Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Patriotic Event - Sylestia Fairy Co...
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Maelstorm
Level 75
Fairy Sous Chef
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 5:04 PM Post #11
***note***
Username was changed from Twilia to Whiterabbit14 after entry was made

Umbra Forest Gateau

Not bad for first homemade cake xD
Ingredients for cake batter

(Not shown with pictures, I forgot >.< )
Made Cherry Syrup to replace the cherry liqueur for the filling inbetween. Made filling, cakes came out of oven, but fell. Made chocolate bark, and tried to cut cakes in half, ended up not working because of falling. And made whipped cream frosting

Started putting filling in and covered with frosting

Frosted and layered, chocolate bark on the sides!

Decorated with cherries and chocolate chip!

This was pretty much devoured as soon as I took the final pictures xD

Recipe
Cake
2+1/8 cup flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1+1/2 tsps baking powder
3/4 tsps baking soda
3/4 tsps salt
6 tbsps egg replacer
6 tbsps warm water
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract

(Baked at 350F for 35 mins)

Mix dry ingredients first, then add wet ingredients, and egg replacer. Bake at 350F for 35 mins or until toothpick comes clean

Replacement for cherry liqueur (cherry syrup)
1/2 pound cherries pitted and halved
1/8th cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1/8 cup warm water mixed with 4 tsps flour ,

In a saucepan on medium heat, add water, lemon juice and sugar, until a light boil. Add cherries and stir often for 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring often for about 3 minutes. Add flour and water mixture, one that is all mixed, take off heat and allow to cool.

Cherry filling
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cherry syrup

In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Let boil for 2 mins. Add cherry syrup and take off heat. Let cool completely.

Chocolate bark
250g chocolate chips, melted and spread on parchment paper, rolled and placed in freezer

Frosting
3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp flour

Whip whipping cream, sugar and flour until stiff peak.

The recipes have been modified a bit for my family. There is no milk in everything but the frosting and bark. That's why in the second picture the back layer has a slice out of it. It was taken out so Dad could eat. There is absolutely no corn and eggs, all have replacements.
Edited By Whiterabbit14 on 7/22/2020 at 9:12 PM.
Soaringfalcone
Level 70
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 22
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 5:08 PM Post #12
May I prepare multiple dishes for the feast? They all sounds so good, I just can't decide!
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 7/4/2020 at 10:22 PM Post #13
Of course! However, only one entry will be graded. So in your post please pick the one that you want to qualify. :)
DebaucheryTeaParty
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 32
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 12:15 AM Post #14
I went with the Umbra Forest Gateau because chocolate cake is a favorite of mine...also didn't want to go out to the store for ingredients for the other stuff because corona virus is still kind of rampant in my area and I help care for my elderly grandmother so, not worth going above and beyond if it risks getting her sick. Still I think I did pretty good with what I had!

I present to you a bunt Umbra Forest Gateau. For this particular dessert I used Vierna's chocolate cake with Vierna's Shade chocolate icing...not easy to attain since I had to hunt Vierna down and "negotiate" for the recipes to those. -_- From my qitari army I was able to make a qitari whipped cream to adorn the cake with lovely piles of swirled cream and elegant ribbons around the cake. The little qits loved licking the bowl! <3 Then I asked some Berry Fairy Kelparis to gather some fairy berries, I had a nice crop of corn to offer them in return. :) I topped it all off with some chocolate fairy dust (courtesy of Jinxie). Jinxie and I have already sampled the cake to ensure we're bringing the best quality to the Fairy Feast. We are both delighted to say that it was delicious...and no so delightfully willing to say that it may or may not make it to the Fairy Feast...

Kind of hard to see in the picture, but the ingredients are
- 1 cup water (from Astryl's Tranquility)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (faelora harvested, fairy produced)
- 3 eggs (infertile, no babylesties were harmed)
- and one box of Devil's (Vierna's) cake mix
* Add all ingredients, blend for 30 seconds on low, mix for 2 minutes on medium. Pour into pan and cook for 40-45 minutes.

Other ingredients
- 1 can of chocolate icing (Vierna's shade icing)
- 4 strawberries (fairy berries, berry fairy kelpari harvested)
- 1 cup whipped cream (qitari cream)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip shavings (chocolate fairy dust from Jinxie)

Preparing the cake pan (bunt pan). Rather than using a nonstick cooking spray, I prefer to use a shortening greased pan with a light flour coating on top. This leaves very little oil on the exterior of the cake and makes it slide right out of the pan when done cooking.

After mixing the cake batter. Usually they tell you to mix it for "x" amount of time but I've been cooking for a few years and guesstimating is usually okay to do with something like this. Some recipes (like jelly) need to be more precise but for this it really doesn't matter.

Pour it into the pan and then put it in the oven.

Done cooking, now got to let it cool before icing can be added.

