Page 31 1, 2, 3... 30, 31, 32... 51, 52, 53 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/4/2017 at 3:27 PM Post #301
Aris

He nodded and he cleared his mind. He knew this would take maybe even a year just to get to the King's court. He couldn't act like a child even though he would most likely be considered one. He knew to the King he was just a simple peasant and he would not have the respect of someone closer to the royal family. He would be treated like he had treated others before. Now he had to bottle up emotions like Emont had. He knew there was no point in being upset when he could be punished for it. He smiled as best as he could. He no longer had his dagger but he didn't care. He had no need for it unless he was given a weapon which most likely would not happen. He looked at his surroundings. This was the same forest the wolves had come from. And the one where Emont had been captured by bandits. He had made a deal with the bandits now who knew what had happened to them. No one could have stopped Emont when he was aware of the surroundings. That was why the assassin had killed him so easily without a fight.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 12:10 AM Post #302
Zarune~ 29 years old~ RG

Never before had the priest felt so useless. The belt proved to difficult for him this the herbalist took it upon himself to make sure the pants didn't fall too low and the the tunic didn't fly up. How humiliating! And all he could do was stand there and watch. Lord it was like the Temple all over again. He had had the hardest time learning to put the ones on thus the priests had to help him do so often with harsh words and a good beating. Now though was different, he was a grown man unable to dress himself! When it was said and done though he was thankful that it had been just the herbalist that had seen his failure. It was strange how the man spoke to the woman with such honeyed words that no one else ever heard. Love truly made one do strange things. Their dialogue was rather sappy though one could tell they loved each other. A simple word such as love would have worked, or honey even. As sweet as honey they say. When the man returned with the bandage, Zarune took it gratefully. Finally some relief. Tying it he put his arm into it and carefully lefted his arm enough to have it resting comfortably in the makeshift sling. It was all he could do not to black out again though he did fall forward a bit to lean on the table. Lord what a day.

Molly~25 years~RG

"It's nice to finally meet you then. As you know I am Molly though what you put in don't of it is up to you." She said standing up straight. "Do you mind if we take a bit of a walk? I need some...fresh air." Se waiting not for the answer as she walked past the man. It was true she felt as if she needed the air, that she needed the space. At times like this she found that the courtyard proved most useful. The roses and such flowers seemed to just melt the trouble away with their beauty and fragrance. Though she had never been much of a gardener she had always found something in flowers that she didn't in most anything else. Peace, she found peace in each petal of every flower. A peace that she had found in two places. One in the courtyard, and the second when she was near the priest. Try as she might her mind always came back to him and his ways. She had never met a person like him before, maybe that was why she loved him so. It was strange what love could make the mind do.

Ruairi~23 years~DC

"Oh come now I don't want to bore you." He said though inside he knew that there was all to tell. Where to begin in face! For one that he had grown up in a palace with servants waiting on him hand and foot? He didn't want her to know he had once been rich beyond compare. "I assure there is nothing to tell I am but a bard that has travled from place to place." Should he tell of the Plauge that killed his people? Of how every now and again he would think of returning to the place he once knew? No she need not know that! He had left the behind him on the boat when he sailed over to this land. No one should know.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 3:06 AM Post #303

Cullyn of the Sapling ~~ Crown Prince ~~ 5 ~~ Currently in RG
The young man looked at Molly slightly confused as she invited him to tag along on a walk. "Eum ... sure .." he said as he followed the woman with quick steps. After some time he couldnt help but let the anxiety take over. "No offense miss but can i truley leave his highness the prince alone much loonger?" he asked while looking at her while walking. He had just gone to leave the food plates and apologice to her on the way back. But as it was now she was keeping him away from the prince more than he feelt was really good. He had been told to watch over the young boy and he didnt feel good about simply leaving him be like this.

As he saw the woman drink some of the milk and hold it over with a smile. The child took the cup and looked at her a while. "How are you feeling?" he asked curiously. "Im fine thank you for asking your highness" she answered calmly. While looking at at her he carefully raised the cup, sniffing it a bit. Carefully he tasted the drink. Well it tasted like it should. But then again, it doesnt prove much to be honest. But he was coold and the milk with honey was really nice and warming.

