Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Patriotic Event - Sylestia Fairy Co...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Vineyiea
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 187
Posted: 7/6/2020 at 9:27 AM Post #21
Thanks for inviting us to the summer feast! One of my favourite recipes in sylestia would have to be the Morkko Claw pastries. It took a while to gather the ingredients, keep sylesti who were trying to be 'helpful' and find a morkko to help shape the tasty pastries but I'm please to say it was finished!

I apologize in advance for the image heavy post!

First I started by gathering the ingredients for the dough

Then I warm the milk and start to mix all the ingredients together, gently pushing aside the bulbori who was trying to help by hopping in it.

Once the dough is mixed, it gets set aside and I gather everything for the butter mixture. Rolling out the cold butter, I form it into a rectangle and wrap it in plastic wrap to give to a Blizzard Nytekrie to cool for a while

While the butter is cooling more, I gather all the ingredients for the filling!

On a side note-that is not vodka in the background-we make our own vanilla our of alcohol and vanilla beans (it tastes soooo much better than the store bought, with a stronger vanilla taste!) after shaking it once in a while for 6 or more months you can start to use admittedly the hardest part is waiting that long.

After mixing it all together (again pushing aside the bulbori), the filling is then set aside while the dough and butter mixture are finished!

Once the butter mixture is nice and cool, I roll out the dough into a rectangle

Then I place the butter rectangle on the rolled out dough

The dough is then folded over the butter and the edges sealed

Now the dough gets rolled out once more with the butter layer

Then the top half is folded down

and the bottom half folded up

The dough is then turned a quarter way around and these steps are repeated four more times! After these steps the dough is then given back to my favourtie Blizzard Nytekrie to cool

Once the dough is cooled enough, it is rolled out and cut into three strips

The filling is then spread across the centre of all three strips

The edges are folded over and pinched shut!

The strips are then cut into three pieces each

These pieces are arranged on the baking tray and a morrko steps in them to shape them into claws

After rising for an hour they are put into the oven! They are taken out when nicely browned

Now that they are done we can put on the icing! Of course using blue and gold to represent sylestia!

Finally they are ready to be served!

I had a lot of fun making this! It was my first time making the puff pastry dough so it was definetly a learning experience, everything turned out in the end! The recipe is actually a combination of three different recipes I found and actually worked out really well-at least there were no complaints from my family when they were eating XD

Recipe
Ingredients
Dough
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm 2% milk
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 and 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour

Butter Mixture
2 tbsp all purpose flour
3/4 cup cold butter cut into tbsp size pieces

Filling
6oz cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped raisins (optional)

Glaze
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 to 3 tsp water
food colouring (optional)

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Stir in sugar, salt and egg; mix well. Add the flour all at once, stirring until mixed. Set aside.

For butter mixture, sprinkle 1 tbsp flour on a work surface; place butter on surface and sprinkle with 1 tsp flour.
Press and roll out with a rolling pin. Scrape butter from rolling pin and continue to work the butter until it forms a smooth mass without any hard lumps. Knead in remaining flour, working quickly to keep better cold.

Place butter mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a small rectangle. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap; roll into a 9x6 inch rectangle. Set in fridge to cool until solid again.
I
n a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, and both sugars. Gently whisk in chopped raisins, making sure to fully mix. Set aside.

Turn dough onto a floured work surface; roll into a 14x10 inch rectangle, with a 10 inch side toward the bottom. Unwrap butter mixture; place on dough 1 inch above bottom edge and 1/2 inch from each side edge. Fold top half of dough over butter and pinch edges to seal.

Turn dough a quarter turn to the right; sprinkle lightly with additional flour. Lightly roll into a 16x18 inch rectangle. Fold bottom third of rectangle up and top third down, as when folding a business letter, making a 5-1/2x8 inch rectangle. Rotate dough a quarter turn to the right. Lightly roll into a 16x8 inch rectangle and again fold into thirds, finishing the second turn. Repeat rotating, rolling and folding two more times. Wrap loosely in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Roll dough into a 12 inch square; cut square into three 12x4 inch strips. Spread 2 tbsp filling down the centre of each strip to within 1 inch of long edge. Fold lengthwise over filling and pinch seam to seal. Cut each strip into three pieces. With scissors, cut each piece four times from pinched seam to about 1/2 inch from folded side. Place 2 inch apart on greased baking sheets. Curve folded side slightly to separate strips and allow filling to show. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly brush bear claws with beaten egg white. Bake 10-14 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Let cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cool rolls. Serve!
Edited By Vineyiea on 7/6/2020 at 2:29 PM.
Auria
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 63
Posted: 7/6/2020 at 10:57 AM Post #22
The Summer Fairy Feast sounds so fun! I can't wait to try all the food. I think I could probably manage making some Bulbori Drop Cookies with chocolate of course.

