Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 3/12/2021 at 8:27 AM Post #41
I have a lot of spare time '^_^ ahah...

So I went and touched up the Snowy Owl theme after looking at some google images of actual snowy owls.

I thought that the eyes could be brighter and the beak could be darker..etc, general contrast edits and white M1 & M3 colors.
So here are the comparisons

Left= Current Right= Suggestion

I just thought the white armor would help the other brown colors sorta pop, while still keeping at least part of the nytekrie the "snowy owl" white color.
I like this combination of genes the most for this theme:
(<--Current Suggested--->
Edited By Meeku on 3/12/2021 at 8:40 AM.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 3/12/2021 at 11:02 AM Post #42
I'm mostly looking at nytekries that I collect, I have a lot, so next up is the Red Hawk theme.

I shuffled around the colors, G1 went to G2 instead of the almost white color.
Left= Current, Right= suggestion
No Gene:

With G2:

I moved that almost white from G2 to G3, thinking it would suit the runes etc better.

Then I moved the G3 up to G1 and made it red since it was so dark.

I lightened the M1, M2 & A2 colors a little as well. All together the changes im suggesting would look, as compared to the current, like the images below:
(Left=current, Right= suggested)

Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/12/2021 at 2:31 PM Post #43
down to clown, might edit this later with a second theme since this time we won't be using so many images

Halloween Nyte

Current version has the same orange and the same yellow each repeated five times, which just. Hm. (in terms of colours that interact with eachother, G2 and A1 same colour, EC, M2 and A2 same colour, C3, M1, and M2 same colour, so at the very least something about them needs to be altered a little)

Our edits:

(or alt g1, something that's slightly lighter/yellower)

Swapped C2 and C3 with each other
Lightened G2 and G3 slightly (G1, as presented, optional)
Made A1 the same orange as the other slots rather than yellow, then darkened it (so G2 traits aren't the single yellow all-through)
Made A3 green (not out of nowhere- other Halloween themes have green, and it helps break up and introduce some variation- at the least makes it a different colour from M2)
(the muts being the same colour as C2 in our version could be workshopped- maybe swap them to the lighter yellow-orange we used in the second version's G1?

I don't actually own any halloween nytes so I can't compare to the old version beyond the one on the first page
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/13/2021 at 2:59 AM.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 3/13/2021 at 2:52 AM Post #44
I was looking at the Flower Bed theme and noticed that the pink color from A1 was replaced with the eye color.
So i tried to work it back into the theme.. cause whats a flower bed without flower colors?

I thought G2 was a good place for the pink
<--current, suggested-->
No genes

with genes

I recall the runes colors being green, so i put the light green into G3:

I thought the A1 color should be the light yellowish color, which keeps a similar tone, but looks more "flower bed". you can see it on zebra finch, mystic feathers petal markings and fire tiger.

Heres a few gene combos...
<--Current, Suggested-->

Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 3/13/2021 at 12:56 PM Post #45
After giving it some thought, I decided I would like to address the themes I designed and share my opinion on how they could be updated.

First, my Snowy Owls. Originally they were given a dark g1 to represent the dark markings on real snowy owls, but now that body and wings are separate, I think it would be nice to restrict the dark body color to g2, to make them wings stand out.

Current:

Edited:

Bonfire Ashes were designed to look like ashes that are still glowing inside the smoke So here is my suggestion for them, I stayed true to their colors, just mostly swapped them around and adjusted slightly.

Current:

Edited:

I liked what Tigress said about the Flower Beds needing more Flowery Colors, I think a bit lighter and brighter would suit them well.

Current:

Edited:

And finally, Sunken Ships! I have been embarrassed of their lack of color variation since I made them, I'd like to take this opportunity to mix in more blues and golden browns.

Current:

Edited:
Edited By Watercolors on 3/13/2021 at 1:35 PM.
Ley
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/13/2021 at 7:56 PM Post #46
Just going to comment on the nyte themes I've designed and why I made the suggestions I did.

