Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Themed Revamp
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Charlibarlie
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 49
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 5:16 PM Post #21
I love most of these new designs and really appreciate the time youve put into this however, as said by other people, the frosted pine theme has too much white on it now and has changed drastically. I think if the white was in the M2 slot instead and maybe the brown was darkened a bit it might look better? (Like there could be snow on the wings)
So instead of this

It could maybe be like this?

Or maybe this?
Lyathali
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 5
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 5:18 PM Post #22
I'm only really speaking up about one theme. Frosted Pine. Where did the Pine go? I live surrounded by pine trees, trust me, even in snow it's brown, green, grey that dominate not the white. I can understand maybe wanting a little more variation to the theme, but please don't let white become the base. I adore the grey body color with layers of different greens, a little brown, and a touch of white built on top. That's what attracted me to the theme in the first place.
Liquidoven
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 26
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 8:31 PM Post #23
I'm not a lupora collector so I'll leave the critiques to everyone else, but I would like to comment on the Witching Hour lups

before/after:

This was by far my favorite design, (i'm partial to the fall designs) but the proposed version loses all the feeling of mischief and mystery the original design had. The blues and teals become overwhelming in the new design, looking more like a summer ocean theme than a spooky midnight theme.

Here are my proposed changes~

before vs. new vs. mine:

As you can see I tried to stick to the original, but made some improvements that I think the new design was trying for. In the original, C1, C2, and G1 become muddy, so I fixed this by making C1 darker and more vibrant to contrast the lighter and duller G1. Most of my changes are just to the values of the original colors, along with making some more vibrant. Here are more examples with my changes:

Keep in mind this is NOT my design, so I can only assume what improvements should be made based off the original. If anyone has suggestions to add on please feel free! Go ahead and tinker with my proposed design as well if you'd like c:
Squigles
Level 70
Fabled Green Thumb
Threads: 82
Posted: 1/20/2019 at 9:12 PM Post #24
As requested, I have here the reminder of pretag lups needing an update.

~Should you and fai be so kind~
:D
Edited By Squigles on 1/20/2019 at 9:13 PM.
Lizswordmaid
Level 70
Knight
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/21/2019 at 2:41 PM Post #25
First, I just want to say that, for the most part, I like a lot of these revamps and color changes. Overall, I think they improve the look of the themes and offer some needed color variations.

That said, I'm not thrilled with the added blue on the Seashell theme. It's pretty, but the colors were based entirely on undyed seashells, which primarily come in whites, creams, and browns. If an extra color splash is needed, I'd prefer more of a coral or an orange-purple color, as can be seen in images like this one I used for reference https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi5tZPo3f_fAhXyOn0KHXZ2AAIQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsciencing.com%2Fidentify-seashells-atlantic-coast-8430597.html&psig=AOvVaw2sxbmGBcy3VcCuvkUq1W7Y&ust=1548189309060126.

Other than that though, I'm definitely looking forward to the color update!
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 7:24 PM Post #26
I've noticed the mass removal and lessening of yellow almost entirely across the Themes... I particularly was dissatisfied about this on the Moon designs and Summoning Circle. I agree definitely that the Witching Hour is a dark and less than benevolent thing and the lightening and brightening of it makes it look more like a summer ocean. Hopefully the designers of the Themes can get their input in, but I will ultimately try to trust Krin's devotion to making the Themes as close as possible to their original designs and concepts. ^_^
And hopefully there will be sufficient of each Theme left in the old design to cover any Projects people may want to make using the old colors. :D
Caw
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 64
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 8:33 PM Post #27
Now, I love the new golden foil, dont get me wrong, but the one thing Id change is the A1 accent color. See, its right now a bright yellow, so if we use Spotted Fox or lets say Tribal Markings the yellow isnt that visible. And to be honest, its not that pleasing to look at.

Now, if you change it to a reddish brown, so that it doesnt clash with the gene colors, and its easy to spot the accents look much much better!

And I know its a small thing, but I think it helps a lot!

or you could make it a really dark brown so it still sticks out.

I prefer the darker brown but either brown seems to work.
it also helps with gene 3 where the tail markings would be really hard to see.

however once we edit A1

its so much easier to see.
however, with the reddish brown- its harder to see g3 and just seems to absorb the color- which is why I suggest the darker brown.
edit:
Or you can change c1 and A1 but I mean, its more change for less.
This is my favorite one of the bunch since it makes it look a lot more like the original theme.

