Username:
Password:
Activate Account Forgot Password?
Advanced Search
Active Players on Sylestia
Category Total Yesterday
Players 3,249 545
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 7,334,602 913
Generated 565,318 17
Captured 1,089,987 57
Bred 5,679,274 839
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Creature Kin
Page 240 1, 2, 3... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Orcastration
Level 71
Fishy
Joined: 11/1/2018
Threads: 307
Posts: 33,203
Posted: 7/6/2022 at 1:53 PM Post #2391
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=239#2390
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/5/2022 at 9:02 AM
Morning
--
"I can only imagine the sorts of simple barbarians you have been mixing with on your travels," Newt says dryly. "I will have to hope that encounters like that have equipped you well enough to pull this off. Failure won't just get your head on a pole, it will be me too. And our whole family." He shudders. "Not to mention whatever foul things are going on behind the scenes. I don't know what the southern clans are plotting, but if they can touch the council, then no-one is safe."

"Well... night, I suppose," Newt mumbles.

It's easy to fall asleep. When you are woken, you feel rejuvinated, the uncomfortable surface only giving you a few negligable aches and pains. Health restored to full.

The cell door clanks open loudly and Felicia's shadow is outlined in the jarring light. She sounds frustrated. "Right. I'm early, because somebody's friends decided they were going to cause a ruckus if they didn't get to see their good old buddy again. As if all my assurances that you were fine were worth dirt."

She points at you. "Nicote, I need you to stamp out this complication here and now, because we can't afford some half-baked 'rescue' attempt when we're on the road. I have a centaur waiting upstairs. Can you talk to him?"


"Yeah, on it." NIcote yawns. "Right, this will be fun." He gets up to head upstairs. Hopefully it won't take too long and he can convince his friends he's not getting kidnapped again.
At least he got a good enough sleep. Though the idea of his head hanigng on a pole....yeah not very appealing. He can just imagine it now: his and Newt's heads hanging next to each other with a sign reading something along hte lines of "two epic failures, come and spit at them and their failings" or something.
Edited By Orcastration on 7/6/2022 at 1:59 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/6/2022 at 4:40 PM Post #2392
Midday
--
"No worries pal!" she slaps you on the back enthusiastically, knocking you a few paces. The work certainly hasn't fazed her. You part ways.

It's your first bag of gold, and so looks a lot more glittery than it probably is. Still, you should see a lot more of it at the Adventurer's Crossroads.

You'll probably be more likely to find a caravan near the outskirts of the city where the carts can all be kept with somewhere for the wayfarers to stay nearby, an inn for instance. A travelling party would likely be found in an inn or tavern. Not many residents of the southern territories travel, though there are a few traders and other wayfarers who come to Boulder to exchange goods. Though they certainly don't tend to venture too far into the city than they have to.

Tired, you take a while longer to walk to the edge of the city. Boulder doesn't have a city wall, it has a moat. Of molten lava. Nobody's really sure why this isn't a problem, but it looks pretty impressive, so they roll with it. But that's not what you're here for - by the main city bridge, you see a large travellers' inn with a square beside it filled with drawn-up wagons. You don't know the neighbourhood, so there could be more inns if you wanted to go looking for them.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/8/2022 at 6:18 AM Post #2393
Evening
--
Crimson yips, a little traumatised. Her fur covered in dust and dirt, but you don't find any blood. She is otherwise alright.

When the avalanche started, your bow had been an afterthought. But somehow, you instinctually managed to keep a hold of it. Your other equipment was not lost in the fall either, though of course your thick jacket is torn where you were cut. But you can still fight, and that's enough.

You hear a grunt, then coughing, from the rubble to your right. Battered figures struggle from the landslide, three in all, but you can't identify them in the haze. They could be Aegis and two others, or the three prisoners only.

Meanwhile, you hear deep, ominous laughter. You can't see the source.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 32,102
Posted: 7/8/2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2394
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=240#2393
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/8/2022 at 6:18 AM
Evening
--
Crimson yips, a little traumatised. Her fur covered in dust and dirt, but you don't find any blood. She is otherwise alright.

When the avalanche started, your bow had been an afterthought. But somehow, you instinctually managed to keep a hold of it. Your other equipment was not lost in the fall either, though of course your thick jacket is torn where you were cut. But you can still fight, and that's enough.

You hear a grunt, then coughing, from the rubble to your right. Battered figures struggle from the landslide, three in all, but you can't identify them in the haze. They could be Aegis and two others, or the three prisoners only.

Meanwhile, you hear deep, ominous laughter. You can't see the source.


She pets Crimson reassuringly for a few seconds before checking her surroundings. Asteria looks at the figures and carefully walks towards them. She was worried about who they might be but tried not to show it. The ominous laughter makes Asteria's eyes narrow as she checks the area again.

