Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Manor Mystery
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 11:15 PM Post #1
*This is based off of The Grey Chamber a book by Grace Hitchcock so all names, events, and places except the island are fiction

(not my picture)

You were invited to a contest in a manor for a mystery prize rumored to be the manor and all the money the only catch is that the host's contest is one of investigative skill. The host wants the competitors to solve a century old murder the murder of one Jane Doe. The host has promised he has all the clues from that time: police files, possible murder weapons, acess to the murder scene at Blackwell's Island, the Warden's file, and lastly Nellie Bly's book about the Asylum at the time.

When you arrive something is oviously amiss as the door is wide open, the lights are off, and a smell comes from inside. Worriedly you walk inside the manor you see nothing out of the ordinary aside from a large painting over the fire place of Blackwell's Island. As you walk in deeper you hear music coming from a record player inside the manor. Out of curiousity you follow the music only to discover a grusome sight; the host has been murdered with what looks like a knife.

After you call the police the lead investigator warns you not to leave town as right now the contestants are only a handful of suspects. You can win the contest if you can prove your innocence or be accused of the murder and arrested.

Rules:
I am the narrator. I control everything except your character's actions/decisions
Either quote or put in bold what I have narrated while you go please, it just makes things a lot easier for me.
I can choose or deny any application form for my own reasons
Just for simplicity, this will be a singleplayer roleplay.
No cussing
You can die in this so choose your actions carefully
No being OP
Try to type more then a few words as reply please. I understand having writer's block.
If you have read the rules write why you are entering the contest in other.

Name:
Apperance:
Personallity:
Other:
Edited By Starpup5 on 4/7/2021 at 11:40 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 11:16 PM Post #2
Map of Blackwell's Island:

Manor map (will be updated as rooms are discovered by players):
Parlor connects to outside, hallways connecting to the library, guest rooms, and den.
library connects to the den and hallway.
kitchen connects to the dinning room, servants' quarters, and outside.
dining room connects to the kitchen and palor.
Guest rooms connect to the hallway and balcony.
Ballroom connects to the hallway and outside.
(Not my pictures)
Edited By Starpup5 on 4/7/2021 at 11:30 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 11:17 PM Post #3
Met Character forums:

Host
Name: Edward Tyk
Apperance: Grey haired, sharp dresser, grey eyes, clean shaven, six feet tall.
Occupation(s): Widower and head of Tyk enterprises
Other: Deceased

Lead Detective
Name: Amanda Jones
Apperance: 5 feet 10 inches tall, brown/blond hair, green eyes, nice but plain clothes
Occupation(s): Detective of the NYPD
Other: Allergic to cats

Lead Detective's partner
Name: Jamie Rookie
Apperance: 5 feet 9 inches tall, red/brown hair, brown eyes, nice but plain clothes
Occupation(s): rookie detective of the NYPD
Other: Is tone deaf when it comes to music

Contestant
Name: Miss Icily
Apperance: Red hair, with green/blue eyes, normally wears a light colored dress with a skirt that to her knees and is not revealing, and also wears a diamond(or so it seems) necklace.
Other: Her favorite type of gem is Dendritic Quartz.

Contestant
Name: Mr.Green
Apperance: Greying brown hair, formal wear: suit and tie that matches his hair or the weather. Informal: Plain but nice clothes.
Other: Has an Brummie accent (Birmingham dialect).

Contestant
Name: Mr. Potters
Apperance: He's a tallish blond with brown eyes, round glasses, and is slightly pudgy.
Other: He likes to read historical fiction books when not writting a paper.

Contestant
Name: Mr. Niccos
Apperance: He's a tallish blond with blue eyes, highly athletic, and roughly 5 feet 11 inches.
Other: He is a black belt in Judo.
Edited By Starpup5 on 5/10/2021 at 7:49 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 11:17 PM Post #4
Players:
Player 1:
Mystiria827:
Name: Averill Burne

Appearance: Averill is about twenty-eight years old and very good looking, with brown hair and long-lashed blue eyes. His features are youthful and boyish, causing him to look younger than he is. He dresses neatly enough, but appears constantly in a hurry and slightly disheveled. His eyes sparkle madly when he's onto something (he looks rather like a child who's about to make some mischief.)

Personality: Averill is a young but brilliant scientist with a stubborn can-be-done attitude and a knack for doing tasks thought to be 'impossible'. He's a tad eccentric and jumpy, and has an offbeat immature sense of humor. He's constantly going off on tangents and fixating on insignificant details, but this surprisingly enough works out for him more often than not.

Other: Averill loves solving mysteries and puzzles- if there's a challenge, you can bet he'll try to solve it. He was on leave from the university he is a Chemistry professor at and decided to take this on in his free time.

Player 2:

Skylarky:
Name
Harvard Lee

Occupation
College student (electrical engineering) and part-time bounty hunter.
(Don't ask me how younger me thought that would work out.)

Appearance
6'0, probably looks even taller because he's fairly slim, has neat-ish (bordering on stylish accidentally) black hair and brown eyes. He's usually dressed fairly neatly but unremarkably (usually, jeans and t-shirt) and seems to wear the same plain black coat 24/7, regardless of weather (because he's that one person who somehow just always wears warm layers without overheating).

