Username:
Password:
Activate Account Forgot Password?
Advanced Search
Active Players on Sylestia
Category Total Yesterday
Players 3,249 545
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 7,334,602 913
Generated 565,318 17
Captured 1,089,987 57
Bred 5,679,274 839
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Creature Kin
Page 241 1, 2, 3... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/16/2022 at 11:47 AM Post #2401
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=227#2265
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 10/8/2021 at 2:45 PM
(I haven't really bothered with a water requirement thus far. Would you like one for your game?)

Morning
--
Such principles count doubly in the southern territories, where the territory and its people are vastly harsher than those you may find elsewhere.

Those around you appear to be occupied with other things, and don't pay you much heed - none show themselves to be as 'opportunistic' as you feared. Stealth successful.

You wander around the marketplace, making your way through the bustling mobs, and locate a couple of stalls with items you are looking for. A stall selling waterskins of varying sizes and a few with desiccated foodstuffs and other such consumables for travelling. The latter are surrounded by the pleasant smells of finely spiced, hot food, which attract many customers over for something to eat.

There don't appear to be any stalls with heat-resistant gear in this marketplace. You may have to go looking for a more established store for such items elsewhere.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=228#2275
Author: Aphelion
Time Posted: 10/14/2021 at 12:29 PM
[quote=2578696]

((Nop. No need for extra checks. We all good. Hehe so I don't have to manage more resources and you don't have extra work.))

The situation is not ideal, Vox concludes after spending a good chunk of time pushing through the crowd and trying to be conscientious of his size and not knock anything or anyone over, especially the smaller goblins. At least he hasn't been set upon by any pickpockets - almost out of breath among the squished bodies and loud, raucous noise, he doubts he'd have any energy to try to face down any thievery issues.

Spotting the stall for travelling consumables, he sets course for it, swimming through the sea of people. Idly he shoves a hand within one of his pockets, the one with money in it. The coins are heavy and cool, a comforting presence anchoring him to himself. He tries to gauge how much the items would cost and identify the right amount by running his fingers over the money and figuring out their value by feeling the impressions on them; that way, he can pay when he arrives and spend less time fishing for the right amount.

((Does he have money on him? If not then lol ignore the above))

While he walks, he keeps an eye out for other facilities in the area. His tribe hadn't kept a library, but this was a larger city, so perhaps there would be one. Preferably one big and great and full of ancient tomes frothing with knowledge so detailed they were practically snapshots of parts of the world Vox hasn't seen before.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=228#2280
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 10/27/2021 at 1:10 PM
(Sounds like a mutually beneficial agreement to me!
Nope, no shinies yet. You start out completing favours to get gold/items which help to get your character earning proficiency points early on)

Boulder is an overpopulated city, so its people are used to navigating the crowds. Other people tend to dodge you more than you can hope to dodge them.

The traveller's food stall has a couple of people currently buying food. A well-spoken orc with sturdy travelling garments barters for a pack of jerky, while a gangly goblin furtively eyes some of the smaller items towards the edge of the table.

Overall there are food items which individually offer 1, 2 and 4 days' worth of supplies. What exactly are you looking for?

The southern territory's capital isn't known for its academic pursuits. Not many of the locals are interested in reading and libraries tend to be pretty flammable what with the location. If there are any libraries, they aren't likely to be out in the open for public use. You might find small bookshops though in the more affluent areas of the city.


Setting: Morning

(Right, here you go. If you need to go back a couple more posts or have any questions let me know)
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 32,102
Posted: 7/16/2022 at 12:24 PM Post #2402
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=240#2399
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/16/2022 at 9:01 AM
Evening
--
Visibility is next to nothing and you can't see any enemies when a deep and unfamiliar voice begins to speak.

"Where are you, little elf?" the voice echoes from the cavern walls, making it hard to determine the direction of the source.

