Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/1/2021 at 12:19 PM Post #2251
Morning
--
The streets are claustrophobic today, the mobs enveloping you and your familiar as you go. But they don't keep you from getting to your destination: The Scholar's Corner, the closest library you can find. The display windows reveal a wide array of books with a whole spectrum of colours. Crimson fabric with inlaid golden inscriptions, brown leather with a note advertising it as a piece from the northern territories... you can even see a book bound in Stonewood, the centrepiece of the display, locked behind a heavy glass casket.

Nyx resettles her wings gracefully, looking up at you. "This looks like a nice place," she chirps.

A small bell rings as you enter, and a frizzy-haired head pops up from behind the main counter. Shelves lined with books fill the space, less cramped than cosy, however. As Nyx squeezes inside behind you, the other elf shoots you a warm smile.

"Hello!" she greets you. "Welcome to the Scholar's Corner. Are you looking for something in particular, or would you just like to browse?"
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 10/1/2021 at 1:14 PM Post #2252
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=226#2251
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 10/1/2021 at 12:19 PM
Morning
--
The streets are claustrophobic today, the mobs enveloping you and your familiar as you go. But they don't keep you from getting to your destination: The Scholar's Corner, the closest library you can find. The display windows reveal a wide array of books with a whole spectrum of colours. Crimson fabric with inlaid golden inscriptions, brown leather with a note advertising it as a piece from the northern territories... you can even see a book bound in Stonewood, the centrepiece of the display, locked behind a heavy glass casket.

Nyx resettles her wings gracefully, looking up at you. "This looks like a nice place," she chirps.

A small bell rings as you enter, and a frizzy-haired head pops up from behind the main counter. Shelves lined with books fill the space, less cramped than cosy, however. As Nyx squeezes inside behind you, the other elf shoots you a warm smile.

"Hello!" she greets you. "Welcome to the Scholar's Corner. Are you looking for something in particular, or would you just like to browse?"

Echo smiles back and says "I'm just here to browse, but maybe I'll find something of interest!" She then rushes off to find a good book, unconcerned if Nyx was following her or not.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/2/2021 at 12:23 PM Post #2253
Afternoon
--
"The safest place they can be is away from here. I'll tell Daavun to get them moving if we're not back by nightfall."

Back at your tent, Crimson's ears drop. "Can't I come with you?" she whines.

Numbat clasps his hands together. "Where are you going?" he asks worriedly. "We can't protect the group on our own!"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 10/2/2021 at 8:45 PM Post #2254
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=225#2244
Time Posted: 9/30/2021 at 2:27 PM
Afternoon
--
The other elf looks sympathetic. "It seems Lady Luck has not been on your side lately."

You pass into the building, where a lobby awaits beyond. Elves and officials from the various territories stride to and fro; all sorts of deals and official business taking place within these walls.

The elf takes you to the front desk, where the queue slowly dwindles until you both arrive at the harassed-looking receptionist there.

"Has Captain Felicia returned?" the elf asks.

"She just arrived... a few hours ago," she answers distractedly, hooves tapping the tiled floor. "I believe her schedule is empty. Would you like to see her?"

"Yes please, immediately. I have Nicote Marker here to see her," the guard gestures to you.

She shoots you both a grimace, moving out from behind the desk. "Follow me, then. I must warn you though - she was in an absolutely foul mood when she crashed in here earlier."

Nicote privately is pretty sure Captain Felicia is probably just really salty he and his friends weasled out of trouble. He wonders how easily he can get that one tribe he terrified into looking for a nonexistant necklace into helping him out in exchange for not having to hunt down a necklace that doesn't exist.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/3/2021 at 2:35 AM Post #2255
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=226#2253
Time Posted: 10/2/2021 at 12:23 PM
Afternoon
--
"The safest place they can be is away from here. I'll tell Daavun to get them moving if we're not back by nightfall."

Numbat clasps his hands together. "Where are you going?" he asks worriedly. "We can't protect the group on our own!"

(Repinging myself for later)
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/3/2021 at 3:14 AM Post #2256
Morning
--
The librarian nods. "Alright! If you need anything, just ask."

You lose track of your familiar within the bookshelves. There are collections marked: 'Classical Tales', 'Magic and its Daily Applications', 'Skill-books', 'Literature from the Other Territories', and a general information archive at the back of the library with maps, informational scriptures and the like. You're spoiled for choice, even in this relatively small library - as is the way of things in Elvenor.

What kind of book are you looking for in particular?
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 10/3/2021 at 12:03 PM Post #2257
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=226#2256
Time Posted: 10/3/2021 at 3:14 AM
Morning
--
The librarian nods. "Alright! If you need anything, just ask."

You lose track of your familiar within the bookshelves. There are collections marked: 'Classical Tales', 'Magic and its Daily Applications', 'Skill-books', 'Literature from the Other Territories', and a general information archive at the back of the library with maps, informational scriptures and the like. You're spoiled for choice, even in this relatively small library - as is the way of things in Elvenor.

What kind of book are you looking for in particular?

Echo looks in awe at all the books, but takes a particular interest in the 'Literature from the Other Territories' collection.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/3/2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2258
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=226#2253
Time Posted: 10/2/2021 at 12:23 PM
Afternoon
--

"Alright thank you so much," Asteria says, "Crimson no I need you here to protect them. Numbat you won't be alone. Please just go with the group if we aren't back by dark. We're going to be ambushing the ambushers. Please just stay with the group."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/5/2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2259
You've finally made it. The capital city of the southern territories does not disappoint; it's the most built-up area you're ever going to find this far south, or perhaps in all of Anaia. Boulder toils all around you, filled with noise, commotion and the undertones of Mount Hott rumbling curiously beneath your feet.

Standing in the middle of a crowded market square, you're surrounded by thousands of things new to you. The gritty inhabitants of the city, impressive feats of architecture, and of course the idiosyncratic location... Out in the unknown, exactly where you want to be, what is your next move?
Edited By Falconetti on 10/5/2021 at 1:28 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 10/5/2021 at 4:45 PM Post #2260
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=226#2259
Time Posted: 10/5/2021 at 1:27 PM
You've finally made it. The capital city of the southern territories does not disappoint; it's the most built-up area you're ever going to find this far south, or perhaps in all of Anaia. Boulder toils all around you, filled with noise, commotion and the undertones of Mount Hott rumbling curiously beneath your feet.

Standing in the middle of a crowded market square, you're surrounded by thousands of things new to you. The gritty inhabitants of the city, impressive feats of architecture, and of course the idiosyncratic location... Out in the unknown, exactly where you want to be, what is your next move?

The smells of soot, ash, and bodies swarming around wash over Vox in a strong wave. He blinks. All of this noise, commotion, and dirtiness sparked a sense of excitement in him; he was finally off to see the world.

But first, he must be prepared. It payed to be prepared in an adventurer's line of work - one little thing could be the difference between life and death. After rummaging around in his coat for a while, careful not to expose his (bottomless) pockets to opportunistic... passerbys, he comes to the conclusion that what he currently has is not enough.

He wants to explore Mount Hott first - the closest great landmark - so in addition to the medical supplies and food and water needed for a regular expedition, he supposes he'll also have to somehow get his hands on fireproof or at least heat-resistant protective gear.

With that in mind, he pushes through the crowd, trying not to bump into anyone, while scanning the storefronts and signs for any shops that could have what he needs.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 225, 226, 227... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.