Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Creature Kin
Page 246 1, 2, 3... 245, 246, 247, 248 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/8/2022 at 10:25 AM Post #2451
(I realise that Nicote actually asked about the griffin allergy solution but in the surprise of Newt seeing him there the question wasn't answered. You want to go with 'Forgot to find out' or 'He told you amongst the politics intro' and I'll ram in a flashback or whatever of the event? Messy, my apologies)

Morning
--
Felicia nods. "Great. The convoy is waiting out back. You can see yourself out," she gestures to Balthur dismissively.

"May our Paths cross again," Balthur adds finally, nodding back to you before departing.

The captain leads you down the corridor in the opposite direction, through an open door guarded by two elves and into an enclosed courtyard. Even before you pass through, you can hear the clamour of restless griffins and the shouted orders of soldiers.

You emerge into the open-air, cobbled space within the grounds of the Elven embassy. It's half filled by a wing of war-griffins - with the signature light armour and livery of the elven guard. The guards themselves stand to attention as the captain comes to stand before them.

"Mount up, we're moving out," she shouts, "we'll be stationed in Elvenor for a while, so now isn't the time to be telling me you're having second thoughts about volunteering for this stint. That means you better have remembered to pack your precious lucky charm this time, Wingman Junian," she adds wryly.

The assembled soldiers chuckle. A red-faced Junian responds, "Yes ma'am."

As the Wing readies themselves to go, Felicia gestures to two riderless griffins at the back. "Those are our mounts. Second-familiars to a couple of the troops. As the griffin flies, we'll reach Elvenor in the day if conditions are favourable." Her expression is stony as she regards the pair. Seems she isn't an enthusiastic griffin-flier either. She shakes out of it, turning to you as she moves to mount up. "You sort out the allergy thing? I don't need you getting snot all over Rendingclaw."

Aforementioned Rendingclaw eyes you with a dubious expression.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 11/8/2022 at 10:52 AM Post #2452
Afternoon
--
He forces an almost maniacal cackle, and it's hard not to feel embarrassed for him.

"Mighty quick to offer a favour, aren't yer?" he grins. "But okay, seen as 'elping you is 'elping me, ye see..." He winces, and his boisterous facade falls. He shuffles his feet and continues, his dedication to his silly accent reaching astounding levels. "It's me pet rat, ye see. Pulled a runner, that 'e did. I'd be fine wi' that, but 'e took something important o' mine an' all an' I need it back. From the scene I saw when yer griffin dashed past, I'd suppose I'll be needin' it back from 'im once e's finished with me pet," he grimaces.

He points down the alleyway in the direction you were previously heading. "They was running that way, so they were... I think. I was givin' chase but... heh," he shrugs. "I er... couldn't keep up and mighta lost me way the slightest bit."

Then his confidence is back up and he takes an exaggeratedly heroic pose you'd expect to see on a poorly written, dramatic elven play. "But I accept yer quest, fair lady! I'll offer me humble aid in yer search for yer lost familiar, totally magnanimous like, with no alterior motives for recovering me own belongings an' savin' face!"

He holds the pose for a few awkward seconds, giving you a side-eye like he's waiting for you to say something. "Er... I'm Captain Chin, by the way, in case ye didn't realise..." He waits expectantly.
Edited By Falconetti on 11/8/2022 at 10:53 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 11/9/2022 at 1:03 AM Post #2453
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=246#2451
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 11/8/2022 at 10:25 AM
(I realise that Nicote actually asked about the griffin allergy solution but in the surprise of Newt seeing him there the question wasn't answered. You want to go with 'Forgot to find out' or 'He told you amongst the politics intro' and I'll ram in a flashback or whatever of the event? Messy, my apologies)

Morning
--
Felicia nods. "Great. The convoy is waiting out back. You can see yourself out," she gestures to Balthur dismissively.

"May our Paths cross again," Balthur adds finally, nodding back to you before departing.

The captain leads you down the corridor in the opposite direction, through an open door guarded by two elves and into an enclosed courtyard. Even before you pass through, you can hear the clamour of restless griffins and the shouted orders of soldiers.

You emerge into the open-air, cobbled space within the grounds of the Elven embassy. It's half filled by a wing of war-griffins - with the signature light armour and livery of the elven guard. The guards themselves stand to attention as the captain comes to stand before them.

"Mount up, we're moving out," she shouts, "we'll be stationed in Elvenor for a while, so now isn't the time to be telling me you're having second thoughts about volunteering for this stint. That means you better have remembered to pack your precious lucky charm this time, Wingman Junian," she adds wryly.

The assembled soldiers chuckle. A red-faced Junian responds, "Yes ma'am."

