Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~ Writers of Sylestia ~
Page 69 1, 2, 3... 68, 69, 70... 81, 82, 83 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/24/2021 at 12:30 AM Post #681
Depends on how old I am at the time, now, probably not, if I were older, I might consider it depending on what my life is like later

Well, I have a character who can choose if they want to age at any point (at a human rate, they can't change the speed) or stay at the same mental/physical age if they want, which seems like a pretty good deal tbh
So basically they give off the kind of vibe that they're well-traveled/have a lot of stories to tell, but lack the appearance (and maturity lol) of the age they should logically have, nor do they have the worldview of an actual immortal person

Then I have one who got immortalized and lost any sense of future importance or urgency so they don't really care anymore, which obviously doesn't affect them because they don't really care about anything but the present (plus they're an animal creature thing so they have even less human values). But it's not so fun for the mortal peeps who got them to that point thinking they could save them but discovered that this isn't exactly a better alternative (long story, I have been writing too much lore)

And then I have a whole bunch of immortal idiots/primordial people who either
- are too busy dealing with other immortal people to care about mortality/remember it's a thing
- see mortal people like video game characters
- care about mortal peeps to an extent but never really considered being one
- got super into the hating immortality thing (not a lot)

Thank
Edited By Skylarky on 4/24/2021 at 12:34 AM.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 4/24/2021 at 11:18 AM Post #682
Ooo, I like the idea that immortals simple cease to care about timely matters. Since most of my characters are immortal but face death on days that end in -y, I go off the idea that time won't kill them but something else will. So, immortals with a high mortality rate? xD
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/24/2021 at 12:53 PM Post #683
Yeah, plus if you've been immortal the entire time, it's not like you really know what it's like to be anything else, like,,, how often do you think about a day in the life of a mouse and decide you'd rather be it lol

A lot of mine are kind of the equivalent of gods, so one of them dying might mess up their domain for a bit unless someone immediately takes it over, which deters some of the violence, but tensions are still high, plus you've still got wars and such (yay celestial politics??). The ones who aren't gods are more fair game if they aren't under the protection of someone else, so... it's complicated, I guess xD
And then there are the three primordial ones who would literally break the universe if they died, so that's one kind of insurance lol

"face death on days that end in -y"
I wheezed.
Ooh that's a really interesting concept to have most of your characters immortal, they get to do a ton of things together but death is a major threat oooh
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 4/24/2021 at 2:36 PM Post #684
ID
Preferred writing genre
I'm a sci-fi/fantasy nerd, but my style is generally really.... surreal?
Age (optional)
immortal being is smol.
Pinglist?
Sure!
Other facts you want to be known about you or your writing
I never, um, finish anything?
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 4/24/2021 at 2:39 PM Post #685
Ooo is someone talking about immortal characters?! I have at least 30 over the age of 500
I have a pantheon of gods in which all of them slowly 'faded' or ceased to exist, and the only one left has been driven completely mad by his own immortality. Fun stuff, but I love playing around with immortal characters! :3
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 4/24/2021 at 3:55 PM Post #686
Edited By Skylarky on 4/24/2021 at 3:56 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 4/25/2021 at 9:11 AM Post #687
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85271&page=68#677
Author: Hiraeth
Time Posted: 4/23/2021 at 6:35 PM
Okayyy! I've returned with a soul-poking question I thought of while playing Vampyr. Great game, would recommend. Anyhow, if you were offered immortality, would you take it (assuming you were in good physical condition) and why? Keep in mind immortality isn't the same as invulnerability - you can still die, just not of old age.

Personally, I would, because I want to explore the secrets of the universe :D I'd also have the time to explore the world at my own pace.

One of my characters became immortal, but her family and friends were not, and I'm trying to show the feelings of watching the world and people around you grow old and die while you're still 22. Another one of my characters is almost 10 thousand years old and as a result has kinda closed off emotionally.

If you have any immortal characters, do you have them think about their lack of mortality?

Lark, Uieaoeia is now Theialish
Meranoia is now Edenadir

Maybe? It depends. On one hand, id muxh prefer to die ofold age then of....um....xertain thinga i can think of. On another hand, i might live long enough to get everything messed up on my body fized which would be awesome.
Yamii
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 162
Posted: 4/25/2021 at 11:49 AM Post #688
I do have one immortal character, who is in the form of a child, due to a near death experience that ended up costing 10 other lives to save him as a kid. The character wishes that they weren't immortal though, due to the mental pain they experience as a side effect.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 4/25/2021 at 3:13 PM Post #689
I have a few god characters including one who is serving as the patron god of a warlock in a rpg I'm running atm who are immortals, along with some really long-lived alien characters.

This patron god was once a mortal before ending up reincarnated into god powers and annoyingly possesses his warlock a lot out of boredom and it's a dynamic I've explored with him quite a bit considering this rpg has a player who was cursed with immortality as well. The immortal player is pretty jaded and defeated from his immortality which has the double effect of keeping him from ever sleeping and resurrecting him after a period of time if he does die through most means (think Wolverine type regeneration). And boy, he's thought about it and lamented it a lot. This player was the king of a kingdom he had to watch basically decay over time and his people turn on him for making this deal of immortal power while my patron god was once a sorcerer obsessed with power and the prospect of achieving immortality.
The god tends to see the immortality in a far more of a mirthful way if he ever does acknowledge it or his divine status that may be confined to him as a coping mechanism really, considering he died as a young adult and his pursuit of ultimate power kinda barred him off from ever experiencing much of life as a whole. He's also been mostly barred from interacting with many mortals because of his status and it's definitely changed him completely from how he was mortal (though he still has some high and mighty tendencies)

Needless to say these two have had a very interesting dynamic I don't think would have happened organically if they didn't have shared circumstances. It's almost rival-like since these two end up reflecting each other's worst parts in a way, but they've also had some strangely weird bonding moments as friends and teammates.
Edited By Xedite on 4/25/2021 at 3:15 PM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 4/28/2021 at 3:34 PM Post #690
oh, we're talking about immortal characters? i have like, one of those and they are not very happy about it. technically they can still die, they can be killed by sickness or injury but otherwise they will live forever. because of this they are kind of crazy and usually drunk. yeah mines not really interesting but i use them alot because they fight with my main OC a lot.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 68, 69, 70... 81, 82, 83
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.