My lovely Bulbori, Sarial, is going to help me make these.
First we mix the dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking powder. I ask Sari to make the second mixture for me. She adds butter, sugar, and brown sugar into a big blue bowl. The second step is to add 3 eggs and some vanilla to Sari's bowl. After each egg we take turns stirring the egg in before adding another. The end result is super fluffy.

The third step is to combine both the bowls. The recipe said to add the dry mix to the blue bowl, but we did it the other way around because the blue bowl is too small. Sarial taps on my shoulder scaring me and I spilled a bunch of flour. I had to add more later.

Once the batter was done we had to add the fake Bulbori drops. Sari thought it was smart to dump the whole bag of chocolate into the batter without measuring, but it turned out good. I suppose she knows best. ^-^

The final step was to bake them. I don't have an oven so I made them on a skillet. They were like thick sturdier chocolate chip pancakes.

Sari and I served them with some vanilla bean ice cream and a thick layer of whipped cream. They reminded me of my childhood. The classics are always better. ^-^
Recipe
Edited By Auria on 7/6/2020 at 7:18 PM.
Alphalizzyflame
Level 74
The Tender
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/6/2020 at 7:45 PM Post #23
didn't have what I needed to make anything I wanted to at home and car is out of order, guess I'll draw :/

step one; sketch

(don't ask me how that turns into this)

step 2; line

step 3; color

step 4; finishing touches!

and the bear paw recipe I wanted to make was one I had in my kitchen cookbook, but I was missing pretty much most of the stuff so

ingredients:
1.5 cups of cold butter, cut into 1/3 inch pieces
5 cups all purpose flour
1/4 ounce dry active yeast
1.3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
3 large eggs, divided
1 large egg white
3/4 confectioners/powdered sugar
1/3 cup almond paste, diced
1 tablespoon milk
roughly 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
roughly 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
any glaze

directions:
-coat butter with 3 cups flour until well covered, put it in the fridge for now.
-in another bowl, combine the rest of the flour with the yeast and leave be for now.
-in a large saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, and salt, then heat to 120-130
-add to the bowl with yeast along with 1 egg, then beat until smooth.
-stir in the butter mixture until moistened
-flour your table and put the dough on it, then roll into a 22x12 inch rectangle. Starting at the short side, fold the dough in thirds to form a 12x7 inch rectangle. Turn the dough a quarter, roll into a 22x12 inch rectangle again, and repeat this step 15-20 more times.
-cover the dough and chill it for 5-20 hours, or until it is firm.
-in another bowl, beat the egg white until it is foamy, gradually adding in confectioners sugar and almond paste and continue beating until smooth.
-take out the dough, then cut in length width-wise.
-roll each portion of dough into a 12x12 square, then cut into 3 12x4 strips.
-spread about 2 tablespoons of filling down the center of every strip, then fold the long edges together over the filling and seal the ends. cut this into 3 pieces.
-place the filled dough on parchment lined baking sheets with the folded edge facing away from you. with scissors, cut the strips 4 times within 1/2 inch of the folded edge, then separate the cuts slightly.
-cover and let the dough rise for 45 min to 1.5 hours, or until doubled in size.
-lightly beat milk and the remaining egg together, then brush over the dough. sprinkle the sugar and almonds on top, then bake at 375 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. let the pastries cool, cover with glaze, and enjoy!
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 7/6/2020 at 8:54 PM Post #24
Many Thanks for inviting us to the feast. I brought a delicious Fealora leafy greens salad.

Since we don't places that sell the basic ingredients separately I had to go for a mix. My personal favorite is the spring mix it contains Green Leaf Lettuce, Romaine, red romaine, red leaf lettuce, Green oak lettuce, red oak lettuce, Lolla Rossa Lettuce,Red Tango lettuce, Arugula, Green Chard, Red Chard, Mizuna Leaves, Tatsoi, and Radicchio.

