Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Themed Changes
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:14 PM Post #11
When the Luporas were redone, the Solar Eclipse Lupora was changed a good bit to make it stand out more from the Halloween themed. Also I remember when the Solar Eclipse came out that there were people who wished for more whitish colors and I think people appreciated the change from the prior version. Would it be possible to do something similar with the Solar Eclipse Nytekrie using something similar to the new Solar Eclipse Lupora colors?

This is something that I toyed around with for not very long at all and would need a lot more work but maybe something like this? Not sure about the mutation colors at all though. Just trying to get an idea going more than anything.

Jie
Level 72
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:14 PM Post #12
I'm new to the game and, as such, I don't own any themed pets. Still, I figured I might as well take a look and note down some of the changes that seem to have a pretty noticeable difference. I haven't tried messing with the genes to see if that would fix them, so sorry if that would have solved them.

By the way, I'm not saying the differences are bad -- I actually quite like some of them -- but they're still there. :)

Wings + Tail: The colors used to be more varied towards the front of the wings, but with how the colors have changed, those old colors are now less visible and have shifted to the back.The tail has a similar-ish problem where some of the old colors are no longer present.

Example: Desert Drought Nytekrie

For other themed, this introduces completely new colors.

Ex. Forever Susan Lily Nytekrie

WingsOfAmber
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 34
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:17 PM Post #13
My main focus is on the Winter Mornings, since I was planning a project with them. My current issue is that the AC2 is very similar to the M1 and M3 colors, which lessens the nice gradient effects on some mutations. I'd simply take the G2 color and put it to the AC2.

Additionally, some mutations draw from C3, which also shares colors from M1 and M3, taking away more varied color placement, however I have yet to find a good solution to this without changing the design too much.

Original post -> My change

It gives the gradient just a bit more effect while staying in the pallet.

Next- Lost Crystal

The highly saturated eye color does not work well against the more muted tones of the genes, imo. I grabbed M2 and put it in AC1 instead. Additionally, G3 already used the EC as well.

Original Post -> My changes

G1

G2

G3

Overall
Edited By WingsOfAmber on 3/9/2021 at 9:35 PM.
Amanitan
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:24 PM Post #14
I looked at the doom harbringer nytes as you commented and am very confused as to what you are talking about, I do not see any drastic change in colors, especially the yellow which you mentioned. just curious as to what change your talking you are talking about
Edited By Quailking on 3/9/2021 at 9:26 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:30 PM Post #15
>.< Im sorry but I personally dont like the thought of darkening the ash nytes... they were meant to be illuminated/glowing like ashes do
Squigles
Level 70
Fabled Green Thumb
Threads: 82
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:46 PM Post #16
Could you perhaps add the pretag Marshmallow Nyte to the list?
It would be really nice to have an official version of the colors :)

(this array has the color swings)
Midnightwolf001
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 9:57 PM Post #17
For the Blazing Fireworks Nytekrie, I suggest the following changes. I took the redo you did and tweaked the colors a bit and changed some, along with changing a few traits to get it to look as close to the Original Version pic: Before Revamp, as possible. Although i don't have the original themed colors and their trait slots memorized, I did the best I could just based off the pic. I personally think although you were close on that recreation, that this looks much better. ^-^

I did change one of the original colors of the wings from a pink to blue in an attempt to get all three colors of the original on the wing. Trying to add the blue to where I left the pink would've made the yellow mix with blue instead of the pink mixing with the yellow. Hence the drastic change on that part and the colors switching places for the wings and their accents.

Original Blazing Fireworks Nytekrie

Faiona's Blazing Fireworks Nytekrie

Verses this

My Blazing Fireworks Nytekrie Edit: Based off of Faiona's Edit & Original Image.

Note: I'll add more revision suggestions as I go about playing around with them.
Edited By Midnightwolf001 on 3/9/2021 at 10:15 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 10:06 PM Post #18
I personally think that at least some of the themes would do well to have something different between eye color and accent colors. Also I'm wondering about whether the Sea Emperor would do with a bit more contrast for the body gene. At least a couple traits seemed hard to really see.

I did a little bit of playing around though I'm not saying that these would be a better change or not with making the gene 1 more visible and also changing the eye color. I probably overdid it just a bit with the contrast change in these examples. Though with the changes I almost wonder if the gene 3 color should be slightly tinkered with as well. The eye color is tricky because all the colors have a similar feel to begin with so even with what I did here it just like it could still be better.

The current change submission followed by idea to change.

Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 10:14 PM Post #19
Hmmm..., of the themes I have, I like the potential new color palettes for about half of them, but find the ones for the other half either a bit too washed out (Flower Bed, Misty Flower, Mountains Peak) or somewhat lacking in contrast & variation color-wise (Haunted Brew, Red-Winged Blackbird, Yuletide Tree).

Im not really sure how to describe/show what I would prefer in specific terms, but generally, these are my thoughts: for the themes whose potential new color palettes are too washed out for my taste, intensify the saturation, I guess is the right term, of the darks & lights; for the ones lacking contrast & color variation, better differentiate the darks & lights, and increase the number of color gradations more, especially on the wings, so any visible G2 traits they might have are more pronounced & easier to see.
Edited By Earthprotector49 on 3/9/2021 at 10:17 PM.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 10:17 PM Post #20
Thank you for all your hard work!

I've haven't played around with nyte designs much, either pre or post revamp, but here's my two cents.

Volcanic Glaciers have a G1 color that's quite similar to the body color so any G1 trait that doesn't pull in some orange is almost invisible. I think the original design was like this as well, but I think a lot of the pre-revamp G1 traits also influenced the wing color so they showed up more. That's a terrible explanation but take Osprey for example:
https://i.imgur.com/DHMay4o.png
Sorry, I didn't have a pic with just osprey, but for the pre-revamp nyte, osprey also covered wings which made the invisible-ness on the body less noticable.

Sunken Ship nytes used to have a nice tan color on their wings that can't be reproduced anymore. The color is now in C3 which is appears to be an accent color for the mutations.
https://i.imgur.com/giVZdeu.png
Maybe switch that color back into G2? New vs Old. G2 pulls a blue color in enough traits that there'll still be plenty of blue wings.

This change does make the base nyte very monochromatic, but I think the issue lies with C1 and C2 being very similar. I'm not sure how it was pre-revamp though, so I don't know how much you want to change that.

Voodoo Masters look a whole lot darker and warmer now that their wings don't show the dark teal:
https://i.imgur.com/C5Z3ETj.png
I'm not terribly opposed to this change, but it's something to keep in mind.

I changed all the pre-revamp images to links since they were so big >.<
Edited By Tigress on 3/9/2021 at 10:25 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.