Username:
Password:
Activate Account Forgot Password?
Advanced Search
Active Players on Sylestia
Category Total Yesterday
Players 3,382 509
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 7,159,512 2,011
Generated 547,864 284
Captured 1,070,608 187
Bred 5,541,028 1,540
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Creature Kin
Page 239 1, 2, 3... 237, 238, 239 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,869
Posted: 6/17/2022 at 1:30 PM Post #2381
(True, but it'll still have a decent chance of blocking an arrow, and can be discarded after saving the user from one shot)

Evening
--
The arrow is lit, and you loose your shot. Through a combination of determination, guidance from your wind magic, and the fact the goblins have their shields directed at your last known position and not where you are now, you strike true. The goblin in the lead takes a fiery arrow and goes down with a cry while his companions run on.

Meanwhile Aegis has allowed no hesitation and has freed six of the thralls. The other six clamour to have their chains broken, meanwhile a couple have picked up nearby sticks and look ready to fend off the goblins, manacled as they are.

Then, the presumed orc chieftain steps out from the mine entrance. He's looking straight at you, revealed by the momentary flash of hellhound fire. You have a moment to note he has no weapons, and the threat only begins to blare when its too late.

The orc raises his hand, fingers outstretched, and you hear a grumbling crack as the ground shifts beneath your feet. The beginning of a landslide.
Edited By Falconetti on 6/17/2022 at 1:30 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 31,643
Posted: 6/17/2022 at 1:52 PM Post #2382
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=239#2381
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/17/2022 at 1:30 PM
(True, but it'll still have a decent chance of blocking an arrow, and can be discarded after saving the user from one shot)

Evening
--
The arrow is lit, and you loose your shot. Through a combination of determination, guidance from your wind magic, and the fact the goblins have their shields directed at your last known position and not where you are now, you strike true. The goblin in the lead takes a fiery arrow and goes down with a cry while his companions run on.

Meanwhile Aegis has allowed no hesitation and has freed six of the thralls. The other six clamour to have their chains broken, meanwhile a couple have picked up nearby sticks and look ready to fend off the goblins, manacled as they are.

Then, the presumed orc chieftain steps out from the mine entrance. He's looking straight at you, revealed by the momentary flash of hellhound fire. You have a moment to note he has no weapons, and the threat only begins to blare when its too late.

The orc raises his hand, fingers outstretched, and you hear a grumbling crack as the ground shifts beneath your feet. The beginning of a landslide.


Asteria quickly grabs Crimson and moves from the location. She knows she can't outrun the entire landslide but if she can just get to the side of it then they have a chance. Clenching her teeth Asteria calls on her wind magic to distract the orc. She hopes it's enough to give Aegis and the rest of the prisoners time to escape.

Keeping a tight grip on Crimson Asteria tries to ensure her familiar's safety as well. Crimson had been with her since the beginning of this journey, and she was not about to lose her. Lose her like she had so many others. This strengthens Asteria's resolve as she keeps going and uses precious seconds to her advantage to keep them safe.
Orcastration
Level 70
Fishy
Joined: 11/1/2018
Threads: 307
Posts: 33,186
Posted: 6/17/2022 at 4:33 PM Post #2383
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=238#2378
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/17/2022 at 12:09 PM
Evening
--
Felicia snorts, amused. "Alright, don't push it. This is necessary, that's all. I'll seek them out, but it might help if you have anything more convincing I can tell them so that there aren't any misunderstandings."

Newt scoffs. "Brother, I can't just teach you the entirety of Elven classical literature overnight." He sighs. "You know, I didn't exactly picture this in any vague notion of the rare event in which you might ask me about what I do. A dingy cell, fugitives to our own people... but I suppose that's all irrelevant now."

He clasps his hands together. "Okay. Yes. I am known to quote poignant lines from Elven works. But, sadly enough, it became apparent to me that very few of those in my audience actually understood them. You could probably make up any old nonsense and they would believe it was from some ancient nondescript novel or somesuch. Just be sure to make up an author and a title for what it's from and no-one will bat an eyelid.

"What the catch will be is your ability to recognise people I should already know. That courtroom will be full of elves waiting to pounce should you show any sign of weakness." His hands tremble slightly and he gives a weak grimace. "Which I... well, though I detest your methods, I appreciate the fact I am unsuited to the role of standing up for myself in front of a crowd of bloodthirsty councilmen."



Nicote doesnt have anything he could really say to congince his party so he'll jsut have to hope and pray on that one- he'll jsut havr to hope they catfh on to his newest ruse. He nofs at Felicia in thansk before turning back to Newt.

"Suppose its lucky then I spend my time essentially LARPing. Making up randomness on the spot- that won't be a problem. If i can scare the heck out of a tribe and convicne them im some vengeful warrior while half asleep i can probably mimic most of your ramblings, long as you havent picked up any nrw speech patterns lately. The people ill have to recognize though....Well, you'd better start listing them off and we'll hope i got your memory when it comes to politics. I might be able to rub a litle dirt in my eye and say i cant recognize some people on sight but I'll definitely need to knoe the key players in the elven political world." Nicote plans out.

