Username:
Password:
Activate Account Forgot Password?
Advanced Search
Active Players on Sylestia
Category Total Yesterday
Players 3,249 545
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 7,334,602 913
Generated 565,318 17
Captured 1,089,987 57
Bred 5,679,274 839
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Creature Kin
Page 242 1, 2, 3... 241, 242, 243, 244 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/21/2022 at 3:37 PM Post #2411
(Oof... I hadn't realised. Well, let's see if we can make it until Creature Kin becomes 5 years old! Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow, but I'll give it my best shot.
I didn't, but I had a lil look and you were given them as a gift from the dwarf caravan for saving Bramdur.
On that note though, I did find something I'd forgotten about. When you adopted the 3 griffin eggs you were told you had to come back to Elvenor after a week or so to report the results or face punishment. You want me to add that to your quests bit or forget about it?
Please do remind me about stuff like this if I forget... or don't, if it's convenient - I'll probably never know lmao)

Morning
--
Skywhispers eyes widen. "Ah, good point. That just leaves every other floorboard in this inn. Hmm..."

"We're trying to avoid being away for very long, so if we're going to need to bring food we may have bigger problems, but if you want to bring some then go for it," Skywhisper suggests.

You only need to eat once (1 unit of food) a day.

You have dropped your Small Travel Pack, Quiver. You have moved Dagger, Small Hatchet to your Tiny Travel Pack. Room Key remains in carried inventory.
Lantern has been dropped due to lack of space in pack.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 32,102
Posted: 7/22/2022 at 2:57 PM Post #2412
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=241#2410
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/21/2022 at 2:26 PM
Evening
(Alrighty. I'd probably say this would be the first sorta boss-like battle for the RPG? At least, it's the first time I put in an enemy with magic. So I hope this isn't too OP!)
--
Focused, you can sense the air shifting to your demand. A gust of wind shoots across the cavern floor past you, and the loose grit is picked up with it. The projectiles tumble through the air towards the orc. He howls and recoils, shielding his eyes from the blast, blinded.

You haul rocks out of the way and scoop away loose earth, grazing your hands and face on the last of the flying grit from the residual remnants of your magical attack. But the dwarf's legs have been freed... only to reveal his legs have been wounded. It doesn't look like he'll be able to walk on his own.

Determination may be the only thing to get you out of this - you hear a clamour rising from down the chasm, behind where the landslide has partially blocked the pass. Orc battle cries echo against the walls - they're coming.

The chieftain curses. "I'll squash you like a bug, elf," he roars. He raises his arms again in the vague direction of the chasm-side. "Loosen the earth, tumble the rocks! Bring this cavern down upon the heads of my enemies!"

The earth begins to rumble; rocks start clattering down from above.


(Bring it on.)

Gravity was something Asteria knew how to use to her advantage. Smiling slightly, she uses the wind to try to move the rocks falling down towards the orc chieftain. Using the distraction to her advantage Asteria carefully picks up the dwarf, and begins to carry him towards the pass.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,723
Posted: 7/22/2022 at 9:48 PM Post #2413
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=242#2411
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/21/2022 at 3:37 PM
(Oof... I hadn't realised. Well, let's see if we can make it until Creature Kin becomes 5 years old! Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow, but I'll give it my best shot.
I didn't, but I had a lil look and you were given them as a gift from the dwarf caravan for saving Bramdur.
On that note though, I did find something I'd forgotten about. When you adopted the 3 griffin eggs you were told you had to come back to Elvenor after a week or so to report the results or face punishment. You want me to add that to your quests bit or forget about it?
Please do remind me about stuff like this if I forget... or don't, if it's convenient - I'll probably never know lmao)

Morning
--
Skywhispers eyes widen. "Ah, good point. That just leaves every other floorboard in this inn. Hmm..."

"We're trying to avoid being away for very long, so if we're going to need to bring food we may have bigger problems, but if you want to bring some then go for it," Skywhisper suggests.

You only need to eat once (1 unit of food) a day.

You have dropped your Small Travel Pack, Quiver. You have moved Dagger, Small Hatchet to your Tiny Travel Pack. Room Key remains in carried inventory.
Lantern has been dropped due to lack of space in pack.


(I sure hope to still be around for the 5 year anniversary haha.
And yeah, you can add that to my quests. I'll do my best, but to be honest, I'm probably just as likely to forget as you are xD I didn't even remember that part about the eggs at all lol.)

"I don't even want to imagine the prospect of trying to tap on every single floorboard here. Rythia would probably kick us out long before we even covered half of it."