Add chocolate icing, cream decorations, berries, and chocolate shavings. Hard to tell from the pic, but I cut the berries to be heart shaped. <3

And one pic from the top because it looks really cool from above.

Even if I don't win, I'm very happy with how this turned out. It was really fun to make and tasted even better. I never would have thought about putting whipped cream or strawberries on a cake like this if it weren't for this contest so it was a pretty cool learning experience for me. ^^

Looking back I realize the name stuff is kind or hard to read so I'll work on resizing them tomorrow. On the downside...last two pics I accidentally put my old username. I don't think that should be a problem because I included user ID as well and there are four images with my current username.
Budgie1
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 3
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 6:41 AM Post #15
Squeeee! I just love cooking! I've decided to make two of the dishes the Umbra Forest Gateau and the Ny'vene Flame Chili. The one I'll use for 'grading' is the Umbra Forest Gateau, though I'll post both.

I forgot to write the date down but I did both on the 5th July

Umbra Forest Gateau

Ingredients:

Chocolate Cake
2 cup plain flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk room temperature
1 cup hot water
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla

" />
(The cake batter ingredients, I forgot to take a pic of the bottled cherries and jam)

Whipped Cream
3 cup whipping cream cold
1/4 cup powdered sugar sifted

Chocolate Bark
250 g dark chocolate melted

Filling
100g cherry jam
650g can pitted cherry, 2 tbsp juice reserved, rest drained

Instructions:
Chocolate Cake
1. Preheat oven to 180C, grease two 20cm round baking pans and dust with cocoa powder. Line bottoms with parchment.
2. Place all dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Stir to combine.
3. In a medium bowl whisk all wet ingredients (pour hot water in slowly as not to cook the eggs).
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix on medium for 2-3 mins. Batter will be very thin.
5. Pour evenly into prepared pans. I used a kitchen scale to ensure the batter is evenly distributed.
6. Bake for 45 mins or until a cake tester comes out mostly clean.
7. Cool 10 minutes in the pans then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

" />

" />

Chocolate Bark
1. Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in 20 second bursts in the microwave.
2. Using a large offset spatula, spread melted chocolate in a thin layer on a large sheet of parchment.
3. Roll up from the short side of the parchment. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze until firm. 4. Unroll to create chocolate bark.

" />
(It's left over chocolate bark since I forgot to take one before hand)

Assembly
1. Cut each cake layer in half horizontally.
2. Place one layer of cake on a cake stand or serving plate. Brush generously with cherry syrup.
3. Top with approximately 1 cup whipped cream and spread evenly. Top with approximately 1 cup of cherries and gently press them into the whipped cream. Repeat with remaining layers and frost the outside of the cake.
4. Decorate with chocolate bark, chocolate shavings, rosettes, and cherries if desired.

" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
This one is technically the cut off pieces of the cakes, the non 'flat' bit which I re-leveled. At first I was going to put it on top of the other one but then it would've been too tall so... I decided to do another cake!
" />
" />
The insides for both the cakes are exactly the same

Since cherries aren't in season here I went with the next best thing (for decorating) strawberries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I decided to do another Umbra Forest Gateau on the 15th of July. The only difference I did while cooking this one was instead of using 1/2 a cup of oil I used 1/2 a cup of buttermilk. I also didn't add berries on the top layer of cream that was a mistake of only the first cake (it was because I was going to put the second cake on top of that one, but I didn't end up doing that), so it's only the first cake that has that. I didn't take pictures of the process of this one as 1. It's basically identical to the one/s above (besides from the buttermilk) and 2. I wasn't going to post this originally but I liked this one so...
Could this one be graded please?
" />
" />
^ pic taken on the 16th July

If I can't have the above one graded because I didn't take any pictures of the process please use this one \/
" />

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cake is a mix of these two recipes, the one above has been modified to what I did.
https://livforcake.com/black-forest-cake/
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/black-forest-gateau

Ny'vene Flame Chili

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil 3 garlic cloves , minced
1 onion , diced (brown, white, yellow)
1 lb / 500g beef mince / ground beef
1 container of homemade tomato paste
800g / 28 oz can crushed tomato
14 oz / 420g can 4 bean mix, drained (or other beans)
2 cups gravy (2 tsp of beef gravox with 2 cups water)
1 1/2 tsp sugar (any type)
Salt and pepper

Chili Spice Mix
2 tsp cayenne pepper (regrets were made)
4 tsp paprika powder
5 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp garlic powder
tsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano

" />

Instructions:
1.Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until onion is translucent.

" />

2. Turn heat up to high and add beef. Cook, breaking it up as you go, until mostly browned.

" />

3. Add Chili Spice Mix. Cook until beef is browned all over.
4. Add remaining ingredients.

" />

5. Serve

" />
" />

I got this recipe for Nagi (Recipe Tin Eats) and mixed it with my dad's recipe (which isn't written down, he just adds whatever he likes into the pan).
https://www.recipetineats.com/chilli-con-carne/
Edited By Budgie1 on 7/18/2020 at 6:28 AM.
Budgie1
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 3
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 6:47 AM Post #16
Do I need to pick one of the cakes? Since they're both the same thing?
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 1:11 PM Post #17
I also decided to do the black forest cake
Umbra Forest cake
Gathering Items

I didnt take pictures of mixing or cutting the cherries but here it is before it went into the oven.

