Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 207 1, 2, 3... 206, 207, 208... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 4/19/2020 at 11:04 PM Post #2061
-- Tsunami --
By far, one of the worst. If there is a tsunami coming towards you, you cannot stop it. Chances are you will drown or die some other horrible death. That and I cannot imagine looking at the sky and just seeing water coming over you with no escape. Many tsunami's also come along with earthquakes - just to add to the turmoil.

-- Supercell Storm --
While not scary on its own these storms come with a strong chance of tornado. Supercell storms are rotating storms which, in taking on this rotating motation, almost always come with Tornado. Along with the before mentioned tornado you can you see find deadly hail and extreme wind damage.

-- Pyroclastic Flow --
Pyroclastic Flow, once again a more uncommon natural disaster, is still terrifying. Imagine a wall of ash coming towards you in the sky (at speeds of up to 500mph) filled with toxic gasses and are extremely hot. You can also not outrun Pyroclastic Flow, this will move much much faster then any lava and travel much farther distances and end many more lives.

-- Wildfire --

For much of my childhood I lived near a wild fire, for a random fact about me on at one of my birthday parties (7 or 8 years old?) we were told by a police officer to pack some bags in case we had to evacuate, I remember being terrified I wouldn't be able to save my pets or that i'd lose my home. Luckily nothing came of this but not a feeling I want to relive.

((Now going and taking a look back at my old designs lets see which of them I can improve upon and give a good reason for why (even after all this time) I - for the life of me - do not want to be around them))

-- Permafrost Bomb --
So taking a look at my old design I saw the 'Frozen Methane Bubbles' which after some further research I found a much for terrifying disaster. While not an actual bomb it is metaphorically one. Inside much of ancient permafrost is tons and tons of deadly greenhouse gasses. Due to climate change and over drilling of arctic soils we are in danger of releasing this Permafrost bomb. Yes, completely natural, but the rate that it can explode is sped up by human activities.

-- Limnic Eruption --
Taking a shot at another old design with some proper reasoning. Limnic Eruptions are a large build up of carbon monoxide and can suddenly erupt. Now to make these worse they often cause tsunami;s - along with a deadly bubble of gasses that can suffocate everything in its reach. The most recent one killed 1,746 people as well as 3500 livestock animals.

-- Meteor Strike --
So the last of the old ones, once again giving some proper reasoning. Well I think safe to say, anyone would be scared of a large scale meteor strike. A strike by a meteor would cause death almost all of earth - as what happened to the dinosaurs. As stated by scientists recently we have been under possible impact by a meteor - only adding to the constant idea in the back of your head this could happen. The next closest meteor is going to be April 29th - though scientists predict we will be fine. Such a meteor strike can also leads to thousands of years of extreme volcanic activity.

Edited By Limor on 4/20/2020 at 7:27 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 4/19/2020 at 11:58 PM Post #2062
Pick one you would not ever want to be in or bare witness too then.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 7:02 AM Post #2063
Tsunami then.
Sophiegrace
Level 62
Corporal
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 11:24 AM Post #2064
Earthquake
Currently my state is due for an earthquake and the thought of one honestly terrifies me. They may not look too destructive but they can completely wreck cities and prevent access to essentials. On top of all that they are pretty unpredictable so one could happen any second.

Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 11:41 AM Post #2065
-- Locust Storm --
I hate locusts. Hate them. In the summer of 1874, a dry, arid spring had created the perfect conditions for Rocky Mountain locusts to lay their eggs in large numbers. Trillions of them later hatched and laid siege to Nebraska, Kansas, the Dakotas, Iowa, and several other states. Witnesses said the locusts arrived in roaring clouds so thick they could block out sunlight for several hours. Upon landing, they gobbled up entire fields of crops, local vegetation, and even the clothes off people's backs. I would hate for this to happen. And yes, I call it a natural disaster.

~Tsunami~
I love the water. Water is great and fun and essential. But a wall of water rising up higher than a skyscraper coming to kill you? No thank you. No thank you at all. I'd probably run away like a crazy person the second I see/saw one. So no thank you for tsunamis. I hate them.

~Thunderstorm~
All right...I'm not scared of fire or cyclones or tornadoes. But the average daily thunderstorm scares me half to death. Why? Not because of the lightning, but the loud noise. Yes, I'm a weird person with irrational fears, and I'm terrified of thunderstorms.

~Wildfire~
I love fire (yes, I'm crazy) and wildfires scare and entrance me both. I would be the one person who stares at the flames, hypnotized until the flames consume them. I find them beautifully dangerous and they are one of my favorite and most feared natural disasters.

~Cyclone~
Same as wildfire...so beautiful, yet entrancingly dangerous. The difference for this one is that I'd probably run away screaming, then watch it from a faraway mountain or something like that. I love how it spirals, and then I realize the spiral will be what kills me. I'm absolutely terrified of them-what a horrible way to die (being swept up in a spiral of wind? No thank you.)-but they're maddeningly beautiful.

Edited By Stryker666 on 4/24/2020 at 3:33 PM.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 11:53 AM Post #2066
lel

If locust storms count as a natural diaster, does COVID-19 count too?

Your wildfire design has no picture, and fire is usually orange and yellow with some white.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 11:54 AM Post #2067
Aieee I forgot about the picture. And yes COVID-19 is officially a national pandemic/disaster. Locust storms...eeeeeek
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 11:55 AM Post #2068
((inb4 someone makes a coronavirus design))

((sorry if i'm clogging the chat))
Auria
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 63
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 11:56 AM Post #2069
Chosen Natural Disaster: Wildfires

When I was a child I lived up north in Washington. Often times my family would go on drives on the highway and look over the mountain at the valley below. In that valley, at least once every summer, there was a huge wildfire that swept through the dry flammable trees and brush and brought only destruction in it's wake. My mom's family had a friend that lived on the side of that mountain, so I imagine that wildfires where always terrifying for her. Additionally, being burnt alive is possibly one of the worst ways to die. Imagine being outside and playing with friends or having a barbecue with family and friends when suddenly it's brighter and hotter than it was before. Red, orange, and blue fire all around. The heat is unbearable. And you can't necessary run because it's everywhere. You feel your skin hurting like a sunburn, but so much worse. Parents try to protect their children, but can't. Slowly and painfully, everything you knew and loved is ash.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 4/20/2020 at 12:00 PM Post #2070
Tsunami

I'm honestly terrified on them because who wouldn't be scared of a WALL of water coming at you.But when that wall is taller than buildings and who knows what else could be in the water it just...makes me not like it more.Another thing is where I live,could be wiped out if a big enough one passed over us.

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 206, 207, 208... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.028 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.