"Hmm, that does make sense," I nod, resolving to leave the food behind. I scan my items again anxiously, mentally analyzing each one to make sure I haven't overlooked anything. Eventually, I stand up, placing the hatchet, the dagger, and the box into the smaller pack, then slinging it over my shoulder and picking up the lantern to tuck it in with the egg. "Alright, that looks good. If all goes well, I hope we won't even have to use the dagger or the hatchet." I glance at Skywhisper again. "Anything you think I missed?"

(Man I sure wish I only needed to eat a singular bun a day irl)
Edited By Larkian on 7/23/2022 at 3:31 PM.
Orcastration
Level 71
Fishy
Joined: 11/1/2018
Threads: 307
Posts: 33,203
Posted: 7/23/2022 at 1:46 AM Post #2414
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=241#2409
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/21/2022 at 1:51 PM
Morning
--
Balthur blinks. "Ah. Looking a little different, Nicote, did you get a haircut?" he jokes, giving an uncertain laugh.

"Yes, it might be a good time. Especially considering, what with me being a regular visitor to Elvenor, I've seen someone who you look an awful lot like there. Which I suppose you would, being a twin." Balthur says. "So, would I be correct in guessing this 'important twin brother' would be the captain of the Elvenor Guard which everyone seems to be looking for at the moment?"

He shoots a disgruntled glance at Felicia. "It would have been nice to have been told that. So what is this? Because to me it looks an awful lot like you're trying to pass Nicote off as a criminal."

Felicia growls. "This is why I didn't want to bring you to see him. Because you'd jump to all sorts of fanciful conclusions - which you're doing, by the way."

Balthur snorts, then turns back to you. "We're fine. Yes, we found Malindi alright. Spork managed to knock a table over the second he got in so I've been trying to protect him from my sister's almighty wrath," he chuckles. "But no fishing. Malindi is keeping Knight busy - he's missing you already."

"We still owe you, Nicote. You look calm with this, so I assume you have hatched a plan. But if you're standing there needing help, you can let me know right now. Okay?"

[You are hungry]


"Ah. Yeah, Newt's kind of gotten himself into a tangle so I'm heading over to hopefully bail him out. If it works, I'll be back to join you guys. If not- well, you probably won't need to worry about whatever I owe the owners of those warehouses." He chuckles girmly. He glances at Felicia. "And I mean, he does have a point. Last I heard, people are somehow even less thrilled by my brother then by me. There was a reason I dyed my hair."

"But. Uh. Yeah, I'm probably going to owe Knight one for this. But I'm good for now, besides the whole....thing." He shurgs. "Honestly, no idea how long this one will take, so like. Yeah, uh, sorry for dragging you guys into this whole thing. You're welcome to take some time for yourselves and all, no preassure to wait if you've got things to do."

He pause for a moment. "Though, I will say- and not to be morbid, but just in case- if something does go south and I do actually get my head on a post, just- keep an eye on Knight for me, yeah?" He attempts to smirk. "I don't plan on dying though, but you know. Precautions. I'd rather he be with someone I know then having to go 'round on his own. Definitely do tell him I miss him though- that wyvern's a good fellow." He's definitely taking some kind of vacation the first chance he can, goodness knows he's barely spent any time with his own familiar. That's a sad thought.

"Anyways, right. I should probably get some food, and....hopefully not get assassinated on the way to Elvenor. That would be unideal. Can't really hang out with you three if I've been unalived." he tries to joke.
Whiterosealliance
Level 70
Frosty Hands
Joined: 7/14/2018
Threads: 11
Posts: 1,826
Posted: 7/26/2022 at 10:48 PM Post #2415
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=240#2400
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/16/2022 at 9:50 AM
Afternoon
(If you have to, no worries. The most I would ask is if you could let me know about an upcoming absence, but only if you're able to :) )
--
Brazentalons grins, unable to contain himself any longer. The thrill of a chase obviously appeals to him more than bartering for something to eat. With a yowling squawk he charges after the rat, which squeaks loudly and scampers in retreat down an alleyway, your familiar hot on its heels.

You cast a quick glance around the market square. There are plenty of foodstalls with delicacies from all corners of Anaia, the scent of baking bread, cooking meat and stewing broths filling the air in an array of delicious smells. Keep in mind you already have a substantial amount of food in your inventory.

Brazentalons hasn't emerged yet.


I take a big inhale of the smell of food before going down the alleyway too, so I dont lose track of where Brazentalons is. I walk in a slightly more measured pace so if he is still hunting the rat down, I (hopefully) won't alert it.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 3:22 PM Post #2416
Evening
(Do you think I should add Strength as a proficiency? Been wondering whether or not to for a while. Can probably get by without it, but players picking things up is something to think about)
--
You've stirred up the wind in the cavern a considerable amount already. Not only that, but calling upon your magic to move the size of the chunks of rock now being dislodged from the chasm walls behind you is asking a bit much. An erratic burst of wind changes the trajectory of a couple of the smaller rocks, pelting you and the ground around you. They don't make it more than a couple of metres from the cavern wall, the chieftain safely on the other side of the chasm floor.