If the people hes going to face havent seen his brother in a while, he could easily say he gaine dsome kind of temporary eye inpairment. He cant fake knowing people and their histories with Newt though, sadly.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,869
Posted: 6/18/2022 at 7:05 AM Post #2384
Evening
--
For a few moments, it seems like you might actually make it as you run across the collapsing gravel and broken stone. Then the landslide picks up and you lose your footing, tumbling down with the soil.

Pelted by stones and dirt, engulfed in the landslide, you are left blindly holding onto Crimson as you are roughly pulled down the slope. A piece of debris tears at your arm, threatening to steal Crimson from your grasp, but you refuse to let it.

You feel yourself come to a stop. Because you weren't caught in the centre of it, you aren't entirely buried underneath the displaced soil, just waist down, and only shallowly. You are bruised and battered, right arm cut and bleeding, however Crimson wriggles from your grasp relatively unharmed.

In the wake of the landslide, visibility is even lower than before. The camp is half submerged and the fire is out. Shadows cling to the chasm in the scant moonlight, the unnatural wind gusting eerily around your head.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,869
Posted: 6/18/2022 at 8:07 AM Post #2385
Night
--
Felicia strides from the cell, departing footsteps echoing.

Newt looks unimpressed, then disgruntled. "I don't ramble, I just discuss matters that are on a more sophisticated level than those around me."

"You'd better, because I have to know the Elven councilmen and higher nobles on sight. First, the council..."

It takes some time, but Newt goes over the basics. The council has 4 members - where Renalt used to be the fifth - councilmen Jilvas and Olivar and councilwomen Yervai and Mina. They are the heads of the five Elven fiefs which dominate the forests of the Eastern Territories. Each councilman is surrounded by a court of nobles which assist them in each of their fiefs.

You should be able to put names to most faces now, and hope that there aren't any others who will kick up a fuss if you don't remember them. On encountering elves Newt has told you about, you will recall information about them that you can use.

"Difficulty with your sight?" Newt looks dubious. "It might work. But you'll still hear them just fine, and I would be able to recognise voices if they talked to me. So just be careful of the circumstances if you use that one."
Orcastration
Level 70
Fishy
Joined: 11/1/2018
Threads: 307
Posts: 33,186
Posted: 6/19/2022 at 12:34 AM Post #2386
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=239#2385
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/18/2022 at 8:07 AM
Night
--
Felicia strides from the cell, departing footsteps echoing.

Newt looks unimpressed, then disgruntled. "I don't ramble, I just discuss matters that are on a more sophisticated level than those around me."

"You'd better, because I have to know the Elven councilmen and higher nobles on sight. First, the council..."

It takes some time, but Newt goes over the basics. The council has 4 members - where Renalt used to be the fifth - councilmen Jilvas and Olivar and councilwomen Yervai and Mina. They are the heads of the five Elven fiefs which dominate the forests of the Eastern Territories. Each councilman is surrounded by a court of nobles which assist them in each of their fiefs.

You should be able to put names to most faces now, and hope that there aren't any others who will kick up a fuss if you don't remember them. On encountering elves Newt has told you about, you will recall information about them that you can use.

"Difficulty with your sight?" Newt looks dubious. "It might work. But you'll still hear them just fine, and I would be able to recognise voices if they talked to me. So just be careful of the circumstances if you use that one."


"I'll use it sparingly, it's a backup plan at the least." NIcote shrugs. "Not like I had any the last few times someone wanted my head on a pole..." he muttered.

He adjusts himself on the floor. "Hopefully that's everything I'll need to know. With luck, I'll have a jolly time using my silver tounge and we can go back to our peaceful lives of making enemies by the bucketload." he half-jokes with a weary laugh. "On the bright side, I'm fairly sure you won't need to impersonate me at any point but in case you do, well. I've become a vengeful warrior spirit that sent a tribe off looking for some long-lost heirloom ring and they're quite indebted to me for it. Gave them quite the scare. Doubt they'll mistake you for me but that Ring of Tahite gave them quite the panick. Quite amusing really- I see why you like the power." Nicote chuckles at his own little practical joke, that was quite the memory.

"At any rate, if that's all, I'm going to crash. I do not want to deal with politics on no sleep after running a literal marathon." He says, yawning and stretching, before getting as comfortable as one can against the wall. It's no soft bed, but honestly anything feels like a nice comfy surface when you're ready to drop dead tired.
Scoutwolf
Level 54
Scout
Joined: 10/25/2018
Threads: 36
Posts: 9,279
Posted: 6/19/2022 at 10:59 AM Post #2387
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=238#2380
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/17/2022 at 1:13 PM
(No worries, I'm hardly a rolemodel for consistent responses eheheh... I'll work on it. Glad to see you're sticking around though)

Midday
--
You skip to the end of the job

You're hard pressed to get the decorations up as quickly as possible, up and down the ladder, having to reach a little further than was really safe. It's all a bit too hectic of a start to your morning for you to handle well, though your enthusiasm gets you through it. You are now exhausted. A good night's rest will remove this effect.