Personality
True neutral, INTP (-T)
Not exactly the most expressive person, though pretty well-versed in sarcasm. Even if you're close friends with him, he still tends to seem somewhat serious and rational - but when it comes to "non-mundane" things (usually in things that involve action/a quick response), he's literally out the door before he even realizes it, and will hate to be forced to be sitting around doing nothing when such a situation is going on. While he doesn't quite act unnecessarily, per se, if he thinks an action needs to be taken, he'll do it as soon as possible (usually immediately), and ask questions later. He won't intentionally hurt innocent people, but if you get in his way there's no guarantee he'll go out of his way to avoid it, though he will feel guilty later and probably apologize very awkwardly. Though he can sometimes seem immaturely impulsive, it definitely comes in handy, he's absolutely quick on his feet, doesn't stop to panic when it matters most, and a very, very fast learner. Kind of an emotional idiot, too, not because he's unsympathetic or even bad at dealing with it, but because he's just completely blind or distracted/focused on something else and will literally miss the fact that someone is crying unless they mention it to him a day later. (At which point he'll be like "Wait huh?")

Other
He's 21. He entered the contest because, well, it seems like it's his cup of tea, doesn't it? He's not quite a detective, but he prefers to rely a bit more on wit/thinking outside the box rather than brute force for his, er, side job, so it's still well within his interests, and there was no way he was going to pass it up.

Player 3:
Username: Dragongem23
Name:
Demoiselle "Dessi" Streiss
Part Time Investigator and runs the family business of being a Clairvoyant
Appearance:

Describing her a bit
On the taller side maybe around 5ft 7 inches her dark teal cornrows go down to her midback and she often has one of two in front hanging out of her hair wrap. She's currently wearing a white, over the shoulder shirt with a red matching shawl and some blue jeans with boots. She has a big bag with and a necklace with a red gemstone on it. Her bag is a bit of a mess and overflowing a bit with papers and bottles of stuff
Personality:
Highly sarcastic and straight to the point. She easily can get on people's nerves and can often nitpick out certain things that other people do, which helps with both parts of her job.
The whole Clairvoyant side of her family has led her to be highly superstitious, which makes her less trusting of most people because you never know what someone's hiding
Other:
Part Time Freelance artist on the side so she's got a eye for details
Goes by Dessi

Player 4: Blackwing2000
Name: Ivory Parson

Apperance: very pale skin, with red eyes, and straight, white hair that stops shortly after her shoulders. She's 5'10 and slim built. Ivory wears a longer, black coat that stops at her knees, black knit pants, black tennis shoes, and the only lighter colored accessory on her is her red scarf. Her scarf has a bit of cloth that hangs out on her back, two inches longer than her hair.

Personallity: not much humor, doesn't talk more than she needs to, Ivory would prefer eavesdropping, and she has a lot of dirt hiding under a cloak of a mostly clean record

Other: if she threatens, she can pull it off and will carry through with it

(Transferring the character over from other places has caused some possible things like underlines that can't be helped)
Edited By Starpup5 on 6/9/2021 at 3:46 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 11:40 PM Post #5
reserved
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 4/8/2021 at 8:02 AM Post #6
(I think I'm allowed to post? :'D)
Name: Averill Burne

Appearance: Averill is about twenty-eight years old and very good looking, with brown hair and long-lashed blue eyes. His features are youthful and boyish, causing him to look younger than he is. He dresses neatly enough, but appears constantly in a hurry and slightly disheveled. His eyes sparkle madly when he's onto something (he looks rather like a child who's about to make some mischief.)

Personality: Averill is a young but brilliant scientist with a stubborn can-be-done attitude and a knack for doing tasks thought to be 'impossible'. He's a tad eccentric and jumpy, and has an offbeat immature sense of humor. He's constantly going off on tangents and fixating on insignificant details, but this surprisingly enough works out for him more often than not.

Other: Averill loves solving mysteries and puzzles- if there's a challenge, you can bet he'll try to solve it. He was on leave from the university he is a Chemistry professor at and decided to take this on in his free time.
Edited By Mystiria827 on 4/8/2021 at 8:09 AM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/8/2021 at 4:28 PM Post #7
(Accepted and yes you may post sorry about the confusion)

You were invited to a contest in a manor for a mystery prize rumored to be the manor and all the money the only catch is that the host's contest is one of investigative skill. The host wants the competitors to solve a century old murder the murder of one Jane Doe. The host has promised he has all the clues from that time: police files, possible murder weapons, acess to the murder scene at Blackwell's Island, the Warden's file, and lastly Nellie Bly's book about the Asylum at the time.

When you arrive something is oviously amiss as the door is wide open, the lights are off, and a smell comes from inside. Worriedly you walk inside the manor you see nothing out of the ordinary aside from a large painting over the fire place of Blackwell's Island. As you walk in deeper you hear music coming from a record player inside the manor. Out of curiousity you follow the music only to discover a grusome sight; the host has been murdered with what looks like a knife.