As the Wing readies themselves to go, Felicia gestures to two riderless griffins at the back. "Those are our mounts. Second-familiars to a couple of the troops. As the griffin flies, we'll reach Elvenor in the day if conditions are favourable." Her expression is stony as she regards the pair. Seems she isn't an enthusiastic griffin-flier either. She shakes out of it, turning to you as she moves to mount up. "You sort out the allergy thing? I don't need you getting snot all over Rendingclaw."

Aforementioned Rendingclaw eyes you with a dubious expression.

(We can go with Newt actually giving somewhat helpful (slightly vague? IDK you can do whatever) info on the griffin becuase as funny as it would be to have NIcote show up sneezing every 5 seconds, I"m also quite sure Newt actually wants his job back and the allergy thing is a bit of a deal...)

Nicote grimaces. "Yeah. Sure. We'll leave it at thiat." He says before slowly approaching so he can mount. He really wants to swear right now, there's a reason he prefers going on foot. Knight would have been a much nicer ride.

He does find it funny that "wingman Junian" forgetting his lucky charm is a thing. That's at least amusing.

(Currently would like to speak with past me for being an idiot with the feather allergy- thank you for somehow working with that lol)
Edited By Orcastration on 12/21/2022 at 6:20 PM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 11/27/2022 at 3:51 PM Post #2454
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=244#2434
Time Posted: 8/25/2022 at 3:10 PM
Midday
--
You can rest assured in the fact that inevitably, as time goes on, you will start to pick up these things as you go along. Trustworthy contacts, reliable establishments and quality sources of equipment and other goods are all aspects of the experience you will pick up as a novice adventurer.

Reasonable. Perhaps faking your combat abilities to get a guarding job and hoping you won't have to prove it is a little on the risky side. And in the event of being caught out, you might be thrown out and left to travel the rest of the way alone anyway. That said, the option might be available once you've developed a little more experience.

A sound plan, however one that depends on the nature of the games being played. In this case, you might not want to join a table who are rowdy or playing for gold. That would be asking for things to get messy. But there definitely are a couple of tables with a jovial-looking bunch playing for the fun of it. You have to step up onto the decking to get near, standing at a surreptitious distance. You get a couple of looks, but nobody bothers you other than the occasional person brushing past you on their way to this or the other.

Your opportunity arises soon enough as a weathered dwarf bursts into a guffaw, spreading her cards out onto the table much to the sighs and groans of her fellows. You catch snippets of retorts: 'Again?'; 'Who shuffled these...'; and 'Come on!'.

There are six at the table. Besides the dwarf, there are a couple of goblins, an orc, an elf and a centaur. Their responses to losing range from bemusement to weariness from the more competitive amongst the group. "...another game?" you hear over the clamour from the triumphant dwarf. Despite losing before, the others all nod, and she takes in the cards and begins to shuffle.

Now's your moment to interject if you want to join in for the next round.

(I've been revived! I can't promise prompt replies any more. I can't trust myself to actually get on in a reasonable time. I'm sorry for the late responses, I truly am.)

Pike simply keeps to himself as much as possible. He does not mind if others brush against him, he's just afraid the person walking past will scorn him for standing in the way. The general calm greeting from the current environment eases his worries. The rowdy tables are ones he would stay away from, simply because high spirits can quickly turn to high tempers. He looks around at people playing for fun and are not too invested.

The details he liked the most included the many different races. He enjoyed the diversity and being able to see many different people, opinions, and cultures. Hearing the call for a game opening, he snaps back to the present.

Immediately, he thought back to his home and how some family members claimed more authority than others in the household. He wanted to make a good first impression that involved him having authority, at least over himself. He didn't want to appear small or nervous. Those attributes could get easily preyed on.

So he lifts his chin slightly and holds himself a little taller. His expression of curiosity and excitement struggles to match a neutral one.

"I'd like to play as well." Pike steps forward to table beginning a new game. He has to consciously think about keeping his arms hanging loosely at his side. The initial reaction to take up as little space as possible warred against the feeling that he had to appear in control to be considered worth anyones time. Perhaps what he said had been too hasty, perhaps he should ask more formally. He attempts to amend his first impression, "That is, may I join this game?"

While he waits for a response and to distract himself from overthinking what he's said, he tries to guess the game that was about to be played. He assumes it is the same as what they have been playing for a while, if he knew how to play.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/17/2022 at 7:31 AM Post #2455
Morning
--
"Yep, let's go," he chirps.

If left unattended, the lantern fuel will be used up by midnight.

Outside the air is cool and still, skies a clear blue like some of Rythia's flowers trailing down from their window-ledge boxes. The ground-floor cafe is quite busy and you can hear the centaur's booming, enthusiastic voice over those of her customers as you go.