On the loose stone it's hard to be careful and the footing is treacherous, but with only a few slip-ups and clattering of disturbed rocks you reach the first figure. Stealth partially successful. It's a dwarf. At first it looks like it could be Aegis, and you're about to relay your instructions when you realise he's a stranger, one of the prisoners. He's injured and is still manacled, but you don't have any tools sufficient to sever his chains.

Crimson nods with determination, bounding off to find Aegis.

"You fool!" he hisses, face contorted in pain. But his eyes are jarringly lucid. "Forget me! The chieftain is blessed with earth magic, he'll kill you. Get out of here while you still can."

Your wind magic still gusts in the chasm. It is beginning to clear the haze, dispersing enough of the lingering dust to reveal another figure.

"Ah! There you are," the orc bellows melodramatically. You feel the earth beneath your feet begin to hum.


"Not a chance," Asteria quickly moves and tries to help pull the manacles away from the rocks, "I won't leave someone behind."

Sensing the wind magic Asteria smiles slightly, "Protect Crimson, my team, the prisoners, and me. Conceal us from the orc."
She hopes that her wind magic is strong enough to protect all of them. That way they don't have to fight only escape.

(Sorry this is short I have no creativity at the moment.)
Edited By Starpup5 on 7/16/2022 at 12:26 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,723
Posted: 7/16/2022 at 4:47 PM Post #2403
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=240#2396
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/14/2022 at 9:44 AM
(Heheh)

Morning
--
He chuckles. "Let's just be cautiously optimistic and leave it at that. I want to put Bob firmly behind me, and desperately hope we won't have to deal with that rambunctious dock foreman again."

The bed is cosy and it doesn't take you that long at all to fall asleep. When you awake in the morning, you feel well rested. It's probably the most comfortable bed you've had in a while.

Skywhisper is already up, and it takes you a moment to figure out that he's moving across the room tapping at the floorboards. His ears twitch as he holds his head close to the floor where he taps, deep in concentration.

Then he notices you're awake. He squawks, jumping to his paws. "What? It's a perfectly reasonable thing to do, all things considered. It is! Isn't it?"


I suppress a laugh at Skywhisper's antics and apparent embarrassment as I roll out of bed and stretch lazily. "Yes, yes, perfectly reasonable. Did you manage to find anything? Any of Rythia's past victims, perhaps?"

I go to riffle through my pack to retrieve some food for the two of us. "Hm, what should we bring with us? I figure it'd be a bit of a pain to lug around everything, we can probably leave some of the tools and food behind in the room. Speaking of which--" I hold up some of the Griffin feed, as well as a bun for myself, "--it'd probably be best that we eat now so we won't be hungry later."

(Man, I just realized that this RPG is over 3 years old)
Edited By Larkian on 7/16/2022 at 4:58 PM.
Orcastration
Level 71
Fishy
Joined: 11/1/2018
Threads: 307
Posts: 33,203
Posted: 7/16/2022 at 11:54 PM Post #2404
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=240#2398
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/15/2022 at 2:44 PM
Morning
--
Newt sighs behind you. "Have good luck brother, if you can allow such a thing for once. For all our sakes."

Thankfully the eastern territories are not so barbaric, and that such a thing is only a figure of speech. But if southern wartribes are able to slip into Elvenor, who knows what terrible things could happen?

Felicia escorts you upstairs to a small meeting room which appears to be intended for meetings. A map is tacked to the washed-out green coloured wall and a desk stands in the middle of the room. The only other person there turns at the sound of the door opening.

"...Nicote?" Balthur inquires, confusedly. He looks you up and down without recognition.


