Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/18/2021 at 4:26 PM Post #2241
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=224#2235
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 9/18/2021 at 3:11 AM
(Think of it as a pass running north to south. You had been following it south, but the snow-clearers aren't finished with their work down there. You can retreat back north, towards the valleys and Vanguard. There will be splits and branches in the path in both directions, but currently you're on a straight road.)

Afternoon
--
"It is for camouflage," she declares. "Camouflage because I am sick of running. I think our only option is a surprise attack on their camp, now, before they are ready to face us."

"Murva, that's ridiculous," Aegis scoffs, looking more worried than criticising. "We built all of these defences for a reason - using them and fighting here at our camp is our last option. Not attacking theirs."

She turns to you. "Waiting until their warriors are ready is a death sentence. We can't give them so long as to pursue us down the mountian passes, or to bear down on this camp. The others are too slow."

"I can understand both of your reasons for wanting to attack their camp Murva but but aside from the three of us there are no trained warriors in this camp. What if you and I looked at the situation in their camp again while Aegis stays here and guards our camp. Are you both willing to do that," Asteria asks.

(Thank you for the map and the advice. These past few days have been chaos.)
Edited By Starpup5 on 9/18/2021 at 4:27 PM.
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 9/24/2021 at 8:55 PM Post #2242
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=224#2238
Time Posted: 9/18/2021 at 5:13 AM
(Ha, no worries. Thanks though! this makes map-making easy. If I find time I'll try to make a proper map of Anaia, so you don't have to unless you really want to)

Afternoon
--
He settles himself and trots by your side. "I know. Sorry," he apologises. "I'm okay, is what I'm trying to say."

Chillfest is close to coming round again, so you'll have your chance. Your offer makes him look up at you with excited eyes. "Really?" he chirrups.

It doesn't take you long to reach the Eastern Gate. A couple of guards mill around and you watch as a party of entertainers enter the city ahead of you, a couple playing tuneless songs on wind instruments as they go.

"Of course!"

I wince at their less than mediocre playing, but make no comment. All I can really do is wait a little until I'm able to enter the city while bearing the slight possibility of ear bleeding for now. I briefly check if any of them were dwarves, though I don't want to let my hopes go up to high.

(That's a great map, I'm surprised you made it so quickly :0)
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 1:18 PM Post #2243
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=224#2237
Time Posted: 9/18/2021 at 4:02 AM
Morning
--
For managing to negotiate a solution to a problem, you have gained +1 Charisma.

The cloth merchant smiles back thankfully.

The orc shakes his head. "No, thank you! I would never have figured out a good enough story to get shot of those madwomen. A better merchant all the way on the other side of the market? Very convenient!" he booms appreciatively.

"Oris, there is another cloth merchant over there," Eyup sighs.

"Ah," the orc, 'Oris', muses. "Even better!

"If you need anything, you just need to ask."

You find the bulletin board where a couple of others are skimming over the job offers. There seem to be a lot today. What sort of job are you looking for?

Pike looks towards the others looking for jobs and offers them a half-hearted smile before turning his attention to the board. He goes through his past experiences of things he knew how to do so he could pick a job he might enjoy and do well.
Perhaps something with chopping wood? He had a hatchet to do that with; but who would need someone to chop wood for them? He knew how to cook - though most everything ended up burning if he let his attention stray - and he knew how to do hard work - though it wasnt always enjoyable. He also knew the valuable lesson of doing laundry and cleaning up messes.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/30/2021 at 2:27 PM Post #2244
Afternoon
--
The other elf looks sympathetic. "It seems Lady Luck has not been on your side lately."

You pass into the building, where a lobby awaits beyond. Elves and officials from the various territories stride to and fro; all sorts of deals and official business taking place within these walls.

The elf takes you to the front desk, where the queue slowly dwindles until you both arrive at the harassed-looking receptionist there.

"Has Captain Felicia returned?" the elf asks.

"She just arrived... a few hours ago," she answers distractedly, hooves tapping the tiled floor. "I believe her schedule is empty. Would you like to see her?"

"Yes please, immediately. I have Nicote Marker here to see her," the guard gestures to you.

