Page 48 1, 2, 3... 47, 48, 49... 51, 52, 53 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nafariaandulin
Level 57
Fright Master
Threads: 102
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 12:22 PM Post #471
Eldred ~ 21 ~ DC

Eldred walked down the dirt road. He must make it to the capital. If he didn't, his father'd be really angry. The sun shone in his eyes. Her light almost piercing his very existence. Pharos landed on his shoulder, and the two headed towards the castle. Eldred hoped for no sign of bandits, but if the occasion came to that, he could cope. There was a small town up ahead. If it was possible, he'd buy a horse, so that the travelling would e easier. The sun's light beat down on the back of his head, her heat warmed him. At about noon, he stopped to eat a small lunch, then continued on. The road was treacherous and winding.
If only I'd brought Aludil! he thought.
Aludil was his horse. A beautiful horse with a beautiful black coat. Half-Arabian, Half-Quarterhorse, he had extreme speed and stamina. Eldred wished he hadn't been in a hurry to leave...
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 12:59 PM Post #472
(At the next post I make I will jump about 4months or so so it becomes winter, this will make it so that Eldred gets to the castle, this was planned earlier and I have now warned you all about the jump :D)

Agrona ~~ Poisonmaker master ~~ 22 ~~ currently in: DC

She smiled a bit at Ruairi as he spoke. "I never wished to become a priestess, however father did not wish to waste money, food and clothings on a daughter when he could spend it on a potential son." she replied with a smile. "However the godess I served had many women come to get their blesing for the birth and one for the child they carried. A young bard came by often she tught me to play the lute." she explained. "However her instrument was nowhere as delicate and wellmade as this one." she smiled as she gently started over with the lullaby. A craw was heard and she looked to her shoulder as the raven sat down. "Hello there Blaen." she said to the bird that just closed its eyes.

Cullyn of the Sapling ~~ Crown Prince ~~ 5 ~~ Currently in RG

As the priest pushed him towards the door he stumbled forwards, just barley keeping on his feets. It took quiet some restraint from the young man to not yell at the priest before he looked at the prince. "Your highness?" he asked with a soft, soothing tone. As the prince looked at him he carefully reached out with his hand, taking great care not to touch the burn on the cheek. "Well, the best I can say for the burn is some water from the well, it should be cool and gentle against the wound. For the back of the head Id recomend some strong drink to clean the wound, As to herbs ... Il go look at the herb room and Il go to his highness chaimber with them." he said after some time of thinking.

NPC for Nafa
The guard that stood at the entrance was more or less asleep. The warm, gentle embraze of the sun making him drowsy and tired. But as a lone figure sowly took hold of his mind he straightend up. The two green eyes looked at the man. He had rather nice looking clothes and his confidence was anything but that of a noblemans. Honestly it reminded him some of how the lors son walked. Cautiously he looked at the man, eyeing him up and down. Well he doesnt have the colours nor the crest of his lord and master. So he is from a diffrent family? Or perhaps just a really freaking wealthy merchant? "Welcome to Nadatar sire." he said politely with a kind smile.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 6/10/2017 at 10:27 AM Post #473
Ruairi~23 years~DC

"I see, well she must have certainly been a grand bard indeed." The bard answered before falling silent once again. A grand bard. It was a term that he had early used to speak of anyone. Why was that? Did he not thing them grand over here? No he just hasn't thought of using the term before. I fact since his time here he hadn't actually met many other bards save for the ones when he first got off the boat over here. What a strange thought that was.
The girl soon grew tired of playing with the flute thus she handed it back to the man before wondering on off ahead again. Maybe she would find some flowers or something to make a crown out of.

Molly & Zarune~ RG

"Thank you." Molly said rising to her feet. Blood covered the bottom hem of her dress as it fell back to the ground about her feet. With a swift and gentle motion she took up the child in her arms before exiting the courtroom. Thanks to the child she was still here. There was a hope for her and Zarune's future thanks to this child. He had sacrificed himself for them when he clearly didn't have to. One day he would make a fine King indeed.
The priest nodded to the chamberlain though refused to follow Molly and the boy as they left. "I will accompany you, I was headed that way anyways." He didn't know where the herb room was but either way it was in the opposite direction of the two. He-he needed to think. As this really what he wanted?
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/10/2017 at 11:09 AM Post #474

The sun had just barley started to shine brightly on the sky with its first beam of light for the day as she could make out the skyline that was the capital. In the middle the massive castle and the castlewalls. Around it the tips of the tallest housesin the city was seen peeking over the city walls. Ruairi had been kind enough to lend her money for a set of winter clothes. She slowly worked on paying him back as she worked as a herbalist wherever they went. "Well Rauairi, Thea, there you have it, the capital of this grand country and the seat of power in this world." she smiled at them. Since the days was so short now they walked before the sun rose to the skies and loong after it decended its throne, leaving them in the grip of a mourning heaven. As the sun slowly gilled the grey and pale world with light she simply stamped on the torch, saving it for next time. And with that the snow started falling once more, slowly covering the frosen and resting ground with a soft, white cove that grew thicker with every snowflake that layed down on the ground.