A boulder cracks into the ground just behind you, splintering into several pieces.

You lean down and lift up the dwarf. He's emaciated, not so heavy that you can't lift him with a little bit of effort. Then, you get moving...

(Sorry, which direction are you wanting to go? The cavern runs north-south. North is where the other escapees ran. South is the landslide from before, beyond that are the approaching orcs. You are at the eastern wall of the cavern. The chieftain is standing at the western wall of the cavern, where the mine entrance is. He is currently blinded and can't see you, but is calling on another landslide where he knows you last were)
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Joined: 3/11/2018
Threads: 62
Posts: 32,102
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 7:10 PM Post #2417
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=242#2416
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/28/2022 at 3:22 PM
Evening
(Do you think I should add Strength as a proficiency? Been wondering whether or not to for a while. Can probably get by without it, but players picking things up is something to think about)
--
You've stirred up the wind in the cavern a considerable amount already. Not only that, but calling upon your magic to move the size of the chunks of rock now being dislodged from the chasm walls behind you is asking a bit much. An erratic burst of wind changes the trajectory of a couple of the smaller rocks, pelting you and the ground around you. They don't make it more than a couple of metres from the cavern wall, the chieftain safely on the other side of the chasm floor.

A boulder cracks into the ground just behind you, splintering into several pieces.

You lean down and lift up the dwarf. He's emaciated, not so heavy that you can't lift him with a little bit of effort. Then, you get moving...

(Sorry, which direction are you wanting to go? The cavern runs north-south. North is where the other escapees ran. South is the landslide from before, beyond that are the approaching orcs. You are at the eastern wall of the cavern. The chieftain is standing at the western wall of the cavern, where the mine entrance is. He is currently blinded and can't see you, but is calling on another landslide where he knows you last were)


(I think you can get by without it. The reason for this is that you already have stamina and if you added strength you would need to reconfigure the elements and experience the players have already earned. Not only would this be a huge hassle, but it would take away from the players in my opinion and experience. Some players focus on certain proficiencies and adding strength would force them to reconsider which proficiencies they want. You could also ask the other players for their opinions. Then again, it's your game.)

(Sorry I should have made which direction I want to go clearer.)(That also brings the question of: Where's Crimson?)

Asteria while still holding the dwarf runs north towards where the other prisoners ran. She tries to focus on keeping the chieftain blinded since her other plan hadn't worked and as long as she kept moving quietly yet quickly it would be difficult for the orcs to strike her or the dwarf.

Trusting years of Ranger training Asteria does her best to make it out of the cavern. Quickly deciding what to do Asteria chooses to try and make it out of the cavern then plan how to regroup with the others.
Scoutwolf
Level 54
Scout
Joined: 10/25/2018
Threads: 36
Posts: 9,313
Posted: 8/7/2022 at 9:49 AM Post #2418
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=240#2392
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 7/6/2022 at 4:40 PM
Midday
--
"No worries pal!" she slaps you on the back enthusiastically, knocking you a few paces. The work certainly hasn't fazed her. You part ways.

It's your first bag of gold, and so looks a lot more glittery than it probably is. Still, you should see a lot more of it at the Adventurer's Crossroads.

You'll probably be more likely to find a caravan near the outskirts of the city where the carts can all be kept with somewhere for the wayfarers to stay nearby, an inn for instance. A travelling party would likely be found in an inn or tavern. Not many residents of the southern territories travel, though there are a few traders and other wayfarers who come to Boulder to exchange goods. Though they certainly don't tend to venture too far into the city than they have to.

Tired, you take a while longer to walk to the edge of the city. Boulder doesn't have a city wall, it has a moat. Of molten lava. Nobody's really sure why this isn't a problem, but it looks pretty impressive, so they roll with it. But that's not what you're here for - by the main city bridge, you see a large travellers' inn with a square beside it filled with drawn-up wagons. You don't know the neighbourhood, so there could be more inns if you wanted to go looking for them.


Pike is definitely buzzing about starting a journey to anywhere he pleases. If money is involved it sounds like a fair option. He steers clear of the moat's edges, not too hyped on getting dunked into lava today. From what hes heard, those who take a swim in the liquid fire and rock do not survive.

He begins to observe the inn, listening for any sounds of a fight while watching out for danger. He decides to check this one out first; there would always be time to look for others if he wasnt satisfied with the first one, right? Besides, walking around an unknown or unfamiliar neighbourhood while exhausted sounds like an invitation for trouble to him.