Next I cut up some Broccoli and Cauliflower

Then I cut up some Carrots.

Then I mixed them all together and added Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese.

Then I added a sprinkling of lemon juice, some black pepper and Ranch dressing.

Aaaannnndd Viola! A delicious and satisfying salad to tingle ones taste buds. You can even add your choice of meats to make it a chefs salad. However since this was a faelora leafy greens salad I opted out of that step.
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 7/9/2020 at 12:04 AM Post #25
I was very excited to participate in this contest, because I wouldn't have to make something sweet lol. I made a Faelora Leafy green salad with the help of my girl, Elira.

Elira and I decided to go out into Viridian Meadows to find some good leafy greens for the base of our salad. I wanted to check out Trollblight Caverns first. It's a cool places were I figured salad greens would flourish, unfortunatly I was wrong. Elira wasn't going to let me waster out time, she was suppose to be leading not me. She quickly pointed me over toward Fungus Grove and started pushing me in that directions. I ened up tripping over some garlic cloves so we packed those up and headed over. It took some time and a little scavenging but we were able to find a nice head of lettuce along with some good looking spinach near Fungus Grove. Elira also sniffed out some parsley growing in the grass, I wanted to grab cilantro instead but she said no.... We would have grabbed some mushrooms to but, well raw mushrooms just don't taste as good as cooked ones to me. Of course Elira isn't picky and loves them, she nudged me some to save for later as a snack. Next we wanted to find some olives, mhm who doesn't love those? I told Elira that I would take black or green olives if she could find them, so we went on our way. We knew they would have to be in pretty sunny place. Since we cleared out the Bandit camp awhile ago shrubbery has had the chance to grow up. I was shocked when Elira came trotting back to me with vines full of olives. Apparently she found them growing on some trees. Who would have thunk it? Next up was cucumber and avocado. We decided to head over to Sweet Blossom orchard for those. They are mostly known for there apple trees but since the location is so nice you can find some other types of trees growing in abundance to. It took awhile but we managed to find everything on the list. We didn't get home till dark but I was hungry so it didn't matter lol.

I washed off the greens and parsley and set them out to dry for a moment before cutting them up a bit and setting them on a plate as my base. They were still a bit wet but I didn't care, Elira scoffed at me.

Next I chopped up the olives and garlic we found. I cut the dark olives in half and the green olives in circles. The garlic was cut as finely so my mouth wouldn't burn as much when I crunched down on it. Unfortunately Elira went and nibbled on an olive that had a chunk of fresh garlic on it.... yeah she needed like a gallon of water to wash the sting away.

After that I cut up the avocado and cucumber in slices. I added the avocado to the sides to make room for some of the protein I picked up at the market in Esior's Haven. I offered Elira some of the salad before I added anything else but she was good just gobbled down her mushrooms. I added a boiled egg that I chopped up to the center of my salad. I'm not sure what type of egg it is....

I added the meat I got from the market. It was fresh, right from the farm. Not really sure what it is....but it taste like chicken. I like to have a nice crunch on my salad so I added some chips to the top. Then I put my dressing on. Elira gave it a nod of approval, she was standing near by to make sure I didn't screw it up somehow.

I haven't had a fresh salad in awhile, it was really good! Hopefully the pictures are good enough, my phone has a lame camera. I didn't use a recipe but I'll still put a list of the things I used below.

1 Head of Lettuce (Any Kind)
1 1/2 Handfuls of Spinach
Garlic Cloves
Parsley
Olives (Any Kind)
Cucumber
Avocado
1 Egg
Chopped Chicken o3o
Dressing (Any Kind)
Kalores
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 109
Posted: 7/9/2020 at 4:59 PM Post #26
Thanks for reaching out, Sereia! No, I've never heard of the Summer Fairy Feast, but thank you for letting me know! I'm happy to help out and bring a dish. The one I've decided to go with is the Faelora Leafy Greens. I've put my own spin on the dish, using vegetables but no actually leafy greens. That being said, the Bulbori in the forest behind my house decided to make short work of my lettuce, so I didn't have much of a choice! However, I have plenty of other vegetables I'm bringing to the table, which the local Dryads have helped me to grow, so I can guarantee this will be an amazing salad! I've even prepared some pictures of the creation process, so Sereia, if you or any of your friends would like to recreate my salad, this will make it easy.