Decorated

Trying

This was amazingly good! the bits of fresh cherries mixed into the batter were amazing
Edited By Starline on 7/5/2020 at 2:44 PM.
Nimbus2000
Level 60
Fairy Sous Chef
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 4:05 PM Post #18
(Mini) Bulbori Drop Cookies

I used the NESTLE TOLL HOUSE chocolate chip cookies recipe, but I cut it in half, added extra flour to make them fluffy, and used fewer chocolate chips. The recipe below is my version
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Click on the pictures so they show up. I couldn't get them to work, sorry.

Step one:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/ 190 degrees C. Mix butter, sugars, and eggs in electric mixer until completly combined. Mix all other ingridents (minus the chocolate chips) in a bowl.

Step two:
Mix everything together

Step three:
Roll a tablespoon sized ball of dough in your hands until round. Place onto ungreased baking sheet. Press down lightly. Repeat until all dough is gone.

Step four:
Bake for 8-12 minutes.

Step five:
Eat!
Shadowized
Level 75
Leaf Bender
Threads: 97
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 5:45 PM Post #19
Bulbori Drop Cookies

Here it my version of these amazing cookies. First up, you will have to obtain all of the ingredients (which may require some gold or other form of bartering. (Had some trouble with the pics, but they come up if you click on them)

You will need:
1 cup luffox shorting
3/4 cup puffadore brown sugar
3/4 cup aeridini sugar
1 tsp vulnyx vanilla
1/2 tsp water sprite water
2 non-sylestian eggs
2 cups faelora flour
1 tsp bulbori baking soda
1 tsp sylvorpa salt
1 package of qitari chocolate chips

Once you have the ingredients, you will want to beat the shortening, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, water, and eggs in a mixing bowl.

Then blend in the flour, salt, and baking soda before stirring in the chocolate chips.

Next, drop those cookies onto a non stick pan!

Bake them at 350 degrees for ten minutes.

Make sure to let them cool before serving!
Edited By Shadowized on 7/5/2020 at 5:47 PM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 7/5/2020 at 10:17 PM Post #20
Bulbori Drop Cookies
(First, let me say sorry for not including the date on my name card! I'm hoping this won't disqualify my entry >.< They were made on July 4, 2020, if that helps. At least the cookies were fun to bake XP)

Thank you so much for the invitation to the Fairy Feast! It sounds like it will be great fun! One of my favourite cookies in Sylestia is definitely the Bulbori Drop cookies, so I was excited to see that they were on the list of foods to bring to the feast!

My mother always made these cookies for me and my siblings when we were growing up, so I used her recipe, but added a little twist. In honour of the bulbori's gems and their multi-coloured hues, I set out to make Rainbow Bulbori Drop cookies! (Though, for the traditionalists, I've also made up the regular ones as well~)

The first thing I needed to do was gather my ingredients!

(not pictured: margarine (actually under my name card XD) and eggs)

These cookies are very sweet! Because I was making both traditional and rainbow cookies, I doubled the recipe! One cup of white sugar and another of golden sugar.... and a nice big dollop of margarine!

Once those were all blended together, the wet ingredients (2 eggs and the vanilla) had to be beaten in!

And then the dry ingredients~ Three cups of flour, some baking powder, and a little salt.

Once everything was mixed together and the batter was ready, it was time to separate out half of the dough for colouring! The uncoloured dough got a large helping of chocolate chips, and into the oven they went! While they baked, I portioned the other half of the dough into six small bowls so they could be dyed the colours of the rainbow!

Once the dough was coloured to my liking, in went a healthy heap of white chocolate chips! (The White Chocolate bulboris were so happy to see that they were finally going to be represented at the feast!) Then, it was into the oven with the rainbow-coloured cookies too!

Once the cookies came out of the oven, they had to cool. There was quite the stack of them in the end!

However, my Easter Bulboris told me that presentation just would not do for the feast! Thankfully, they had an idea! Arrange them like enchanted flowers!

Now they're ready to go to the feast!

Recipe
For the number of cookies I made, I doubled the recipe
Ingredients
2/3 cup of margarine
1/2 cup each of granulated sugar and brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 ounces of chocolate chips
Food colouring

Directions
1. Cream margarine with sugars.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, then blend into batter
4. (Optional) Split dough into separate bowls, then add food colouring to make desired colours
5. By hand, stir in chocolate chips
6. Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased baking sheets
7. Bake 8-10 minutes at 375F
Edited By Mikazukichan on 7/7/2020 at 5:22 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.