For some reason the prince, normally one to sleep untill woken up, woke before even the servants raised this morning. The dark room was lit up by a faint fire that was beeing kept alive by the servants that worked during the night. But despite the constantly burning fire it was cold enough for the child to wrapp the massive, thick covet around him, putting on his slippers before walking over the warm, expensive carpet that decorated his bedroom. As he pushed away the curtains from the window he saw the massive pearllike moon still rule the sky without any questioning. Its court of diamonds sparkling all around it, atleast there the clouds wasnt covering the sky. "Snow ... its snowing!" he whisperd. His breath turning into mist on the cold glass window. "SNOW!" he exclaimed, dropping the covet and tripping as he made his way to the wardrobe. After removing his sleepingclothes he quickly pulled on his thick winter clothes. A under shirt in wool as well as a tunic over it in wool as well. His pants was thick and made out of pure wool just like the clothes on his over body. The thick leather boots had fur in them and straw as well to help him keep warm and nice. Once all dressed he grabbed his cloak, hanging it over his shoulders before putting on a warm cap and mittens.

Once out on the courtyard it became clear that the prince was not the only child that had senced the snow falling down. Probably every child in the castle had gatherd in the courtyard to play. At the moment there was no nobles, no crown prince and no servants. All they were, was children that was playing to their hearts content. They didnt even notice his scar on the cheek any more. It was nothing more than a faint line that got visable first as his cheeks turned red, having healed rather nicely to be honest. Without any words really beeing said the children worked under the moon that still stood high on the sky. Girlo or boy matterd not, right now they were all working on two snowcastles and making snowballs for the comming snowwar that would rule the courtyard untill the grownups chased them all away to work or studies. The only light thye had was the moon, atleast to begin with but some of the working guards simply left a few lanterns here and there for the kids in the snowing weather. The white curtain slowly thickend, making it snow massivly. As the sun finally started to fight the moon for power of the heavens the castles was done, the snowing having died out only to start again but more gentle as the war begun. Noone really knowing who was in wich team.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/10/2017 at 2:54 PM Post #475
Ruairi~23 years~DC

"You know I never thought we would make it here." The bard said with a shiver. His teeth were chattering together as he pulled the cloak tighter about him. Home was cold but never this cold, no this was enough that if you stopped moving you would freeze would before you got moving again. "But I can't say that I'm sad we got here so much faster." There was nothing more he wanted than to curl up in front of a warm fire with a strong drink. That would be lovely in fact. Maybe the inn would have just that. Again he pulled the cloak tighter about himself in an attempt to stay warm though it was to no avail. Sasha was curled up in his tunic at the moment, she had been there for some time, though even with her he still felt cold. This weather was horrid!
"It's so big, I've never seen a city that stretched so far before!" The girl said in amazement. Four long months had paid off! She was finally here and for once she wasn't alone. Ruairi had offered to teach her the bard trade and even to serve as her parent in a way. It had been so long since she had felt normal around people, that she had felt wanted. It was a nice enough feeling just to know that someone had your back when you went to sleep at night. This was all she had wanted in life and now she had it. Happily she raced ahead and kicked a mount of snow sending it flying into the air.

Molly & Zarune~ RG

It was morning already? Groggily the man woke stretching easily as not to wake the woman next to him. It had been four months since the trial and every night he found himself returning to the bed with Molly. It wasn't that they were officials married yet but the fact that he could rest the whole night next to the woman he loved was enough for the moment to call them married. The woman barely stirred as he stood. The wound on his hand had healed as had the one on his shoulder though there was a slight stiffness that had taken in the wounds place making some movements difficult. Today was the first day he had woken before Molly. She had gotten home late into the nights d thus was sleeping later into the day. He had no such luxury. As the teacher of the prince and the head of the nearly finished temple of Finn it was his job to see that no waking moment went to waste. It hadn't been his idea to become the head of the Temple, it was merly that the he was the place holder until the pope made it to the capital. With a yawn the man stood and slipped one the robes he normally wore. Now for the morning classes. Today they would be exploring the art of reading minds, since the boy had prove that he was capable of doing such. Shivering a bit the man opened the door and stepped out to find the courtyard full of the castle children. Cullyn was among them. With a sigh the man made his way towards them. "Come along Cullyn! We must start your morning lessons!" The priest called towards the child.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/10/2017 at 3:14 PM Post #476

She shuckled a bit at him, he looked so coold and as if he would turn to a living icecube any moment. "We should probably go for one of the northeastern taverns. They are in the middle range. The customers are plenty and they are always looking for a good bard in them. The higher end taverns here have a fulltime working bard in most cases and the more shady ones ... well lets just say I doubt we would have even a strand of cloth on ouer bodies once we left them." she said thoughtfully. "Oh and I have a favour to ask you if you dont mind." she smiled at the man. Thea was far ahead of them so she wasnt gonna hear them even if the girl tried to, the distance was just to massive for that.

