Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Fall Festival - Spooky Avatar Dress...
Page 10 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kaydra
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 238
Posted: 11/3/2018 at 6:35 PM Post #91

Music... Its getting louder and you can't stand it any longer. It is beautiful and you must find it, you must be near it. You walk outside and towards the beautiful noise. Why has it lead you to the cemetery? At midnight this cant be right! You look around seeking the cause of the beautiful noise, something catches your eye, but as soon as you try to focus it is gone. The music instantly stops and a yellow glow begins at your feet. You look down expecting to see a cemetery light but notice a strange circle around you. What are the symbols in it? What is this? Your mind races as you realize you can't move.Your heart pounds in fear, a demon appears in front of you and begins to explain. "The spot beneath your feet is known as the summoning circle. I need it to raise my warriors." The wolf at her side growls, the demon smiles at the terror on your face, "He is tired of waiting, lets get this over with shall we. He is so anxious for his lupora brethren to be at his side again. I am glad you enjoyed and followed my calls, however sad for you it may be. You see, i need a human sacrifice to raise my lupora warriors, we have a major task ahead for us. Unfortunately the sacrifice is you tonight, don't be upset you are going to a far greater cause. You will meet the reason for all of this very soon." The circle at your feet opens instantly and you drop down into a black pit falling deep into the earth, you see flashes of light fly past you.... You drop to a hard surgac you raise your head up and to the sky, the opening in the earth closes slowly. You look in front of you with the last remainder of light from above, your eyes meet with a terrifying monster. You scream, but it's to late. The demon on land laughs as she pets her lupora warriors and calls her orders to them, "run and find more human souls. We have more work to do, the Nightmare Lord will need many more souls to become strong enough to get back on earth."

The demon watches the lupora run away into the night. Who would of ever thought, a year ago the demon was merely a girl in a small town. Lord Krinadon had watched her grow, he knew she was special and he had chosen her and gave her the power to aquire the souls to bring the Nightmare Lords wrath back unto Sylestia. She would make Lord Krinadon proud, she would raise the Nightmare Lord.
Edited By KaylaBug on 11/3/2018 at 7:07 PM.
Starchild125
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 3
Posted: 11/3/2018 at 8:45 PM Post #92

Adara is a human turned demon she has at long last after a century discovered a way out of the underworld over that 100-year time span she acquired a hell monkey that she named Spark the only thing on her mind now is to find what's left of her family.
Edited By Starchild125 on 11/3/2018 at 8:48 PM.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 11/3/2018 at 9:39 PM Post #93
You go to bed early that night. It's been an impossibly long day - all you can think of is sinking your heavy head into your pillow and letting the world fade away behind your eyelids. As you peel off your sweater you feel your body swaying, almost like its being pulled to the mattress, magnetized to the cotton sheets...

==========

Your eyes fly open. You don't remember closing them...but here you are, tucked beneath your comforter, staring at the blue glow on your ceiling from your digital alarm clock. You begin to wonder what woke you so suddenly. As you finish that thought, your window begins to rattle slightly, a strong gust of wind howling against the walls of your home. It's loud. Louder than normal. You wonder if there was a storm in the forecast for tonight. Unable to ignore it, you pull out your phone and open up the weather app.

Strange...it doesn't show any wind.

You try to close your eyes again. This time, it seems like they won't stay shut. For minute after minute you lie there, staring at the ceiling, listening to the screaming wind as it grows louder and louder, until it sounds like a train blaring its horn at a crossroads.

You can't ignore it. You get out of bed and decide to make yourself some tea.

==========

Trundling up the stairs, you glance out the front window.

...Weird. The treetops are totally still, even though the wind sounds like it should be ripping off branches. Looking closer, you notice...nothing is moving. Nothing at all. The neighbor's flag hangs still as a painting. The leaves clinging to the trees in your front yard dangle delicately, not stirring the slightest bit.

Then you see it.

A glint of red. You are overwhelmed with a terrible loneliness, a sadness beyond description. Your vision blurs with tears you couldn't feel coming. You fall forward, catching yourself on the windowsill, eyes glued to the red, filling with such strong emotion it feels like the raging wind has caught you inside of it, whirling you farther and farther away from yourself...

The red gets closer. A face fades into focus around it, twisted in pain, mouth agape, an expression that captures the unbelievable whirlwind of emotion you feel, like a cruel mirror that shows only the worst of those who use it. The face draws nearer, a figure forming beneath it, black clothes whipping and lashing around it, the only movement in the stone-still world. She stands, screaming with the voice of a hurricane, the world asleep around her.

You can't hold it in anymore. You open your mouth to scream. The wind swallows your voice.

==========

Your eyes fly open. You don't remember closing them...but here you are, tucked beneath your comforter, staring at the blue glow on your ceiling from your digital alarm clock. You begin to wonder what woke you so suddenly. As you finish that thought, your window begins to rattle slightly, a strong gust of wind howling against the walls of your home. It's loud...

==========
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 12:23 AM Post #94

Andriana used to be a nice witch, granting the wishes of nice sylestia residents. Then one day a person wished to have an otter like sylesti created. In her efforts to merge an otter with other creatures in order to make a sylsti she fell into her cauldron. There was a puff of foul smelling putrid green smoke. She was transformed into a mismatched monster of various creatures. Now she roams the night eating dreams and causing mischief...at least until the potion wears off, but who knows when that will be. So beware traveller when abroad at night.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 11/8/2018 at 10:45 AM Post #95

Late at night
when the moon is bright,
and not a soul is up.

The winds will howl
the beasts will growl,
only to fall silent at the Huntress' call.