Misty Flower: I have no idea what Past Me was doing when creating this one, but it definitely needs a redo with the way that nyte traits are arranged now. I didn't like the pale green on the original, and now revamp has it in half the slots :") definitely needs to change, partly because this makes the design too monotone.

General changes: Desaturated the C2 and C3 because I really don't think it works and the saturation throws off the balance of the nyte. Also shifted the purple colors to more blue to give the overall design more cohesion.

Genes and AC1: Shifted G1 and G2 from the pale greenish (again, what on earth was I doing) to a pale blue. This is because the green/light cyan clashed too much against the C1 and blended too much with the green AC1. Completely changed the AC1 to a dark blue to provide contrast when it was being used in the genes (which is to say, a lot). Brightened the G3 to a light cyan to give the runes better contrast against the C1, G1, and G2.

Mutations: I changed M1 and M3 to a pale blue. The original purple clashed harshly with the green. Its always that weird green I chose before ^^;; M2 changed to pale blue for better cohesion with the rest of the traits and for contrast against the AC2, which I changed to dark indigo.

Overall its a drastic change but even as the creator of this one, I think it needs it xD The green just clashes entirely too much now, even more than it did before and it well and truly does not work. My suggestions are closer to what I think I was going for when I designed it originally anyway. Several years hindsight makes a huge difference!
Current version ----> My suggestions

Mossy Boulder: Not too much change here.

Lightened and desaturated EC. Current shade of green is a bit too bold, I think. Traits that use EC look a bit softer with a lighter green and it provides a nice highlight point.

AC1 changed to dark indigo, almost black. Provides much better contrast against the body when G1 and G2 are pulling from it, particularly the wings.

M2 changed to pale, desaturated green for contrast against M1, M3, and AC2.

AC2: changed to a darker shade of green for better blending with M1 and M3, and to better help M2 be seen.

Muddy Snow: Another of my old designs. Mostly adjusting hues and rearranging the colors to better fit how the traits work now.

Brightened the EC to give traits that use it a nice glow and highlight.

C3 was some sort of odd shade of brown that didn't quite match the rest of the colors. I lightened it a little and pushed it more toward red to better fit the rest of the design.

Genes and AC1: AC1 changed to a pale brown. Provides a good mid-tone for contrast against the light C1, G1, and the change I made to the G2. G2 changed to dark brown for better contrast; chose a color similar to G1 for better visual cohesion when both G1 and G2 are visible. I think the blue stood out too much on the wings, as I had always intended the light blue to be a highlight color. The large amount of wing coverage that the G2 has threw off the balance of the design when it's blue. G3 changed to light blue. I know I had made the original runes brown (for some reason, thanks me) but it just doesn't work now, especially as dark as G3 is right now. The light blue G3 has good contrast and effect against the dark G1 and G2, and is still able to stand out against the C1.

M2 changed to dark cyan for contrast against the dark brown M1 and M3, and for better blending between it and AC2. Having all the mutations as dark brown produces a very muddy effect (hehe) but it also becomes too monotone with the only blue color in them coming from the AC2.
Edited By Ley on 3/13/2021 at 8:00 PM.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 3/15/2021 at 3:02 AM Post #47
Watercolors, your design colors are very lovely :D
I think your suggestions would be a great addition to the revamp!
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 3/15/2021 at 10:54 AM Post #48
I'm glad you like them >w< I hope they get considered when the time comes, I have several project pairs I am slightly concerned for o:
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/15/2021 at 11:47 PM Post #49
If there's still time I'll try to take a closer look at a few of my old themes tomorrow to try to figure out ideas. I've just been rather busy lately and I keep forgetting
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/16/2021 at 10:12 PM Post #50
we appear again, decided to look at the lucky nyte since the fortune fest is upcoming

Current proposal has the same colour for eyes, g1, and a1
meaning some g1 traits...
(eg. mystic feathers, fire tiger)

are very, very orange

some thoughts-
EC made the C3 colour, C3 made the M2 colour (so the eyes stand out more when there's a g1, and so there's a bit more colour variance in the muts, respectively

Not sure what might work best for the A1, though... a lighter green? a light yellow? a dark green?
comparison of changes, with a1 set as light yellow
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.