Right as he heard the mans voice call for him he got a snowball in his face. A bit surpricced he shaked his head before looking at the man. "No! I dont want to!" he protested before throwing a snowball at the priest. The others glanced at Cullyn before a laughter spread and the kids simply banded togeather, tossing every snowball they could find at the poor man. Its not often they have a reason to ^attack^ a priest, even rarer to not get whipped for it. But as of now they were simply following the prince and keeping him from beeing ... kidnapped by his teacher.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 12:33 AM Post #477
Ruairi~23 years~DC

"Which ever has the warmest fire has my vote." The man said trying desperately to keep his teeth from chattering. When the woman looked to him though he thought nearly instantly that she was thinking of leaving their merry little group. After so much that they had done? How could she just walk away like that? But in reality it turned out that she was merely asking a favor of him. "Ask away." The man said looking forward towards where the girl was still kicking and throwing snow about. She still seemed like a child at heart even if she was nearly a grown woman. Maybe it was all those years she had been pushed aside, then again some children never grew out of playing around.

Molly & Zarune~ RG

With a slight screech of terror the man ducked out of the way, taking shelter behind one of the pullers that surrounded the courtyard. "Cullyn! This is t funny!" The man yelled not daring to poke his head out from his hiding spot. Why was it always difficult to get the boy to go to his morning lessons? It was always something keeping him destracted from his work, but as soon as mid day came around he wished to listen and learn again. There was somethings about children that one never understands.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 1:41 AM Post #478

Agrona ~~ Poisonmaker/Herbalist master ~~ 22 ~~ currently in: DC

She shuckled a bit at his comment about the fire. "The green Dragon have three fireplaces just in the common area so Id say that is the warmest one." she answered However he seemed to get rather tense, scared almost but it disepeard after a few moments. "So far we have only been in smaller towns and larger villages. They dont care as much as those in larger towns and villages as they have less of a reputation to lose than those in larger ones. So I was wondering if you could simply introduce yourself as her father even at the ins and whoever asks. I was thinking of talking to Thea about it as well, she would get quiet a bit of trouble if she dont have a guardian." she said calmly. Honestly she dont mind the stigma herself, and if to much she can always just go to a temple to stay in.

She had been met with whispers and rumours, traveling along with a man and a young woman. Untill they had discovered that she was a herbalist master she had just been offerd less ... attractive jobs and she can take that. Its no big deal really ut Thea had been having a rough childhood and she didnt want the girl having all that as well. Granted she had probably gotten her share of such sugestions in her life already, but if any more could be prevented that would be great.

"Its funny!" he protested to the priest before tossing some more snowballs.

The chaimberlain stopped as he got a snowball in the head, glaring at the direction it came from. Damien? Zarune?! Do you need any help your hooliness?" he asked with a shuckle. However as the kids seemed to notice him he as well had to take cover. "By the gods, they dont take this battle lightly do they?" he mumbled, spitting out the snow he had gotten into his mouth.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 10:20 AM Post #479
Ruairi~23 years~DC

The bard thought for a moment upon hearing this. It wasn't really a matter of how he felt about it, he love kids! He even wanted some of his own if a moment proved right, but this far it hasn't. Maybe taking in a child like this would be good for both him and her. "I'd be happy to accept these terms." He said before looking back up at the girl. "Though maybe it should go all the way as far as adoption." Ruairi suggested. That would be one step closer to the family he wanted, to the life he wished to live. After the months they had been together on the road he was starting to feel...attached to Agrona. Nothing had happened between them thus far but in a way he felt like there was something more between them then just friendship. Who knows maybe she felt the same way about him. He doubted it but there was always a hope that it might be.

Molly & Zarune~ RG

"Tell me about it." The priest said forming his own snowball. It had been years since he had done this! I fact that last time he had even been allowed to play in the snow it was when he was back home. He had accidentally hit father with one and hadn't been able to sit of a week do to a certain tenderness in his buttocks afterwards. Now though there was nothing to stop him. He was free to do as he wished now. Peering out from behind the column he drew back his arm and threw the snowball at the prince. "How many kids are in the castle? It's like a whole army out there!"
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/11/2017 at 10:39 AM Post #480

Agrona ~~ Poisonmaker/Herbalist master ~~ 22 ~~ currently in: DC

"Well if it was official it would be great for her. The larger the city the less the people in it tolerate. In a small village or city they wont question a man traveling with two women, all unrelated. They just want news from the outside world and a nice song or two. But in towns such as this one ... reputation is everything. With no name or in the case of a woman ... noone to rule over you you have nothing. The cats have more value in those cases." she sighed a bit. It is a problematic situation for any woman who isnt serving a god. As a priestess you are free from any harassment there can be. After all, who would dare touch a servant of the gods?

He thought for a moment. "I think there is roughly 225 children in the castle. Most soldiers and servants have atleast one child of their own. Noblemens send their sons and daughters to the court for training and to form diplomatic bands." he said before throwing a bunch of snowballs over the snowwall they rested behind.

He pulled a few kids along with him and as they got up on a staircase they simply started throwing the snow on it at the priest and chaimberlain.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 47, 48, 49... 51, 52, 53
This Page loaded in 0.056 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.