Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 5/24/2021 at 7:50 PM Post #101
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=10#100
Author: Starpup5
Time Posted: 5/24/2021 at 6:12 PM
Nike frowns, "Thanks for the advice. Also I suggest finding a dictionary or maybe a translator. It's in Portugese. If you need me I'll be in room 365 at this hotel. The deskclerk will know how to get a hold of me." At that Mr. Niccos leaves going towards the park.

Just as he said the book was in Portugese.

"That would've been helpful to know earlier" she muttered to herself. Maybe the dude from the library could help. She quickly began to pack up her table and cards, planning on getting some food and maybe heading back to investigate more
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 5/24/2021 at 7:54 PM Post #102
Mr. Potters walks over to her, "How did it go Miss? Umm you got the book of course I hadn't predicted that it wouldn't be in English. Sorry about that. I should have guessed my former student would do that. I happen to understand Portugese if you wouldn't mind sharing the book I'll happily translate for you. Also if you're going to lunch I'd suggest the French restraunt around the corner."
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 5/27/2021 at 10:41 AM Post #103
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=11#102
Time Posted: 5/24/2021 at 7:54 PM
Mr. Potters walks over to her, "How did it go Miss? Umm you got the book of course I hadn't predicted that it wouldn't be in English. Sorry about that. I should have guessed my former student would do that. I happen to understand Portugese if you wouldn't mind sharing the book I'll happily translate for you. Also if you're going to lunch I'd suggest the French restraunt around the corner."

"I wasn't planning on getting anything fancy, but if you'd like to join me for lunch we can work on translating this" she held up the book.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 5/27/2021 at 4:45 PM Post #104
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=10#98
Time Posted: 5/23/2021 at 7:32 PM
"Electrical engineering correct," Mr. Niccos asks, "You're right I'm not totally alone but against Mr. Green's forces I wish not to take any more unnessicary risks. You see Mr.Lee that murder has already been commited and I have no desire to be the next victim nor I believe does anyone else. As a sign of good will I'll give you the notes for free."
He hands you a binder of copied notes from Nellie Bly's book.

"Yep," I affirm, "Dad wanted me to go into a stable job, but I ended up like this anyway." I shrug. "You keep talking about this Mr. Green. I'm guessing he's very... ambitious? Someone who'll use any tactic to get what he wants? Then again, you could also be the murderer. Just putting it out there, obviously."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/27/2021 at 6:19 PM Post #105
Mr. Potters shakes his head, "Oh it's not that fancy and I'll pay for the both of us. Translating it will take time but you can be there to help. The easiest way though would just to find a library sevice with an ebook of Nellie Bly's book."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/27/2021 at 6:24 PM Post #106
"Something like that yes. I have my sources and they say he's connected to the underground and less desirable transactions. If I had murdered the host I wouldn't have used a knife. I could have killed him with his own home security system. It would be easier and I wouldn't have to get my hands dirty or it be traced to me. Though I have a hunch who did it. I need pictures and measurments of the knife to be sure though. I happen to know you and Detective Jones have a history. Think you could worm your way in while I work on getting the files," Mr. Niccos asks as he boots up his computor cross checking everyone who knew about the contest with what he knew about the knife handle and who had a history of violance. That or who would gain anything.
Blackwing2000
Level 13
Threads: 2
Posted: 6/1/2021 at 1:53 PM Post #107
Name: Ivory Parson

Apperance: very pale skin, with red eyes, and straight, white hair that stops shortly after her shoulders. She's 5'10 and slim built. Ivory wears a longer, black coat that stops at her knees, black knit pants, black tennis shoes, and the only lighter colored accessory on her is her red scarf. Her scarf has a bit of cloth that hangs out on her back, two inches longer than her hair.

Personallity: not much humor, doesn't talk more than she needs to, Ivory would prefer eavesdropping, and she has a lot of dirt hiding under a cloak of a mostly clean record

Other: if she threatens, she can pull it off and will carry through with it

(Transferring the character over from other places has caused some possible things like underlines that can't be helped)
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/1/2021 at 8:08 PM Post #108
(Accepted)

You were invited to a contest in a manor for a mystery prize rumored to be the manor and all the money the only catch is that the host's contest is one of investigative skill. The host wants the competitors to solve a century old murder the murder of one Jane Doe. The host has promised he has all the clues from that time: police files, possible murder weapons, acess to the murder scene at Blackwell's Island, the Warden's file, and lastly Nellie Bly's book about the Asylum at the time.

When you arrive something is oviously amiss as the door is wide open, the lights are off, and a smell comes from inside. Worriedly you walk inside the manor you see nothing out of the ordinary aside from a large painting over the fire place of Blackwell's Island. As you walk in deeper you hear music coming from a record player inside the manor. Out of curiousity you follow the music only to discover a grusome sight; the host has been murdered with what looks like a knife.

After you call the police the lead investigator warns you not to leave town as right now the contestants are only a handful of suspects. The lead detective looks at you not totally convinced you didn't do it. After she sees the crime scene and a sneezing fit courtesy of the resident housecat. The housecat in question limps towards you with a few red threads that match your scarf.
Blackwing2000
Level 13
Threads: 2
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 11:35 AM Post #109
Ivory, if it weren't for a small paranoia of being framed, would have checked her scarf. Instead, she reaches a hand out to the cat, hoping to snatch a thread to compare the materials of the thread and her scarf. "I hope you don't mind if I do some personal investigating to clear my name." Ivory's voice is cold due to her disliking of this entire scene, especially being ever so close to someone working legally.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 1:24 PM Post #110
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97586&page=11#105
Time Posted: 5/27/2021 at 6:19 PM
Mr. Potters shakes his head, "Oh it's not that fancy and I'll pay for the both of us. Translating it will take time but you can be there to help. The easiest way though would just to find a library sevice with an ebook of Nellie Bly's book."

"If there's an ebook in english then why didn't you tell me earlier? I wouldn't have had to get this physical copy" she retorted folding her arms keeping the book a tad outside of his reach. Something was off about how nice this dude was being, and she was determined to find out why.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.