Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 8:56 PM Post #1
March 11th Update: Click Here

After hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work on behalf of both the artist team, myself, and Faiona, the Nytekrie Revamp is finally released! The Nytekrie saw a massive overhaul of both their artwork depth and their Traits. Prior to the Revamp, the Nytekrie had 36 total Traits to choose from - they now have 71!

What Changed?

While quite a lot has changed with the Nytekrie, we worked very hard to maintain their original concept. They were basically originally created as a fantasy owl-dragon hybrid creature and we focused heavily on that concept during the redesign.

A major goal of the Revamp was to greatly improve their Trait allocations, as the original Nytekrie's Traits were all over the place and everything overlapped everything else. Here is what we were going for with the new Trait allocations:

Gene One: Full body designs
Gene Two: Wing/Head accent designs
Gene Three: Overall accent designs and glowy runes
Mutation One: Body Traits, such as armors
Mutation Two: Particle effects and wing Traits
Mutation Three: Head Traits

In regards to specific Traits, we worked very hard to keeping them as close to their original concept as possible. The only real major difference is that a lot of Traits picked up a lot more detail and now have a few more colors allocated to them.

Re-Generations

A Player Guide on the Re-Generation Process

As was mentioned a few weeks ago with the announcement thread, we are doing the Re-Generation process entirely differently this time around. In the recent past, Revamps have triggered massive Re-Generations in the bulk of the species where players can choose basically any replacement Trait in any slot. It was mostly an "all or nothing" process.

In an attempt to limit the impact on the economy that the Re-Gen process has, we have changed things up a bit to be much more targeted. This required a complete overhaul of the backend of the system and it is why this has been drawn out so long over the past month.

I'm not going to repeat all the specifics, so if you are curious, I would suggest reading through the thread linked above for more details.

That said, with the new Re-Generation process... things are most definitely very clunky and not at all ironed out. However, things "work" lol. I plan on spending the next week or so trying to improve some various aspects of the Re-Generation process so that it is a bit more intuitive and easier to use for players. So as you go through your Re-Gens at this point, please just keep that in mind.

Unlike previous Revamps, for the Nytekrie, ALL existing pet's Traits were wiped. Every Nytekrie on the site post Revamp is now all 'NN' for every Trait slot. Their original Traits were catalogued and depending on what they had determines what they can re-allocate now. In order to re-allocate your pet's Traits, just visit their profile page and click the button.

If they have valid Traits to re-allocate, it will take you to a new page that looks like this:

From this page, you will select the pet's new Traits. Each drop down will allow you to select certain Traits depending on what the pet's Traits originally were. Once you have selected all of the Traits that you want, click the 'Confirm Re-Gen' button at the bottom to move onto color allocation.

This will then take you to a separate page where you can allocate the colors.

Yes, I know. This is horribly inconvenient. However, it was the best I could do without this Revamp process taking forever longer. As I said, I will spend the next week or so improving this process as best as I can to make it more intuitive and flow better.

If you run into issues or have any questions, please let me know here in this thread or in a PM.

Themed Pet Changes

At this time, most, if not all, Themed Pet Designs are probably not looking so hot because of how Traits got all changed and whatnot. Faiona and I have already begun the process of making a first pass of updated Themed designs and we will be posting these very shortly.

This will be a community driven process, just like we did for the Lupora, so we will be seeking input until the designs are all finalized. If are you interested in participating, please look for the appropriate thread once it's announced.

Once a design is finalized, owners of that Themed Pet (Purebred included), will have an option to update their pet to the new color scheme. Alternatively, you can ignore this update and keep the pet as it is now. It will entirely be up to you!

First Restricted Trait Set

In celebration of the Nytekrie Revamp, we have released their very first Restricted Trait Set: Dragon!

The Trait Set includes:

G1: Dragon Scales
G2: Dragon Fleckings
G3: Dragon Flames
M1: Dragon Armor
M2: Dragon Wing-Guards
M3: Dragon Mask

For a limited time only, you can obtain [2-Visible Ancient Dragon Nytekrie] from the Diamond Shop for 1,000 . You can also obtain [Trait Disruptor (Nytekrie - Dragon)] from the Diamond Shop for 500 . This is a very limited time offer though!

Visit the Diamond Shop

Nytekrie Tamer's Avatar Set

Of course there's more! We can't have a species revamp without a new avatar set! Now also available is the Nytekrie Tamer's Avatar Set! The Set includes 4 Pre-Colored sets, a Re-Colorable option, and 2 unique Held items including Nytekrie Companions!

The Nytekrie Tamer's Avatar Set is currently available from the Diamond Shop for a limited time only! You can purchase individual bundles or the entire set for a steep discount. The complete set can also be obtained from the [Nytekrie Revamp Celebration Bundle].