As he walks closer to the inn and the travellers caravans, he suddenly feels a little overwhelmed. Pike realizes that he has not joined travellers before and, with his strange quirk of picking up things that interest him, it might be harder to convince them to let him join. He pauses outside the inn and wrings his hand for a moment before breathing deeply and letting his worries fall away. Whatever happened would happen. He could always travel by himself if needs be.

(Sorry for the really late reply. I'll try to let you know when a long absence will happen again.)
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Joined: 11/13/2018
Threads: 10
Posts: 1,902
Posted: 8/7/2022 at 4:49 PM Post #2419
Morning
--

"Not really," Felicia huffs, moving over to lean against the table. "You've committed actual crimes and kicked a whole load of hornets nests in between. Whereas while there may be wild rumours going around about Newt, sure, all your 'brother' needs to do is to represent himself, give the right answers to show he isn't a traitor, and continue to hold his nerve until public scrutiny falls away." She nods at you. "Your job. That idiot downstairs is a babbling, conspicuous mess. Running away was the literal worst thing he could have done when people are looking for someone to take the blame."

"And turning back up to that, to all of these nobles who have decided it's Nicote's fault, or Newt or whoever, is the smart plan?" Balthur snorts.

"A guilty man would have to be mad to come back," Felicia grins wickedly. "That's why our enemies will never expect it." The retort makes Balthur start, confusion written all over his face, but he backs down uneasily.

"I do still have a trading business to run," Balthur winces. You can see the cogs turning in his head as he tries to think of a way through this situation. "Everything about this crazy plan shouts that you should have backup you can rely on-" he shoots an acidic glance at Felicia "-but also can't be had. Hmm... here, I know. I still have business in the western territories which I urgently need to wrap up. Then I can be back in Elvenor in a weeks' time. Just in case... well, if things take a turn for the worse, you can find me in the Creaky Wagon Inn." He gives you directions to an obscure street in the shady parts of the Lowtown.

"Nicote, you have a decidedly dark sense of humour," Balthur barks an awkward laugh, then sobers up. "But you will come back. I won't accept otherwise. Until you do, I'll look after Knight. And yes, I'll tell him. Malindi would kill me if I left him with her."

You are hungry, which item of food do you wish to eat?
Orcastration
Level 71
Fishy
Joined: 11/1/2018
Threads: 307
Posts: 33,203
Posted: 8/7/2022 at 10:25 PM Post #2420
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=242#2419
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 8/7/2022 at 4:49 PM
Morning
--

"Not really," Felicia huffs, moving over to lean against the table. "You've committed actual crimes and kicked a whole load of hornets nests in between. Whereas while there may be wild rumours going around about Newt, sure, all your 'brother' needs to do is to represent himself, give the right answers to show he isn't a traitor, and continue to hold his nerve until public scrutiny falls away." She nods at you. "Your job. That idiot downstairs is a babbling, conspicuous mess. Running away was the literal worst thing he could have done when people are looking for someone to take the blame."

"And turning back up to that, to all of these nobles who have decided it's Nicote's fault, or Newt or whoever, is the smart plan?" Balthur snorts.

"A guilty man would have to be mad to come back," Felicia grins wickedly. "That's why our enemies will never expect it." The retort makes Balthur start, confusion written all over his face, but he backs down uneasily.

"I do still have a trading business to run," Balthur winces. You can see the cogs turning in his head as he tries to think of a way through this situation. "Everything about this crazy plan shouts that you should have backup you can rely on-" he shoots an acidic glance at Felicia "-but also can't be had. Hmm... here, I know. I still have business in the western territories which I urgently need to wrap up. Then I can be back in Elvenor in a weeks' time. Just in case... well, if things take a turn for the worse, you can find me in the Creaky Wagon Inn." He gives you directions to an obscure street in the shady parts of the Lowtown.

"Nicote, you have a decidedly dark sense of humour," Balthur barks an awkward laugh, then sobers up. "But you will come back. I won't accept otherwise. Until you do, I'll look after Knight. And yes, I'll tell him. Malindi would kill me if I left him with her."

You are hungry, which item of food do you wish to eat?


He puls out one of the sweet treats to nibble on for "breakfast". "Oh fair enough. But yeah, I got the logifcal strategizing half of the braincell, apparantly."

He nods at Balthur's idea. "That works out. Go finish up your work- goodness knows getting kidnapped isn't great for business." He grins. "Gues I'll see you guys on the other side, then, if all goes well."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 241, 242, 243, 244
This Page loaded in 0.071 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2022 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.