"Hey, Balthur. Yes it's me." Nicote grimaces as he steps into the room. "Yeah, so would now be a good time to mention my twin brother and him being actually somewhat important in the political world? I feel like it might." He chuckles nervously and glances back at Felicia before looking back at the centaur. "So yeah, uh, that happened. So, how're you, Knight, and Spork doing? Got to your sister's alright? Knight didn't go chasing after fishing at midnight again, I hope?"
Edited By Orcastration on 7/16/2022 at 11:54 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/17/2022 at 11:37 AM Post #2405
Evening
(It's fine, no worries. This is technically your first 1-on-1 fight, right?)
--
"Then we'll both die," he winces as you pull his bound wrists free from the rubble. He's still submerged from the waist down where chunks of rubble have him trapped. "You can't outrun nor fight the chieftain with me as dead weight, I can assure you that."

Your mastery of wind magic isn't very strong, and your grasp on the air currents in the chasm is clumsy. You're going to need a more focused command to drive the wind to do something which will protect you.

Without the articulation of more advanced mages you may just have to brute force some kind of gale and hope you can endure it better than the orc. With the loose gravel across the ground, maybe a gale would pick up rock shards and send them flying through the air?

You can't help but cough. The chasm is still choked with free-floating motes of dust. Perhaps there's something you can do to lower visibility with them again?
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 32,102
Posted: 7/17/2022 at 3:01 PM Post #2406
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=241#2405
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/17/2022 at 11:37 AM
Evening
(It's fine, no worries. This is technically your first 1-on-1 fight, right?)
--
"Then we'll both die," he winces as you pull his bound wrists free from the rubble. He's still submerged from the waist down where chunks of rubble have him trapped. "You can't outrun nor fight the chieftain with me as dead weight, I can assure you that."

Your mastery of wind magic isn't very strong, and your grasp on the air currents in the chasm is clumsy. You're going to need a more focused command to drive the wind to do something which will protect you.

Without the articulation of more advanced mages you may just have to brute force some kind of gale and hope you can endure it better than the orc. With the loose gravel across the ground, maybe a gale would pick up rock shards and send them flying through the air?

You can't help but cough. The chasm is still choked with free-floating motes of dust. Perhaps there's something you can do to lower visibility with them again?


(Yes)

Shaking her head Asteria focuses her magic on the dust, "Pick up the dust and blind the orc." Turning her attention back to the dwarf she frowns, "You've never met an Elvan Ranger, have you? We don't leave people behind." She digs as best as she can to free the dwarf and ensure that the dwarf can get away.

Asteria's determination not to allow anyone else to die on her watch is what keeps her going even though the direst of situations. She refuses to let what happened to her unit, her sister and the rest of her family happen to anyone else.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/18/2022 at 10:00 AM Post #2407
(You could knock off a year or two what with me going inactive all over the place, but yeah, pretty nice. Is that old? Tbh I can't even remember where I was 3 years ago so I'll go ahead and figure yes xD
And good gracious I forgot you were supposed to be hungry, thanks for reminding me lol)

Morning
--
He slinks back over sullenly. "...no. It's actually a well put together building. The secret cache probably had the only loose floorboard here." His ears flick. "I wonder if she'll come in to fix it now that you mentioned it to her."

He sits, coiling his tail neatly around his paws. "Good idea. We wouldn't want to lose anything either. So what do you want to bring, and we can leave the rest?"

He gratefully accepts the griffin feed, polishing it off as you eat your bun. The dough is crumbly and sweet-tasting, the chunks of fruit adding a nice tang. You are no longer hungry. 1 Fruit Bun and 1 Griffin Feed have been removed from your inventory.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,723
Posted: 7/18/2022 at 11:37 PM Post #2408
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=241#2407
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/18/2022 at 10:00 AM
(You could knock off a year or two what with me going inactive all over the place, but yeah, pretty nice. Is that old? Tbh I can't even remember where I was 3 years ago so I'll go ahead and figure yes xD
And good gracious I forgot you were supposed to be hungry, thanks for reminding me lol)

Morning
--
He slinks back over sullenly. "...no. It's actually a well put together building. The secret cache probably had the only loose floorboard here." His ears flick. "I wonder if she'll come in to fix it now that you mentioned it to her."

