that maybe I don't have to question every dwarf I come across. I surely don't want to rain on their parade, let them sing unbothered...out of our earshot.

I walk at a slowed pace deeper into the city and take the time to admire my surroundings so I can add some extra distance. For a brief moment, I am in no hurry at all. I mull over things until we start seeing shops or stalls.

(*atoms start stuttering into existence*)
(howdy.)
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 11:22 AM Post #2352
Evening
--
Your genuine honesty seems to knock his anger back, and he sinks to the bench with a defeated expression.

The Persuader perk was successful

"I really have gotten myself into some real trouble this time, haven't I?" he speaks to himself. He takes a look around the dingy cell, brow furrowing. "If we really are to make a truce, can't we carry on this discussion in more civilised conditions?"

"Pah, no chance," Felicia scoffs bluntly. "This situation is delicate. You think this is going to work if I have two Newts sashaying around the ambassadorial outpost?"

He slumps forward, head in hands while clearly struggling to process everything that has gone down in the last few minutes. "Okay. So we're both wanted by the Elven Council for councilman Renalt's assassination, being assumed to be Bloodthorn conspirators, and have otherwise gone missing. And now you and your ally are planning to replace me so you can fix a situation I never could. Is that about right?"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 11:43 AM Post #2353
Evening
--
"More fire?" Crimson suggests.

"I could be a distraction," Murva suggests. "I could stand in the open in the opposite direction to where the prisoners will run and rile them up. Orcs are predictable - they'll chase after me. I'll set up a couple of surprises for them while you and Aegis deal with any enemies left behind then release the prisoners. Make sure they get a head start then you can help me to fight the wartribe."

"Then you could make the fire between the prisoners and the wartribe!" Crimson pipes up.

You hear a noise behind you as Aegis announces his return. He crawls up to the edge beside your party, revealing a bulging pouch.

"Got the pine resin," he grunts. "Are we ready to go?"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 12:03 PM Post #2354
Evening
--
"If a madman like Bob holds the world's mysteries, we'll have bigger problems."

"Ah, good!" he chirps, relieved. "Though I hope it won't become a habit to leave it alone for too long." He then studies the displayed box with a scrutinising gaze, turning back to you. "When you say 'something interesting', I get worried."

You walk back up to your room, Skywhisper bounding ahead of you towards the blanket-nest. He gives the egg a careful nudge or two and, satisfied, curls around it at the foot of the bed.

"Okay... you have a box now." His ears fluff up in interest as he gives you his full attention. "What's the story? Where did it come from?"
Edited By Falconetti on 3/9/2022 at 12:08 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 12:27 PM Post #2355
(Why hello there, welcome back to the land of tangible matter! :) How goes?)

Afternoon
--
Curiosity killed the cat, after all... and it's pretty clear the band's tunes would have much the same effect. You and Brazentalons put a tactful distance between yourselves and the musicians. And then some.

You take a leisurely stroll through the Adventurer's Crossroads, admiring the diverse architecture styles which come from all corners of Anaia. Townspeople, travellers and guards mingle in the streets on their way to and from homes, businesses and the like.

The overall gossip you hear today seems to point towards some commotion in the heart of the eastern territories. Apparently there is some kind of manhunt going on for a wanted assassin. You pass by.

You enter one of the many merchants' squares in the Crossroads, vibrant colours and arrays of goods spreading out before you. Stall-owners call to customers in the dwindling hours of the day, hoping to make some last-minute coin before packing up.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 12:40 PM Post #2356
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=236#2353
Time Posted: 3/9/2022 at 11:43 AM
Evening
--
"More fire?" Crimson suggests.

"I could be a distraction," Murva suggests. "I could stand in the open in the opposite direction to where the prisoners will run and rile them up. Orcs are predictable - they'll chase after me. I'll set up a couple of surprises for them while you and Aegis deal with any enemies left behind then release the prisoners. Make sure they get a head start then you can help me to fight the wartribe."

"Then you could make the fire between the prisoners and the wartribe!" Crimson pipes up.

You hear a noise behind you as Aegis announces his return. He crawls up to the edge beside your party, revealing a bulging pouch.

"Got the pine resin," he grunts. "Are we ready to go?"

