The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 12/28/2021 at 3:01 PM Post #2341
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=233#2323
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 12/14/2021 at 2:45 PM
Evening
--
Rythia winces. "It's... hmph... I've had tipoffs, about a place over on the darker side of town gaining popularity. But I won't tell you anything else. I may have a loose tongue, but not when it comes to tales that will get my friends in trouble, y'hear?" she says sternly. "Besides, a good lass like yourself shouldn't go looking for places like that - the Goldies do, but only because they're crack-pots."

She hums to herself. "I can't remember. But Thunderhoof was never one to get his tail in a twist."

"You really aren't from around here, are you? No-one really knows much, but sure know how to spin a tale. If anything happens, from local gangs being broken up to warehouses being destroyed, it's the Goldies. No proof, but the best stories hardly ever cared. I know better though - in all honesty, they're do-gooders with opaque motives."

"Oh, alright, just this once. Don't go making a habit out of it though." She takes a lantern from a nearby table and passes it to you.

Lantern (15 hours) added to inventory

Seeing as she seems reluctant to want to tell me much else, I decide to stop pressing my luck so I don't end up upsetting her, while committing what she has shared to memory. A place on the darker side of town, eh? Why would these "do-gooders" be mixed up in such places?
"I've actually passed by before on my travels, but never really hung around enough to hear much about the... local folk. I figure it'd be nice to hear some of these tales sometime, true or not."
I take the lantern from her gratefully and stretch exaggeratedly. "Well, it's certainly been an interesting chat, but it's about time I attend to some other matters. Don't worry, it's just been a long day and I'd rather not go about bothering you late at night when I feel like having a midnight snack."
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 12:14 PM Post #2342
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=234#2334
Time Posted: 12/26/2021 at 8:45 AM
Morning
--
The cheery street fills you with a sense of tranquility, despite the juxtaposition between the chilly festival and the volcanic surroundings down here in the southern territories. Now that you've hit the road, there's bound to be all sorts of things you can freely collect from here on out.

The pair continue their heated debate without so much as a glance in your direction as you walk right past them, sparing you their ire.

The orc turns round, scanning you with a judgemental expression while saying: "Ah, finally! You got the note down at the market square, right? I hope you like heights, because since my apprentice went and injured himself I've been short of a guy for putting lights on the eaves."

Nearby, a few boxes lie open with hundreds of lights spilling from them. Up above, the three-storey building looms overhead with the two bare, unlit floors awaiting decoration.

"It might take until midday or the afternoon depending on how good you are," she says cheerily. "But I split the cuts 50-50, and these folks around here are loaded."

Pike smiles up at the orc when she takes notice of him and nods when she inquires about him getting the note. Heights won't be a problem as long as he feels secure. Climbing or going up of his own free will was better than and different from being picked up. He looks up at the unlit floors above him and the orcs note about it possibly taking the rest of the morning and more. Seeing that he had little to no experience putting up lights, Pike guessed it would be the afternoon by the time he finished. He has seen others put up lights and it doesn't seem to be too hard of a task to put the little decorations up.
"Ok." Pike chirps as he accepts the terms and conditions. 50-50 doesn't sound too bad and putting up lights can't be that difficult. He waits for some time for any additional guidance that she can give him, "How do I put up the lights on the higher levels?" And a general lesson on how to put up lights wouldn't hurt, Pike thinks to himself as he looks around for a ladder or another way up to the two other floors. He hopes that he won't accidentally break any of the ornaments when he puts them up.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 1/29/2022 at 6:45 AM Post #2343
Evening
--
Instead of backing down like his norm, a fire enters his eyes as he becomes more aggressive. He stands, fists clenched.

"You really think I'm going to believe your little bleeding-heart story, traitor?!" he seethes. "You're ruined my whole life, and you expect me just to stand back and help you rub salt into the wound?"

He looks between the two of you, resolve wavering. "Because it's pretty clear I'm only still alive because you need my help. Right? Not... not because the Bloodthorns want to make me suffer?"

Felicia lunges forward, making him yelp and fall to the bench again. "Make this difficult, worm, and I will," she hisses, raising her fist threateningly.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 1/29/2022 at 7:23 AM Post #2344
Evening
--
"Well, if they can't climb, we'll just have to travel up or down the ravine until we find a safe place," Crimson suggests. "But that's no use if the orcs are right on our tail... so we'll have to make sure they can't follow, or slow them down somehow to give us enough time. Maybe block off the ravine somehow?"

"We don't have time to scout up and down the ravine for some kind of access point or shallower slope," Murva says. "So we'll need to take our chances. Worst case scenario we'll need to pull them up with ropes, but we can't have warriors on our tail while we're trying to do that.

"I say we get the prisoners to run upstream and we deal with the wartribe. Once we're finished we can catch up and help them back to our camp."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 1/29/2022 at 7:40 AM Post #2345
Evening
--
"Well, spend another evening at my bar and you'll hear all sorts!" she chuckles. "Alright, glad I could help! I look forward to hearing how you get on with your mystery box. But for now, I'll wish you a good night."