After you call the police the lead investigator warns you not to leave town as right now the contestants are only a handful of suspects. The lead detective looks at you not totally convinced you didn't do it. After she sees the crime scene and a sneezing fit courtesy of the resident housecat. Mixed with the stench of blood there is another scent much less noticiable but still present, hydrogen peroxide. It's fairly ovious that with this crime and your job that this could be quiet the predicament.
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 4/8/2021 at 6:17 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=1#7
Author: Starpup5
Time Posted: 4/8/2021 at 4:28 PM
(Accepted and yes you may post sorry about the confusion)

After you call the police the lead investigator warns you not to leave town as right now the contestants are only a handful of suspects. The lead detective looks at you not totally convinced you didn't do it. After she sees the crime scene and a sneezing fit courtesy of the resident housecat. Mixed with the stench of blood there is another scent much less noticiable but still present, hydrogen peroxide. It's fairly ovious that with this crime and your job that this could be quiet the predicament.

I wrinkle my nose slightly. Now that's something I didn't expect outside the lab. But considering the nature of a crime scene, it's likely common for such a chemical to come into play..... oh dear, I think I'm going off on a tangent again.
Wow, this music is creepy.....
I shake my head a little, blinking my eyes a couple times. Right. Focus, focus, focus Averill. I'm ready to jump right in (like most things. Really, has there ever been a time I planned before attempting something? Hm....)
"H-Hello! I'm Averill, Averill Burne. One of the contestants, is that the right word? It's a pleasure to meet you all...."
Edited By Mystiria827 on 4/8/2021 at 6:22 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/8/2021 at 7:18 PM Post #9
The detective introduces herself, "Mr.Burne I'm detective Jones and my partner," A man walks up to her looking more then a little green, "is rookie detective... well Rookie."
"Hi," Detective Rookie answers, "before you say anything yes that is my real name. Mr.Burne if you wouldn't mind describing what you found before you called us, your occupation, and lastly what compeled you to enter the manor when the door was open and the lights were off?"

The music stopped but then the creepiness truely begun. Detective Jones smiles glad to be rid of Beetoveen's Moonlight Sonata third movement before a voice came from the record. A deep voice echoes thoughout the manor: Welcome contestants to the Blackwell's Island murder mystery competition. Your goal is to solve the murder of Jane Doe in cell 3A. You each will get a ticket to go to the island, a copy of the police record, and a copy of a page of Jane Doe's diary. Please to collect your items go to the dining room. Your name will be on your package and please feel free to explore the manor. After the man on the record finished speaking there was an eerie laugh of what sounded like an insane person.
Detective Rookie looks at you slightly shaken.
"Blackwell's Island," Detective Jones responds, "Mr. Burns that is the last place you want to go if you go there, there is no coming back the same way you were. Also we need your package as evidence in this murder."

As if on cue a lab tech comes back with an evidence bag that has your package in it. Several other bags were the same way with six other packages. Miss Icily, Mr. Green, Mrs. Swalgs, Mr. Potters, Mrs. Jones, and lastly Mr.Niccos.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/9/2021 at 12:05 AM Post #10
Name
Harvard Lee

Occupation
College student (electrical engineering) and part-time bounty hunter.
(Don't ask me how younger me thought that would work out.)

Appearance
6'0, probably looks even taller because he's fairly slim, has neat-ish (bordering on stylish accidentally) black hair and brown eyes. He's usually dressed fairly neatly but unremarkably (usually, jeans and t-shirt) and seems to wear the same plain black coat 24/7, regardless of weather (because he's that one person who somehow just always wears warm layers without overheating).

Personality
True neutral, INTP (-T)
Not exactly the most expressive person, though pretty well-versed in sarcasm. Even if you're close friends with him, he still tends to seem somewhat serious and rational - but when it comes to "non-mundane" things (usually in things that involve action/a quick response), he's literally out the door before he even realizes it, and will hate to be forced to be sitting around doing nothing when such a situation is going on. While he doesn't quite act unnecessarily, per se, if he thinks an action needs to be taken, he'll do it as soon as possible (usually immediately), and ask questions later. He won't intentionally hurt innocent people, but if you get in his way there's no guarantee he'll go out of his way to avoid it, though he will feel guilty later and probably apologize very awkwardly. Though he can sometimes seem immaturely impulsive, it definitely comes in handy, he's absolutely quick on his feet, doesn't stop to panic when it matters most, and a very, very fast learner. Kind of an emotional idiot, too, not because he's unsympathetic or even bad at dealing with it, but because he's just completely blind or distracted/focused on something else and will literally miss the fact that someone is crying unless they mention it to him a day later. (At which point he'll be like "Wait huh?")

Other
He's 21. He entered the contest because, well, it seems like it's his cup of tea, doesn't it? He's not quite a detective, but he prefers to rely a bit more on wit/thinking outside the box rather than brute force for his, er, side job, so it's still well within his interests, and there was no way he was going to pass it up.
Edited By Larkien on 4/9/2021 at 12:17 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.