Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Fall Festival - Spooky Avatar Dress...
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Elise
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 99
Posted: 11/15/2018 at 12:35 PM Post #101

:Don't cry, little one. Don't cry. Your soul called me here. You need me here.:

Who... Who are you?

:I am the daughter of bare trees and the first frost that covers them. I am the icy breeze that pierces your soul, almost shattering it. I am the breath carrying your screams and tears to the night sky. I can make your soul stronger against your pain, or I can lay it bare for your pain to feast on.:

:You need me. I am your shield against your pain, if you'll have me.:

Ma'am... I just want my mom... Help me...

She spread her wings and the child ran up to her, eager for the refuge. As she embraced him, ice slowly began to cover his little body, growing thicker and thicker... Satisfied he could not escape, she began to blow on him - the tiniest of breath - and wherever she blew, the ice cracked a bit, and he cried out as the cold tore through him. Her hand would fix the holes, then she would blow some more, delighting in the desperate screams of her captive...
Edited By Elise on 11/15/2018 at 12:36 PM.
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 11/16/2018 at 7:36 PM Post #102
You decide to take a different path that day on the way home. Cutting through the woods would be much quicker and its getting dark out.

But this path took a strange turn. Thinking it may come back around, you keep going further and further.
Now the sun is setting and you think 'maybe I should turn back. At least there are street lights on the road.'

You turn, but the path has vanished beneath you. Squinting through the dim light, you look for familiar surroundings to set you straight, but see none.

Panic begins to set in. You start to run in what you think is the direction you came from.
Darkness creeps closer. You can't see a thing. Now you're stumbling, tripping over roots and slipping on wet leaves.
Was that a howl in the distance? Did something just touch me?

You reach a clearing. The moon is shining above, casting an erie glow. you stop to catch your breath.

But then you feel it. First just a sensation that something is amiss. The hair on your arms and the back of your neck stands up. You can see your breath in the air.

What was that sound? It sounded like something slithering through the grass.

Suddenly, something wraps around your ankles, holding you tightly. You reach down and feel what you think may be..a vine? You try to pull your legs away but they hold you firmly in place. The vines are painfully cutting into your ankles. Then more spring from the earth and travel up your body, wrapping as they go.
You scream. You try desperately to rip them away, to no avail.

The vines keep coming. They're up to your chest now. They've got your arms. You can't move.

You realize you can't scream anymore. You look down and the vines have fused together to form a solid piece. It almost appears like a tree. Then you feel the bark. It scrapes against your skin, tearing...

The tree is tightening its grip around you. It's very hard to breath now. All you can do is panic. A tear drips down your face. Your vision is getting fuzzy.....

Edited By Binkybunny on 11/16/2018 at 10:19 PM.
Aamore
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 11/17/2018 at 10:24 AM Post #103

~ The Dewdrop Fairy ~

Once there lived a fairy who was born from a dewdrop at the strike of midnight
Her skin was silver and white,
Her hair that of black,
And she sprouted wings like a bird.

She was a fragile creature,
With her thick feathered set,
Their thick heavy mold wouldn't let her take step
Into the gentle cold water, which surely was wet.

The fairy fluttered around,
Her frame tossing in the fall breeze,
And her heart cried in agony,
As she dreamed of her release.

The stream below her sparkled,
Sending the soft waves up with a glare,
It was almost as if they were laughing,
That she was in the air.

How she longed for a swim,
To relish in the gentle water drops,
But she knew that her fate,
Would certainly make her go plop!

But still she wished to feel the chilly water bubbling in the stream,
Until one day, there was she, faced with her dream.

Water fell from the sky and onto the fairy,
Her wings too soaked to help her carry.
She plummeted down into the rising water
Here heavy little wings making her choke and sputter

But...
Finally she was in the water,
How pleasant it felt on her skin!
But the moment was brief,
Because she didn't know how to swim.

Down sank the fairy,
With skin of silver and white,
The only thing she left behind was a small little bright light.
A glistening feather floated down the stream,
As a reminded that fairies, really can't swim.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 2:26 PM Post #104
The Bloody Snowman

There was once a Sylestian who thoroughly enjoyed killing all the enemies they came across, especially during festivals. One fateful night, during the Winter Festival, this particular Sylestian was ambushed by one of the Suspicious Snowmen lurking in the Festival Area. Despite the Snowman's success in killing the Sylestian.... something strange happened. They merged... into a bloody abomination! The Sylestian's murderous spirit refused to rest! This creature hunts around during every Festival, looking for more victims. It earned the name, 'Bloody Snowman', due to it's entire being having been dyed crimson red by all the victims it's slayed. The Bloody Snowman especially loves to appear around the Fall Festival, when Fear and Terror run at their highest, and souls linger around the land.
Hundenelsker
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 11:59 PM Post #105

Black, inky, deep, soul-consuming black. It had been his world for too long, ever since his sight was lost. His eyes saw nothing else and neither did his soul. Everything crumbled with every passing second until nothing was left but shards too small to rebuild. First his sight was taken as he tried to defend those he had trusted, that which he had believed in with every fiber of his being. That which he had devoted everything he was to had been the next to fail. The crack opened by his lost sight had made everything crumble away to nothing. The military he had loved turned their back so thoroughly on him and it let him know what he was more completely than anything else could even come close to. He was not a person, he was just a weapon, no better than the rifle he used. Once broken, he was just as easily discarded. No one gets left behind indeed.