She trots off around the side of the inn, leaving you alone. But not for long - you hear a squawk, then a large shadow noisily flaps out of the sky and lands with a thump next to you.

"Bob is the craziest dwarf I have ever met," Skywhisper wheezes. "He didn't want me to leave until he made sure his barrow was exactly how he left it. Who cares that much about about a wheelbarrow?"

He gasps. "Oh, the egg! How is it? Did we leave it alone too long?"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 1/29/2022 at 8:15 AM Post #2346
Morning
--
"Just grab that ladder over there," she points, "the box of nails and the hammer. When you're ready, I'll feed the chain of decorations up to you and you can secure them on the eaves. Easy! Just don't fall and you'll be fine."

You can skip time until the job is finished if you wish.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 1/29/2022 at 11:17 AM Post #2347
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=235#2343
Time Posted: 1/29/2022 at 6:45 AM
Evening
--
Instead of backing down like his norm, a fire enters his eyes as he becomes more aggressive. He stands, fists clenched.

"You really think I'm going to believe your little bleeding-heart story, traitor?!" he seethes. "You're ruined my whole life, and you expect me just to stand back and help you rub salt into the wound?"

He looks between the two of you, resolve wavering. "Because it's pretty clear I'm only still alive because you need my help. Right? Not... not because the Bloodthorns want to make me suffer?"

Felicia lunges forward, making him yelp and fall to the bench again. "Make this difficult, worm, and I will," she hisses, raising her fist threateningly.

"Okay, look, how about we not kill each other?" Nicote quickly stepped between them. Trurning to his brother, he glared down at him. "Listen up, idiot. I hardly want your position. And I can defintiely say neither of us see eye-to-eye on anything. But right now, even though technically I'm wanted for reverse kidnapping and petty theft, I have more allies then you do. And much as I hate to admit it, "He swallowed, eyes darting to the side. "I'd rather you alive and threatening to berate me for the amount of dirt I'm racking up on my record then dead in a ditch or locked up in some torture chamber. I can live with some mild crime, I don't think I can live with guilt."

He paused. "Actually, yeah. I can't live with guilt. I don't leave people behind and I don't think my conscience is going to let me do otherwise now that I've already gone through with undying my hair for the second time in a week. I'm wasting so much dye, good grief..."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 1/29/2022 at 12:27 PM Post #2348
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=235#2344
Time Posted: 1/29/2022 at 7:23 AM
Evening
--
"Well, if they can't climb, we'll just have to travel up or down the ravine until we find a safe place," Crimson suggests. "But that's no use if the orcs are right on our tail... so we'll have to make sure they can't follow, or slow them down somehow to give us enough time. Maybe block off the ravine somehow?"

"We don't have time to scout up and down the ravine for some kind of access point or shallower slope," Murva says. "So we'll need to take our chances. Worst case scenario we'll need to pull them up with ropes, but we can't have warriors on our tail while we're trying to do that.

"I say we get the prisoners to run upstream and we deal with the wartribe. Once we're finished we can catch up and help them back to our camp."

"That's a good idea Aegis but how will we ensure the prisoners can get away," Asteria asks. She looks around the camp to see if there is any way to distract the warriors, "A bit of misdirection might do us a world of good. Make the warriors think we're in one place when truly we're in another."
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/1/2022 at 7:19 PM Post #2349
Self-ping
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 2/13/2022 at 2:42 PM Post #2350
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=235#2345
Time Posted: 1/29/2022 at 7:40 AM
Evening
--
"Well, spend another evening at my bar and you'll hear all sorts!" she chuckles. "Alright, glad I could help! I look forward to hearing how you get on with your mystery box. But for now, I'll wish you a good night."

She trots off around the side of the inn, leaving you alone. But not for long - you hear a squawk, then a large shadow noisily flaps out of the sky and lands with a thump next to you.

"Bob is the craziest dwarf I have ever met," Skywhisper wheezes. "He didn't want me to leave until he made sure his barrow was exactly how he left it. Who cares that much about about a wheelbarrow?"

He gasps. "Oh, the egg! How is it? Did we leave it alone too long?"

I wish Rythia a good night and then enthusiastically greet Skywhisper as he lands.
"A wheelbarrow? Well, we already know Bob is strange-- remember that 'message' he told us to give to Balthur? I still don't know what that was about," I chuckle.

I hold up the lantern Rythia gave me. "Don't worry, I wrapped it up in some blankets while you were gone, and I got Rythia to give me this to warm it up better, especially if we need to leave for longer. Speaking of which," I add, holding up the box in my other hand. "I found something... interesting. We should probably take care of the egg first, though."
Edited By Skwardy on 2/13/2022 at 2:43 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 234, 235, 236... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.