Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 7/5/2021 at 10:29 AM Post #121
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=12#120
Author: Starpup5
Time Posted: 6/22/2021 at 12:21 PM
(Hopefully you are feeling mentally better soon and it's alright I won't kick you from this unless you want me to)

The Strand is a decent distant away nut when you get there and walk inside the cashier greets you. She asks if you are looking for something specific and if she can help. The cashier is perky and friendly.

(I should be okay to continue replies are just going to be slow)

Dessi threw up her own smile, "I was wondering if you happened to have any Portuguese to English dictionaries or happen to have an English copy of this book?" she held up the Portuguese book she had acquired.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 7/5/2021 at 6:48 PM Post #122
(Okay then thank you for telling me and if you don't want to continue this I will totally understand.)

She frowns, "I'm sorry we don't have any of the books by Nellie Bly but we should have a copy of the Portugese to French and a French to English book. If you'd like I can show you where those are at."
Not quiet what you were looking for but it's close and it maybe as close as you can get. Do you want to take them?
Blackwing2000
Level 13
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 3:24 PM Post #123
Detective Rookie hands Ivory a map after they reach the end of the driveway, "Please take this miss it's a map of New York and it's best restraunts that aren't too pricey. By the way I probally give this to you as well."
He hands you a small first aid kit, "For the scratch wound those can get a nasty infection. Good bye."
The map has libraries, museums, restraunts but not Blackwell's Island. On the map there are six different restraunts one of which was marked by Detective Jones: An Italian restraunt, a French restraunt, a fast food place, a home style cooking, an Indian restraunt, and the one Detective Jones circled a Mexican restraunt. On her note off to the side: Amazing Chilaquiles, Elote (corn on the cob), and Tamales. Each place has it's advantages and disadvantages where would you like to go first?

(Had trouble getting my phone to comply with this.)
"Thanks for the map and first aid kit." Ivory thanks him for the first aid kit and quickly takes care of the scratch. Taking a look at the map, she decides to go to the home style cooking. A bit of food on an otherwise empty stomach wouldn't hurt.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 3:33 PM Post #124
After treating the scratch wounds Ivory choose to go to the Home style restraunt. As Ivory walks in the restraunt she notices the other patrents two of which are talking quietly about the murder.
The man glances up noticing Ivory for the first time, "Hello Miss Parson would you like to join us?" He is wearing an expensive looking suit which is green/grey in color. His voice is inviting yet threatening at the same time.
His female compainion shifts nervously in her seat as her red hair seems to stand up slightly. Her white dress is not as nice as his suit but it's ovious they are at the restraunt together to talk about something. Her eyes dart around the room not looking as composed as the gentleman with her.

What would you like to do?

(Yes)
Blackwing2000
Level 13
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 4:15 PM Post #125
After treating the scratch wounds Ivory choose to go to the Home style restraunt. As Ivory walks in the restraunt she notices the other patrents two of which are talking quietly about the murder.
The man glances up noticing Ivory for the first time, "Hello Miss Parson would you like to join us?" He is wearing an expensive looking suit which is green/grey in color. His voice is inviting yet threatening at the same time.
His female compainion shifts nervously in her seat as her red hair seems to stand up slightly. Her white dress is not as nice as his suit but it's ovious they are at the restraunt together to talk about something. Her eyes dart around the room not looking as composed as the gentleman with her.

What would you like to do?

Intrigue works its way into Ivory's mind. Though taking a direct interest shows some thoughts, it's interesting to receive an invitation such as this. "It would be my pleasure, Mr...?" She left it open, her way of asking who he was. Such formalities aren't her strong suit.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 4:22 PM Post #126
"You may call me Mr. Green," The man says as he pulls out a chair for Ivory to sit on, "My partner here is Miss Icily."
Miss Icily nods once siginaling that she had heard as she passes Ivory a menu.
"Your meal is on me Miss Parson. Though we have much to discuss. You see I'm in a bit of bind and I think you will be soon as well. Mr. Niccos is working on getting the rest of the competition together to work against us since I have a copy of Nellie Bly's book and passage to Blackwell's Island. Take all the time you need to think my proposal over just know if you agree to help me you will have both as well," Mr. Green speaks, "After all I am a business man who knows how to make his partners happy. Mind you though if you betray me I know how to find people who are more than capable of finding you."
Miss Icily shutters at the last sentence she was oviously very scared of that last sentence.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 4:40 PM Post #127
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=13#122
Time Posted: 7/5/2021 at 6:48 PM
(Okay then thank you for telling me and if you don't want to continue this I will totally understand.)

She frowns, "I'm sorry we don't have any of the books by Nellie Bly but we should have a copy of the Portugese to French and a French to English book. If you'd like I can show you where those are at."
Not quiet what you were looking for but it's close and it maybe as close as you can get. Do you want to take them?

"sounds like that'll work to help me translate, i'd love if you could show me them" she said hiding her disappointment behind a smile.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/13/2021 at 8:56 AM Post #128
*Im sorry we dont have exactly what you wanted,* She says showing you where the books are. There are quite a few dictionaries there. She points out the books you wanted inviting you to ask her if you need anymore help.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/13/2021 at 2:13 PM Post #129
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=11#106
Time Posted: 5/27/2021 at 6:24 PM
"Something like that yes. I have my sources and they say he's connected to the underground and less desirable transactions. If I had murdered the host I wouldn't have used a knife. I could have killed him with his own home security system. It would be easier and I wouldn't have to get my hands dirty or it be traced to me. Though I have a hunch who did it. I need pictures and measurments of the knife to be sure though. I happen to know you and Detective Jones have a history. Think you could worm your way in while I work on getting the files," Mr. Niccos asks as he boots up his computor cross checking everyone who knew about the contest with what he knew about the knife handle and who had a history of violance. That or who would gain anything.

"You would've, or could've, killed him.... with his own home security system? I'm guessing that means the guy was, hm, not very welcoming towards intruders? Then again, the guy was probably rich so I guess he had a reason to be antsy..."

"I guess you could say that, or rather Detective Jones and my dad have a history. I supposed I could try, but problem with that plan is that her partner doesn't like me nearly as much. He'd probably be following me around, looking for some reason to accuse me of something, which could very well more than cancel out any goodwill Detective Jones has towards me."
Edited By Skylarky on 7/13/2021 at 2:13 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/15/2021 at 10:55 AM Post #130
(Please excuse my not using quotation marks Im on an apple device for now. I will be using * instead in the meantime thank you.)

Mr.Niccos smiles, *Thats an understatement if I ever heard one. The millionaire had an upgraded security system that would make the hope diamond look like an easier target. Trust me Ive worked on both security systems with the intent of repairing their firewalls and letting the owners know about security flaws. I understand about Detective Rookie and I have a plan for that. You see hes dog sitting for a friend who owns the German Shepard you were about attacked by and I also know the owner. He owes me a favor and if you agree I will cash in the favor and get them out of the way for you.*
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.