Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Themed Revamp
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 10:17 AM Post #11
After looking through them I think I like all of the updated colors. They're much more vibrant and they all seem to fit and flow well together! :)
Dial
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 35
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 10:53 AM Post #12
i like all of them except dire frost, howling moon, and full moon. i prefer the original colors for these.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 10:54 AM Post #13
Tiger Lily: The After is too Salmon Pink for my liking.

Blazing Fireworks: I just don't get the feel of it. Too much blue maybe, not enough actual red/yellow... Orange is a bit clash-y in my opinion.

The others are nice however.

Definitely still like a lot of them even after the after.
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 11:19 AM Post #14
Broken Heart Lups had more white originally, something that I definitely missed with the revamp. (revamp vs revamp adjustment)

The red chest area used to be a nice contrasting white. I do like the adjustments made though. (revamp vs revamp adjustment)

Overall I'm really happy with the changes made, even if I did enjoy the G1 being the white/cream color pre-revamp versus the C2 after.

Example of M1/C2 being flipped. (Current Adjustment vs G1/C2 flip)

(Trait examples used from current BH lup projects in stable)
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 12:18 PM Post #15
So, this is likely to be a long post with a lot of constructive feedback, however, I would like to start off by saying: please, anyone that actually created these themes, speak up about your designs and let us all know what changes would better bring the new design of that theme closest to what your original vision was. With the lunemara, this input ended up having a lot of weight, so don't feel like your input is just a voice in the wind.

That said, these are my opinions on how to best preserve the original feeling of the themes while also letting them look lovely:

Black Velvet Petunia
I mostly like what was done with the 'after' in this, however I feel like the severe paling of C2 does this theme a disservice. It feels out of place when compared with the more vibrant yellows of the original. Also, the change to EC/A1/A2 ends up feeling too pink, rather than being in the same tone of purple as most of the rest of the theme. Might I suggest something more like this instead:

Blood Moon
This theme.... I get what was being attempted with the new version of the theme, but it came out a little too far on the grey side and not enough on the blue side, I think. So, I've fiddled with all those greys to bring them subtly back into a more blue hue and re-darkened G1 since the lighter G1 just didn't seem to reflect the original feel of this theme. My suggestion for the new colours for this theme would be:

Broken Heart
So, while I know this theme did originally have white and lighter colours on it, I don't remember them being anywhere near as dominant as the proposed change to this theme would make them. The very idea of 'broken heart' seems much darker to me: dark reds, blacks, and just a touch of pink and white. To this end, I've darkened up several of the colours and tried to reflect a darker feeling while still capturing that blood and valentine idea.

Night Guardian
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this one almost feels like it was changed just to be changed? I think the original colours look gorgeous on it and really don't see the need for the change. It's perfectly dark which is what I expect with the name 'night guardian'. The proposed changes are just too pale to represent the idea. In fact, the *only* change I would want to see would be *darkening* C1 and A2, not lightening anything. For example, by just darkening A2 on the original, we get this:

Seashell
For the most part, I love the changes here, but one question: where did the blue come from, and why? Instead, I propose a gold colour for EC and a red-brown for A1, something like this:

For the rest... either I love the proposed changes, have no strong feelings one way or the other about the changes / have no better suggestions, or am ambivilant about the theme entirely.

Overall, I think most proposed changes make some sense, and I like most of them. There are just a few that I think were either changed for the sake of change, or their actual theme was not taken into consideration when playing with the colours. But... that's why this thread exists, right? To let us have our say too ^.^
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 2:17 PM Post #16
First off, I almost entirely LOVE the changes to Chocolate Paws! It looks amazing now, except for one thing. The second accent colour seems too dark/desaturated to me - when used on the ice wings or ethereal wings it just doesn't look chocolate so much as blah. I've tried messing around with the generator, and concluded that it would be much better in a lighter colour.
Original | Suggested edit

Beckh0und
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 74
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 2:32 PM Post #17
Omg, I love Dire Frost, Full Moon, and Ghastly! I now desperately want them. xD
Rissada
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 3:05 PM Post #18
In general, I like most of the proposed changes. The Black Velvet is a little brighter than I would expect for the theme. Darken up the blue on the body to make the red-orange pop more. Keep a bit of the yellow on the Full Moon theme, perhaps on the wings or tail. The Golden Foil looks more brown and dull than gold and bright. While I like the proposed changes for the Summoning Circle, it doesn't quite feel like something is about to appear in that circle. Not sure how to correct that. Maybe take the yellow note and change it to a sea-foam green? Otherwise, excellent job with the proposed changes! The majority are absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see what the final products look like.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 3:10 PM Post #19
Thoughts on a few specific themes.

BLACK VELVET PETUNIA
-Hooray for G2 actually being visible now!! \o/
-Dark purple mane looks nice, but I'm a bit torn. >.< Some traits look better as is, and others might look better with C3 and G2 flipped...
...Mostly just Runic Swirl, actually.
(thread version | flipped)

Maybe there could be some color tweaking there?
-EC and A1 look kinda pinky now. Could we get those pushed brighter/darker?

BLAZING FIREWORKS
-Bright blue G1 and bright blue A1 are a bit... overwhelming... for certain traits.
(current | thread version)

Could we get the blue a touch darker and the yellow a touch oranger again? ._. If they have to be brighter, that's fine, but I don't think they need to be /that/ bright.

DIRE FROST
-Personally gonna miss the orange highlights.
-New M2 color isn't bad, but maybe it could be edged just a tad brighter...?

FALLEN TREE:
-New version has some nice contrast.

FESTIVE:
-...I feel like this theme is just always going to be a disaster. It is an improvement, though. Oh boy, is it an improvement. But now it looks like a tomato or strawberry, at least with no vis. :P
-I do like the darker greens, and red G2 isn't bad.
-Spotted Fox looks kinda odd:

Could also stand for some color tweaking/flipping there, perhaps.

FROSTED PINE:
-...Huh?
-White G1 looks... odd. I know the current brown can be hard to see, but there are ways to brighten up the brown without turning it white ._.
-Runic Swirl is nigh invisible in both versions, actually:
(current | thread version)

PATRIOTIC:
-Darker mane helps a lot~.
-Leaf veins transition color looks weird, but I don't know why:

-Bright yellow Spotted Fox is taunting me, I swear
-Having hellhound skull not be purple will be kinda nice haha

VIBRANT COLEUS:
-Dark G2 is gorgeous :D That is all.
Edited By Somneli on 1/20/2019 at 3:33 PM.
Fastnatalie1
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 118
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 4:17 PM Post #20
Like about the new designs:
-Autumn Sunset actually looks more like a sunset
-Black Velvet Petunia yellow clashes less with the purple
-Chocolate paw's distinguighable colors (as it was always hard to distinguish to colors and traits)
-Festive Lup's go along better
-Forest Guardian is more forest-like(greens and browns)

Construcitive:
-Blood Moon would likely blend better with a darker G1 to better match it's other colors

-The new forest guardian, while better representing the forest, has some colors that are a little too bright for me as well as not enough brown and too much orange. I suggest changing the orange to some more earthy tones, adding some brown to C1 and darkening the color scheme a bit:
Edited By Fastnatalie1 on 1/20/2019 at 4:17 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.