Agrona of the Raven ~~ Poisonmaker master ~~ 22 ~~ currently in: DC

She raised an eyebrow as he said there was nothing to tell. Her face turned towards him. This was a statement she trusted about as much as the wolves beneath them. In all honesty the wolves seemed more trustworthy. Atleast she know they were beeing honest with what they want. To eat them and tear them into pieces. "Well then,do you have any stories from your homeland? Im tired of those from Enlil, I know most of them." she said yawning a bit as if the situation was boring her. She glanced down at the wolves that was now sitting, the scene beeing almst amuzing. To be honest the massive, furry animals looked like nothing but dogs begging at the table. "When they dont growl they are kinda cute ..." she mumbled to her self looking down at the animals. Maby she should try getting a pup later on? Well she does know where to go for odd things after all so it wouldnt be compleatly impossible.

NPC for Hawk & Sapphire

The old man looked at the priest a moment before offering him a herb. "It will help with the pain you feel as well as calm your mind." he explained to him. He was quiet a while before smirking. "And between you and be, try to stay calm around her." he said in a encouraging tone. The man was a bit to eager to go see Molly for somethign as simple as hearing a confession, conducting a cermony or doing a collective prayer. To the old man it was clear that the priest before him had feelings, even if he himself wasnt sure about it. Heck he had the same eagerness to meet Molly as he had had to meet his wife as a young man. And thus he had simply made a fool out of himself several times before even talking properly to her. nowadays the lovely woman he calls his wife simply just teases him about it now and then.

He looked at the young boy next to him befre glancing back at the four soldiers accompaning them. Well atleast they seem to be unphased by this event. Probably the prospect of going to the capital to be honest. "My lord, I know it would be a massive detour but why dont we visit the Silver Lake on ouer way to the capital? It will double the time used to travel but it is a rare chanse to go and pay ouer respects to the god in such a holy place" he said with a smile to the boy. The child seemed so distracted it was hard for him to figure out wich mood he was in to be honest.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 9:19 AM Post #304
Aris

"Then if you wish we will........" Aris said not mentioning that he would ask the goddess to take care of his brother's soul. He wanted to be forgive but he didn't know for what. His horse was obviously uncomfortable but it was like all the other horses except for the captain's horse. They rode along for a while and it was almost daylight. "Shall we rest for a while and make sure the horses rest?" Aris asked not wanting to push his good luck at all. He knew it might not last at all because of bandits and wolves. Who knew what else could be out there? Aris pat his horse gently. He knew that the danger didn't stop here. He knew anyone would attack just to get money and who knew? Maybe someone payed a assassin to kill him? Yeah that seemed very reasonable considering how unpopular he was.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 10:02 AM Post #305
Zarune~ 29 years old~ RG

Again he found himself taking the object that the man offered him. "What do you mean by that?" Zarune said a bit confused by that statement. The herb was then placed in his mouth and chewed though it's bitterness made him want to spit it out. He had to keep his strength, the road ahead was long and dangerous thus he must keep his mind about him and think about his actions. Slowly the pain seemed to melt away just as it had when Finn had taken it. If he hadn't done that there was no telling how much pain there would be now. He was lucky that it only happened when he moved the injured appendage not constantly like it could be. Who was he kidding he knew exactly what the man was saying! He could see past the lie Zarune had been telling thus why not embrace it? Clearly the man knew what he was doing, for his wife was a sign of that, so why not make the most of this moment? "If you wish to give me advice about winning her over I'd be more than happy to sit and listen." The priest said lowering himself some as he did. "To be frank I haven't a clue what I am doing, the Temple didn't exactly teach me how to act about a woman." What a strange statement for one to say, yet it was sadly true. He hang a clue where to even start.

