Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Patriotic Event - Sylestia Fairy Co...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Go to Page:
Posted: 7/26/2020 at 5:55 PM
Umbra Forest Gateau
For this first layer take a batch of chocolate cake mix and (being careful not to add too much) add a bit of cinnamon! This will enhance the flavor and add some delicious spice with the sweet taste of milk chocolate. You'll want the batter nice and fluffy, it will add to a 'softer and airier' taste.
For the second layer we'll be working with those wonderful apples from Sweet Blossom Orchard. First you must chop and satte the apples into a jam like substances - this will be used for the filling. It is advised to add some powdered sugar, and perhaps some honey, too the jam. This jam should be thick and sweet as it is your middle layer to the cake!
For the top layer you will be repeating the same steps for the first part of the cake - though this time you must take care to ensure the top of the cake is smooth - the smooth it is will lead to an easier frosting appearance - all those extra fruits will be much for stable on a smooth cake top.
For the final layer you will will be adding in the frosting and any of extra of those apples too the top of the cake. They will be the final garnish too the cake and help add that extra bit of flare. For the frosting I suggest a whipped cream based frosting, this will be fluffy and almost cloudlike - just the vibe we need. And with that, your cake is done!
Edited By Limor on 7/26/2020 at 6:20 PM.
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 7/26/2020 at 6:31 PM
Faelora Leafy Greens
Gather and prepare the ingredients.
Start by pan-frying the bacon and sweet potato first as they take the longest.
Add in the mushroom and zucchini.
Drizzle the soy sauce over the mix and stir it through.
Wash half a bag of baby spinach and add one handful to mix, stir it through and let it reduce in size a little bit before adding the remainder of the spinach. Let the remainder reduce a little bit then remove from heat.
All done, enjoy! ^^
Edited By Angelzrulez on 7/26/2020 at 6:32 PM.
Fairy Sous Chef
Posted: 7/26/2020 at 8:21 PM
I really dont like to post last minute, & yet, here I am...
Any who, after re-reading the rules a bunch of times, I assume that comics are allowed?
If not then, sucks to be me I guess lol.
Heres my submission~
Link to Album
Ok, Im just now noticing an inconsistency on this last image that needs fixing, but Ive been having so many issues w/ this already, that Im not gonna deal w/ that rn .
Heres the recipie that this is based off of Ive never eaten chili before, this is just one I found that had good reviews :b
& for reference, heres what Stella & her brother, Evren, designs are based off of.
Posted: 7/26/2020 at 10:10 PM
Okay. I have my ingredients, time to get started.
Would you like to help, Vash? Okay. Go ahead and chop the cherries.
Maybe not so much uh vigor? No worries. Besides, it's yummy.
Hey Vash! Lookit! Three yolks out of two eggs. Huh. I wonder if that counts as three eggs or still just two? I think your right. It's probably only two still.
Got everything mixed together. Just gotta put it in the oven. Where you going Vash? For a flame thrower, you certainly do not like ovens.
Well I guess Vash is not coming back to keep helping. He really doesn't like ovens. No biggie. Cake needs to cool anyway.
Frosting didn't work out like expected but I can't argue with the end result. I mean I could but I won't. Now I don't have to feel guilty about portion sizes.
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 7/26/2020 at 11:31 PM
"Ah, is this a baking contest I see? I've always dreamed of entering in of these! Hm, and there just happens to be one day left!"
"Flynn, do we have a free afternoon today? We do, you say? How about we put our meager baking skills to create the most delicious, creative chocolate cake we can? We may not win the biggest prize, but I think eating the final product is a prize in and of itself!"
"Hurry, we don't have much time left! Let's get started!"
"Flynn, what do we need to make this delicious treat? Wow, that's a lot of ingredients! Let's get them all out so we don't forget anything."
"Okie dokie, here's all of our dry ingredients!"
"And here's our wet ones...Flynn, remember that we're both lactose intolerant, so don't forget the lactose-free milk!"
"Don't forget the equipment! It's much too hard to mix everything by hand; thank goodness we have our very own mixer!"
"Hey Flynn, what's the first step? Let's see...preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare our pans. Let's dust ours with cocoa powder, for extra chocolate-y goodness!"
"Then we mix our dry ingredients together! Mmm, it already looks like it's going to pack a heck of a lot of chocolate flavor!"
"Next, we add all of our wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. It looks very liquid-y, but I'm sure that it's going to ensure that we end up with the most delicious, moist chocolate cake!"
"30 minutes later, and the cakes are all done! Now, we get to sit back and relax while they cool in the refrigerator...can't frost 'em while they're still hot!"
"While we're waiting, let's make the frosting! Flynn and I's all-time favorite frosting is cream cheese--not too sweet, and oh-so-creamy and scrumptious!"