"Good idea Murva just be careful, okay? Don't take any needless risks. Yes, Crimson that could work but how would Murva get back to us? I'll use the fire arrows to help Murva. Aegis can you help get the prisoners out of danger and lead them away while I cover you," Asteria asks.
She hopes this goes well as she starts putting pine resin on some of her arrows. Careful not to get it on anything else she puts the arrows with pine resin beside her but away from Crimson. She didn't want Crimson to accidently light them before they were ready.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 1:40 PM Post #2357
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=236#2352
Time Posted: 3/9/2022 at 11:22 AM
Evening
--
Your genuine honesty seems to knock his anger back, and he sinks to the bench with a defeated expression.

The Persuader perk was successful

"I really have gotten myself into some real trouble this time, haven't I?" he speaks to himself. He takes a look around the dingy cell, brow furrowing. "If we really are to make a truce, can't we carry on this discussion in more civilised conditions?"

"Pah, no chance," Felicia scoffs bluntly. "This situation is delicate. You think this is going to work if I have two Newts sashaying around the ambassadorial outpost?"

He slumps forward, head in hands while clearly struggling to process everything that has gone down in the last few minutes. "Okay. So we're both wanted by the Elven Council for councilman Renalt's assassination, being assumed to be Bloodthorn conspirators, and have otherwise gone missing. And now you and your ally are planning to replace me so you can fix a situation I never could. Is that about right?"

" I'm also kind of on the ru from this one really angry clan so like, I'm also trying not to do that whole song-and-dance of kidnapping again. Going off-grid is just a little bonus.. But otherwise, pretty much." Nicote shrugs, then apused. "Woah. Hold up, rewind a bit. Assassination? How the heck did they come up with that one?"
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/9/2022 at 9:30 PM Post #2358
(self-ping because I keep clicking on it lmao)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/13/2022 at 5:09 PM Post #2359
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=236#2354
Time Posted: 3/9/2022 at 12:03 PM
Evening
--
"If a madman like Bob holds the world's mysteries, we'll have bigger problems."

"Ah, good!" he chirps, relieved. "Though I hope it won't become a habit to leave it alone for too long." He then studies the displayed box with a scrutinising gaze, turning back to you. "When you say 'something interesting', I get worried."

You walk back up to your room, Skywhisper bounding ahead of you towards the blanket-nest. He gives the egg a careful nudge or two and, satisfied, curls around it at the foot of the bed.

"Okay... you have a box now." His ears fluff up in interest as he gives you his full attention. "What's the story? Where did it come from?"

I sink down on the bed beside Skywhisper and the egg, holding the box up to the light of the lantern as if that'll somehow cause it to reveal its mysteries.
"That's fair," I admit with a chuckle. "But don't worry, I didn't manage to get mixed up in anything troublesome while you were gone. It's quite anti-climactic, how I found it, actually-- I was just cleaning up, and I found this under one of the floorboards." I nod in the general direction of the loose floorboard. "That's all. You came back just as I'd finished interrogating Rythia about it."
I recount what Rythia had said about the box, its previous owner, and the mysterious Golden Sunrise clan. "She did seem oddly jumpy when I mentioned looking beneath the floorboards, though, and I'm not quite sure what that was about."
Edited By Skwardy on 3/13/2022 at 5:10 PM.
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 7:02 PM Post #2360
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=236#2355
Time Posted: 3/9/2022 at 12:27 PM
(Why hello there, welcome back to the land of tangible matter! :) How goes?)

Afternoon
--
Curiosity killed the cat, after all... and it's pretty clear the band's tunes would have much the same effect. You and Brazentalons put a tactful distance between yourselves and the musicians. And then some.

You take a leisurely stroll through the Adventurer's Crossroads, admiring the diverse architecture styles which come from all corners of Anaia. Townspeople, travellers and guards mingle in the streets on their way to and from homes, businesses and the like.

The overall gossip you hear today seems to point towards some commotion in the heart of the eastern territories. Apparently there is some kind of manhunt going on for a wanted assassin. You pass by.

You enter one of the many merchants' squares in the Crossroads, vibrant colours and arrays of goods spreading out before you. Stall-owners call to customers in the dwindling hours of the day, hoping to make some last-minute coin before packing up.

"Tell me if anything catches your eye, Brazentalons." Although there might not be enough time to do favors for both a tent and a gift, I look for a tent stall regardless, if only to make note of where it is for later.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 235, 236, 237... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.026 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.