From doing a morning's honest work, you have gained +1 Stamina

When the orc returns from speaking to the owner of the house, heavy gold purse in hand, the effort is rewarded.

"Here you go, halfers as promised. This is one of my best jobs yet. Here's 20 gold coins straight in the hand."

Small Gold Pouch containing 20G added to inventory


(Thank you. This rpg is enjoyable.)
Pike releases his breath in one big sigh when the job is finished. A part of him thought this job was easier than being a merchant and having to deal with customers all day. The other part was tired from the work he had done and was ready for him to fall asleep on his feet. He gives the orc a big smile and accepts the money. "Thank you." He says cheerfully as he peeks into the pouch of gold. "Thank you, ma'am."

Pike keeps a tight grip on the sparkly money he's just earned and goes on his merry way. He's planning on going to Adventurers' Crossroads so he can find adventurers and adventures and explore the world. It might be safer to travel with a caravan or traveling party than alone. So, Pike heads to where he knows or believes he can join up with one.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 31,643
Posted: 6/22/2022 at 4:47 PM Post #2388
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=239#2384
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/18/2022 at 7:05 AM
Evening
--
For a few moments, it seems like you might actually make it as you run across the collapsing gravel and broken stone. Then the landslide picks up and you lose your footing, tumbling down with the soil.

Pelted by stones and dirt, engulfed in the landslide, you are left blindly holding onto Crimson as you are roughly pulled down the slope. A piece of debris tears at your arm, threatening to steal Crimson from your grasp, but you refuse to let it.

You feel yourself come to a stop. Because you weren't caught in the centre of it, you aren't entirely buried underneath the displaced soil, just waist down, and only shallowly. You are bruised and battered, right arm cut and bleeding, however Crimson wriggles from your grasp relatively unharmed.

In the wake of the landslide, visibility is even lower than before. The camp is half submerged and the fire is out. Shadows cling to the chasm in the scant moonlight, the unnatural wind gusting eerily around your head.


Asteria looks at Crimson checking her over for injuries. Asteria knew she could ignore her own injuries for now. She knew this would be a difficult fight to win against the orc and only hopes that her magic was enough to protect Aegis and the prisoners. Digging herself out Asteria stands up ignoring her throbbing arm. Carefully and quickly, she checks her equipment to see if the bow is still usable and if the arrows are still safe to shoot.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 99
Posts: 16,646
Posted: 7/3/2022 at 7:44 PM Post #2389
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=238#2379
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/17/2022 at 12:37 PM
(oof, don't worry though. My powers of leaving updating to your new username to another day trump your ability to change it frequently xD)

Evening
--
"She is incredibly shifty. Something is bound to come up. Where there's smoke, there's fire, right?"

Skywhisper mulls it over, tapping a claw against his beak. Eventually: "Okay. The plan is sound. So tomorrow we begin our subtle investigation, keep to the sidelines, and go for a strategy of looking and listening while avoiding making waves. The egg comes first after all." He taps the box thoughtfully. "Although at the end of the day, I would hate to leave this without finding out what's inside and whether its owner needs help."

He yawns. "Tell you what, that barrow business has me exhausted. Any more matters of business to discuss?"

(cue the 5 day montage lmao plz dont sue me)


I nod. "Sounds good. Hopefully, if all goes well, we'll be able to solve both without too much fuss. But then, you know, 'fuss' is probably relative when it comes to us." I break off into a yawn after Skywhisper. "You're right, it's been a long day. I think that should be all, unless, of course, you have any more weird stories about Bob you'd like to share? If not, then good night, we'll probably need all the rest we can get to ensure tomorrow goes as smoothly as possible."

(What I want to know is why this only has 200 views)
Edited By Larkian on 7/3/2022 at 7:48 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,869
Posted: 7/5/2022 at 9:02 AM Post #2390
Morning
--
"I can only imagine the sorts of simple barbarians you have been mixing with on your travels," Newt says dryly. "I will have to hope that encounters like that have equipped you well enough to pull this off. Failure won't just get your head on a pole, it will be me too. And our whole family." He shudders. "Not to mention whatever foul things are going on behind the scenes. I don't know what the southern clans are plotting, but if they can touch the council, then no-one is safe."

"Well... night, I suppose," Newt mumbles.

It's easy to fall asleep. When you are woken, you feel rejuvinated, the uncomfortable surface only giving you a few negligable aches and pains. Health restored to full.

The cell door clanks open loudly and Felicia's shadow is outlined in the jarring light. She sounds frustrated. "Right. I'm early, because somebody's friends decided they were going to cause a ruckus if they didn't get to see their good old buddy again. As if all my assurances that you were fine were worth dirt."

She points at you. "Nicote, I need you to stamp out this complication here and now, because we can't afford some half-baked 'rescue' attempt when we're on the road. I have a centaur waiting upstairs. Can you talk to him?"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 237, 238, 239
This Page loaded in 0.069 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2022 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.