Molly~25 years~RG

"Then I guess you should be going." The maiden said though her pace never faltered as she continued her path to the garden. Already her nostrils were full of the sweet smell of the roses, the tangy scent of the other flowers that grew there seemed not to be able to blend through the rather strong fragrance. As she walked she pasted many a guard, all whom either snickered or turned to their partners to whisper to them. Normally she would have defended herself though today she just took the abuse. There was no point getting into more trouble when already her life was on the line. To think she hadn't even had a chance to settle down in the world, her mark was not left on it other than to show that the Kings Knights were too blind to see that there was a woman among them. Everything she had done was to break some rule or to prove herself to a father that never wanted her. He had hoped for a son though he only ever got Molly, ever time after her the child was dead upon birth all of them being boys. Settling for what he was given he trained her like he would have a son though she would never be able to live a life of a knight thus he never thought she would amount to anything more than a bar maid. When she was found portraying a man he simply disowned her leaving her to her punishment, though what she got was anything but. At first watching the child had been a punishment but then it become something more, a reward to say. Now though she had messed up yet again and this time the punishment was greater. The garden was empty thank goodness allowing her to chose whichever bench to sit upon. Molly simply say there gazing into the void of red and green thinking of what more she could have done with her time.

Ruairi~23 years~DC

His face grew pale. How did she know of his homeland? No one had ever known! He made sure to keep his accent at bay and to never speak of the place, how did she know? "You misunderstood, this is my homeland though I have traveled to other places. I came home though now to settle down somewhat. I want to get a home here so that I don't have to stay in an inn all the time. I want a place I can call home." It was a good enough story, and most of it was true. He did wish to make a home here in case he ever wanted to get away, though it was never going to be home. He wanted to go back to his homeland and rebuild his childhood home, it was a little neglected now but would make a sturdy house for childern. Though that was not an option. The Plauge had done enough to him already, with the high fever claiming his family. Even today he felt its pain when he looked at the scars on his arms. Straight lines cut over the sores to bleed the toxin from the body though most times it failed. Many died from infection while he remained with the pain of being alone and scared from the experience. Yet no one knew of this, he had told not a soul.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 2:05 PM Post #306

Cullyn of the Sapling ~~ Crown Prince ~~ 5 ~~ Currently in RG
The man nodded, bowing politely to the woman before rushing away to the princes chamber, only to find him still in the bed, reading the books. So a lot calmer at heart he stood by the door, waiting to be asked to leave or asked for anything. But the child never even looked up at him, even less talked to him. So after some time he left the bedroom and waited in the livingroom and started looking around it. He dont seem to have a lot of personall things now does he? Quietly he looked at the door that seperated him from the prince. With a silent sigh the young man begun cleaning up the small mess there was. Mainly a few specks of dust here and there. Just to keep himself busy to be honest. He is used to work from a few houers before sunrise to several houers after it sets even during summertimes so for him it was almost unbearable to not do anything.

She studied him carefully, her eyes could easly see him pale to what could only be described as the colour of a corps. Cold and lifeless in its colour and nyances. With a sigh she pulled her legs towards her body, holding them with her arms and leaning her head against the bareleg that now wasnt coverd at all by the ripped skirt. "Then I apologice, I just thought I heard a foreign accent somewhere in the background. But would you then mind telling me of what you learned, heard and saw?" she asked, still leaning her head against the knees. She was bored and in all honesty his woice is rather comforting. It seems to have somethign warm in it, something comforting and gentle. She had heard many a bard at the courts of lords and around the country but never one with the sort of voice that he holds in his. Waiting for a reply she looked at him with her brightbrown, almost golden eyes and as a wind blew, covering her face with the darkblond hair she couldnt help but shiver a bit. The dress was still quiet wet so the cold autumn wind didnt really help at all. If she had her herbs she wouldnt risk getting sick, but as it was now she was clearly not going to come out of this unphased.Slowly she lowerd her eyes after a few moments in silence from Ruairi and down to the hungry animals. Her eyes spaced out a moment as she focused on the lifestring above the animals. All strong and loong, glowing brightwhite so they were nowhere near of dying at all. Guess this will take a loong time to finnish.

NPC for Hawk & Sapphire

"Look here, No woman is the same, neither is no man the same as anyone to walk before or after them. We are all diffrent and there are no shortcuts. However, what i learned the hard way is that beeing honest and yourself is what is important" he smiled at the young man. He rubbed his neck a bit. "I know its not helpfull but thats about it I can do unfortunally. I made the mistake of trying to be someone I wasnt, and I tried to court my wife with what I thought women likes. It turned out that was not quiet what SHE liked" he smiled.