She shoots you both a grimace, moving out from behind the desk. "Follow me, then. I must warn you though - she was in an absolutely foul mood when she crashed in here earlier."
Edited By Falconetti on 9/30/2021 at 2:55 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/30/2021 at 2:54 PM Post #2245
(Indeed they have. Glad I could help)

Afternoon
--
"There are what, a dozen of them? And not all of them have to be fought face-to-face, all at the same time," a dark glint enters Murva's eyes as she stands up. "But alright. I was heading that way anyway."

"I'm coming with you," Aegis says firmly. "We don't have time to go halfers anymore, and I don't trust Murva to not go down as a martyr. If something happens to you two, do you think I alone will be enough to protect the others?"

A cold wind breezes down the pass, sending a chill down your spine - a reminder of the building pressure, and the time which is fast running out. The afternoon sun turns the mountaintops aureate, glowing upon the horizon as the clear blue sky gradually darkens.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/30/2021 at 3:26 PM Post #2246
('less than mediocre' lmao, perfect
Well, Inkarnate did most of the work for me, so thanks again for that. Glad you like it though c:
More will be added when you lot find new stuff. I hope no-one travels to the Horizon Lands though, because that was a completely spurious and accidental landmass I have nothing prepared for xD)

Afternoon
--
Looking pleased, Brazentalons looks around and takes in the city outskirts with wide eyes. Fairly new, sturdy buildings stand quietly in contrast to the passers by. They look quaint and cheerful; with no doubt in the coming season they will decorated in the pleasing colours of Chillfest.

There is one dwarf in the group, whose bawling cry trails off as you have no choice but to listen.

"Neaaar, faaaar, whereeeever you aaaaare..."

With that, the guards huddle in their post, trying to ignore the sound.

They seem to be a safe enough distance away, now. Perhaps if you catch up and talk to them you can convince them to spare the Crossroads' inhabitants.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/30/2021 at 3:34 PM Post #2247
Morning
--
The other job applicants, busy in their search, don't pay you much heed.

There isn't much wood in the southern territories. The inhabitants of Boulder tend to use their volcanic home and its other resources to provide sources of heat.

There are a couple of fetching and carrying jobs, which would in all likelihood leave you exhausted. There is a housework job, the note for which looking new and hastily scrawled. A mail delivery job looks tempting, but warns that there will be long walks through all areas of Boulder and a promise of no pay if a single letter is lost.

Are you interested in any of these jobs, or would you like to widen your search?
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/30/2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2248
Elvenor. The city of knowledge, history and swathes of tales told so well you can only wonder whether they were true. The city of a hundred libraries, stretching out before you with the Old Forest of yore looming just beyond it's towering city walls.

You stand in the bustling marketplace, surrounded by people with places to go and important things to do. As the world sweeps you up with it, what are you going to do now?
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 9/30/2021 at 6:40 PM Post #2249
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=225#2248
Time Posted: 9/30/2021 at 3:52 PM
Elvenor. The city of knowledge, history and swathes of tales told so well you can only wonder whether they were true. The city of a hundred libraries, stretching out before you with the Old Forest of yore looming just beyond it's towering city walls.

You stand in the bustling marketplace, surrounded by people with places to go and important things to do. As the world sweeps you up with it, what are you going to do now?

Startled by all the noise, Echo rushes to find a quiet space to relax. Echo thinks for a minute, and decides to go to a nearby libarary.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/1/2021 at 11:57 AM Post #2250
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=225#2245
Time Posted: 9/30/2021 at 2:54 PM
(Indeed they have. Glad I could help)

Afternoon
--
"There are what, a dozen of them? And not all of them have to be fought face-to-face, all at the same time," a dark glint enters Murva's eyes as she stands up. "But alright. I was heading that way anyway."

"I'm coming with you," Aegis says firmly. "We don't have time to go halfers anymore, and I don't trust Murva to not go down as a martyr. If something happens to you two, do you think I alone will be enough to protect the others?"

A cold wind breezes down the pass, sending a chill down your spine - a reminder of the building pressure, and the time which is fast running out. The afternoon sun turns the mountaintops aureate, glowing upon the horizon as the clear blue sky gradually darkens.

"Alright just make sure the others are safe in case something happens to us. I'm gonna see my familiar real quick," Asteria hurries to find Crimson, "Crimson I'm going with the others I leave you, Emberpaw, and Numbat in charge of protecting this group okay. I'll be back soon."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 224, 225, 226... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.