She breathes in and out
then starts to run about,
for once more she is free.

The wild is her playground
she can move without a sound,
she's not like you and me.

She'll start to twirl,
and stomp and hurl,
her dance has just begun.

Such displays of power,
which make the bravest cower,
is not for mortal eyes to see.

So stay in bed
and rest your head,
for the Huntress is about,
and if she finds you, you won't have time to shout.
Yamato
Level 65
The Artistic
Threads: 68
Posted: 11/8/2018 at 10:56 AM Post #96
You use BB code, not HTML. BB code would be [*img]Insert URL [*/img]

(Just remove the *s)
Kilnarak
Level 62
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/9/2018 at 10:09 PM Post #97

Nothing seemed to happen when the circle was completed, perhaps the spell had gone wrong? The lines drawn in chalk all seemed correct, the candles made of the proper sort of tallow, the herbs burned for the proper length of time... but still nothing happened. Had the spell been recorded incorrectly? Perhaps the author had made an error in the proportions...

The summoner turned away, a disappointed scowl curling their lips. They would need to recheck the tome, puzzle out what had gone wrong. It was a disappointment and a setback, but it couldn't be helped.

Of course, when they turned away they failed to see the dark pooling at the edges of their chalk-runes marked out on the floor, shadows oozing like liquid from the floorboards until they coated the floor like a layer of oil, obscuring the runes. Liquid shadows that rose up and coalesced into a nearly solid form, and then like a chrysalis broke open to reveal marble-white flesh beneath, an imperfect mirror of a human form marred with shadow-black scales and strange, angular spines. Shadows pooled about its dark-stained feet, draped upon its form almost like cloth. It took a step forward then stopped, its stained toes not-quite touching the chalk-lined edge of the summoner's circle.

"What do you wish?" The demon's voice was like silk, smooth and soft, echoing oddly in the small, closed room. When the summoner turned, they found it standing still, androgynous head cocked to the side with a spill of inky darkness mimicking hair falling across its scaled shoulder. It almost appeared harmless, childlike, with its wide, dark eyes and soft features - but the summoner new better. A smile graced their lips as they regarded their creature, pleased that the spell hadn't been a waste.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 11/13/2018 at 5:05 PM Post #98
Tragedy at Sea

From the time that Amelia was a young child, she had been obsessed with the ocean. Everything about the sea made her heart swell with joy, from the towering waves to the smell of the salty fresh air. She loved it all, and longed to be able to sail upon a vast ship and discover such incredible treasures like all of the sailors who came to her family's inn like to talk about. She would sit by the fire and listen to their tales of uncharted islands and powerful ocean storms, and she knew she would never be happy until she was able to be out there on her own.

Now, Amelia's parents did everything they could to discourage her from such wild notions. They tried to convince her that her destiny was to settle down and marry a nice young man who would inherit the inn with her. Needless to say, she hated this idea and she spent many years of her life trying to explain to her parents that she refused to do as they told her, but they wouldn't budge. She had finally began to realize that her hopes and dreams were unlikely to ever become real, and agreed to let her parents steer her down the path they had chosen for her.

On the day she was to be married, Amelia could not find it within her to be happy, try as she might. The young man was nice enough, but as the time drew near she knew that no man would ever hold her heart, for it belonged to the sea. She ran away from her home, from her family, and she went to the one place she knew she belonged. She arrived at the docks, changed into some of her father's old clothes she had taken from the house and searched desperately for a ship ready to set sail. Just as she was about to give up hope she found one and hurriedly smuggled herself aboard.

For two glorious days Amelia found herself exactly where she had always wanted to be, sailing the vast ocean, and she felt free and joyous. It was too bad that it wasn't to last. The ship she had chosen to sneak aboard was ravaged by a ferocious storm, and the entire ship and crew were dragged down into the depths. As she clung desperately to a piece of wood from the ship, knowing she had only moments left to live, she cried out to the god of the ocean, pleading with him to let her stay here at sea for the rest of her life, for she did not want to give it up now. He agreed, but she should have known there would be a catch...

To this very day, Amelia does indeed remain at sea, but she hardly even recognizes herself or remember anything of her former life. She had become the sea god's servant, a twisted and evil creature of the ocean, with sea snakes coiled about her head and large tentacles adorning her back. She carries a bright lantern and uses it to lure unsuspecting sailors to the edges of their boats where she grabs them and pulls them down to their watery grave. This is her constant payment to the sea god for allowing her to stay in the only place she had ever truly loved.
Edited By Britters on 11/14/2018 at 7:21 PM.
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 11/13/2018 at 11:15 PM Post #99
Fear Himself

"There is nothing to fear, but fear itself." How true this statement is, but perhaps don't call me an it. I am a person, but you would never know it. I shift into your fears, my minions also carrying out my bidding. I am an ever shifting face.... only facing your fears will ever grant you the chance to lay eyes on my true form. But it will be fleeting.

You will always fear something, and therefore I will always exist. Some would call me cruel and evil, but I am a necessary evil. And I love seeing your faces twist in terror.

And what a wonderful motivator I am! The things you will do in my name, in fear! You follow your tyrants willingly in fear of death and torture. You kill for fear of being killed. It's as if I'm a demon and I've possessed you. Your morals will fly out the window in my presence.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I delight in your suffering, in your fear. I'm the monster under the bed, the bogey man in your nightmares, I am the thing you fear. For I am the cause of your problems. I am fear himself.
Edited By Griffinlokison on 11/16/2018 at 11:28 PM.
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 11/15/2018 at 12:09 AM Post #100
This post has been deleted.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.