He nodded at the young lord with a smile. When the young boy sugested a brake he nodded politely. "Ofcorse my lord, however we cant take breaks to often if we are to reach the kings castle this side of the year." he said signaling the soldiers to halt before stopping next to the lord. With a swift, agile movement the man stood on the ground and hold the lords horse as well as his own so the boy could get of the animal. After a nodd from him the guards got of their animals, quickly tending to them. Releasing the girth and removing the saddles. With that done the guards brushed the animals carefully before putting halters on the animals. Once the halters were on they tied the animals to the few last trees that was near the fort and let the animals graze as loong as the ropes allowed them.
Edited By Jillyana on 3/5/2017 at 2:13 PM.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 2:22 PM Post #307
Aris

He knew the fort was to sleep in but he looked at the sky longer than he expected. "Goddess......" Aris whispered. "I am sorry........ take care of Emont and treasure his wise nature." He then stood up and headed into the fort to rest. Sleep chased him down and soon he fell asleep. His dream was of Emont's death and what he had said before he had died. Had he really not fought the assassin? He knew Emont well but that wasn't like him. Did he somehow know he was in danger? Had he been to obvious? Oh yeah not like anyone would suspect Aris sneaking out for a while. He thought bitterly. He then shook his head. Was Emont better at accepting things than Aris? Was Emont wiser than his age? Yes he had learned more than Aris in his time. Yet his life was short.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 7:17 PM Post #308
Zarune~ 29 years old~ RG

"Well thank you for what advice you have given me, friend." The priest smiled before clearing his throat. "I should be going, I'll return when I've finished. Till next time." With that he turned from the man and search for the exit. It was a difficult task but he eventually got out of the place. It was nice to be out in the open again even if her felt naked without his robes. How strange it was to be dressed like the others, to nearly look like them. He was a commoner as far as they were concerned. The walk was a long, enough to make one weak at the knees, though the reward was worth it. He hadn't a clue which door was hers, it had been a while since he had last seen it. His travels sent him up and down the walk way multiple times with no luck. All the rooms were either empty or had someone completely different in it. A guard, having been waken from his slumber, informed him that Molly had been seen ventureinf off towards the courtyard. Zatune would have never guessed thus he thanked the man. Butterflies fluttered about his stomach as he slowly made his way towards the rather beautiful garden. What is she still held a grudge? Then he would take his punishment like that of a man. The garden was lovely like none he had seen before, the roses here were larger than any from the other kingdoms. And what a fragrance they gave off! It was quite lovely really. But nothing could compare to the woman that was sitting among the flowers. She was even more beautiful out of her armor with her hair about her shoulders as it seemed to glow in the sun like. If his keeps hadn't have been weak from the walk they surely would have been now. There was no chance he would turn back now, not when he was this close. Puffing his chest out some Zarune walked forward towards Molly. What did he say?! How would he address her about this matter? There seemed to be no need as he took the spot next to her. Neither made eye contact for sometime till the man turned to look at her. That was when it happened. She as well turned to him though he intentions were different. Her movement was so quick that he barely knew what was happening. Her lips pressed against his as her arms wrapped about his neck. All in all he gave a look of shock for some time before he smiled and embraced it. His arm wrapped about her waist as they sat there embraced in the moment. And what a moment it was.

Ruairi~23 years~DC

He could see her shivering thus he shed his cloak and help it out to her. "I've seen many of things, things some won't believe. There are lands out there made of nothing but tiny bits of rock called sand, that's what they use over there to make a substance as hard as rock to hold buildings together. Other lands are so cold there is always snow over the land and the animals there are soo wooly they make sheep look sad. One land though caught my interest." Should he tell her? If they were to die here he wanted someone to know. "Me 'omelan' wus wan av de few places oi 'av foun' dat truly made me 'eart sin'. de grass dare wus so much greener than dis stuff 'ere. dare wus alwus rain too meanin' dare wus never a shortage av water. dare wus castles aplenty an' merry tren as well. everyone drank an' sang for de sake av 'avin' a gran' auld time an' naw wan wus ever cross. oi chucker miss de place so though it seems oi 'ill in me brown be able ter return. yer clap oi'm waaat can be called de last av me "kind". a nasty sickness swept through de lan' leavin' thousands dead. scon are de only wan av me family dat lived through it. in order ter escape oi fled de lan' though not withoyt constant reminder." (Translation below) The accent that followed the words was thick as he let it fully flow. How long has it been since he had heard words such as those? Too long. It felt so good to hear them again even if the woman couldn't understand. "The long and short of it is that this isn't my home, I shouldn't lie but I didn't want anyone to know. I don't feel the same though when I'm with you. In truth I want to tell you everything, I want to show you everything that I have seen. I like you Agrona, as a friend."

