Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Easter Event - Create an Easter Egg...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 4/11/2020 at 9:22 PM Post #21
I have a question: If I wanted to make my entry with sewing or knitting or such, do all patterns used have to be original? For instance, if I wanted to make a small plush to go with my egg, can I not make it from a pattern that I did not create myself (although the original pattern would be modified to look like a Sylesti)?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/11/2020 at 11:17 PM Post #22
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=87819&page=3#21
Author: Anemochory
Time Posted: 4/11/2020 at 9:22 PM
I have a question: If I wanted to make my entry with sewing or knitting or such, do all patterns used have to be original? For instance, if I wanted to make a small plush to go with my egg, can I not make it from a pattern that I did not create myself (although the original pattern would be modified to look like a Sylesti)?

I am honestly not really at all familiar with the sewing scene so I'm not entirely sure how all that works in regards to using patterns. So I'm not sure I can provide the best answer without seeing exactly what the question is regarding.

But, like, say you were going to use a Mickey Mouse pattern, sew that, and submit it. I would say something like that would not really be what we're looking for. Anything not as black and white as that, though, is gonna be hard for me to answer without more information.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 4/12/2020 at 1:22 AM Post #23
My first attempt at playdo carving, did the nephini logo animal

(It says Easter under him but im not the best at getting works to show yet)

((Ahh sorry ignore ping,, my computer glitched)))
Edited By Limor on 4/12/2020 at 1:23 AM.
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 4/15/2020 at 1:01 AM Post #24
Amiguri easter Bulbori & Lucky Vorpa Egg

The egg I painted based off one of my pets, Ambercrombie the lucky vorpa, The bulb is just a regular bulb with evening gems :) Image heavy!

First the egg

1. Here I have the egg, as you can see not white, blue/green, did not have a choice in that matter, I blew it to clean it and well to not waste egg.

2.Base colours and blending, all freehand, yes, the vorpa is hugging the egg.

3. Details next, eyes and spots.

4, Now for shading, shimmer, highlights and Floral Henna.

5. Added final sparkle bits(gold paint) and done egg. Not easy painting something so small.

[TEMPLINKREPLACE]~> based on this guy [/url]

Next the bunny
1. working on pieces, I'm not going to bore you with a step by step here but suffice to say this took me a few days.

2. all pieces done, assembly Time

3. Bunny Face, Note I'm working with the buttons and wool I happen to have lying around.

4. pose-able legs, tail and arms attached. also glued on gems

5. Better presentation in basket, Project done!~

(note I noticed Ponder's question and my bunny is based off a basic pattern (first amiguri project ever so, erm.. yeah.) It was adapted to look more like a bulb, It looks quite different to the original but if not acceptable krin I can just submit the egg)
Edited By Dragoil on 4/15/2020 at 1:07 AM.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 4/15/2020 at 1:41 AM Post #25
Question @Krin:
I didn't think of this until after I finished (oops) but as you can see, I decided to make an origami ny'vene mommy and baby. However, I did not create the original design. I followed three Youtube tutorials and made little changes as needed. Does this still count?
If it makes any difference, I made the adult ny'vene from memory but I still got the design from a Youtube video.

1. I love making origami animals and I finally have the time to put together something :) The plan is to make a mommy ny'vene watching her baby hatch.

2. This is about 1/8 of the way through my mommy ny'vene. I used a full sheet of paper so this was the largest I could make it.

3. Mommy Ny'vene finished! I loved this pattern and memorized it a long time ago. Glad to see that I still remember how to make it! :)

4. Oops, I forgot to take a picture earlier. Here's halfway done with the baby ny'vene.

5. Had to wait a couple days for this step until I used an egg to make dinner

6. Forgot to take pictures again. I painted the egg red on the outside and gold on the inside. I had to make a stand for the egg (this is the third design. The first two didn't work). I also sketched a template of the wings for the egg.

7. Painted the wings and attached it to the egg.

8. Oops, I didn't realize that the size difference would be so drastic...and I don't have a quail egg on hand. Well, we can make do with what we have.

*Note, I put my user ID on the card since I'm considering changing my username.

Outdoor photoshoot since the weather was so nice :)
Edited By Sandstorm514 on 4/22/2020 at 4:27 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/15/2020 at 10:21 PM Post #26
Following a tutorial is allowed, yep. =)

You were still the one to physically create/design the entry.

I would compare it to following a tutorial on how to do shading in Photoshop, or following a tutorial/recipe on how to make chocolate, etc. All of that is 100% acceptable.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 4/17/2020 at 5:20 AM Post #27
I love that so much!!! I havent settled on mine yet but Im super pumped up now to follow my simi tradition of doing a water theme!
Bobeatspie300
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/17/2020 at 11:34 PM Post #28
we were kind of superpressed with current circumstances so i couldn't do anything toooo fancy traditional wise. but, I tried to make an exp orb egg with what I had. and i..forgot to write the year. which I know is kind of a disqualifier, but I thought I'd submit this one anyways because i did my best. the imgur post has the upload date, and the metadata should line up. not that that really matters

ready worksurface, with dye and stuff.

all eggs, foamed up and ready, so I could select the perfect color blend for the job

Glitter hours

presemptation!

Im realizing now that the final picture is too dark for you to read the cardboard too..this really is a disaster of an attempt, but I did add an edited picture where i cranked up the brightness and contrast so you can see it ^u^;;;
theres also a gif of the egg there, just so you can get a better visual
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 4/18/2020 at 11:45 AM Post #29
Ty, Katelynn, oh water theme! I can't wait to see what you create, I love watching everyone's entrys, it's fantastic what this community can create even in hard times (hearts for you all)
Serenitylichen
Level 60
Corporal
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/18/2020 at 9:51 PM Post #30
My Entry!!

So I did a nest of Lighira eggs!
(Well I did my best. Heheh....)

Picturessssss!

Materials!

Progress 1 got corrupted. Here's a description instead.

I used the red pipe cleaner and twisted it into a circular shape. I proceeded to hot glue a piece of the black fabric underneath the red pipe cleaner to hold the "eggs". I glued the yellow thread to the red pipe cleaner and glued the three white balls together.

:3

Progress 2!

Finished! (I believe)

This was fun. Glad I could use my craft supplies for once. ^-^'
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.