We have also added two new items to the Avatar Shop that can be purchased for [Peerless Avatar Tokens]: the Nytekrie Dragon Helmet and the Nytekrie Dragon Mask!

Diamond Sale

Sale Begins: Thursday, March 4th at 6:00pm
Sale Ends: Sunday, March 14th at 11:59pm

Visit the Diamond Shop

Stable Purchase: 400 (20% Discount)

Diamonds: Receive 20% Extra Base Per Purchase!

[Philter of Trait Disruption (Themed)]: 200 (33% Discount)
[Greater Genetic Mutator]: 160 (20% Discount)
[Greater Pet Dye]: 120 (20% Discount)
[Philter of Infertility]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Magical Pie]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Philter of Gender Swapping]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Prismatic Philter]: 60 (25% Discount)

[Mystical Nytekrie Essence]: 500 (50% Discount)

[Nytekrie Revamp Celebration Bundle]: 6,000 (Limited Item - Limit 1 Per Player)
[Species Revamp Boost Bundle]: 2,200 (Limited Item - Limit 1 Per Player)
[2-Visible Ancient Dragon Nytekrie]: 1,000 (Limited Item)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Complete Set]: 1,600 (Limited Item - Limit 1 Per Player)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Bundle (Companions)]: 600 (Limited Item)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Bundle (Re-Colorable)]: 600 (Limited Item)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Bundle (Blood Moon)]: 400 (Limited Item)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Bundle (Flying Fox)]: 400 (Limited Item)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Bundle (Snowy)]: 400 (Limited Item)
[Nytekrie Tamer's Bundle (Somber Sunset)]: 400 (Limited Item)

[Restricted Trait Disruptor (Nytekrie - Dragon)]: 500 (Limited Item)

New Genes and Mutations

We have added the following new Traits to the Nytekrie.

Slot: Gene One
Name: Skeletal Paint

Name: Jaguar Shadow

Name: Python

Name: Dragon Scales

Slot: Gene Two
Name: Hawk

Name: Blue Jay

Name: Swallowtail

Name: Emperor Moth

Name: Dragon Fleckings

Slot: Gene Three
Name: Iridescence

Slot: Gene Three
Name: Dragon Flames

Slot: Mutation One
Name: Enchanter's Shawl

Slot: Mutation One
Name: Dragon Armor

Slot: Mutation Two
Name: Skeletal Adornment

Slot: Mutation Two
Name: Dragon Wing-Guards

Slot: Mutation Three
Name: Skeletal Mask

Name: Plague Doctor's Mask

Name: Enchanter's Crown

Name: Dragon Mask

Edited By Krinadon on 3/11/2021 at 8:42 AM.
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:30 PM Post #2
Yayyyy!
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:32 PM Post #3
WOO HOO! Congrats team!
Venomil
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 9
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:33 PM Post #4
It's amazing Krin!
WingsOfAmber
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 34
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:36 PM Post #5
Wonderful already, except this boy was 6vis before revamp and I am no longer able to fill his g3 to keep it that way.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5604872

Edit: Am I just not understanding the regen process correctly? On this girl the G1 is green, but no traits are available.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2392511
Edited By WingsOfAmber on 3/4/2021 at 9:39 PM.
Amanitan
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:37 PM Post #6
SOme of my 6vis nytes have one slot locked. On one its was G1, the other G2
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:38 PM Post #7
Ooo, this is so exciting! I started playing around with some of my nytes and noticed that this boy isn't allowed to pick anything for G1 even though it's a 12pt regen. There's at least a couple others like him.
https://www.sylestia.com/regenerator_v2/?pet_id=6007186

Here's one that gives you the drop down menu to select traits, but none are available:
https://www.sylestia.com/regenerator_v2/?pet_id=6007210

This table also doesn't seem to be updating:
Current/Max Allowed Trait Points: 0 / 4
Current/Max Allowed Visible Traits: 0 / 1
Current/Max Allowed Carried Traits: 0 / 3
Current/Max Allowed Hidden Carried Traits: 0 / 0
Edited By Tigress on 3/4/2021 at 9:41 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:38 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=97044&page=1#5
Author: WingsOfAmber
Time Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:36 PM
Wonderful already, except this boy was 6vis before revamp and I am no longer able to fill his g3 to keep it that way.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5604872

Edit: Am I just not understanding the regen process correctly? On this girl the G1 is green, but no traits are available.

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2392511

I will get this fixed, don't worry.

It should allow for all Trait Points to be spent.
WingsOfAmber
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 34
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:40 PM Post #9
Alright, thanks Krin.
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 3/4/2021 at 9:42 PM Post #10
Woohoo! Just spent 10k diamonds lol XD can't wait for my ancient dragon nytes to hatch though!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.