If the prisoners are with Aegis, she would leave Aegis in charge permitted, he is conscious and able to lead them to safety. If they are alone Asteria will point the direction of safety while going to try and free the other prisoners. If possible and being that Crimson was nearly harmed Asteria will take a shot at the orc.

Turning back to Crimson she asks, "Are you alright? If so, do you think you can track down Aegis?"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/14/2022 at 9:28 AM Post #2395


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Clearsky

It's the season of Clearsky! Travelling will be easier, as the days are warm. The weather is mainly clear and dry, with occasional showers. At night it will get cold, so don't always assume you'll be fine without shelter or warmth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/14/2022 at 9:44 AM Post #2396
(Heheh)

Morning
--
He chuckles. "Let's just be cautiously optimistic and leave it at that. I want to put Bob firmly behind me, and desperately hope we won't have to deal with that rambunctious dock foreman again."

The bed is cosy and it doesn't take you that long at all to fall asleep. When you awake in the morning, you feel well rested. It's probably the most comfortable bed you've had in a while.

Skywhisper is already up, and it takes you a moment to figure out that he's moving across the room tapping at the floorboards. His ears twitch as he holds his head close to the floor where he taps, deep in concentration.

Then he notices you're awake. He squawks, jumping to his paws. "What? It's a perfectly reasonable thing to do, all things considered. It is! Isn't it?"
Whiterosealliance
Level 70
Frosty Hands
Joined: 7/14/2018
Threads: 11
Posts: 1,826
Posted: 7/14/2022 at 8:24 PM Post #2397
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=237#2365
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 4/15/2022 at 6:04 AM
Afternoon
--
There are a couple of stalls selling travelling equipment such as tents here. Though they may not be in exactly the same location by tomorrow, more likely than not you'll still find the stall-owners in this same market square.

Brazentalons has gone quiet. On the other hand, it is incredibly clear something has indeed caught his eye. Across at the edge of the market square in a gloomy gutter, you can see something staring back at you. A pair of glimmering eyes sit behind the quivering nose of a large rat.

Brazentalons' stomach rumbles.


"If you want to go after that rat, I won't stop you," I say. Hopefully the gutter wouldn't somehow break in the process or something. "We could also go around the stalls and look for food."

(Hoping I don't disappear for months again)
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/15/2022 at 2:44 PM Post #2398
Morning
--
Newt sighs behind you. "Have good luck brother, if you can allow such a thing for once. For all our sakes."

Thankfully the eastern territories are not so barbaric, and that such a thing is only a figure of speech. But if southern wartribes are able to slip into Elvenor, who knows what terrible things could happen?

Felicia escorts you upstairs to a small meeting room which appears to be intended for meetings. A map is tacked to the washed-out green coloured wall and a desk stands in the middle of the room. The only other person there turns at the sound of the door opening.

"...Nicote?" Balthur inquires, confusedly. He looks you up and down without recognition.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/16/2022 at 9:01 AM Post #2399
Evening
--
Visibility is next to nothing and you can't see any enemies when a deep and unfamiliar voice begins to speak.

"Where are you, little elf?" the voice echoes from the cavern walls, making it hard to determine the direction of the source.

On the loose stone it's hard to be careful and the footing is treacherous, but with only a few slip-ups and clattering of disturbed rocks you reach the first figure. Stealth partially successful. It's a dwarf. At first it looks like it could be Aegis, and you're about to relay your instructions when you realise he's a stranger, one of the prisoners. He's injured and is still manacled, but you don't have any tools sufficient to sever his chains.

Crimson nods with determination, bounding off to find Aegis.

"You fool!" he hisses, face contorted in pain. But his eyes are jarringly lucid. "Forget me! The chieftain is blessed with earth magic, he'll kill you. Get out of here while you still can."

Your wind magic still gusts in the chasm. It is beginning to clear the haze, dispersing enough of the lingering dust to reveal another figure.

"Ah! There you are," the orc bellows melodramatically. You feel the earth beneath your feet begin to hum.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/16/2022 at 9:50 AM Post #2400
Afternoon
(If you have to, no worries. The most I would ask is if you could let me know about an upcoming absence, but only if you're able to :) )
--
Brazentalons grins, unable to contain himself any longer. The thrill of a chase obviously appeals to him more than bartering for something to eat. With a yowling squawk he charges after the rat, which squeaks loudly and scampers in retreat down an alleyway, your familiar hot on its heels.

You cast a quick glance around the market square. There are plenty of foodstalls with delicacies from all corners of Anaia, the scent of baking bread, cooking meat and stewing broths filling the air in an array of delicious smells. Keep in mind you already have a substantial amount of food in your inventory.

Brazentalons hasn't emerged yet.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244
This Page loaded in 0.072 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2022 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.