Here is a picture of all the ingredients I used in making this salad:
-1 cucumber
-3 sweet bell peppers
-3/4 of a sweet onion
-several cherry tomatoes
Feel free to adjust the number of each veggie used based on the number of guests you will have :)
I have also pictured the feta cheese I will be using, coming straight from the farmer next door. I've used cow feta this time, but goat feta is also lovely.

Make sure you dice up the various veggies into nice, small pieces that mix together well. As always, use a cutting board and a sharp knife. Safety is very important. Also, make sure you wash your vegetables before preparing them. You never know if a Lunemara has left any pollen on them~

All of the veggies have been prepared! It's time to mix them up and add your dressing of choice. I've decided to go with a special dressing that's been passed down in my family for years. While, sadly, I cannot share the exact recipe, I can say that olive oil, french mustard, cilantro, and sumac are some of the ingredients used.

And my salad is done! It's all mixed up and ready for the Summer Fairy Feast! Now, you may be wondering why the feta cheese is off to the side. Well, there are two reasons, really. First, I sometimes have guests that have a dairy intolerance or allergy, so this way they can avoid the cheese while everyone else can add it in if they want. Second, I find, when mixing up the salad, the cheese often settles on the bottom, meaning some people don't end up getting much cheese at all. This way, anyone who wants cheese, will get a nice amount.

Wheew, that was hard work, but worth it! I look forward to seeing all the other dishes that get brought to the feast!
Fyrebloodkit
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 7/9/2020 at 6:50 PM Post #27
Let me tell you a story of a couple of bunners that helped me make a yummy treat.

Meet Chip

and his sister Choco

A couple of Rowdy Bulboris that are as cute as they are troublesome, well, more so Chip.

A few days ago I chose to help Miss Sereia with the summer fairy feast. The best one that i know of to make... Bulbori drop cookies. The twins helped me with gathering the ingredients.

It was going well until a certain bulbori (chip) decided that instead of carefully helping me fold in the 'drops'... that he'd dump it all in!

I was able to still mix it all in anyway with Choco scolding her brother. Then it was time to place the mix into the oven. Choco tried to make them into proper sizes, but her claws scooped up a bit more than the instructions said...

They still came out perfect and everyone loved them. They almost didn't even make it to the feast!

The End.
Btw mad props to Mysticmcknight for designing Chip and Choco for me!!!
Maelstorm
Level 75
Fairy Sous Chef
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/10/2020 at 8:58 AM Post #28
I have a question.

I made and posted my entry on July 4th, and wasn't thinking about that when I changed username. So the username (Twilia) used in my photos is wrong. Is the entry still valid even though I've changed usernames?
Catweare
Level 70
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/11/2020 at 7:02 PM Post #29
sorry, I can't get the original link to work

Faelora Leafy Green

The Salad Recipe
A Handful Kale, 1 or 2 leaves of Romaine lettuce chopped up, A handful of baby spinach, Oranges and Strawberries to taste. Then you lightly mix them all together and add your choice of dressing. For the bread,You take a slice out of the loaf and Use a paper cut out or a cookie cutter of a reindeer/faelora. Cut it out and toast for one to two minutes.
Edited By Catweare on 7/11/2020 at 7:07 PM.
Stupic
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 4
Posted: 7/11/2020 at 7:20 PM Post #30
Ah, the Fairy Feast! Now I remember! Let's just get our pots and veggies in order and our favorite angry ny'vene and we will cook up some of the most delicious Flame Chili!

First we'll get some veggies. I've got carrots, onions, tomatoes, beans, and of course our nyvene chili pepper!

We diced the veggies and added them to a big pot filled with river water from outside the palace in Ethernia.

Oh, I keep saying 'we', and by that I mean myself, Stupic, and the harbinger of flames and destruction, Rageclaw the Firecracker. He's here to provide the much needed spark to set this concoction on its way to glory. In other words, Rageclaw set the logs on fire.

We let this simmer for a couple hours, sometimes adding more wood for that extra smokey flavor, sometimes adding more ny'vene flame chili for flavor. We hope you enjoy the spicy!

And...for a more behind the scenes look at the process of watercolor chili...

The line art

The basic watercolor pen addition

Hope you enjoy the Fairy Feast! This is Rageclaw and Stupic signing off.

The drawing before I added tissue paper flames colored with red watercolor pens.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.