"I've heard that the Downriver district is where the more unsavoury types gather in the Crossroads and the guards have little control," Skywhisper explains as you walk through the busy streets, past people lugging goods, street vendors hawking their wares and surrounded by the sound of the city waking up to start the new day. "But it's not that small an area and the 'place' Rythia mentioned could be anywhere. All we know is it's the new up-and-coming attraction in the area. How does that help us?"

The growing clamour of cart-wheels rolling and hooves striking cobbles tells you that you're approaching one of the branches of the Adventurer's Road which intersects the city. The buildings part for the structure, leaving a wide gap upon which dozens of travellers move upon - lone carts, the long lines of a caravan, those on foot - traders, guards, adventurers and wayfarers. Activity on the road which connects the continent never stops, and it's no wonder the bridge you cross now was built over it to keep the districts of the city connected, despite the veritable river which flows with travellers between them.

This is the western branch of the 'Road, and as you and Skywhisper cross the bridge you can see the distant glitter of the River Iver to your right, far down the length of the 'Road.

"The Downriver district runs along the river, further to the south," Skywhisper has to raise his voice to be heard here.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/18/2022 at 9:54 AM Post #2456
Nightfall
--
Makeshift bandage applied - your wound is no longer bleeding. Your wound will heal in approximately 6 days if you take care.
Your jacket is so damaged it's less effective, repair it to bring it back to full effectiveness

By cleaning the strip of cloth first you've done the best you can to avoid infecting the injury, and while you may be able to speed up the recovery time later with better materials at your disposal, you've done the best with what you have on hand.

Healing successful, Crafting successful

Aegis steps back to examine your handiwork. "Yes... this will be sturdy enough for the job, and I don't think we can do much more with what we have. Good job," he nods at you.

Mirandah on the other hand gives no indication of being impressed, simply setting up the sling onto the climbing rope and ushering the least badly hurt escapee forward. The elf, limping over, settles into the sling and begins his ascent. While your worries weren't unfounded, he makes it up to the top without incident, and soon you are among the only people left at the bottom of the slope: Mirandah, Aegis and Crimson. You've managed to get all the injured up to safety.

"You go next, you're not in your best shape," Aegis grimaces as he speaks to you. "Crimson should be able to go with you, no?"

Crimson pads forward out of the gloom, ears perked up upon hearing her name. She casts glances back into the depths of the chasm occasionally, still keeping watch.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 12/19/2022 at 12:12 AM Post #2457
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=246#2456
Time Posted: 12/18/2022 at 9:54 AM
Nightfall
--
Makeshift bandage applied - your wound is no longer bleeding. Your wound will heal in approximately 6 days if you take care.
Your jacket is so damaged it's less effective, repair it to bring it back to full effectiveness

By cleaning the strip of cloth first you've done the best you can to avoid infecting the injury, and while you may be able to speed up the recovery time later with better materials at your disposal, you've done the best with what you have on hand.

Healing successful, Crafting successful

Aegis steps back to examine your handiwork. "Yes... this will be sturdy enough for the job, and I don't think we can do much more with what we have. Good job," he nods at you.

Mirandah on the other hand gives no indication of being impressed, simply setting up the sling onto the climbing rope and ushering the least badly hurt escapee forward. The elf, limping over, settles into the sling and begins his ascent. While your worries weren't unfounded, he makes it up to the top without incident, and soon you are among the only people left at the bottom of the slope: Mirandah, Aegis and Crimson. You've managed to get all the injured up to safety.

"You go next, you're not in your best shape," Aegis grimaces as he speaks to you. "Crimson should be able to go with you, no?"

Crimson pads forward out of the gloom, ears perked up upon hearing her name. She casts glances back into the depths of the chasm occasionally, still keeping watch.

Asteria looks down at Crimson before looking at Aegis.
"You aren't in the best of shape either. Do you and Mirandah think you could go to together then Crimson and me? I'm still armed, and I can still fight. Besides that, Crimson and I can give a warning if anything starts to approach. Besides it should be a quick couple of trips."

Asteria turns her attention back to Crimson, "We're going to be fine. Can you be brave for me Crimson? You're already being so brave but right now I need just a little more help. Can you help me keep watch just a little longer please?"
Asteria knows this situation is not ideal, but she is not going to leave someone behind ever again if it can be avoided.

(Happy holidays)
Edited By Starpup5 on 12/19/2022 at 3:08 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/21/2022 at 9:21 AM Post #2458
(Very true. Ok temporary solution it is, the difficulty in the long run will be how you play your cards to make more of the antihistamine.
Heh, nah, makes things more interesting - we'll see how much so once Nicote gets back to Elvenor :P)

Morning
--
Depending on how the trial goes, dealing with griffins will be something you may have to adapt to in your duties as captain of the guard. Unless, of course, you can manage to wrangle your way out of it wherever possible.