But any of these suggestions work! (I mean besides the lighter brown, but thats just my least favorite :P)
Edited By Caw on 1/28/2019 at 11:47 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 11:16 PM Post #28
there are some really nice ones in there, and some we don't like as much, and I might go through and list them later, but for this particular moment, I just want to say I feel like the proposed Tree Moss is just, too much pale white-green?
Particularly, we are talking about the EC and the C2- mainly the C2, which is a colour clearly visible on the base lupora at all times (and maybe the AC2 is just a tad too bright but that's probably just us.)
The shade is more of a lichen colour and feels like a wide divergence from the original compared to all the other colours (while the original also has pale shades, they tended to take up a bit less of the lupora, like the current G3 slot traits do)

Current:

Proposed:

Us making a slight alteration to C2 to express our feelings:
Edited By Scathreoite on 1/22/2019 at 11:25 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 6:17 PM Post #29
When updating colors please take a look into Celestial Armour colors
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=72391&page=1#1
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 1/22/2019 at 4:06 PM
So a friend and I were talking about the difficulty of using Celestial Garb on the Lupes because it tends to lose contrast easily, even when other traits are looking great. I figured I'd play with the generator and find out the best way to get around this (IE, if AC2 being darker than M1 will always make it functional) and as soon as I started I was... well. This:

I'm going to use Mystic Ribbon as a comparison point for why this is such a pain in the butt. It's cloth, it has a blend of M1 and AC2, it's a well-loved trait, and it will show exactly why Celestial Garb makes it harder than it needs to be to find a set of M1/AC2 colors that work on all traits...

0029A3 / 0029A3
Celestial Garb (identical colors, has contrast)
Mystic Ribbon (no contrast)

0029A3 / 3D92DB
Celestial Garb (near invisible contrast)
Mystic Ribbon (actually has a little contrast!)

0029A3 / 80B7E8
Celestial Garb (small improvement...?)
Mystic Ribbon (great contrast!)

Inverse the colors and it looks great! But then you're stuck with dark AC2 for almost every other M1, M2, and M3 trait. Why should I have to sacrifice what I want for almost every other mutation just to make ONE technically flawed but otherwise beautiful trait work..?

80B7E8 / 0029A3
Celestial Garb
Mystic Ribbon

Other color examples:

FF0077 / FF0077
Celestial Garb
Mystic Ribbon

FF0077 / FF73B4
Celestial Garb
Mystic Ribbon

FF73B4 / FF0077
Celestial Garb
Mystic Ribbon

So my initial thought of "AC2 being darker than M1 to make it work" was correct... ish. I like to be thorough so I tried again with a black base... Now the opposite applies!

0029A3 / 0029A3
Celestial Garb (Identical colors, near invisible
Mystic Ribbon (just blah anyway without contrast.)

0029A3 / 80B7E8
Celestial Garb (hey, this works now!)
Mystic Ribbon (lookin' good)

80B7E8 / 0029A3
Celestial Garb (... meh?)
Mystic Ribbon

So NOW, with a black base, AC2 being darker than M1 = bad.

Now let's apply this to a theoretical theme idea, one that's intended to work well with any trait combination. "Theoretical Sunrise Lupora"

Mystic Ribbon
Mystic Ribbon and Husky.
Good and good. No issues caused by the trait. Everything is fine. Great mutation. Technically sound.

Celestial Garb
Celestial Garb and Husky.

Good enough and... no. Add husky and the swirls are harder to see. They were already fairly hard to see, but now it's just an epic failure.

Maybe reverse the AC2 with the mutation colors..?
Celestial Garb
Celestial Garb with Husky.
Hah! Oh that's funny. No, no, definitely no. It got worse.

And just to point this out, the colors used are yellow and peach. Two different colors should NOT have this much trouble contrasting each other.

FFD97A F59D7A

On everything else - EVERY other mutation with any trait combination - it works without any trouble. Except for Celestial Garb and its weird insistence on "if you want to go subtle my colors shall be a blob, so forget all those pretty mutations you just previewed and start over to suit ME! >:P "

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=72391&page=1#3
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 1/22/2019 at 10:54 PM
I miss the high contrast distinction between the cloth and the patterns on it of the old celestial garb honestly

vs

(and proposed theme updates of these two's themes:

only the proposed tree moss really has good contrast for this particular trait if you ask us)

This thread
Aquari
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 79
Posted: 1/26/2019 at 8:24 PM Post #30
Umm.. some of the themed pets we're already re-gened will they be able to get re colored?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.