"Don't you love fresh fruit, Flynn? Let's pile the middle with freshly grown strawberries from our backyard, so that every bite of cake will be full of sweet, delicious strawberry! Even if we eat a lot of cake, it's still healthy since it's chock-full of fruit!"
"And here's our finished chocolate cake! We decorated the top with even more strawberries--intricately cut out into roses and, as the centerpiece, carvings of Flynn and his best friend, Bluebell!"
"Flynn and I had so much fun making this cake together! Even though it took a long time and effort, we're so glad we had a chance to enter this contest! We hope you can enjoy this cake with your friends, Sereia! :D"
"Here is the recipe that Flynn and I used to create this cake, if you're inspired by it and would like to make it yourself!"
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder homemade or store-bought
1 cup milk buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil canola oil, or melted coconut oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
2. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
3. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
4. Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
6. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting.
1. Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or you may use an electric mixer) and beat until creamy, well-combined, and lump-free.
2. Add vanilla extract and salt and stir well to combine.
3. With mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
Edited By Silverstream616 on 7/27/2020 at 12:31 AM.
Posted: 7/27/2020 at 12:37 AM
So... after a few failed attempts, Peryli took pity on me and decided to help out xD
Disclaimer: This recipe is partially (well, mostly) made up, and I have no idea if it will actually work if someone tries it. --- Ingredients: ---
-Lots of chocolate
-Chocolate puffy things
--- Steps: ---
1. Make a batter with the milk, flour, eggs, sugar, chocolate, cocoa powder, and baking powder. I have no idea how, but jUsT dO iT.
2. Pour the batter into a mold and stick it into the oven (or just get a pet that's attuned to fire to bake it).
3. Cut the cake into 3 layers, and put lots of heavy cream onto the top layer.
4. Mix some random fruits into the heavy cream, along with some jelly, and put a lot of that... stuff... between the layers of the cake. Now carefully place each layer on top of each other.
5. Use some whipped cream to make some swirly dot things around the edge of the top of the cake (does that even make sense?), and carefully place one strawberry onto each 'swirly dot thing.'
6. Make some more swirly dot things, in a circle at the center of the top of the cake, and place one cherry onto each swirly dot thing.
7. Put some chocolate puffy things onto the center of the circle of cherries, and also toss some chocolate sprinkles onto the heavy cream applied in Step 3.
8. Optional step: Sprinkle a bit of sugar onto the top of the cake, making sure to only put a thin layer over the chocolate sprinkles.
9. Make sure to lick all of the bowls first (or let your Sylesties do it) before eating the cake!
First, Peryli somehow managed to get her paws on some chocolate, flour, and... well... other stuff (as you can see, I know pretty much nothing about baking lol). We made it into a batter, put it into a mold (is that how you make cake??), stuck it into the oven, and it somehow turned out pretty good.
Then, I got some heavy cream, and dumped a whole bunch onto the cake. I also sliced the cake into 3 pieces, and Peryli and I stuck them together. We used more cream, but we mixed lots of fruits into it, along with some half-melted jelly.
After that, Peryli stole harvested some strawberries from I have no idea where, and, with some whipped cream, I stuck them onto the cake. I would've put a few more if Peryli hadn't decided that she was hungry, and ate the rest of the strawberries :P
Finally, we got some cherries and chocolate puffy things (I have no idea what they're called, lol), and, with more whipped cream, placed them on top of the cake. We also added some chocolate sprinkles and sprinkled a thin layer of sugar onto the chocolate sprinkles.
I let my Sylesties lick the bowls, and then we all dug in.
Edited By Mossflight2 on 7/27/2020 at 1:14 AM.
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 7/29/2020 at 5:33 PM
Thank you to everyone who participated in this fun and new contest! It was awesome to see all of the submissions and it was really tough to pick winners. So, we decided to do the breakdown a little differently and basically picked a couple Grand Winners and then also picked Winners for each specific Recipe. A few of the Recipes didn't get as many submissions as the others, so they had less Recipes Winners selected.
Regardless, everyone who participated will also receive a nice bundle of Participation Prizes.
Grand Winners Prizes:[2020 Patriotic Event Bundle]
Recipe Winners Prizes: 2,000 , [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Patriotic Event Themed Pet of Choice, Patriotic Service Bundle of Choice
Umbra Forest Gateau
Bulbori Drop Cookies
Morkko Claw Pastries
Faelora Leafy Greens
Ny'vene Flame Chili
All Valid Participants Prizes: Title: Fairy Sous Chef, [Sylestian Service Bonus Themed Pet] x1, [Masterful Snare Trap] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption (Themed)] x1
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Are you sure you wish to delete this post?
Are you sure you wish to restore this post?
Are you sure you wish to report this post?
Go to Top
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.