It had been years since he had been set adrift, wandering from place to place with nowhere to go. The war was over but his own would never be. His new blindness allowed him to see the depravity of society, how it preyed on those it saw as weak. He lost count of all the cruel, mocking words he had heard, how many had tried to steal from him, trip him. Admittedly, it was always fun to stare them down or, always better, beat those who tried to do anything against him with his cane. It brought a level of amusement to a life of shadows and ice. Things were not as they once were, he was not as he once was, but he would continue on in this world. He wasn't going to just roll over and die.
Bunne
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 40
Posted: 11/23/2018 at 2:55 AM Post #106

So many legs! This is the never before seen Widow Queen, at least not by anyone still living. If you see her, it is the last thing you will see! Her green eyes paralyze you should you gaze upon them. Her minion is then set upon you with its venomous bite to do her dirty work. Trust me, you don't want to know what happens next!
Edited By Bunne on 11/23/2018 at 3:20 AM.
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 11/24/2018 at 1:32 PM Post #107

Whomsoever enters my earthly realm be forever bound by the unearthly curse of Kodama

It is said that there are spirits in this forest.

It is said that the trees are alive.

It is said that if you cut them they bleed.

It is said that you will bleed too.

Kodama are spirits in Japanese folklore that live in trees and curse those who cut down those trees. There are many shrines, trees, and rocks in Japan that are bound with Shimenawa rope to encase these spirits. They can also be seen in popular culture, such as in the film Princess Mononoke.

Carousel
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/24/2018 at 11:36 PM Post #108

Ever since Nurse Scarlett showed up, the hospital's supply of donated blood has been decreasing mysteriously. No one can figure out where it's going, but they all loved her idea for a donation drive slash costume party during the week before Halloween. Of course, the whole hospital would be welcome to participate in the festivities, but the kid patients were especially excited to not have to miss out on the one day of the year that they were practically encouraged to pig out on candy. Even more excited was Scarlett, forever a kid at heart. She was confident that the promise of spooky decorations, party games, and sugary treats would attract a crowd of healthy, lively donors.
Praised for her gentle nature by coworkers and patients alike, Scarlett's sweetness shines through all year round; everyone who interacts with her agrees that her presence is so soothing, it's as if she's put them under a spell. Other nurses can always depend on her to bandage wounds, give stitches, and take blood samples -- messy, tedious tasks that they quickly grow tired of, but that she seems to be uncannily skilled at doing. Oh, right, and who likes doing the graveyard shift? Probably no one in the world but Scarlett, who not only volunteers, but demands to work nights in place of the other nurses. That's why she's so pleasant to work with, as they say, albeit a bit old-fashioned, particularly in her speech and casual attire.
None of them expected her to arrive in such a showy, elaborate costume on the night of the staff's Halloween party, which captured the attention of everyone in the room. Her wings, horns, and fangs were so lifelike, and they all kept begging for pictures, but she put her foot down. Had she always been this camera-shy? Maybe she was just embarrassed to be in something so out of character, but then again, she seemed to be really into the whole thing whenever she bared her teeth and hissed at the partygoers. Luckily for her, she blended right in, and not even the smartest residents managed to connect the dots. It was Halloween, after all, and besides, who would expect someone as sweet as Scarlett to have a taste for blood? Well, let's just say that those who did haven't shown up to work in a while...
Mewtwostyle
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 11:47 AM Post #109

Approximately once every generation, nature chooses one soul to assist with protecting it where it is needed most. It selects them at a young age and keeps them on the right path for doing what would benefit nature best, going so far as to protect them from harm, should anything try to harm the selected one. It will occasionally make an appearance, where it materializes as something resembling a living tree, surrounded by vines that seem to have a mind of their own, and magic of some sort burning deep within, causing any openings on its head to glow vibrantly; at times, excess magic will overflow from the eyes and take on the appearance of wisps, while what appears to be magic crackles around it in hues of green and brown. It is not shy when it comes to protecting the next in line.

Once the selected one's natural time of death is near, the torch is passed from one protector to the next. The old one is able to rest in peace, while the new one takes the stand and begins their long vigil. No one knows how long this has been going on, but none dare to question how or why.

Nature does not mess around with those who try to do it harm. Those who have gone camping and participated in activities that would harm the plants or animals within, have been known to meet with a gruesome death; vines wrapped around them and crawling in and out of every orifice, limbs torn apart or impaled by branches, or even getting stuck inside a tree and being suffocated to death.

If you happen to stumble into the territory of the current guardian, tread carefully and do not do anything that would upset it. Be kind, and you may earn its blessing. If not, you may meet with a grisly end. For its power is nearly limitless out in the wilds, and none who have disregarded respect for nature and were in the wrong place at the wrong time have lived to tell the tale...

GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 5:28 PM Post #110
Beast Mistress

Papa told me a story the other night, it chilled me to the bones. It was sad, it was scary. Sit down on the log by the fire if you are brave enough to hear it. Many years ago, on a cold October night, a young woman named Mariette walked along a twisting path thru Umbra Forest. She was on her way to visit her family in the Sanctuary of Saerielle. Mariette was a kind soul and loved her family and pets very much. She had a special way with all the animals, especially with Jandur the lupora and a qitari named Jasmine. This path was known to have strange happenings, occasional disappearances, hauntings, and wild animals. Mariette went anyways, she wasn't scared, she had her best friends with her, Jandur and Jasmine.

No one knows what happened to her, she didn't show up at her family's home and a search turned up nothing. Some think that she wandered off the path, others think bandits got her, and still others think that there is a demon in the woods. I don't know what happened to her, but soon after she disappeared, others did as well. Pets were no help in protecting the locals. Others caught glimpses fiery figures and animals moving thru the tree line. Whispers talked of a Beast Mistress, a demon like no other. Eyes as black as night, leather wings and animals straight out of the netherworld. Demons as well, flames and glowing red eyes. The path has been permanently closed off and signs warn not to enter this section of the woods. So dear children, stay close to the fire. We should be far enough away from that section of woods.

As two pair of red eyes glow not far from the flames.

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.