He sits, coiling his tail neatly around his paws. "Good idea. We wouldn't want to lose anything either. So what do you want to bring, and we can leave the rest?"

He gratefully accepts the griffin feed, polishing it off as you eat your bun. The dough is crumbly and sweet-tasting, the chunks of fruit adding a nice tang. You are no longer hungry. 1 Fruit Bun and 1 Griffin Feed have been removed from your inventory.


(Lol yeah, I'd say anything more than a year is old. And, sadly, at this point it seems you're quite nearly the sole thing keeping this forum alive :(
Haha I was like "wait we haven't eaten since before last night, hm should I bring this up or not")

I shrug. "She probably will, though she might wait until after our stay is over. In any case, if she's hiding anything beneath the floorboards, the entrance sure won't be here. If it were, she'd most likely have already found the cache before us."

I wolf the bun down, only just remembering that we had been so caught up in the late-hour planning that we'd never even eaten dinner last night. "Hm," I mumble through a mouthful of fruit and bread as I resume rummaging through my packs. "Just the dagger and the hatchet, perhaps? And the key, of course," I add, pocketing said item. "Considering where we'll be going, any of the other weapons or tools will probably draw more attention than we'd want or make us seem like we're looking for a fight, and I figure you being around is more than enough to not make us look like an easy target. Do you figure we'll need to bring any food?"

(Do you happen to remember where I got these buns from, because I sure don't xD)
Edited By Larkian on 7/18/2022 at 11:42 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/21/2022 at 1:51 PM Post #2409
Morning
--
Balthur blinks. "Ah. Looking a little different, Nicote, did you get a haircut?" he jokes, giving an uncertain laugh.

"Yes, it might be a good time. Especially considering, what with me being a regular visitor to Elvenor, I've seen someone who you look an awful lot like there. Which I suppose you would, being a twin." Balthur says. "So, would I be correct in guessing this 'important twin brother' would be the captain of the Elvenor Guard which everyone seems to be looking for at the moment?"

He shoots a disgruntled glance at Felicia. "It would have been nice to have been told that. So what is this? Because to me it looks an awful lot like you're trying to pass Nicote off as a criminal."

Felicia growls. "This is why I didn't want to bring you to see him. Because you'd jump to all sorts of fanciful conclusions - which you're doing, by the way."

Balthur snorts, then turns back to you. "We're fine. Yes, we found Malindi alright. Spork managed to knock a table over the second he got in so I've been trying to protect him from my sister's almighty wrath," he chuckles. "But no fishing. Malindi is keeping Knight busy - he's missing you already."

"We still owe you, Nicote. You look calm with this, so I assume you have hatched a plan. But if you're standing there needing help, you can let me know right now. Okay?"

[You are hungry]
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/21/2022 at 2:26 PM Post #2410
Evening
(Alrighty. I'd probably say this would be the first sorta boss-like battle for the RPG? At least, it's the first time I put in an enemy with magic. So I hope this isn't too OP!)
--
Focused, you can sense the air shifting to your demand. A gust of wind shoots across the cavern floor past you, and the loose grit is picked up with it. The projectiles tumble through the air towards the orc. He howls and recoils, shielding his eyes from the blast, blinded.

You haul rocks out of the way and scoop away loose earth, grazing your hands and face on the last of the flying grit from the residual remnants of your magical attack. But the dwarf's legs have been freed... only to reveal his legs have been wounded. It doesn't look like he'll be able to walk on his own.

Determination may be the only thing to get you out of this - you hear a clamour rising from down the chasm, behind where the landslide has partially blocked the pass. Orc battle cries echo against the walls - they're coming.

The chieftain curses. "I'll squash you like a bug, elf," he roars. He raises his arms again in the vague direction of the chasm-side. "Loosen the earth, tumble the rocks! Bring this cavern down upon the heads of my enemies!"

The earth begins to rumble; rocks start clattering down from above.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244
This Page loaded in 0.069 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2022 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.