But until then, griffins are the core of elven society, and to get to Elvenor quickly it's going to have to be on the back of one.

You remember back to your conversation with your brother.

"This is my last phial," he'd said, taking a few moments longer than necessary to look at it before he held it out to you. "This will only last you a couple of days. With your thick skull it's probably best you find the recipe instructions in my quarters since you'll never remember it if I tell you now.
"My- eh... an old friend, used to get me some of the rarer ingredients. Recently I've had to collect poorer quality substitutes myself." He didn't, however, comment on how it would have been pretty helpful to have given you the recipe earlier.

Antihistamine phial added to inventory

Using the phial will protect you against your allergy for half a day. This phial has 4 uses. Do you wish to use it now?

You climb onto the saddle. Rendingclaw fixes you with a narrowed eye, as if in warning of the consequences of sneezing on him.

Felicia casts her gaze across the square. "Are we ready to go?" she barks.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 12/21/2022 at 6:18 PM Post #2459
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=246#2458
Time Posted: 12/21/2022 at 9:21 AM
(Very true. Ok temporary solution it is, the difficulty in the long run will be how you play your cards to make more of the antihistamine.
Heh, nah, makes things more interesting - we'll see how much so once Nicote gets back to Elvenor :P)

Morning
--
Depending on how the trial goes, dealing with griffins will be something you may have to adapt to in your duties as captain of the guard. Unless, of course, you can manage to wrangle your way out of it wherever possible.

But until then, griffins are the core of elven society, and to get to Elvenor quickly it's going to have to be on the back of one.

You remember back to your conversation with your brother.

"This is my last phial," he'd said, taking a few moments longer than necessary to look at it before he held it out to you. "This will only last you a couple of days. With your thick skull it's probably best you find the recipe instructions in my quarters since you'll never remember it if I tell you now.
"My- eh... an old friend, used to get me some of the rarer ingredients. Recently I've had to collect poorer quality substitutes myself." He didn't, however, comment on how it would have been pretty helpful to have given you the recipe earlier.

Antihistamine phial added to inventory

Using the phial will protect you against your allergy for half a day. This phial has 4 uses. Do you wish to use it now?

You climb onto the saddle. Rendingclaw fixes you with a narrowed eye, as if in warning of the consequences of sneezing on him.

Felicia casts her gaze across the square. "Are we ready to go?" she barks.

Nicote makes a note to hismelf to go find that recipe ASAP once they get to Elenor.

He takes one does of the phial- he hates flying as it is, no need to make the griffin angry- and end up possibly crackkg his skul on the ground from the fall. He's pretty sure getting knocked out more then once in a week is a bad thing generally.

He then braces himself- it's been ages since he even went near a griffin to ride it. That's Newt's thing, Nicote much prefers his feet on the ground. He really wishes he had had the brainpower to spare at the time to rib Newt about not having extra backup phials of the stuff,
Edited By Orcastration on 12/21/2022 at 6:22 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 12/27/2022 at 8:18 AM Post #2460
(Ah no worries, I never could promise the same anyhow. Glad you're still about though :) )

Midday
--
You're not getting hassle for standing where you are - it's a busy inn, and its patrons are used to making their way around the clusters of people without bother. Meanwhile, you can take the moment to examine your surroundings.

In places of trade and travel you will find many people from all walks of life, all corners of the continent. They are good places to pick up on news from across the lands, general gossip, stories and tip-offs. And, of course, fellow adventurers like yourself. With all these possible future companions, it's all the more important to make your first impression a good one.

Maybe your confidence pays off, because the boisterous dwarf halts mid-laugh upon seeing you step forward, leaning closer. "Eh? What's that? You want a game?" she barks loudly. It's becoming apparent she was born without an indoor voice.

One of the other goblins turns round to see who his companion is talking to. He gives you a warm smile. "No need to be intimidated by Gertrude!" He drops his voice to a conspiratorial whisper: "She's a bit hard of hearing, you see, so long as you speak nice and loud to her you'll get along fine."

"What what?!" Gertrude snaps. "Speak up, Tiko! I can't hear you with all this racket!"

Tiko grins. "No worries, I'll get him sorted out, you deal the cards!" he says to her, louder now. He turns back to you. "You want a game? What's your name, kid?"

Across the table, noticing there are no seats free, the centaur pulls a chair over beside him from another table. He gives you a nod as he gestures to your seat.

You'll find card games all over the Anaian continent, but the most popular ones differ from land to land. Whether or not you played any classic southern continent games with your family, you certainly don't recognise the game they've been playing now.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 245, 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.