Translation- My homeland was one of the few places I've found that truly made my heart sing. The grass there was so much greener than this stuff here. There was always rain too meaning there was never a shortage of water. There was castles a plenty and merry tune as well. Everyone drank and sang for the sake of having a grand old time and no one was ever cross. I do miss the place so though it seems that I'll never be able to return. You see I'm what the call the last of my "kind". A nasty sickness swept through the land leaving thousands dead. I'm the only one of my family that lived through it. In order to escape I fled the land though not without constant reminder:
Edited By Hawkeye on 3/5/2017 at 10:07 PM.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/6/2017 at 2:17 PM Post #309

Amsden of the Sapling ~ King ~ 65 ~ Currently in: RG
A soldier that walked in to the guarden stopped on respectable distance first, letting them end their embrace before aproaching. "Your holiness?" he asked a bit unsure. Never had he seen a priest in such clothings. It looked just like the priest but he had no way to tell for sure unless he really asked. However the soldier was young, barley even 15 and yet a footsoldier by rank just like most adult soldiers were, few becoming knights. If taken out into battle he would most likely be in the first lines, beeing nothing more than a meatshield. But as it was now, he was barley anythign more than a messenger from the king to the priest.

When given the cloak she smiled faintly before taking it, wrapping the warm wintercloak around him. As he begun to talk she got a stronger smile on her lips and closed her eyes, just enjoying the moment. A warm, soothing voice, for once having noone to answer to and a genuinly kind soul next to her. After he had been silent for a while she looked up at him with a tired smile. Maby everythign was finally catching up to her? "I thank you for the trust, and I must admit I do enjoy your company, however Im not yet sure in wich way if I am to be frank." she smiled at him. "To be honest, I really love your voice. Its warm, calming, soothing and gentle. Thank you ever so kindly Ruairi for granting me the pleasure of hearing it." she added with the still tired smile. A sneez made her wobble a bit on the branch before finding her balance again. "Oh for Bels sake, this is ridiculous" she mutterd in a tired tone.

NPC for Hawk & Sapphire

The guards looked at the small fort before sitting down to rest. What are they to do now? Wait for the lord to wake up? Without much to do the small group sat in silence just waiting.

(IM SO SO SO sorry for short answers, im quiet tired today)
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 3/7/2017 at 3:19 PM Post #310
Aris

He woke up and got out of the tent. He looked at the guards. He went up to the head guard. "When do you think we should head out once more?" Aris asked. He had prayed to the goddess to take care of Emont who now he worried about yet he didn't let it show. He wished his brother good luck on his journey. He hoped he would find peace. Aris looked at his horse and smiled. He knew this would be hard especially with not knowing what could be out there. He went to his horse and patted it gently. He looked back at the head guard. Aris kept his mouth closed and didn't speak. He felt strong but also weak. Somehow he couldn't stand making the guards wait. He wouldn't eat unless it was dire since he knew food would need to last. He closed his eyes.

One of the guards got slightly restless but she didn't show it. How come she was forced to take this sniffly, weeping and helpless brat to the king? She had better things to do but no. The guard tried to hide her anger but it was hard. She swallowed slightly and she looked at Aris. Why was he so kind now? He should be spitting at them in anger for laying around. She didn't glare at him though she wished she could. She looked at the head guard and knew she would get attacked if she acted out of place or made one wrong step. She held her sword's handle and closed her eyes. When she opened them she saw nothing important except the little brat she had been ordered to take care of. She stood up and leaned against the tree casually. She sighed softly. She was surprised the other guards weren't acting like babies around Aris well except for the head guard. She was sometimes called scum by the townsfolk but it didn't bother her anymore. It was normal but she wished she was called by her real name but only few knew it. She thought of leaving the group to hunt for food but she didn't because she didn't have the orders to. She knew she was hungry but would not eat until told to. She knew the life of a guard was going to be hard but not as hard as pampering a little stuck up brat.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 30, 31, 32... 51, 52, 53
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.